Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Mar 30, 2008 10:58 AM

Oct 2007
I'm a Horomi's fan since the beginning of the episode. And I still stuck to that until the last episode. This episode is great and I love it. In the beginning of the episode, I thought that Shin will definitely choose Noe. When Shin tells that he love Hiromi, I was really happy. In Kimikiss, my Mao-chan get the good ending. In True Tears, my Hiromi also get the good ending. In Ichigo 100%, my Tsukasa also get the good ending. Ha ha ha, guess I got some sort of super power inside me XD.

@Noe-fans: I respect you all for appreciate True Tears ending. Just dropping the rating of this series just because Noe can't get the good ending seems lame eh? For the one who keep flaming Hiromi and Shin because of this shows that you are still not quite mature lol. I mean, if Shin decided to choose Noe over Hiromi, I'll still glad to accept this ending. And the other thing is, will you satisfied if Shin choose Noe just because he pitied her? Ha ha ha, I guess not.

Hitomi ftw!... Don't glare at me...
Mar 30, 2008 11:13 AM
Lead Admin
Faerie Queen

Aug 2007
I enjoyed reading all the posts above me (61! - minus a few) almost as much as I enjoyed the series :) I don't know that I have anything to add to this final episode that hasn't already been said by the ones who have made this episode discussion interesting.

I have to thank them, and tell the rest to grow up ^^

The end was a little anti-climatic for me (as Deathfire and lilgumba said), and I agree that it seemed like the writers didn't know what to do for the end. But maybe they wanted to console Noe fans with lots of shots of her at the end? I dunno.

Shin crying was fantastic. "I'm in love with Hiromi, but whenever I see Noe, my heart waivers". I think this is some of the best stuff I've seen in a romance in a long time. Too often the main character is either all on or all off with the other characters.

It was nice to see a character who had feelings like real people. Love is not an easy, clear, or definable road. And there are many people who enter our lives who change or make us lose the shaky sight we have on that road.

As for me, I'm wavering between an 8 and a 9. We'll see how it goes ;)
Mar 30, 2008 11:31 AM

Oct 2007
After thinking about it, it's pretty obvious that he really loved Noe and just went with Hiromi because that was the expected choice and he is destined to be a boring japanese salary man who works 60 hours a week.

He never cried like that for Hiromi and the way he was saying it seemed to me as if he was just trying to make himself forget about the one he truly loved, and that would be Noe.

It's a shame that Shin was forced into a choice he didn't want to make by his parents.
Mar 30, 2008 12:10 PM

Oct 2007
No, he was crying because he was wavering. He was torn apart between Hiromi and Noe but he has always loved Hiromi. I will not deny that Noe was a special person to him. She got him motivated but he still loved Hiromi. He would always come back to Hiromi. He chased after her twice now. Yes he was going out with Noe but what was the real reason? It was likely because he couldn't go with Hiromi. It's almost like a rebound. You attach yourself to the person that is available to ease your pain. You think you like them, you convince yourself you like them...maybe. It wasn't love. That was more of a dependence. Those kinds of relationships are bad for both parties. Noe was Shin's crutch for the wounds he was feeling from Hiromi. Sometimes you just have to take the pain and move forward in order to heal yourself otherwise you won't make it. Shin had to lose his crutch in order to move on himself. It hurt him cause he liked that crutch but he had to face his situation with Hiromi and fix it.

This had nothing to do with his parents. Heck his mom hated Hiromi for the longest time. I think the only reason she is being nice now is because she knew she treated Hiromi so badly. I think the dad saw Hiromi as his child because he was good friends with her parents.

If we got 80% or higher let me know! :)
Mar 30, 2008 12:17 PM

Oct 2007
DigimonTamer said:
After thinking about it, it's pretty obvious that he really loved Noe and just went with Hiromi because that was the expected choice and he is destined to be a boring japanese salary man who works 60 hours a week.

He never cried like that for Hiromi and the way he was saying it seemed to me as if he was just trying to make himself forget about the one he truly loved, and that would be Noe.

It's a shame that Shin was forced into a choice he didn't want to make by his parents.
This is one sided... >.> You just blame Hiromi and Shin just because you didn't like the ending of the stories. Beside, this is an anime. Would it necessary to make out your own theory about their single thought? To make it simple. you don't satisfied just because Shin doesn't choose Noe. Am I right?
Mar 30, 2008 3:11 PM

Sep 2007
What's with the lukewarm reaction to this episode? It was well executed from beginning to end. I'm upgrading the series from 8/10 to 9/10 because it was pulled off so well... and I'm a Noe fan. ^^

Hiromi really pulled through with her "sportsman" attitude, I like how she was able to overcome her negative tendencies and become a better person in the end. Watching her change throughout the series has been one of the best parts.

Also, the Noe/Shin scene... wow, that was amazing. When Noe came to pick up the papers off of the beach, it reminded me of ef-a tale of memories. And then the song as Noe was walking away - "The one in Shin'ichiro's heart is Yuasa Hiromi... there's also one under Shin'ichiro's foot." It was heart-rending because Shin knew what he was doing to Noe. I'm glad that Noe acted the way she did and took it so well, she's really a noble character.

And then at the end, when we get the sparkles in the air, right after the credits role, subtly showing that Noe got her tears back. Just wow. Awesome conclusion to a great series.
Mar 30, 2008 4:10 PM

Jul 2007
DigimonTamer said:

lol that's bs, Shin is a retard so he felt sad about hurting Noe, that's all.

The only one doing things properly through the entire anime was Hiromi
Mar 30, 2008 4:17 PM

Apr 2007
It felt a bit lackluster this ending... There was nothing really dramatic or anything at all. Actually, its been like this since the ep before the bike crash. Meh... I would have really preffered more emotional drama but the ending was still alright.
Poor Noe... :<

Overall 9/10.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 30, 2008 4:35 PM

Jan 2008
I am satisfied with the ending and it went the way I thought it was going to. While I have mentioned on numerous occasions that I like Noe I think that the ending was apt. I have never hated Hiromi and she had been growing on me throughout the series. While I felt sad for Noe I did feel happy for Hiromi.

As much pain as Noe had to go through remember that Hiromi had to as well. She fell in love with Shin and was told that he was her brother, that was pure torture for her. She may have acted poorly to begin with but with that much emotional torment she was bound to make mistakes. After she found out that he wasn't her brother she was freed from that torment and she grew by leaps and bounds. So while I can understand other Noe fans not being happy about Shin choosing Hiromi, she doesn't deserve to be classified as a horrible person.

I also feel that Shin finally stepped up, it took him several episodes from when he made his declaration, but he did it. He admitted to himself, Noe and Hiromi what his feelings were which let everyone move forward. It was nice that they showed he had to work through some pain as well. If they had made it look like Noe hadn't meant much of anything to him I would have been upset.

I do wish they would have shown a little more Hiromi and Shin interaction at the end. Them leaving school together holding hands or him cheering her on at her game would have been enough. Obviously a kiss would have been nice as well.

The ending shot with Noe was nice as well, showing that she had made friends and was finally able to cry again.
Mar 30, 2008 5:16 PM

Nov 2007
Good ending.

#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net - the official IRC channel for Fate Testarossa.
Mar 30, 2008 5:48 PM

Oct 2007
kinda figured...Noe had no relation to anyone close to Shin...while Hiromi was starting to bond more and more with the mother.

really fun series and I liked how they made the notebook pages fly
Mar 30, 2008 5:55 PM
Mar 2008
After watching the sub instead of looking at the pictures from the raw, I felt better =D.
I was a Noe fan, and I totally don't sympathize with Hiromi, but I don't hate the ending.
It was done in such a way as I wasn't totally pissed, and the last few minutes helped o.o
What was with the kid in the back in the Jun close up...?
Mar 30, 2008 5:57 PM

Feb 2008
DeathfireD said:
Like I mentioned before, Noe's "true tears" part is misleading. At the very start of the series Shin is constantly thinking about, how deep down, Hiromi really wants to cry but holds it back. He's unsure why she does it but he wants to be there for her and let her cry "true tears" wile wiping them away (this is why he draws her crying so much). This is mainly what the series is supposed to be about. However, Noe was thrown in later with a similar issue of not being able to cry, to confuse us or just to make the story more interesting. The only difference between the two girls is Hiromi wants to cry but cant since she's unsure how it would effect her relationship with Shin. After all, at the time she thought they where related and she wasn't sure if he even liked her or not. Noe on the other hand simply keeps to her self to avoid anything that would cause her to cry or have an emotional brake down (which makes it seem like she cant cry when she really can). She does this unintentionally due to her close grandmother's death. As we see in the end, when shes walking with her new friends and smiling, Shin played a huge role in her life by opening her up and making her embrace her feelings in-staid of hiding from them in a chicken house. Her crying in the end symbolizes that.

So in retrospect, the story wasn't just about Noe's tears or Noe at all, even though she played a big roll in the story. It was more of a mixture between the two girls.

It sure does make the viewer feel like a fool for thinking that the story was supposed to be about Hiromi when they sure did focus on Noe a bit too much. I agree with what you say about him drawing Hiromi and her crying and all. I just didn't like how the ending was like, "surprise!, it's not about Noe, it's about Hiromi, you fools!"

So in a way, I felt kinda betrayed by the way this was presented.

Although, this was the first series where I was really torn between who I was cheering for (Hiromi or Noe).

All in all, I'll stick with my current rating, 8/10.
Mar 30, 2008 6:09 PM

Jan 2008
wow what a boring episode and ending! Did the producers lose their nerve at the last moment. We get a cliff hanger ...and then nothing.

Hiromi can do the splits ....she is such a ditzy house wife! How small is her brain!
Shinichiro is such a pussy whipped wimp.

No amount of desperate shouting of this love for Hiromi is going to hide the fact he loved Noe. He is clearly going to have regretes, like his dad, for a long while.
It seemed like Hiromi was rail roading him into a relationship which he did not seem very passionate about. However he is young and will hopefully find someone else he truly loves and walk out on Hiromi (they are only going out anyway) - it is what would happen in the west but do the Japanese do things like that.

The series had a good start and then just faded away at the end...
No need to buy this series on DVDs then!
Dan88Mar 30, 2008 6:35 PM
Mar 30, 2008 6:34 PM
Dec 2007
Truthfully, I thought it was a pretty boring ending too...

I was satisfied and happy that everything worked out, but I've seen many better endings
Mar 30, 2008 6:57 PM
Jan 2008
lilgumba said:
canis said:

I also wondered about that. Was that even fanservice? o_O Ok, I'm a girl and maybe fail to see the pleasure this scene gave to male viewers, but it really was just weird. XD Hiromi acts weird since she lives alone. XD

I am a girl too and I totally see that as some fanservice. Maybe I've been watching too many pervy anime but I bet that the guys weren't just happy to see her do the splits but had their little eyes averted elsewhere. Hiromi is a hottie and tight clothes instead of her usual frumpy lose stuff probably caught some attention.

I understand her joy because when I was a dancer I could never get down that last inch to do a full split. It's just that it is so out of place. However, she does do weird things when alone...like the foot bra thing from earlier. The girl's quirky and that's why I like her. ^_^

I'm a guy but i never thought that scene was a fanservice shot. And i was like wt.... on that scene because it was so random. lol
Stop flaming Noe fans lol. I'm a fan of Noe is because of her character traits not because i know she will end with shin.
Mar 30, 2008 7:15 PM

Oct 2007
DigimonTamer said:

Whatever helps you sleep at night dude.

Zamaan said:
It sure does make the viewer feel like a fool for thinking that the story was supposed to be about Hiromi when they sure did focus on Noe a bit too much. I agree with what you say about him drawing Hiromi and her crying and all. I just didn't like how the ending was like, "surprise!, it's not about Noe, it's about Hiromi, you fools!"

So in a way, I felt kinda betrayed by the way this was presented.

Although, this was the first series where I was really torn between who I was cheering for (Hiromi or Noe).

All in all, I'll stick with my current rating, 8/10.

It didn't really come as a surprise, heck in episode 10 they made Hiromi pick up the very first picture Shin drew of her crying...
Mar 30, 2008 7:56 PM

Jan 2008
yey!!!!
hiromi ftw!!!
i kinda wanted a kiss instead of a hug at the end though...

well i also thought that in order for Noe to cry was to lose lose something. i didnt think that she would have her tears back if she was going out with Shin and, therefore, be happy

lilgumba said:
No, he was crying because he was wavering. He was torn apart between Hiromi and Noe but he has always loved Hiromi. I will not deny that Noe was a special person to him. She got him motivated but he still loved Hiromi. He would always come back to Hiromi. He chased after her twice now. Yes he was going out with Noe but what was the real reason? It was likely because he couldn't go with Hiromi. It's almost like a rebound. You attach yourself to the person that is available to ease your pain. You think you like them, you convince yourself you like them...maybe. It wasn't love. That was more of a dependence. Those kinds of relationships are bad for both parties. Noe was Shin's crutch for the wounds he was feeling from Hiromi. Sometimes you just have to take the pain and move forward in order to heal yourself otherwise you won't make it. Shin had to lose his crutch in order to move on himself. It hurt him cause he liked that crutch but he had to face his situation with Hiromi and fix it.

This had nothing to do with his parents. Heck his mom hated Hiromi for the longest time. I think the only reason she is being nice now is because she knew she treated Hiromi so badly. I think the dad saw Hiromi as his child because he was good friends with her parents.

i mostly agree. when Jun asked Shin to ask Noe out, he hesitated even with permission because he loved Hiromi, but overheard her say that she likes Jun so he wants her to be happy and tries to hook them up, ignoring his own feelings so he only asked Noe out from the "agreement" he and Jun made.

Westlo, if you were wrong about the ending i would have dicided not to read ur comments in the future...haha
voidbringerMar 30, 2008 8:27 PM
Mar 30, 2008 8:01 PM

Dec 2007
I dunno how i feel about this show after it's done.
I think i'm gonna need a rewatch of the series to get a definitive review
Mar 30, 2008 8:07 PM

Apr 2007
Dan88 said:

Hiromi can do the splits ....she is such a ditzy house wife! How small is her brain!

No amount of desperate shouting of this love for Hiromi is going to hide the fact he loved Noe. He is clearly going to have regretes, like his dad, for a long while.
It seemed like Hiromi was rail roading him into a relationship which he did not seem very passionate about. However he is young and will hopefully find someone else he truly loves and walk out on Hiromi (they are only going out anyway) - it is what would happen in the west but do the Japanese do things like that.

Dude... wtf... srsly
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 30, 2008 8:12 PM

Oct 2007
Noe fans probably think Noe's hair is longer than Hiromi!
Mar 30, 2008 8:16 PM

Jan 2008
Tekky99 said:

wait, if you havent finished the series, why are you reading ep 13 discussions? isnt this like serious spoilers for you??

o.o
Mar 30, 2008 8:26 PM

Feb 2008
Yay Hiromi! Definitely one of my favorite series. I still wasn't sure of the ending up till the point when he said he was in love with Hiromi >>; I'm glad he wrapped things up with Noe as well. At least he was honest in saying his heart did waver.

Kinda weird that it took Noe an entire season change to finally cry.

So I guess we'll never know why Shin's mom hated Hiromi's mom D:
Mar 30, 2008 8:29 PM

Aug 2007
wow, man. The Noe fans on here are clawing at their necks in anger (a la Hinamizawa Syndrome)
Mar 30, 2008 8:41 PM

Sep 2007
voidbringer said:
Tekky99 said:

wait, if you havent finished the series, why are you reading ep 13 discussions? isnt this like serious spoilers for you??

o.o

Umm... I agree that the phrase "rewatch the series to get a definitive review" is pretty confusing, but he did say "rewatch" after all. Meaning, he wants to watch it again. Meaning, he has already seen it once. ^.^

Nino said:
So I guess we'll never know why Shin's mom hated Hiromi's mom D:

Forgive me if I'm forgetting something, but didn't she make a big deal out of thinking that her husband had cheated on her with Hiromi's mother? I don't think that was a lie she made up, I think she really believed that had happened.

MajorAddiction said:
wow, man. The Noe fans on here are clawing at their necks in anger (a la Hinamizawa Syndrome)

Seriously, it's kind of scary. And the Hiromi fans are gloating like Oyashiro-sama.
I think it'd be great if we could all be True Tears fans rather than only Hiromi or only Noe fans. Just saying...
naikouMar 30, 2008 8:45 PM
Mar 30, 2008 8:54 PM

Jan 2008
well he can say that he will have to rewatch it after he is done with the series...
w/e
Mar 30, 2008 9:08 PM

Apr 2007
voidbringer said:
well he can say that he will have to rewatch it after he is done with the series...
w/e

What the hell are you on about, he clearly says rewatch, plus if you actually checked his list it has true tears set as complete -_-...
Mar 30, 2008 9:11 PM
Dec 2007
I'm left with an inexplicable lack of feeling for that ending.
Mar 30, 2008 9:57 PM

Oct 2007
Dan88 said:
wow what a boring episode and ending! Did the producers lose their nerve at the last moment. We get a cliff hanger ...and then nothing.

Thank You!

I really did think it was kind of clear with how Shin acted these last 2 episodes that he really loved Noe but he was somehow pressured into a Hiromi relationship. You can't ignore how he totally blew off Hiromi at the end of episode 12 to go be with Noe and then you can't ignore how emotional he got when he had to break the news to Noe that he was a spineless wimp and he couldn't turn away from what he was pressured into.

He also really hesitated when he was saying to Noe that Hiromi was in his heart while crying. I really think it's rather obvious.
Mar 30, 2008 10:00 PM

Nov 2007
Couple questions.

1. What does Shinichiro's dad do?
2. Who is that kid that followed Noe's brother off the bus?
Mar 30, 2008 10:12 PM

Apr 2007
Westlo said:
DigimonTamer said:

Whatever helps you sleep at night dude.

Amen! XD

Mar 30, 2008 10:41 PM

Jan 2008
one of the best series this season, the ending was wonderfull but not powerfull enough, the part where shin cried was good, but i just felt something missing. I'll probably forget how it ended in a couple of months.

argh wth, seriously, this isn't h2o epi 8, what are the subbers thinking
Mar 30, 2008 10:42 PM

Mar 2008
I wonder what Hiromi's answer was to Shinichiro's question... I think its a "Yes" but at the same time, I think it was a "No"... -_-
Mar 30, 2008 11:06 PM

Oct 2007
DigimonTamer said:
Dan88 said:

Thank You!

I really did think it was kind of clear with how Shin acted these last 2 episodes that he really loved Noe but he was somehow pressured into a Hiromi relationship. You can't ignore how he totally blew off Hiromi at the end of episode 12 to go be with Noe and then you can't ignore how emotional he got when he had to break the news to Noe that he was a spineless wimp and he couldn't turn away from what he was pressured into.

He also really hesitated when he was saying to Noe that Hiromi was in his heart while crying. I really think it's rather obvious.
Ha ha ha no need to run away from reality dude... The reality is, Hiromi wins. ha ha ha.

"gg noefags, you lose"
-woof fansub group

XD
Mar 30, 2008 11:17 PM
Mar 2008
this is quite a long discussion with many people "debating" over something.. anyways.. it was an interesting anime that made me want to watch more.. ending.. could have been better.. but.. not one to complain bout stuff others made..
Mar 31, 2008 12:29 AM

Jul 2007
Average ending to an above average show. Overall 9/10.
All the mods fucking blow on this website except Kaiserpingvin, Cloudy-Sky, Baman and aero. PM me if you're actually good and I left you out.

Oh, rule 8...

( ̄ー ̄)
Mar 31, 2008 12:41 AM

Jul 2007
ynagato said:
Couple questions.

1. What does Shinichiro's dad do?
2. Who is that kid that followed Noe's brother off the bus?

1: He brews sake.
2: A simple bystander.
Mar 31, 2008 1:06 AM

Sep 2007
Ending = Bleh~

T///T

Mar 31, 2008 1:32 AM

Mar 2008
I love simply this series, which tunes action, the story am correct, the music am marvelous!!! Everything is super!!!
Mar 31, 2008 3:43 AM
Jun 2007
T_T this anime is one of the best dramas hope thay make a game with different endings T_T
Mar 31, 2008 3:54 AM

Mar 2008
dam good 5/5 episode.
HiromiXShin ending with that rly sweet bit at the bamboo grove
Noe made friends
Ai got back with Miyokichi (even though it happened already)
I reckon this was one of the best anime this summer season
Mar 31, 2008 8:15 AM

Jul 2007
LeTrueNoir said:
T_T this anime is one of the best dramas hope thay make a game with different endings T_T
Well there is a game already, though it has nothing to do with the anime in any way other than the name XD
Mar 31, 2008 10:48 AM

Sep 2007
Pretty boring end...it had much potential but simply missed the mark.

9/10

Mar 31, 2008 6:47 PM
Feb 2008
overall it was a very solid romance series and i like to rate things in thier genre more so than overall
Mar 31, 2008 9:50 PM
Mar 2008
lilgumba said:
canis said:

I also wondered about that. Was that even fanservice? o_O Ok, I'm a girl and maybe fail to see the pleasure this scene gave to male viewers, but it really was just weird. XD Hiromi acts weird since she lives alone. XD

However, she does do weird things when alone...like the foot bra thing from earlier.

LOL yeah that was WEIRD, I was like, wtf is that, that's some creepy fanservice right there.
Mar 31, 2008 10:54 PM

Jul 2007
h0riz0nLine said:
DigimonTamer said:
Dan88 said:

Thank You!

Ha ha ha no need to run away from reality dude... The reality is, Hiromi wins. ha ha ha.

"gg noefags, you lose"
-woof fansub group

XD

The reality is, this is an anime.

Btw, it was originally a game where you could choose who you wanted to end with, so there's no "real" ending.
Mar 31, 2008 11:17 PM

Sep 2007
Spy47 said:
The reality is, this is an anime.

Btw, it was originally a game where you could choose who you wanted to end with, so there's no "real" ending.

Not really, tho. The anime shares none of the original plot or characters from the game. Just about the only thing they have in common is the name.
Apr 1, 2008 9:44 AM

Nov 2007
Kotori said:
hah they made a 2:24 sub from the ending scene before the complete subs:

Oh, LOL! I'm dl that right away!

Yeah I thought the anime was great overall, but at the end, was it just me or did Jun have a son at the end? (Possibly with Noe?!)
Apr 1, 2008 10:21 AM

Oct 2007
It was just a random kid on the bus who happened to be in the middle of the picture.
Apr 1, 2008 2:00 PM

Oct 2007
Faust721 said:
It was a very nice end. But it was so sad for Noe. I at least still <3 you though. Overall this show gets a high 8 from me. Really enjoyed this series as a whole.

DigimonTamer said:

*sigh*

Hiromi really ruined this show.

EDIT- Just decided to look at something from this very website!!

Noe Member Favorites = 75
Hiromi Member Favorites = 22

The makers of this anime really messed up as it's clear who the fans preferred, and it wasn't Hiromi.

It was still am ok show, so 8/10 is what i give as well..
Pages (10) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » True Tears Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

gioss - Jan 26, 2008

103 by miruhii »»
Aug 10, 2023 7:50 PM

Poll: » True Tears Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

radiantfire - Jan 20, 2008

94 by miruhii »»
Aug 10, 2023 6:59 PM

Poll: » True Tears Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

radiantfire - Jan 12, 2008

83 by miruhii »»
Aug 10, 2023 5:50 PM

Poll: » True Tears Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

radiantfire - Jan 5, 2008

95 by miruhii »»
Aug 10, 2023 5:08 PM

» True Tears Quotes

ClannadForever - Jun 9, 2009

6 by Syureria »»
Dec 11, 2022 12:36 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.