Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 29, 2008 12:21 PM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
When they arrived at the statue and their Grandmother was still with them, I started to think she might be a Ghost and from that point on everything just seemed like it. It was a good way to end the anime.

I'm not sure if I should give it a 6 or a 7, it wasn't that bad.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Mar 29, 2008 3:49 PM

Jul 2007
I liked the way it ended.. and overall, it was quite an enjoyable show. Also nice they animated it with an old style art like that, kind of daring inbetween all those KyoAni and random shitty CG shows these days. I've had it rated as 8/10, which I think myself is pretty (maybe too) high.. but it was one of the very few shows I found myself looking forward to each week in this winter season - there has been a lot of crap mediocre stuff, and Mokke wasn't one of them.
Well, maybe I should give it a 7 after all :p

Oh, last but not least.. I hope someone subs the special(s?) now too!
Mar 29, 2008 3:56 PM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Mire said:
Oh, last but not least.. I hope someone subs the special(s?) now too!

I didn't know there were specials.

About the animation, I thought the water looked awesome in Mokke. Heh. I ended up rating it a 7.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Mar 29, 2008 4:01 PM

Mar 2007
It was a fairly good last episode. I, on the second hand did not think about that their Grandma could've been a ghost until she just disappeared by the river.

I liked Mokke a lot the first couple of episodes, after that I started disliking it, and then I started liking it again. So I'm giving it a 6/10.
Mar 29, 2008 4:02 PM

Aug 2006
I didn't expect this anime to have a sad ending but it was done really well and it's something pretty much everyone can relate to. Overall it was an ok anime with some parts dull mixed with some entertaining parts and it had nice ending 6/10.
Mar 29, 2008 4:06 PM

Jul 2007
cyruz said:
I didn't know there were specials.
Me either, but apparently, Tokyotosho does! ("Mokke SP1") Guess I'll see soon enough.

I ended up rating it a 7.
Same.
AwesmoeMar 29, 2008 4:10 PM
Mar 29, 2008 4:12 PM

Aug 2007
Wow - Great to hear that there are specials!

About the animation, I thought the water looked awesome in Mokke.

Same here - I always loved to see it in the OP sequence!

I might be a bit messed up, but I ended up ration it a 10 - I don't take rating that serious and I just loved the anime - style, pace, characters - It might have been a bit cheesy some times, but.. I do not care!
Mar 29, 2008 4:24 PM

Jul 2007
Yep, the OP was really great.. both, in animation and the song itself. The Sp1 thing seems to be legit btw.
AwesmoeMar 29, 2008 4:33 PM
Mar 29, 2008 4:26 PM

Mar 2007
Mire said:
Yep, the OP was really great.. both, in animation and the song itself.

Indeed, Riyu Kosaka is a great singer.
Mar 29, 2008 5:58 PM

Aug 2007
I'm going to miss the OP - one of the few openings I really liked to sing along :D

Is there any chance that the manga will get licensed sometime?
Mar 29, 2008 8:37 PM

Jan 2007
T_T

That was a good episode. Interesting way to end the series. I gave the show a 6.
Mar 30, 2008 1:47 AM

Jul 2007
It seems I'll be the only one giving it a 9. I know it wasn't anything spectacular, but it was unique in many ways, and the feeling it left me with at the end of almost every episode was different than any other series I've watched so far.
Mar 30, 2008 9:18 AM

May 2007
I also gave 9. It was one of the few series that really touched me.
Spending half of my childhood on the countryside, I totally loved this aspect of the anime.
The ghost-world part felt a little cliché, but since it was no ordinary ghost story, showing huge variety of creatures, it was okay.
'I think of my fellow men from the Shieikan as my lifelong comrades. My most proud and precious good fortune has been to have met all of you, Soji.' [Yamanami Keisuke, vice-commander, Shinsengumi]
Mar 31, 2008 5:00 AM

Dec 2007
I am total sucker for such kind of slice of life shows so I gave it 9. Maybe it wasn't as good as some top shows in the genre but nevertheless it was highly enjoyable show for me, rural setting and stories revolving around Japanese folklore were really good to watch.
May 30, 2008 9:01 PM
Oct 2007
This show gets a solid 8 from me :-)

Jan 3, 2009 5:00 PM

Jun 2008
This was one of the first slice-of-life shows that I really liked. I just loved the feel to it and I loved Shizuru's voice. a very good anime :)
Oct 22, 2009 5:28 PM

Dec 2008
I felt all of the stories flowed nicely throughout the series. I rated it a 9 as well. The artwork, quality of writing, style, and Mizuki is why I rated it so high.

I prefer that it not end on a down note as they were always able to find a way out.
Feb 6, 2012 7:50 PM

Nov 2011
i have a feeling its gonna end like this after when grandma said "what if it some you know" T T
May 3, 2013 9:51 PM

Nov 2011
Wow sad episode. I almost shed a tear. Grandma ;.;

Guess life just isn't fair sometimes and death happens. It's natural I guess. I'm just glad they she was able to spent the wonderful time with her grandmother earlier on.

6/10 for this series. Wasn't very well in the story department but got me smiling most of the time as I've watched through this. Also, there's probably hidden symbolism in this series.
Mar 31, 2014 11:30 PM

May 2008
Boring last episode for me. I would of cared about the grandma dying if she didn't have such little screen time that I never had time to care about her. If the grandpa dying... that would be a different story, but I guess not even cigarettes can kill such awesome easily.

It was pretty obvious the granny was dead and she was a ghost just from Shizuru's expression. Plus, the scene where they're going through the field of flowers she's nowhere to be found then suddenly she was there with them by the statue. AND the beginning pretty much nudged what was going to happen.

5/10 overall. I was more interested in the grandpa and the supernatural than the two main girls and their friends. The show constantly teased these cool (looking) beings and barely did anything with them to the point it made me enjoy this show less. It's average.
Nov 1, 2014 6:06 AM

Oct 2013
T_T
nanofate fan
konata x kagami fan
Nov 1, 2014 8:20 AM

Aug 2013
What the f*ck kind of finale was that?!

T___________T
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Jul 24, 2016 9:04 PM

Dec 2012
Wow, what a brilliantly bittersweet way to wrap it up. A bit on the sadder side that it just ends on the funeral, but grandpa had a very insightful outlook on it. It gives at least some optimism towards facing the loss of a loved one. It ties in nicely with how Togo was searching for the riverside to see his father's ghost, how those vestiges and memories will call out to them throughout their lives.

Well it took me much longer to watch this than expected but I'm no worse for the wear in savoring it for the past 5 months. Mokke is reminiscent of Natsume Yuujinchou as it focuses on Japanese folklore and how the Hibara sisters coexist with the supernatural happenings that surround them. Mizuki and Hibara learn about how to live in harmony with both the good and bad of the spirit realm. Not only does it educate them, it also enriches their daily lives as they continue to look forward to their own futures.

Despite being a children's show, Mokke managed to treat its subject matter with a surprising amount of maturity and respect. The youkai never act exclusively out of good or evil. There are many instances that elude human understanding and demonstrate that not every problem can be solved with human hands. There are even some episodes where, despite grandpa's explanation, I still question the motives of these spirits. That helps to paint the picture of how ultimately this is about interactions between two completely separate worlds. It's very humbling to apply this way of thinking to our own world and realizing that it's important to keep an open mind when dealing with both people and nature.

8/10
ZekkenshinJul 24, 2016 11:46 PM
May 24, 2017 3:06 PM

May 2008
A very sad finale :( I liked this show a lot! 8/10
May 23, 2018 7:22 AM

Mar 2016
A wonderful experience, at times incredibly brilliant. The backgrounds were gorgeous and along with the music, brought to life the countryside. I think it's very fitting that the OP shows us almost nothing but scenic imagery. This last episode was very emotional. But fit strongly with the theme of the show of growing up and learning to stand on your own. The way this anime uses spirits and the supernatural to illustrate problems and personal growth was very refreshing, allowing for a ton of mystery to surround not only the supernatural but the lives and problems of the characters themselves. (as it should be, I loved that every little thing wasn't over explained, and even when their Grandfather did explain things it was usually brief and vague enough for us to understand the general idea, but not enough to squash the mystery).There is an aspect of human interaction and self-reflection that will always be unknowable or confusing, and like with the spirits, this show wants us to learn how to deal with these mysteries and try to find a place for ourselves in the world, with all of these complications and unknowns. If we see folklore as arising at the same time as human self-consciousness, then this show is closer to that idea than any anime I've ever seen.

I wish I could have seen a show like this as a kid, very powerful and moving.
syncrogazerOct 15, 2019 2:30 PM
Apr 16, 2020 12:52 PM

Aug 2013
Truly magical series. This atmosphere is exactly what I'm looking for in anime.
2007 was really amazing. So many fantastic series.
9/10
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Apr 30, 2020 6:23 PM

Apr 2009
rsc-pl said:
Truly magical series. This atmosphere is exactly what I'm looking for in anime.
2007 was really amazing. So many fantastic series.
9/10

Very true. SHow nowadays are just a bunch of Isekai and Ecchi shows.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 25, 2021 1:51 AM

Feb 2020
Poor Mizuki and Shizuru. :´( It was a very emotional finale.

Overall, I really liked this anime. This could have been even better, but some of the episodes and side characters were a little boring.

In my opinion, Mizuki's character development was the most interesting thing to follow.

Mizuki and Mike together were the most heartwarming moments. I always loved to see those two together. They remind me so much of myself and my cats.

I'm sure she is. <3

SerafosJan 10, 2:47 AM
Sep 28, 2023 1:49 AM

Jun 2019
My 241st completed series chronologically.

For the record, I extended it a 6/10 rating.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mokke Episode 1 Discussion

aisakku - Oct 3, 2007

30 by ProxyLain »»
Oct 5, 2023 4:36 PM

Poll: » Mokke Episode 2 Discussion

cyruz - Oct 20, 2007

14 by ANDy342 »»
Sep 24, 2023 6:09 AM

Poll: » Mokke Episode 16 Discussion

cyruz - Mar 2, 2008

11 by ryo-san »»
Sep 11, 2023 7:21 PM

Poll: » Mokke Episode 15 Discussion

cyruz - Feb 9, 2008

11 by ryo-san »»
Sep 11, 2023 7:14 PM

Poll: » Mokke Episode 19 Discussion

slayer25k - Mar 14, 2008

10 by mySaudate »»
Jul 28, 2023 4:37 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.