Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jan 28, 2014 3:36 PM

Oct 2013
drnk misa is pretty funny. but is second second kira gonna get caught :0
"Urushibara Ruka. The mannerisms and voice of a woman... No... More feminine than any woman. But he's a guy. Taller than Mayuri, but so very thin... But he's a guy. Looks great in a miko outfit... But he's a guy. It's already twilight And yet, it's so hot. The cicadas are crying. But... He's a guy."
Jul 24, 2014 5:39 AM

Jul 2013
Drunk Misa is funny.
Sep 29, 2014 2:34 AM

Jan 2014
Misa was pretty annoying this time, but still a good episode :)
Oct 11, 2014 2:06 AM

Oct 2013
I'm growing to like Near a fair bit, though he's still just a poverty version of L.

The ending was just... wtf? It's almost like Light is purposely leading Teru to die.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Nov 7, 2014 1:46 PM

Mar 2014
Oh my god, Misa. She was so annoying -___-
Nov 21, 2014 11:53 PM

Sep 2014
ibrahim2712 said:
Such bullshit, Near just happens to figure it all out huh? How convinent that he just makes guesses and they're true.

Yeah, I'm not really getting how Near figured out who X-Kira is. Any Kira worshipper who interviewed with Takada could have been X Kira judging by the logic he used. Plot device lol

drunk Misa Misa :o

And Mikami's just dumb...I thought he was supposed to be using a fake notebook?
Mar 26, 2015 7:46 PM

Dec 2014
I also agree how it doesn't make too much sense Near happens to solve difficult riddles with little to none explainations, unlike we had with L. Maybe in next episodes we'll get know how he reached those conclusions in detail but I doubt it now that there aren't many episodes left. I like how he desires to be "L's true successor" by following his priciples, though. Eventhough I like Mello more.

BTW, I think it must be easy enough to figure the notebook Mikami had in train was fake as intended, and it was Takeda who carried the kill after he sent photo (and probably with the name) of the guy to her. But it seems Light gave up on Mikami and will replace him with Takeda, Mikami will just end up being a bait to lure Near out. And due to his blind devotion, Mikami won't question anything, sadly. I'm not sure what's too special about Takeda.

“There are two kinds of arrogance. One where you are unequal to the task and one where your dreams are too big. The former is commonplace stupidity... but the latter is a rare species that is difficult to find.”

Apr 27, 2015 10:11 AM
Nov 2014
Near and his asspulls, fantastic. Mikami is so fucked in the next episode though. ( liked that guy )

I feel like the show is finally getting some momentum back after a dip in quality.
May 28, 2015 8:08 AM
Dec 2011
everyone seems to forget that after L passed away he did deleted all the data to keep whammy's house and everything related to him safe meaning the people he knew kids he grew up with and children he cared for safe also whose ever knew him safe but even so we saw that L TRANSMITTED some data to the whammy's house because after the computer transmitting the data we see the whammy's house and the news getting to the whammy's house that L has passed away .

i am saying is L did send information about the case just the basics like the weapon use and whats inside the weapon L did this as responsible and caring human being because he knew after hearing his death their will be pissed off people coming after light and L didn't want them to be in danger and L didn't want the next of kin sacrificing their life searching for the murder weapon and the method its too risky getting too close means DEATH="the death note" so to clear this one big treat this danger for the next L the original L made sure he send information ( the last transmission) about the death note and details about it only that nothing else that means no extra info about the DEATH NOTE just the rules and nothing else that's why NEAR knew about it's rules!! also NEAR receive some info from L and the rest of the research was completely done by NEAR for more than 3 years so NEAR didn't "just" knew all . NEAR did a lot of info gathering for about 3- 5 years before he make his move :3

L just send the basic info to whammy's house because L don't want to spoil the case with his point of view L wanted some one who thinks different just like L and finish the case also L completely trust's and have faith and love for his next of kin and next generation that's living in whammy's house !

L is like a hawk once he sees his pray he never ever let it go light remember that !

i love you L :3
Jun 13, 2015 8:22 AM

Jul 2014
4/5
Jul 9, 2015 10:09 PM

Apr 2014
IMO Near's arrival at the conclusion that X-Kira is Mikami was bs. By now, there are so many Kira supporters who aren't afraid of voicing their opinion in the media, and for Near to pick up on one of them is bogus.
Aug 18, 2015 3:11 PM
Jan 2015
Mikami, you're not the smartest person on the world, are you?

Man, Near went all Jedi on Mikami.

Not interested on the catfight, but Near's probably have a plan about it too.
Oct 10, 2015 2:41 PM

Mar 2010
This is a dangerous game light has begun.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Nov 7, 2015 1:14 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Near, the guy that pulls out his assumptions out of his ass.

4/5
Nov 9, 2015 2:45 AM

Oct 2015
Haha how funny Misa is. But why did Misa told that she is 2 years elder than Kiomi.
Nov 13, 2015 1:06 PM

Nov 2014
Misa and Takada bitching was funny. Oh man, what is gonna happen to X-Kira, he's been reckless...
May 6, 2016 11:06 AM

Aug 2015
Wow! Near is good! He is a true successor (I don't know if it is a good world, but you know what I mean) of L.
Nah, so we've got a triangle! But I prefer paring Raito x Kiyomi. I don't like Misa. She is annoying!
What was that last murder? That was too easy! Something stinks here...

My sweet Near <3
Jul 29, 2016 3:13 PM

Jan 2016
Well this was a funny episode tbh xD idk why but i found this episode funny. think the sidekick exposed himself but who know.. What will happen now?! uhuhu know exciting! better be some more action? 4 more episodes
cause MAL is doing there job for once.
Aug 16, 2017 11:04 AM
Nekogirl~

Mar 2014
Hiei said:
Such bullshit, Near just happens to figure it all out huh? How convinent that he just makes guesses and they're true.

These episodes after L are full of bullshit, it's like the mangaka just wanted to end the series... Shame

Only good thing in this ep for me was drunk misa

Yep, its really BS

Sep 17, 2017 3:41 PM
Jun 2013
With every episode, the plot holes get bigger and bigger. The first 25 episodes began with such wit, intellect, and meticulous writing. But now, it's watered down and relatively lazy.

In the beginning of the episode, how does Near know about the Shinigami eyes? He has never been in the presence of a shinigami to learn that and Mello did not tell him...and even if mello told him off screen, mellow should not know of them either.

Instead of Near being an actual detective and using his intellect and deductive skills, he's just been conveniently given all the necessary information like he's a psychic. With L, you could see and follow his mind with logic and facts being the core of his deductions. But Near has just had everything fall in his lap. He realizes Mikami randomly! This is the writer running of steam because there is no explanation to this whatsoever he just picked the right person out of everyone on earth with nothing but listening to videos...There's no process, and the worst part is his sorry ass introspection.

Near is so poorly written.
Sep 24, 2017 3:34 PM

May 2014
God, I can't stand Takada -_-"
I'm in camp Misa for this one, there's something completely adorkable about her stupidity when she forfeits the notebook.

Hopefully Tadaka and Mikami die soon because they're beginning to annoy me.
Also, why would any girl with half a brain cell even want Light? I mean, he's cheating on his long-time girlfriend and is mass-murdering people. Girls and their obsession with the bad boy...*le sigh.*

Looks like Near is one step nearer closer to the truth.
Also hoping for more Mello soon??

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 6, 2018 4:16 PM

Aug 2007
I find Light to easily be the most interesting character in Death Note.
I feel like his absolute worst feature was how quickly he lost sight of true justice and did everything to protect himself and play a game for his own amusement. It's really repulsive that he can heartlessly use his family, Misa/Tadaka, and even L to reach his goals. Yet he's absolutely charming and knows he can get away with it.

As much as Misa is immature, she absolutely does not deserve to be used as a puppet. And on top of that, she blatantly realizes Light is messing around with Takada. I lose respect for Takada because she is aware Light never officially broke it off with Misa. (Especially since Light was a shitty bf that didn't give her the time of day before.) As much as she wants to be with Light, she should realize his unwillingness to be transparent (regardless of him being Kira) would be a huge red flag to even entertain the idea of having a real relationship with him.
LycanDec 6, 2018 4:24 PM

Feb 23, 2019 9:26 AM

Feb 2019
Hope Misa doesn't die... And how did the guy in the train die if X-Kira doesn't have a real notebook?
I am not a weeb, I simply enjoy 2D girls
Mar 4, 2019 12:46 PM

Dec 2007
this ep just proved my hate to near, so sure in his deductions and follow them like it's written in the map, and after i read some of the comments here i find that i'm not alone if that. the only thing i could say that light already five steps ahead before near.
and misa stressing takada out lol, for a minute i really thought takada who replaced mikami will really kill her but misa with her stupidness saved herself XD
but generally this episode is just a set up for the next movements of light's plan :P
Mar 16, 2019 6:28 AM

Dec 2018
So why did Takada fainted slightly when she saw "punish as Kira" ?

Takada seem shocked when asked if she want to kill Misa, that means she's really have an intention to kill her.

I know that Mikami have a purpose doing that in public. But if it was a fake DN then who killed the rapist? If it was Light or Takada they should have known the rapist name first.

There's too many plothole in this episode just like everyone said:

- Near figured that Light is not currently the one killing criminals.(1)
- Near figured that Mikami is the other Kira.(2)
- Near figured that Light and Mikami use Takada to communicate to each other.(3)
- Did Aizawa give info to Near often now? (4)
- Everyone didn't ask where Ryuk gone. (5) (This plot hole have appeared from the previous episode.)

tbh there's so many other plothole that I want to state but it's gonna be a drag to write it all.

Of course if Near get the info from Aizawa it would have make sense for some of the plot hole. But that only solved plot hole (1). And probably Aizawa told Near about Takada too but that doesn't make sense to assume that Kira is communicating through the other Kira through her.

It will be nice if it was explained in the next episode.
He who smiles in a crisis has found someone to blame.
Apr 27, 2019 8:43 AM
Apr 2018
I thnk it's the second episode I really dislike about Death Note. Of course, Near managed to logic her way through everything to discover that Mikami is the second Kira.. whatever. Oh, also, I feel dumb that I've discovered the N is a girl just now.

Misa is so hard to watch. I really can't stand her.
Oct 23, 2019 2:58 AM
Jul 2018
Near's character is just not convincing, and neither likable. The way he seems to put things together and make assumptions, deduce things is not believable. I wish his persona was different from L too. And the way so many people under him obey him, who looks very very young almost in his pre or early teens, while there's nothing wrong with child genius I wish there was more background to him and was closer to feeling like reality. Near could've well been someone in his 20s with his own peculiarities but different from L?
And, it felt like the writer wrote this part of the story in haste, not only in terms of charater-development but flow of plot. Sometimes I am sitting there wondering if it's the same writer/director I saw until few episodes ago?

After seeing Near, I realize how L and Light Yagami are such well-written characters

Misa and emcee's dinner spat felt unnecessary, or maybe if it was more mature, I'd have enjoyed it. It was too childish in such a good show.

Anyway, despite all these complaints, I still enjoy it :p
Jan 21, 2021 5:44 PM

Jan 2016
This episode caused me to lower from 9 to 8 rating. Such BS. There's probably a ton of Kira worshippers and Near somehow finds the correct person. I guess all realism went out the window. At least L was likeable.
Feb 2, 2021 4:48 AM

Jul 2017
Near keeps on pulling out deductions and educated guesses out of his ass that's really close to the actual situation of what's happening without enough explanations and substantial evidence to back his claims up. This is why the mind games in the second part of Death Note crumbles compared to the first part. I didn't care for the Misa stuff in this episode either, so overall, meh. This wasn't an episode I enjoyed whatsoever.
Feb 13, 2021 12:58 AM
Jul 2014
I just wanna say Giovani, Near’s lacky, is rlly hot. Forget Light. Forget Miami. Giovani is my man 😎
Dec 2, 2021 4:09 PM

May 2019
I don't know how Near is coming up with answers.

Also I have a feeling that Misa v. Takada will not end well.

Looks like Mikami messed up.
Feb 9, 2022 4:13 AM

Jan 2022
I honestly don't get how Near came to the conclusion that Mikami is X-Kira, like everyone else is saying he could've used the same logic to so many other Kira worshippers, and Near's really just pulling stuff out of his ass.

Also I didn't expect Mikami to just use the death note out in the open and so obviously too, I thought he was gonna atleast use it when he got off the train. I'm hoping that was part of some bigger plan though.
Dec 3, 2022 7:45 PM

Feb 2022
I love how Misa shows off Light before that girl

I wonder why Light needs those 5 sheets and why the second Kira killed that man in the middle of the road while they are watching him
 I'm not a critic or anything like that but I like to give my opinion

Jun 16, 2023 12:55 AM
Jun 2023
Very good episode really liked it
Aug 14, 2023 12:37 PM

Apr 2016
Misa-misa, you were ridiculous. Please get ahold of yourself.
Nov 15, 2023 2:12 PM
Oct 2023
mikami did a huge mistake, also the girls just fighting over light was pretty funny
Nov 30, 2023 8:25 PM

Nov 2023
Teru is actually really brave and courageous
Dec 15, 2023 2:40 PM

Mar 2018
The overreliance on the death note is crazyyy, he should've just got up and been like, "hey, don't do that chum"
hello hello
Mar 28, 6:18 PM
Mar 2023
Not much to say about this episode. Misa really went for the jugular with Kiyomi.

Wait, what the fuck? Did Mikami just kill someone right in front of Near's spy? Holy shit!
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» how many people have read or watch bl ( 1 2 )

meltrix2017 - Apr 21

68 by Absurdo_N »»
7 hours ago

Poll: » Death Note Episode 37 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Boursk - Jun 27, 2007

916 by SnipersKgrooWife »»
Apr 16, 12:52 PM

Poll: » Death Note Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

itainteazy - Apr 4, 2007

393 by decco6226 »»
Apr 13, 8:10 PM

» Psychoanalyzing Light Yagami but in gen z slangs

egosumjohn - Mar 31

27 by egosumjohn »»
Apr 10, 6:53 PM

Poll: » Death Note Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

xXDaijinkazeXx - Apr 15, 2009

127 by KingOfPneumos »»
Apr 8, 7:58 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.