Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Apr 10, 2009 3:28 PM
Jan 2009
Great ending to an amazing series. Also there is a Naked Juice bottle at the end.
Apr 24, 2009 10:15 PM
May 2008
B-b-b-b-bwaaaah. Nooo. It can't end like this!
Everyone split up in different places...
The must remain happy and together... forever!
Oooww. This is so dissapointing. Sniff.
Oh wells, at least this is a realistic ending.

...by the way. WHAT THE HECK.
Why everyone made such a fuss about the Sensei's love for Hagu!?
Is it because... he loves her in a ROMANTIC WAY!?
What the heck!!! Nooo. I can't see him loving her any other way than in a fatherly way. He's... just so old... and she still looks like a real kid. Err. This feels so wrong.

I know Morita and Takemoto are in a similar situation. Specially Morita, how old is he by the end of the series? I lost the count already, haha. Anyways. Their love for Hagu still is acceptable for me. ...actually I would have died of happiness if Morita stayed with Hagu, FOREVER. But... the Sensei, loving Hagu? Ow come on! He's a familiar of hers, isn't he?

I have weird tastes in couples, but this... really doesn't compute for me.
HE MUST LOVE HER. BUT IN A FATHERLY AND CARING WAY.
OOOONLY LIKE THAT. Please.

Aaaaanyways. Geez, I seriously need more Honey & Clover.
More Morita & Hagu ♥
More Nomiya & Yamada. More Mayama & Rika.
More… Takemoto & Shuu-chan. Haha.

Waah. Coul anyone recommend me something?
Should I read the manga? Fanficts?
Anyone got a nice doujinshi there? Anything will do D:
Apr 26, 2009 5:59 AM

Feb 2009
HawthorneKitty said:
Nonetheless, this was a great series... almost rivals Clannad, but not really. <3

Blasphemy. H&C is ten times better than Clannad in both character development, maturity, and atmosphere.
KainamiMay 19, 2015 2:40 PM
May 3, 2009 11:20 PM

Mar 2009
tainteddonut said:
rvdfan56 said:
i don't kno why no one's brought this up yet but why was there a change in voice actors for takemoto in the LAST episode? someone care to explain?

The original voice actor was hospitalized after an accident and wasn't able to record for the final episode broadcast. When he got better he was able to come back and record that last episode for the DVD release.

Oh I see now. The first time I watched it which was at least a few years ago I didn't notice, but I just finished rewatching it and the voice actor for takemoto did natsume in natsume yuujinchou too so it was really familiar to me and I noticed the change this time around. Kind of ruined it a bit though =P Meh.

Rewatching it made me fall in love with it all over again =D
May 13, 2009 7:42 AM

Jun 2008
AWWW!! that was so sweet!!!! she actually found all those 4-leaf clovers!!!! that was so sweet at the end... he was crying while he ate it. hahaha. well if it was me, i wouldn't have eaten it.. well maybe the sandwhich, but the clovers, those hard to find! i would've treasured those! preserved them in a book or something...

anyway. i can't believe its over!! :(( is there a sequel or something??? haha.. and we didn't get to see much of yamada x nomiya.. :(( oh well.. hahahah... and what was that about peter???? when the electricity goes out they go fighting with light sabers?!?!? hahaha.. and the part when they were all about to cry. ahaha...
May 18, 2009 6:46 PM

Apr 2007
That was a great ending. H&C is one of those few series that I wish wouldn't end T__T
While I enjoyed this it wasn't as great as the first series imo, so I'll score it one number lower; 9/10~ :3
May 27, 2009 6:48 PM

Aug 2008
Oh my God, what a spectacular series. I could use a bit more of Ayumi x Nomiya though ;D And wth was that with Rika and Shuu-chan?! O.o

Takemoto's last words were so deep and touching, made me want to cry~

Loved it! I'm gonna miss this show so much ;^;

Jun 28, 2009 7:07 PM

Jan 2009
nice resolution for an awesome series. I was kinda confused by the voice narrator in the beginning since i was wondering who the hell was speaking but I realized it belong to Takemoto later on. It was really odd seeing a different voice actor for him especially for the last episode but i still enjoyed it.
Jul 4, 2009 10:33 AM

Mar 2009
Amazing. I'm soo sad this anime is over this episode nearly had me in tears definatley getting a 10.

Jul 7, 2009 3:58 AM

Jan 2008
The last episode was really beautiful, I couldn't help but cry.

All in all, I liked the ending a lot, although in my opinion, there should have been a bit more conclusion regarding the other pairings and I didn't quite get if Shuu-chan loves Hagu in a romantic or fatherly way. o.o I'll just make myself believe it's the latter.

Apart from that, I actually found the first season slightly better, so I'll give this one 9/10, although I've been wavering between 10 and 9 for a long time. (Would be a 9.5 actually xD)

Although I understand it's the end now, I keep wishing there was more H&C. ;_;

Jul 30, 2009 8:46 PM

Jun 2008
gravepact said:
Great ending to an amazing series.
Well, I would've said beautiful instead of great, but either way, it emphasizes.

@ Shuu-sensei's love; well, you know, love does have many, many forms. Parental love, intimate love, love for friends, love for work, for examples. The one time Honey & Clover showed intimate love was with Mayama & Rika. And after just watching the last and second last episode of it, I remember Mayama saying that Hagu wants to draw more than anything, even love, as she rejected Morita, and placed her interest more than anything.

Anyways, being one of the best under-watched anime series, this one goes for a 'Masterpiece' in my list.

By the way, I think we all could think of an ending for Yamada x Nomiya.
Aug 4, 2009 3:20 AM

Jul 2007
CookedCelery said:
Loved it. It was such a bittersweet experience.

Yep Gotta Agree with that
Oct 14, 2009 11:26 PM

Jul 2009
about hanamoto sensei saying i love you being a big deal i think its because he says "suki" instead of "aishiteru" (aishiteru is said with married couples,family members and suki is with relationships) but hey dont take my word for it, im only 30% sure
Oct 22, 2009 11:54 AM

Jun 2008
Just bad, it was really unbelievable bad. Did I really wait 12 Episodes for such crap? I mean, why couldn't this be a Takemoto x Hagu End? I just hate this season.

4/10
Kiku-chanNov 4, 2009 5:38 AM
Dec 7, 2009 3:42 AM

Nov 2008
It's finish already?
Well I think It's the best slice of life anime.
The author did a grat job.
But I want another series..I think.

anyway 8/10
Dec 19, 2009 2:33 PM

Apr 2009
I'm so glad that Kaoru is back and ok! I was so worried.
Seems like there's a chance for Yamada and Nomiya to get together as well, as shown in the credits...Very, very good.

Also, lightsabers XD Ahaha.

Shuuji, have a lifetime of happiness x3 You deserve it, god dammit.
-sniff- Takemotooo D: In the end he didn't win Hagu's love (which is completely inexplicable for me, he's so adorable)...but it may be for the best. That temple restoration job is the best thing that happened to him and my favourite 'arc'/theme in this anime.
The clovers were so meaningful x3 I wonder how much time she had spent to find those.

Great series with a great cast of characters.
- If you believe this place holds you, it is a prison.
If you do not wish to leave, it will become a fortress.

Current icon:
Kusuriuri from Mononoke
by pana (LJ username)
Dec 20, 2009 7:28 PM

May 2009
I am so depressed now. My addiction is finished -____- I'm really sad. This was a great series and I'm really going to miss it.
<!--link--><a href="http://myanimelist.net/animelist/angelfire892&sclick=1">
Being sane is over rated :)
Jan 10, 2010 2:57 PM

Dec 2009
this my first post of 2010.. well i really like how it ended it will make you think think think... its meaningful yet heartwarming story about life, i give this a 10/10 because its didn't need a great animation just to be great.. it only need a great story and great characterization.

anyway i really life what takemoto said on the last minute "as the time passes, the day will come when everything will fade to memories. But.. Those miraculous days, when you and I... along with everyone else, searched together for just one thing... will continue revolving forever...

and yeah shuuji also said that he loves hagu... is it fatherly love? as i know japanese doesn't prohibit cousin to cousin relationship but as uncle and niece wtf.. well you could say ive being narrow winded.

and yeah do you know what song solar fansub used on the credit scene on last episode? thx!
Jan 10, 2010 7:29 PM
Jan 2010
I really enjoyed Honey and Clovers. Its not often that I get taken by a story in a show so thoroughly I end up losing track of time. As a college student entering my last semester tomorrow morning, I can understand the feelings and anxieties of the characters.
I loved the character interactions- how their friendships changed as the characters aged and matured.
Great story, great characters, and beautiful art.
Jan 20, 2010 8:24 AM

Mar 2009
Wonderful, thats how the end. At the scene Takemoto in train station i aspect more than that. hmm Maybe it saved by bicycle ride along with Hagu. :D
Jan 20, 2010 8:39 PM

Jan 2008
What a series... so bittersweet~ I'm gonna miss it. 9/10
Feb 5, 2010 1:08 PM

Aug 2009
Man, I'm really not satisfied with ending, but I'm moved!^^
Although to me, the first season was better, still the second deserves 9/10, too.
They just should've made 24 eps^^
That lucas/laser saber thing was just amazing! xD
Definitely the best slice of life and one of the best series I've seen...
Feb 5, 2010 1:48 PM
Jun 2008
When Takemoto pulls out those honey and clover sandwiches, eats them and starts crying, I lost it-- I bawled my guts out. I was completely inconsolable over how something can be so bitter and so sweet at the same time.

Painfully beautiful end to a great series.
Feb 15, 2010 12:58 AM
Jul 2009
Definitely bittersweet. This show is a victim of its own success. For the ending that came form left field it gets a 9/10.

I miss the light hearted season 1
Feb 21, 2010 9:08 AM
Feb 2010
omg :(
i really disliked season 2
i feel like i'm the only one who did, too
it was just soo angsty and all the people who ended up together shouldn't have imo.
hagu and hanamoto.. honestly never saw that coming
season 1 will always be one of my favorites, though.
Feb 21, 2010 11:23 AM

Oct 2009
Loved it. Such a beautiful series, sad to see it end, but it was the perfect ending.

I was very happy with the couples, although expected Morita and Hagu to actually be together, rather than the Shuu-chan development.
Also unexpected was the "Please give me your life", definite woah there.
Ohh, I loved all the characters, can't chose a favourite :'(
I can't find anything wrong with this series at all. Has to be a 10/10.
Feb 21, 2010 5:26 PM

Mar 2008
I read somewhere that some find this season didn't seem to end. But that's because...

It's a slice of life. And it's just that - a slice of a couple of students' lives. It starts abruptly, ends abruptly, leaving an empty unfinished feeling. Because it's watching life unravel - it doesn't end there, it carries on to other heights which are simply not captured anymore.

Rest of short review:
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 21, 2010 8:01 PM

Feb 2010
Well its probably the most realistic slice of life anime I've seen so far.

The ending was "ok" for me, but I wouldn't say that I'm satisfied or dissatisfied..

Although I must say that I am disappointed about Hagu's decision and the way they exaggerated Shuu's love for her in more of a romantic way. It would have been fine if they left it at a Father-figure/older sibling/relative overlooking her scenario.

It would have been nice if some of the pairings had more of a clearer conclusion to them as well.

Overall I'd give Honey and Clover an 8/10.
Apr 11, 2010 7:05 AM

Mar 2010
I give this 8/10 ..... I would have said 9/10 because I was addicted most of the was through the story, but I need MOAR resolution to my ending.. I want at least someone to end up with someone and for them to be rediculously happy about it, and that someone is anyone but Hagu, the woman who looks like she is ten(and yes I know that her looking that young is a symbol of her innocence and sheltered life), Hagu and Shuu...ick... I don't like the way his feelings went from father/daughter relationship to love interest in the last two episodes.....

All this bittersweet unrequainted love BS is making me sick. It also seems like it was left open for a possible H and C 3.... But they did do the Takemoto choking down the honey and clover sandwhich while crying bit, so who knows.

I know this series was about failed relationships and all, but Im the kind of person who wants to see SOMEONE actually get what they want at the end...The more I think about it, the less I like this show.
DIETSODAApr 11, 2010 7:11 AM
May 27, 2010 5:59 AM

Jun 2009
I think that Takemoto and Morita aren the only ones who didn't get in a relationship. There is definitely enough evidence supporting Mayama and Yamada's individual relationships with Rika and Nomiya respectively.

As far as this show and it's ending... beautiful is the only way I could describe it.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Jun 8, 2010 3:34 AM

Mar 2010
Woah woah woah!!okay so what happened is that Hagu chose Shuu??!how come i didnt notice this eventho i've watched the series twice!!

I thought she would be waiting for Takemoto-kun to finish his work bla bla bla and stuff!wait did i miss something hurmmmm(i knew i should've participate in this discussion earlier)is it during that bicycle scene ...hurmmm

ahhh i demand an explanation from someone!!or should I just rewatch the series again?? hurmmmm =.=
Check out my channel!
Erzat
Jun 9, 2010 9:06 AM

Jun 2009
shootdatpancake:

shootdatpancake said:
Woah woah woah!!okay so what happened is that Hagu chose Shuu??!how come i didnt notice this eventho i've watched the series twice!!

Yes, Hagu chose Shuu. No one really knows if they'd end up together or something romantic would grow from Hagu, but she considers art as her life, more important than love. We all know that she loves Morita, but she goes with Shuu because he can support her with her art endeavors. Well, Shuu seems to be romantically inclined to Hagu (Episode 11), however, as I see it, it's one-sided.

shootdatpancake said:

I thought she would be waiting for Takemoto-kun to finish his work bla bla bla and stuff!wait did i miss something hurmmmm(i knew i should've participate in this discussion earlier)is it during that bicycle scene ...hurmmm

I have to rewatch that scene to be accurate, all I can remember is that they were talking about goals and meaning of some things and stuff. Then again, I'm pretty certain there were no parts in there that said that she'd wait for him. Chances are, if she'd wait for someone, it will be Morita, not Takemoto.

I am a guy. Don't let my avatar, Yukishiro Tomoe, fool you.
Jun 10, 2010 12:44 AM

Mar 2010
Lorelei said:
shootdatpancake:

shootdatpancake said:

Yes, Hagu chose Shuu. No one really knows if they'd end up together or something romantic would grow from Hagu, but she considers art as her life, more important than love. We all know that she loves Morita, but she goes with Shuu because he can support her with her art endeavors. Well, Shuu seems to be romantically inclined to Hagu (Episode 11), however, as I see it, it's one-sided.

shootdatpancake said:

I have to rewatch that scene to be accurate, all I can remember is that they were talking about goals and meaning of some things and stuff. Then again, I'm pretty certain there were no parts in there that said that she'd wait for him. Chances are, if she'd wait for someone, it will be Morita, not Takemoto.

Ahh I see ...I feel bad for Takemoto,well i guess things don't really go our way in life ...maybe the last train scene kinda made me think that hagu kinda has some feelings towards Takemoto ...well never mind,thanks by the way Lorelei for your explanation ^^
Check out my channel!
Erzat
Jun 27, 2010 12:24 PM

Apr 2010
This is one of my favourite anime series ever.
With my favourite character ever - Morita.
I really wished that Hagu would chose him, but the ending left me with the feeling that he'll come back for her.
The characters were brilliant (except for the good-for-nothing Takemoto), the story was too. I'm so sad it's over.
Well I guess it's time for the manga now! ^^

10/10
Jul 10, 2010 9:09 AM

Apr 2007
Bah! The voice actor change ruined everything for me.
I'll try to rewatch the DVD version but I feel that It may be too late.

Wich is too bad since I loved both seasons of this show and the ending would've been great but all I could think about was how Takemoto's voice sounded so wrong...
Too lazy. Maybe later.
Aug 16, 2010 6:35 AM

Jun 2009
I really want Morita x Hagu ending, I support this pairing since the beginning of the 1st season. uhhh..but I won't complain that it was a great ending to a great series. Gonna miss Honey & Clover. Yeah, Takemoto's last words was really touching. And I noticed that Takemoto's voiced changed.
jjihhyeAug 16, 2010 6:38 AM

Aug 27, 2010 12:37 PM

Aug 2008
This was a great series, actually preferred this season to the first. The last few minutes with Takemoto's ending words and the honey and clover sandwiches had me pretty much in tears.
Would've preferred a clearer conclusion for Yamada/Nomiya and Mayama/Rika, though I'm just going to make my assumptions that they both got together. Shuu loving Hagu was a bit of a shock since I always saw that they had a father/daughter relationship the rest of the series, but I don't mind about the Hagu storyline that much as I never really liked her.
Definitely one of my favourite animes now, the storyline and characters were brilliant. 10/10 overall.
Nov 12, 2010 3:25 AM

Jan 2010
kanaka said:
This series is probably the best example of slice of life based anime ever.
Uh-huh.
Nov 15, 2010 2:09 PM

Oct 2009
Finally, Japan does a romantic story that's realistic. I'm actually glad Takemoto didn't get his way in the end. That's how life works. Season two was so much better than the first.
Nov 17, 2010 11:29 PM

Oct 2010
Kayro said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Great ending ^_^
Loved the part with Hagu and Takemoto in the bicycle, simply beautiful.

Overall, I loved this 2nd season. Going to give it a 10/10.

Yep .
This is just great story telling. some part of the series made me cry.
Dec 13, 2010 11:15 PM

May 2010
I don't get it...I don't think I will ever understand this Anime.
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Jan 30, 2011 7:24 PM

Feb 2010
I thought this was so much better than the first season. Some say they thought it was too serious, but I preferred that angle and how characters relationships deepened so beautifully because of it. I like the comedy in Honey and Clover, but injecting too much into the sequel would have weakened it.

I cried when Takemoto found the four leaf clovers on his sandwiches. I finally felt something for Morita when they stopped making him being there solely for the point of humour (I was waiting so long for development on his part), and his brother's story was amazing. I wasn't too enamoured with Hagu and Morita's relationship, so I'm happy with the way it ended, even though I can't see Hanamoto and Hagu's relationship as romantic.

10/10.
Jan 31, 2011 3:56 PM

Jul 2010
I totally loved the second season, it was better than the first one. The pace was a bit faster and the drama more intense and wow all the character story's were pretty heavy sometimes... I'm glad I finished it though and I'll def miss it :(

I liked the ending for Hagu and Shuu-chan but poor Morita and Yuuta, they were the only ones without a really happy ending... But the last lines of Yuuta were just so touching and I now know why it's called Honey & Clover... <3
Mar 13, 2011 12:01 AM

Oct 2010
This show had so much meaning all the way through
10/10
Mar 22, 2011 7:34 AM

Jan 2011
I enjoyed the series - it didn't touch me like Clannad but, it was very well done - not so cliche etc, not totally predictable, which was nice I guess.
Mar 24, 2011 9:31 PM

Sep 2009
I think it was a really good and powerful ending....it just struck me as weird when she got all touchy with Takemoto at the LAST episode...when all she was ever thinking about before was Morita...UGH.

Overall, i'm disappointed in the ending, but i still give the anime a ten.
Apr 12, 2011 11:08 PM

Apr 2010
Bittersweet ending. It is truly a beautiful series, although the left field ending kinda left me with a wut expression. I guess I am one of the few who was glad morita didn't end up with hagu. Although I had hopes for takemoto I kind of dig how they don't toss him any bones really. His life sucks but he just mans up and deals with it. It's honestly crazy how this anime replicates life, as silly as that sounds.
May 9, 2011 2:06 PM

Jul 2009
It was pretty good but I didn't enjoy it as much as the first season, which I thought was amazing.
A few things bugged me about season 2 that left me with a weird feeling.

First, is Shuu confessing his love for Hagu. I don't really care for the age gap. My main gripe lies in the fact that Hagu is Shuu's cousins daughter (according to season 1). That would mean Shuu is Hagu's biological uncle. Nevermind the fact that he raised her as a father figure ever since she was so little she peed her bed (according to season 2 episode 12).

Second, Takemaru seemed a bit neglected in the story. Whatever happened to the end of season 1 with his bike journey? In that episode the most important thing for me was that he actually found some courage and decisiveness for once which leads him to confess to Hagu. However, that is all missing in season 2.
He kind of passively does nothing the whole season except give excuses to not try. Only time he gets near hagu is tagging along with Yamada, or when Morita rushes the hospital-- a far cry from seeing her as the important thing from his bike journey. Very dissapointed.
ve1lMay 10, 2011 1:09 AM
May 12, 2011 7:47 AM

Dec 2008
Great season. I loved hat it was just as good as the first. Honey and Clover was just such a sweet series.

Overall, I gave this series a 7/10.

May 17, 2011 5:40 AM

Dec 2010
I loved this series immensly. A great set of characters, wonderful soundtrack, and just a laid-back atmosphere behind it all. And the ending was very touching.

I'ma give it a 9/10.
"Ah yes, the demon drink...'Nature's Alzheimer's' they call it"
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Shuu-chan loves Hagu?

Meruto - Jan 19, 2011

39 by Z0mbieB0y »»
Apr 4, 12:56 PM

Poll: » Hachimitsu to Clover II Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Kayro - Mar 29, 2008

82 by Danahi82 »»
Jan 24, 1:09 AM

» Sandwiches - How long did it take Hagu?

Barusamikosu - Dec 24, 2023

1 by Rama_Chan »»
Dec 25, 2023 12:35 AM

» How is this related to march comes in like a lion?

TsutanaiFuun - Jun 28, 2023

6 by accidentalfloss »»
Jul 2, 2023 10:29 AM

Poll: » Hachimitsu to Clover II Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Karura - Mar 23, 2008

72 by TsutanaiFuun »»
Jun 28, 2023 12:31 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.