Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Aug 10, 2017 5:10 PM
Jul 2017
That slap, brutal. Then he just stood there like his actions were an epic achievement. Anyone have an epic slap counter yet? :P

I love the continuity between this and

White Base and Gundam shredding Zeons was great. I can't wait until they dump all those damn civilians. Just push them out of an open hatch already.
Mar 14, 2018 12:30 PM

Nov 2016
I wonder what Garmas father did that Char is going to such lengths,even killing a friend without to bat an eye.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

May 24, 2018 8:32 PM

Jun 2014
It looks like Garma is gone. Char wasn't afraid of letting him get picked off.

That blonde woman is devastated. Will she seek revenge?

Mar 6, 2019 11:02 PM

Feb 2017
I'm glad Garma is gone. The hair twirl that he kept doing was dumb.
Dec 17, 2019 11:48 AM
May 2018
JizzyHitler said:
wow chars quite an asshole aint he

He's an asshole. Setting up his ally like that is messed up smh.
Jan 27, 2020 4:09 PM

Mar 2017
Felt bad for Garma, poor guy.

That bitch slap though.. lol
Aug 23, 2020 2:30 PM

Jul 2017
Kind of weird that they introduced Garma's lover right before he went down. Char's betrayal is a major glimpse into his intentions.
Sep 7, 2020 4:43 PM

Aug 2017
Good episode, knowing the reasons why Char let Garma die is more interesting and satisfying after watching The Origin although I also agree that it is coherent and a mystery for the moment to the people who never toched The Origin. Too bad the title of the episode is spoiler but hey, apparently Garma's girlfriend will try to get revenge on White Base in the next episode.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Oct 3, 2020 3:11 PM

Jun 2016
Char has almost turned from a respectable antagonist to a villain after he backstabbed Garma and laughed maniacally after doing so. This after establishing Garma as having a love interest and numerous familiar ties. The grief of Garma will be felt and was explicitly shown, which makes Char's evil laughter feel a little, well, evil, even if he ends up as an ally. People bring up the idea of revenge and the way he revelled in Garma's death definitely felt like that notion fits the bill.

It's easy to read Char as a double agent, with his lost sibling on the side of the Federation and lines such as: 'the misfortune of your birth / thank your father'. You know, on top of prioritizing his enemies safety over his allies. But I like that there's a strong sense of vendetta. He's not just a secret hero who was good all along, acting out of duty for the people.

I suppose that only changes Char's motivations though. His foundation still matches the prideful, excellent, and near fearless tactician willing to take any gamble that offers itself to get what he wants.
Jan 23, 2021 4:59 PM

May 2012
I'm surprised to see some people praising Char's strategy here. Perhaps if he had showed grief and remorse you could say he was just doing what he needed to do to further his goals, but he even contacted Garma and taunted him while Garma was in the middle of crashing and laughed about it. Garma treated him like a friend the whole time without purposefully flaunting his status or being an asshole. Hell, he complemented and praised Char on numerous occasions.

Imagine a friend you have in real life, and then imagine that you betray and get them killed and then revel in how smart you are. People like that aren't "likable" characters in my book.

Anyhow, I'll be interested to see what Icelina does in the next episode, since she was featured in the preview quite prominently and the episode is named after her and all!
Feb 2, 2021 2:01 PM

Aug 2015
Char getting Garma killed is one of the most ruthless things imaginable. I can't believe Char is just evil.
Jul 26, 2021 8:30 PM

Oct 2012
So, Char seems to have Revolver Ocelot thing going on? Seemed like a very double agent thing to do, lol. I like how he outsmarted everyone. Pretty huge dickmove too, he really had his first proper villain moment now.
Oct 3, 2022 4:28 AM
Oct 2016
Hmm so Char is backstabbing Zion?
Oct 28, 2022 1:12 AM

May 2019
Wow Char sure had it out for Garma. I want more backstory.
Nov 9, 2022 10:39 AM
Dec 2017
pretty wild. i wanna know more of wtf char is thinking
Dec 1, 2022 1:16 AM

Mar 2015
I'm slightly confused about why Char did that to Garma, though I think I get it I'm not sure. It still felt like an extremely significant moment because I thought they were closer than that.
Mar 16, 2023 12:47 AM

Jul 2016
screw you char. i didn't even like garma at all but to betray a good friend who only ever trusted you and treated you well is f*cked. even after he knew about icelina? and then laughs as garma is about to die... the fk...

but this only makes him a more interesting character. at the moment, he's second to amuro for me.
Mar 26, 2023 9:47 PM
Feb 2021
Garma was kinda a loser, but idk how i feel about Char being such a dick. I guess I'll have to see what his overall plan was to know if he had any real reason to do this aside from just being a fucked up person.
May 2, 2023 10:26 PM

Sep 2017
amazzing episode

lol garma fangirls

it felt somewhat satisfying to see that car get knocked off

char shows off why he is still not someone u can ignore. what a magnificent plan

garma was one of the purest guys on the show, and it is tragic to see his hope at life of love dead. Yet he died as a warrior bravely. Not a spoiled brat at all.

Without change,we end up becoming the very person we hate.

I was dead until the moment I met you. I was a powerless corpse pretending to be alive. Living without power, without the ability to change my course, was bound to lead me to a slow death.

Jul 27, 2023 7:04 AM

Jul 2017
poor garma,  I really can't stand char
''Touch the darkness inside me''
Oct 6, 2023 6:20 PM

Feb 2020
REST IN PEACE GARMA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oct 20, 2023 1:21 PM
Oct 2023
I usually write my comments before reading through the thread but let me guess: People are going to be creepily excited by the dude slapping his daughter.

So this is the end of Garma. Once again the viewing experience was enhanced by going through it chronologically. Without The Origin i probably wouldnt have cared about Garmas death at all, but because i watched the prequel beforehand its actually hitting me. Im not sad per se, Zeon is terrible after all, but it did feel heavy.

Chars main motivation is finally revealed: Revenge against the Zabis and we are introduced to Degwin, the Zabi patriarch. Hope we get to see the rest of the family soon too.

Edit: What do you know, some people were creepily excited about the dude slapping his daughter. I guess i shouldn't be surprised as two people literally called themselves sexist in an earlier thread, but still, its pretty weird, Mal. Pretty weird.
HadToDoItOct 20, 2023 1:35 PM
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Arcanus - Apr 30, 2009

65 by darthtruder »»
Apr 19, 4:54 PM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam Episode 36 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Beatnik - May 27, 2008

102 by ChiisuNoYo »»
Apr 15, 12:29 AM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam Episode 34 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Beatnik - May 26, 2008

79 by ChiisuNoYo »»
Apr 14, 8:36 PM

» Complete Watch order

Grontan - Jan 2

15 by JoniGamer1996 »»
Apr 1, 7:55 AM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 )

mell4444 - Mar 25, 2010

53 by T3RCK_Z »»
Mar 12, 6:18 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.