Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Sep 15, 2011 3:38 PM

Sep 2010
This season was even better than the first one, cuz well.. in this one morita showed up more

they give too much attention to taekmoto :S , i don't rlly like him ... but anyway GREAT ANIME , i rlly liked it simple and lovely

10/10
Nov 22, 2011 12:03 PM
Jun 2011
Silent_Scream said:
The best slice of life. Ever.

YEP one of the greatest anime I ever watched
Nov 22, 2011 12:04 PM
Jun 2011
Confucius said:
I don't get it...I don't think I will ever understand this Anime.

what is there not to get?
Dec 2, 2011 11:11 AM

Oct 2009
I get family = squick.
But why do people keeping posting cousin's daughter = neice?
It doesnt. Sibling's daughter = neice.
Cousin's daughter = Cousin Once Removed. Depending on what country the language is spoken it is interchangable with Second cousin.
NOT Uncle/Neice.
Its bugging the hell out of me... Someone please answer? Im not being snarky I actually want to know LOL
Someone must be about to die: they're playing j-pop disco! -Frohike
Dec 20, 2011 5:26 AM
Nov 2011
This is the best slice of life anime ever, i watched 12 episodes within a day.

I was touched at the ending, when Takemoto says his first line, "a six tatami room with no bath, 10 minute walk from the college yada yada blah blah blah" after that I shiver, big time! And when he cried out loud inside the train, I can't help myself from crying too ahahaha.

My bias character would be Yamada, because I feel the same way you can't tell the reason why you love a certain person even if it hurts you so bad. But finally there's Nomiya-san who's on her side.

I'll give this anime a 10/10 :)

Still a good ending.
Dec 29, 2011 5:37 PM

Nov 2009
So much better than the first season in every aspect. I love the director of this season, should've done the first one as well.

9/10
Jan 2, 2012 8:08 AM
Jul 2011
10/10, no less.
This anime needs no alterations (except for a redub of Takemoto's voice in the last episode). The characters were the most natural in any sort of media I've ever seen.
10/10, no less. :)
Jan 7, 2012 4:03 AM

Sep 2011
Oh god, the moment I saw the four leaf clover at the sandwich Hagu gave.....HNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

This series is just simply wonderful, but I'm still kinda sad that Yuta didn't get Hagu.... but I agree that it's really Shu who deserves Hagu ^^

one big 10/10
Jan 11, 2012 4:06 AM

Sep 2010
Beautiful..... just beautiful.....
Honey and Clover moment was so cute, yet sad :3
𝓻𝓮𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓷 𝓽𝓸 𝓖𝓾𝓼𝓾 𝔀𝓲𝓽𝓱 𝓶𝓮

Apr 1, 2012 2:36 AM

Jun 2009
itd be col if someone could tell why Hanamoto was kissing Rika ...
Apr 21, 2012 2:45 PM
Jul 2018
I had a few minor nitpicks* (gave both seasons a 10/10) but felt this was an excellent series and moving way to end it. The series (ending especially) did seem rushed (12 episodes wasn't enough!) but it worked in the realistic sense: your life can suddenly change at the drop of a hat.

*I wish we could have seen more of an outcome with Rika/Mayama/Yamada/Norita love square (the credits sort of answer that though a lot of the ending credits is up to viewer interpretation). Also the Shuuji/Hagu angle seemed to come out of nowhere (compared to Takemoto and Morita) but I don't think it was necessarily in a romantic sense--all this time, Shuuji was looking after Hagumi because it was what he wanted to do and WAS truly happy with.

Realistic and touching, simply wonderful. The cast all found the missing thing from their lives (Four Leaf Clover symbolism) in one way or another.
removed-userApr 21, 2012 4:06 PM
May 18, 2012 5:05 PM

Nov 2011
Great series with light toned comedy, romance, and pace. Loved it :)
May 23, 2012 11:32 PM
Mar 2011
Slice of life with such maturity even when it had its scenes full of quirkiness and comedy it never felt out of place. The characters were all brilliantly written out with their own individual story lines that yet still managed to intertwine till the very end.
Everything about this anime is what I love and look forward to when I watch animes of this genre.

Going up there with one of my favourites, no question.
Jun 19, 2012 11:23 AM

Oct 2008
Nooo! She chose Shuu!? But what kind of choice? She likes Morita right!? They will get together in the future! I'm seriously hoping for it! >_<

Oh well, I'm just glad that Ayu seemed to have gotten her happy ending too. But it's sad to see them part ways. Guess that's how life goes. And it's not like they're never gonna meet again.
Jul 14, 2012 7:34 PM

Jul 2010
I cried. So hard. This season was amazing. Honey and Clover wasn't really a show that dug deep into my heart, but it made me feel so many things. I absolutely love it. 9/10
Jul 25, 2012 4:36 PM

Aug 2010
"...And so we'll keep revolving" such a beautiful experience with all it's ups and downs, a great slice of life anime.
Aug 10, 2012 9:59 AM

Feb 2010
fishergirl16 said:
This season was amazing. Honey and Clover wasn't really a show that dug deep into my heart, but it made me feel so many things. I absolutely love it. 9/10

and yet 9/10?
(laughs hard)
Hell is empty and all the devils are here.
Aug 16, 2012 10:40 AM

Jul 2011
Hmm.. I think this second season was better than first one.
Ending with some crying, great one <3

... Honey and Clover, makes sense :D
(Bread with honey and clover, feel bad to eat such good food)

5/5

"A half moon, it has a dark half and a bright half, just like me…", Yuno Gasai
Sep 1, 2012 4:45 AM

May 2010
8/10 it was pretty good, but I think it got worse at the end
I also personally don't like Morita as a person

Oct 8, 2012 12:13 PM

May 2010
Loved this episode. Very happy with the ending.

Overall, better than the previous season. And so far, best josei series I've seen. :)
Nov 18, 2012 11:54 AM

May 2012
Damn what a nice episode, the ending really teared me up with the four leave clover! I really wanted to see what happened if they would get together but this ending suits as well but is in fact really sad!

This anime was really good for what it gave us both first and second season where great had a great story development and pace in the episodes, had enough of character differences that made every one of them great!

I would have preferred to have a bit more positive ending but well not every story needs to end all perfect! 9/10
Nov 26, 2012 10:07 PM

Feb 2010
It's great to see Nomiya and Yamada together. I love this pair.

This is too good. I'm pretty sure that I wont appreciate it as much if I watch this when I was younger. I really cant wait for my sister to grow a little bit older and show this to her.
mingling with each other are the flames of red and blue
Dec 5, 2012 6:01 PM

Feb 2008
It's been a very long time since I teared up, but this managed to do it for me.
Dec 16, 2012 4:55 PM

Jun 2012
I was expecting a cheesy Disney ending for the last episode but they really nailed home a good message. This anime was the most Genre Defining Slice of life I've seen.
Jan 24, 2013 2:32 PM

Dec 2010
It seems like so many anime endings these days leave me disappointed, angry or both that I went into the last episodes of this series with low expectations. I am happy to say that I found the ending of this series to be one of the most satisfying endings I've seen in some time. While I would have loved to see Hagu with Yuta, I was good with her staying Shuji and I thought the sweet clover scene at the end was a nice way of showing Yuta that even if she didn't return his feelings, she still cared about him. I wouldn't have minded seeing a little more with Ayu or Takumi and their respective relationships, but I think we kinda knew where they were at. All in all I was very pleased with the ending.
Jan 28, 2013 2:35 AM

Jan 2012
a darker side of slice of life. I thought it would be a tragedy anime halfway through. I guess they already having a hard life enough already. Only one couple was made. It really shows that life isn't always pretty. It should have ended when ALL of them parted ways. Not just Takemoto. Then have a reunion OVA episode on the 10th anniversary of HnC!

Adolescence 2: Adolescence Harder.
My Guitar Covers:
Playlist

I CAN ALWAYS SHOW MY EVERYTHING TO YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUU
Feb 7, 2013 2:53 PM
Jan 2013
I thoroughly enjoyed the ending. I was one of the Yuta x Hagu fans as I saw Yuta as being nicer than Shinobu. But Hagu rejected him at the beginning of season 2 ending of season 1, because she didn't love him the same way. But I accept the Shuuji x Hagu ending as well. I'm a little more than dissapointed that people keep projecting their values into their expectations. This show is a slice of life show. Life can throw all kinds of people and events at you. And not everything will follow what society says will happen, much less a society half-way across the globe. In japan, first cousins can get married, Shuuji and Hagu are second cousins. If you put things into perspective, it really isn't that farfetched. And we shouldn't give a f*** if Shuuji really is in love with her or not. All we the viewers should care about is if she is happy and unharmed (although we couldn't do anything about it regardless since she isn't real). How is Shuuji being in love with her, bad for Hagu? How would it be bad if she returned his love? Do people get evil as they grow older, or are we basing morality on youth in and of itself. Or is it a sexist double standard, since Rika, who is around the same age as Shuuji hasn't gotten any flack when Takumi who is just four years older than Hagu, fell in love with her, and later when she had slept with him? Why is it there was no age barrier for them, but suddenly it's a big problem if it's with Hagu and Shuuji? So I ask again, How is Shuuji being in love with Hagu, bad? Hagu herself described Shuuji as her rain. And for Hagu, that is probably the best compliment one can receive.

Shuuji professed his love for her to others. A big theme of this show is about unrequited love. Many don't ever confess their love, and others do, but take a while. Shuuji claimed he had fallen in love with her a long time ago, but didn't exactly say how long ago it really was. I don't think he'll confess to her, because he really does love her, he doesn't want there to be an awkwardness between them. If he confessed, would that be evil? I don't think so. I don't believe an action can be good or bad based on who is doing it. For a love confession to be evil, it would always need to be evil. If she reciprocated, I also don't think either would be in the wrong. Love conquers all. For them to love each other romantically and it be considered evil, love would always be evil. Yes, Hagu is a loli. She's been a loli since forever pretty much. If shuuji being in love with a loli is bad, then what about when Yuta and Shinobu grow older. She'll still be a loli, and they will look similar to Shuuji when he was that age. You're essentially delaying judgement, and at the same time you are actually condemning Hagu. For if what Shuuji is doing is evil, and what Shinobu and Yuta would have been doing when they got older was evil, then what Hagu is/would-be doing is also evil, for the simple fact that it takes two to tango.

Anyway, rant over. Wherever her relationship with Shuuji goes, I would support it. Love conquers all, even prejudices. I myself would love to live in a world, where you aren't dictated who you must love and who you are forbidden to love.
"There is perhaps no phenomenon which contains so much destructive feeling as moral indignation, which permits envy or hate to be acted out under the guise of virtue."
— Erich Fromm
Mar 17, 2013 1:39 AM

Feb 2010
It seems to be a minority, we who like Shuu+Hagu pairing. It is kind of surprising, since Shuuji realy loves Hagu, while not sleeping with her. He also could, and that would be an extension of already established feeling. Isn't it that most women would wish for? Regardless, Shuu is always good to Hagu and you can't ask for better, if you love(like) her as she is, i.e. not want to break her or forcibly change to others standarts. Visuals are misleading here, Hagu is grown up, only her character is moeish and not sexualy developed, yet she is as mature as others in general aspect. It is actualy quite often to see age difference like this when men after 30 are with young women, so why not here?
Hell is empty and all the devils are here.
May 3, 2013 1:09 AM
Apr 2013
Can someone please tell me what is up with Shuuji and Rika in those scenes when it was just the two of them? In this last episode when she surprise visits him in the empty room, her eyes water and they seem to kiss (they cut away) and then they hold hands and lean against each other. They had like those moments before in S1. This confuses me so much. Are they romantic or just such good friends they're that intimate? Or am I missing something here.
May 31, 2013 11:49 AM

Jan 2013
What an amazing ending and series!!

Hanemoto sensei fully devotes his life to Hagu and helping her recover and follow her dreams. He was saved by Hagu from his feelings regarding Harada’s death and so as his sensei says, it’s his turn to save Hagu.

Morita and the assistant taking care of the demoted chairman’s family was incredible! Morita was really always moving toward the light as his dad wanted. Kaoru was also able to return and move on.

The closure we got with Takemoto and Hagu seriously could not have been done better. He realizes that there is something out of a failed love. He moves on toward his new job with the memories of Hagu and everyone that he holds so dear. I was barely holding back tears at the end.

Defninitely staying in my top favorites. This anime makes you stop and think about your life so far. Beautiful series
-Nothing can stay unchanged. Even so, can you still keep on loving this place?

-Be still my soul; when change and tears are past, all safe and blessed we shall meet at last.
Jul 14, 2013 12:08 AM
Aug 2010
I just finished the two seasons in 4 days. I used to watch this on TV when I was small. I never really understood it then during the holidays it suddenly came to mind and I started watching it again.

Never would I have expected an anime not that popular to be one of the best I've ever watched.

I could really relate to Takemoto. I'll be rewatching in one or two years for a better experience. I wonder how my view on this anime will change as I get more mature
Aug 31, 2013 12:50 PM

Apr 2008
*ignoring other comments*

Poor Takemoto.
I was hoping he'd get Hagu-chan.
Probably becaus I myself think Hagu-chan is so damn cute and pretty, in most aspects. And Takemoto reminds me of myself.

The last 10 mins made me tear up, so sad that it's over :(
FluffyDangoAug 31, 2013 1:13 PM

Oct 2, 2013 7:29 PM
Jan 2013
I still think Hagu would have been better off with Yuta. They could have travelled all over, and she could have painted in all the places he went with the temple crew, and it would have been awesome.
Ah, well.
I think the ending makes clear that even though she didn't pick him, she loves him, too.
Your mean should be an even bell curve only if you watch every show that comes out. Having a high-slung mean doesn't mean you're rating improperly. It can also mean you're selecting shows well to watch mostly things you enjoy.
Oct 10, 2013 3:26 PM

Sep 2013
I don't think I liked the ending, which is a shame because I was loving the series from start to finish. That is until Shuji's declaration of love for Hagu...yeah, I really couldn't get over that.
I was always more interested in the Takumi/Ayu situation to be honest but we got nothing here and it was still unresolved. Nomiya, a character I very much sympathised with only turned up in the end credits...NO LINES, WTF! Same goes for Yamazaki and Miwako (not forgetting Leader), I loved those guys!
There was still some sweet moments and I guess it didn't totally ruin the series for me but I won't be rushing back to rewatch it anytime soon.
Nov 3, 2013 1:27 AM

Apr 2008
SUPER SUPER BEAUTIFUL!!!! EVEN IF IT'S BITTERSWEET, IT'S STILL BEAUTIFUL! :')
Nov 5, 2013 4:23 AM

Jul 2013
Great anime I watch the 1st season and this season continuously and this gave me happiness because of their friendship and bonds, sadness because of the trials and that they face and motivation because of the morals that made me realized something. This anime shows true to life situations, I really love the story because I can relate it to myself.

The ending is great, though it made me feel and cry and that honey and clover sandwich is cute, it makes sense now that the title is Honey and Clover because of that sandwich. I'm glad that Ayumi and Nomiya are together, I hope that they are having the same feelings towards each other now. The other characters are all happy! I love happy endings.

I really appreciate this anime so much it taught me a lot. :) I hope there are more people to appreciate this great series.
"Anything is possible if you stop doubting yourself, so put some more faith unto you!"
Nov 21, 2013 12:11 AM

Sep 2013
xxjanism said:
I love how everything ended, the pairs, what they choose, and specially the last line. I also though of this series as "Love Between Friends" very beautiful series.
Im going to miss H&C
<3
Dec 28, 2013 9:39 PM
Nov 2012
HawthorneKitty said:
I get really ticked off when I see Ayumi and Nomiya together... yet I favor the Rika and Mayama relationship. I'll be honest, with the beginning of this series, I didn't see a love square conflicting with Hagu, and I still wish it was Morita that won in the end.

Nonetheless, this was a great series... almost rivals Clannad, but not really. <3

This is really late and you probably don't remember this at all but i feel the need to say it.

I watched Clannad about a year ago, i thought it was the most amazing thing ever but after watching Honey and Clover i realize that Clannad is no where near as realistic (even disregarding the ending) and Clannad isn't even as deep as Honey and Clover. I mean this in no way of criticizing Clannad for it is now still my second favorite anime. The sadness in Honey and Clover were depicted in a way not to evoke sadness, but to see the cold reality.

As an end note, I'm disappointed how Honey and Clover is not considered up there with the top animes this truly was a masterpiece.
Jan 1, 2014 12:36 AM

Jul 2012
Yay, at least one of my OTPs became canon. (Ayu x Nomiya)

Overall, a good series. 8/10 for both seasons. I would take off points because I couldn't get emotionally attached to all of the main characters. I also didn't really like how things turned out (how Shuu and Hagu ended up together) and how Mayama continued to pursue that emotionless woman. :X

On the Shuu and Hagu topic, I saw them more as the "brother-sister" or even "father-daughter" relationship so it was extremely odd for him to profess that he had romantic feelings for her.

But alas, this show really inspired me to think about my future, since my university application is due in a week. I'm gonna go to the manga to see if the anime missed anything...

skreyola said:
I still think Hagu would have been better off with Yuta. They could have travelled all over, and she could have painted in all the places he went with the temple crew, and it would have been awesome.

^
Jan 29, 2014 7:15 PM

Apr 2012
H&C 11/10 !!!!!!!!! brilliant series season 1,2

kinda weird with Shuu loving Hagu but hey he threw away everything to help her get better. Shuu was probably one of the best support characters I've seen in a long while. It's hard not to like him. Don't have any serious qualms with him being with Hagu even though it's kinda weird XD.

that honey and clover sandwich was so symbolic at the end. Not gonna lie, i cried D:

This shit is going on my favorites list.

Mar 15, 2014 12:59 PM

Jun 2009
tehnominator said:
When Takemoto pulls out those honey and clover sandwiches, eats them and starts crying, I lost it-- I bawled my guts out. I was completely inconsolable over how something can be so bitter and so sweet at the same time.

Painfully beautiful end to a great series.
This ;_;

Goodbye to those bittersweet youthful days that will never fade away.
I think, then procrastinate.
Therefore, I am.
Mar 16, 2014 1:47 AM
Sep 2013
drew21 said:
Can someone please tell me what is up with Shuuji and Rika in those scenes when it was just the two of them? In this last episode when she surprise visits him in the empty room, her eyes water and they seem to kiss (they cut away) and then they hold hands and lean against each other. They had like those moments before in S1. This confuses me so much. Are they romantic or just such good friends they're that intimate? Or am I missing something here.

No one havean answer for these? I'm curious about it too.
Apr 26, 2014 3:50 AM

Apr 2013
Just finished re-watching this, still bittersweet as hell <3
I'm surprised so many people say that Hagu and Shuu ended up together. I thought that Hagu didn't really end up with anyone; the whole point is that she chose art over love. Guess I just interpreted it differently..
That said, I still think there's a chance that Hagu and Morita might end up together in the future, after she completely heals, since they both love each other. That's what I'd like to think, at least.
Jul 10, 2014 7:19 PM
Jun 2014
q_w_e_r_t_y said:
drew21 said:

No one havean answer for these? I'm curious about it too.

I guess Shuuji/Rika/Harada reflects Yuuta/Hagu/Morita. The female falls for the one who had more talent. But both females know about the other one's feelings. Rika called Shuuji clumsy. And Shuuji still remembers the first time he saw Rika just like how Yuuta with Hagu.

---

I love her very much! says Shuuji to our and Yamada's shock. But as others have said, this reinforces the unrequited love theme of the story. Shuuji doesn't want something in return from Hagu. Because she loves Morita as pointed out by Yamada and Mayama. And she did promise to watch him always which in turn makes Morita does his best.

Yamada's love still shows when she shows concern to Mayama after he arrives from Spain which he can only return by being a friend (which Nomiya can't understand). This is also what Hagu does when she gives the honey and clover sandwiches to Takemoto. She considers him a dear friend and wishes him all the happiness and luck.

Takemoto certainly looked like he got the short end of the stick when he's supposed to be the main protagonist. How you could you really top Shuuji's 'very much' & sabbatical? How would roof restoration really compare to Morita's Hollywood?

Well, I like to believe Yuuta wrote this story to show his love. He was the main narrator and the most memorable lines came from him. He didn't just write about his college life, his friends, his soul searching but more importantly wrote abut Hagu-chan, probably his first love.
mad_seasonJul 11, 2014 5:26 AM
Jul 30, 2014 8:46 PM

Jan 2014
i'm kinda glad that Hagu didn't end up with Takemoto, he was my least favorite character in the group. but man that Shuu/Hagu relationship, not only were they cousins but the age gap, holy crap.
Recommend me an anime
Aug 8, 2014 10:04 PM

Feb 2013
I don't know how I feel....a bit depressed......this was a great anime.

9/10

Ugh..but now I've got to shake this depression with something funny to watch.
Aug 10, 2014 5:38 AM
Jul 2014
Season 1 was absolutely amazing! I immediately started season 2 to get my fix. The last scenes with Takemoto were heart warming as well.

The overall ending of the story though....pissed me off. I could have stood for a Morita/Hagu ending, but I really wanted to see Takemoto be the go to guy for Hagu in the end. I wanted to see some spark of chemistry on Hagu's end to make her look to him romantically. Instead we got Shu/Hagu for a completely off the wall finish.
Aug 21, 2014 12:47 AM

Aug 2014
Usually I look for another anime before finishing a great story so i won't miss it too much. Sadly that didn't work for this series. I'm not satisfied with the ending (wanted Hagu to end up with either Morita or Takemoto) but what's more depressing is that i've finished yet another masterpiece.... too fast.This anime is the best SOL series i've seen.
Aug 29, 2014 7:43 AM

Nov 2013
What a series. It's hard to handle a well told story of unrequited love like this one. I really enjoyed the second season more than the first because of its pacing and the way it gave closure.

Some people are saying that it was sad that everyone was leaving, but I'd like to point out that actually more people are together than separated. Ostensibly, based on what we know about the characters there are 6 people of the 8 significant characters that are still together:

Mayama x Rika
Yamada x Nomiya
Shuuji x Hagu

Only Morita and Yuuta really lost at the end of the day. Which I found to be extremely well done and interesting. The way that Morita and Yuuta both handled the rejection was really well written and believable for their characters. In a way, even though Morita and Yuuta didn't find romantic love, they found other sorts of love. Morita was able to connect with his brother and I think Kaoru came to terms with their differences. Yuuta was able to find a sort of companionate, familial love with the people he met rebuilding temples.

On the topic of Mayama x Rika, I'm glad they are together. Rika needs a strong person like Mayama to keep her from consuming herself with either work or grief. I was glad she finally admitted to herself that she cared for him and stopped pushing Mayama away. Even better was Mayama got to be with the person he cared for the most. The fact that he loved her in spite of all of her flaws stuck out in my mind. Not everyone can feel that level of consummate love for such a broken individual. Lots of people cannot see past the flaws, no matter how shallow that may seem.

Yamada x Nomiya is somewhat controversial, but I think Nomiya was painted as the"bad guy" because we were mainly getting Mayama's perspective in which he saw himself as the knight protecting the chastity of a fair maiden. However, I think that the later explanation that Nomiya is really just Mayama in "final form" speaks well of Nomiya's true character. He actually is a strong, motivated person who is willing to sacrifice of himself (many times) for someone he loves, even if that love isn't reciprocated. I think ultimately he proves himself worthy of the pure-hearted maiden of the series.

And then we get to the dangerous topic of Shuuji x Hagu, where we have to consider issues such as the loli, incest, and age. Personally, looking at this series from the perspective of it's intended audience (Josei), I think Hagu was a loli just for the sake of being cute. I don't think that the series ever attempted to sexualize her in any way, shape, or form. Beyond that, Hagu was 20 or 21 when the series ended, so she is an adult (and well over any age of consent) and could do as she pleased.

Hagu and Shuuji were second cousins, which is apparently not that big of a deal in Japan, even though people in the U.S. would find that quite strange. I don't particularly care to pass judgment on the "incest" part of their relationship, because it's such a moral gray area. If Hagu loved Shuuji romantically (as we definitely know Shuuji did), then I can't really fault them. Honestly, their lives are so difficult that I think it would be the literal death of both of them if they were separated. I don't think either of them could continue to function. Beyond that, I think Hagu probably hasn't ever really considered "love" as an option. Her genius (in some ways it seems she has Savant syndrome) is so overwhelmed by creating art that she doesn't even register love as a real possibility (reference: her reaction to Morita's advances).

I ultimately felt pity when I thought about Shuuji's plight. He may very well live out his days in the same home as the person he loves in the most consummate possible way, but he will never see that love fully reciprocated. Sure Hagu cares for him, but it's very unlikely she has the same passion and desire for intimacy as he does. That's an extremely difficult place for Shuuji to be. I think I would probably lose my mind or do something terrible if I had to live my life that way. In a lot of ways you could see Shuuji as imprisoned. A willing captive, yes, but no more free than any other prisoner. Thankfully for Hagu, Shuuji seems to be incredibly selfless and willing to put himself in that prison for her sake--unlike myself.

Holy hell, if you actually read all that, thank you.

tl;dr - I liked the series. It was very emotionally exhausting. 8/10.
Aug 30, 2014 7:01 PM

Sep 2013
Welp, that was unexpected. Totally unexpected. I don't know how I feel about this, I'm just really shocked at the moment lol.

Also, did Nomiya x Yamada happen? I feel like I missed an episode.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

» Shuu-chan loves Hagu?

Meruto - Jan 19, 2011

39 by Z0mbieB0y »»
Apr 4, 12:56 PM

Poll: » Hachimitsu to Clover II Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Kayro - Mar 29, 2008

82 by Danahi82 »»
Jan 24, 1:09 AM

» Sandwiches - How long did it take Hagu?

Barusamikosu - Dec 24, 2023

1 by Rama_Chan »»
Dec 25, 2023 12:35 AM

» How is this related to march comes in like a lion?

TsutanaiFuun - Jun 28, 2023

6 by accidentalfloss »»
Jul 2, 2023 10:29 AM

Poll: » Hachimitsu to Clover II Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Karura - Mar 23, 2008

72 by TsutanaiFuun »»
Jun 28, 2023 12:31 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.