Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Apr 1, 2008 6:38 PM
Jan 2008
Astaroth said:
Alpha_522 said:
so this means that setsuna is officially dead? ARGH!

where does it say that Setsuna is officialy dead? I'm positive he's still alive. The only meister confirmed KIA to my knowledge is Lockon, with a decently high probability that Tieria might be dead too (if the talk about that person with Louise not being Tieria is correct).

Well, I assumed he was dead since he gave that letter to Masrina...but then again you can never trust those.

And Exia v2 is on its way yahoo!

Does Saji still have hatred towards Gundam/CB?
Apr 1, 2008 7:37 PM

Aug 2007
Oh man it looks like this episode of Gundam 00 incorporated pretty much most of the other Gundam Universes. I got massive Mobile Suit Gundam, Gundam Wing, G Gundam, and both Seed/Destiny from this episode alone! I already can't wait for Season Two...but I have Geass R2 so its all good xD

Haha it looks like the federation are still using the bootleg solar furnaces...Guess that's one way of separating the abilities of mobile suits with near equal power.
Apr 1, 2008 9:39 PM

Oct 2007
Was alright, I wonder how they can continue with everything all peaceful.

Apr 1, 2008 9:44 PM

Sep 2007
Alpha_522 said:
Astaroth said:
Alpha_522 said:
so this means that setsuna is officially dead? ARGH!

where does it say that Setsuna is officialy dead? I'm positive he's still alive. The only meister confirmed KIA to my knowledge is Lockon, with a decently high probability that Tieria might be dead too (if the talk about that person with Louise not being Tieria is correct).

Well, I assumed he was dead since he gave that letter to Masrina...but then again you can never trust those.

Well he wrote the letter before going to battle so I don't think it's a foolproof indication that he died - more like he wrote the letter and sent it because he thought he'd die. Still not sure whether he actually did or not, although I got the feeling he was only unconscious.
Apr 1, 2008 10:18 PM
Feb 2008
It's pretty damn obvious that he's alive and will pilot 00.

Name one Gundam series where the main character has died.
Apr 1, 2008 10:40 PM
Jan 2008
Requal said:

prolly not gundam but...yeah
Apr 1, 2008 10:56 PM

Jun 2007
Requal said:

Chars counter attack.
Apr 2, 2008 1:47 AM
Aug 2007
Exia was recovered/salvaged, but no Setsuna on the time jump. Well there were no Felt and Sumeragi too... So he's probably alive since Graham survived as well. >.<
Apr 2, 2008 2:01 AM
Feb 2008
-Ryuji- said:
Requal said:

Chars counter attack.

In that case, it's way too early.
Apr 2, 2008 3:47 AM

Oct 2007
Fai said:
Summary:

Season 2 STARTO!!!!
Apr 2, 2008 5:12 AM
Feb 2008
Since when was the golden shit a "GUNDAM!" ?
Apr 2, 2008 7:39 AM
Jan 2008
azure21 said:
Exia was recovered/salvaged, but no Setsuna on the time jump. Well there were no Felt and Sumeragi too... So he's probably alive since Graham survived as well. >.<

yup yup.
Apr 2, 2008 10:45 AM
Nov 2007
Wait, what was wrong with Nyoro-n besides for the few grammatical typos?
Apr 2, 2008 11:20 AM

Mar 2008
Good question. The translation was fine as far as my pathetic 5 years of anime and 2.5 years of formal Japanese can tell.
Apr 2, 2008 3:15 PM

May 2007
im no good with japanese so i wouldnt be able to tell if their subs suck or not but like i guess they already got a bad rep for their previous sub atrocities >.<

but anyways woah this ep left me on the edge but yea for sure setsuna wont die, i mean y would they kill off the main char so soon????but im really wondering wats going to happen in the second season >.>
Apr 2, 2008 3:29 PM
Jan 2008
Lelangir said:
Wait, what was wrong with Nyoro-n besides for the few grammatical typos?

Some of the translation are made up and not even close to what they were saying. They rush through it.
Apr 2, 2008 5:12 PM

Sep 2007
Agreed. A lot of times large blocks of text are circumstantially made up. I tried not to jump on the "hating Nyoro~n bandwagon after they got slammed in the blog for ep 3, but even as recent as episode 22, there were a number of mis-translated plot points (both minor and major) that changed my understanding of interactions and whatnot. The Shinsen and Conclave-Mendoi subs are in closer agreement, differing only in the diction, usually. So, basically, Nyoro~n lies to you about Gundam.
Apr 2, 2008 5:31 PM
Jan 2008
Yeah conclave mendoi is still taking their time to make everything clear.
Apr 2, 2008 7:31 PM

Jan 2008
I LOL'd at Graham's love confession.

Overall, this was a nice ending for the season. If they didn't leave holes then us fans wouldn't be so amped about watching it in October, nor would there be the masses of speculation that I'm sure the creators LOL at. XD
Apr 2, 2008 8:11 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
Alpha_522 said:

Not obvious to translate Japanese into English, even to a native speaker....Run on all kind of trouble such as lack of expression or words in English to correctly express the original Japanese script. Structural difference force cutting the sentences and changing the diction.... High quality translation requires time....
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Apr 2, 2008 8:30 PM
Jan 2008
wakka9ca said:
Alpha_522 said:

Not obvious to translate Japanese into English, even to a native speaker....Run on all kind of trouble such as lack of expression or words in English to correctly express the original Japanese script. Structural difference force cutting the sentences and changing the diction.... High quality translation requires time....

I'm not implying its a bad thing, I'm saying thats a good thing. I support menclave and shinsen. Shinsen for releasing it on a reasonable day with decent translation.

Menclave/Conclave mendoi take their time to make everything close to "perfect" Which is a good thing.
Apr 3, 2008 10:36 PM

Feb 2008
Fai said:
My main wtf was the name united world took up...Anyone who has seen original MGS series will know why it was wtf...

I had the EXACT same reaction. I nearly fell out of my chair. I wonder if it was intentional...
Apr 3, 2008 10:42 PM

Nov 2007
Nosferatu said:
Fai said:
My main wtf was the name united world took up...Anyone who has seen original MGS series will know why it was wtf...

I had the EXACT same reaction. I nearly fell out of my chair. I wonder if it was intentional...

I doubt they just accidently named it the same thing. I'm pretty sure there's an EF in Gundam X too, so it's not the first time the name was reused.
Apr 4, 2008 7:19 PM

Nov 2006
OH GOD REGENE IS HOT.

Lockon's and Tieria's lovechild!
Apr 4, 2008 8:02 PM

Jul 2007
Just ..Wow!, thats about all I have to say about the ending, need season 2!...october feels like forever D:
Apr 4, 2008 8:11 PM

Apr 2007
windy said:
OH GOD REGENE IS HOT.

Lockon's and Tieria's lovechild!

OMG I never looked at it like that, but now that I do it's weird. Lockon's hair style and Tieria's looks...wow.
Apr 4, 2008 8:27 PM

Dec 2006
Allelujah finally got rid of his emo look!

Didnt expect graham to become the masked pilot.
Sadly not many could make it to the 2nd season...
and i knew Libbons, the green haired freak to be the true mastermind!

I just wonder how it'll go from here after earth has attained "peace"
It's just an illusion of it bcoz now if Earth Federation falls, all of the world would too.

I__u_p_p_e_d__m_y__s_t_a_n_d_a_r_d_s_,__s_o__U_P__y_o_u_r_s!
Apr 6, 2008 12:48 AM

Jul 2007
Astaroth said:

I doubt they just accidently named it the same thing. I'm pretty sure there's an EF in Gundam X too, so it's not the first time the name was reused.

Mizushima originally wanted to do sequel for UC timeline :P

But it was impossible, so he went with A.D

thats mainly the main reason why we have all these homages - all gundam shows mizushima has ever watched were from UC timeline.

SO now e have EF and Shoot-Lances from crossbone :P
Apr 6, 2008 2:25 AM

Dec 2007
Fai said:
Astaroth said:

Mizushima originally wanted to do sequel for UC timeline :P

But it was impossible, so he went with A.D

thats mainly the main reason why we have all these homages - all gundam shows mizushima has ever watched were from UC timeline.

SO now e have EF and Shoot-Lances from crossbone :P

Hehe, I thought the Lances were copying Code Geass. :D But Crossbone's more likely. But wait...

....Are you serious about him not being able to do a UC sequel? 'Cause...you know...I'm not okay with that. What the hell, Bandai?! Unless you plan on making Gundam Unicorn into an anime, this is not cool!

I'm interested that they're salvaging solar furnaces from old models considering they should have at least three furnaces.

When you think about it, not just those three, but the GN Arms had solar furnaces too, I'm thinking.

Anyway....finally my reaction to this ending...HOLY SHIT!!!!!!

That fight between Setsuna and Graham was fucking AWESOME. (Even if Graham kinda ruined it by confessing his hard-on for Setsuna...) I really didn't care much for the fight against Corner (glad he's gone...saw this Libbons thing coming a mile off), but the fight between Exia and the GN Flag was just beautiful.

Also, merged Hallelujah/Alllelujah??? Sweet. I hope he's still alive, as I'd like to see him hope in an improved Wing Zer...I mean Kyrios...again. :D

All the homages to the UC timeline were just beautiful. Seriously I went into spasms when they showed the 0 Gundam and it was basically the RX-78. (I don't even like the RX-78, but that was cool as hell anyway.)

I'm curious to see where everyone stands four years into the future. Who are the Innovators and what do they want? Will the Earth Federation still be a problem (they have been both prior to becoming EF and in other series with an EF) or will they basically be clueless? Did Nena join up with Celestial Being proper?

And, what was the original plan of Aeolia Schenberg? Did the Trinities really factor into it or what?

I'm pretty sure that was Wang Liu Mei at the end...I'm not happy about that, as she seems kinda shady. They keep it up and basically S2 will end like S1, which is something I'm very much not okay with. Still....dammit! Can't wait for S2 to start!

Code Geass S2 better not suck since its taking Gundam's spot. :P
Jumping in Headfirst - I hear reading it causes immortality. Warning. Reading may not actually cause immortality.
Apr 6, 2008 11:26 AM
Lead Admin
Faerie Queen

Aug 2007
morbidly_sexy said:
I LOL'd at Graham's love confession.
Me as well, especially with Setsuna's shocked: "AI?!?!" haha.

I thought the letter at the end to Marina was a nice touch. I'm also glad we got the "future" shots - I was praying for that while I watched the entire episode.

I agree with Deathfire - Allelujah and Setsuna can't be dead as their stories have yet to be completed. I'm irritated at the mask (I loved Graham, don't make him a baddie :( ) and pleasantly surprised at Louise (yay, plot twist!). I know Libbons didn't give a shit about Alejandro - obviously - so that didn't surprised me.

I'm definitely looking forward to next season! The great thing is, Spring is so juicy that we probably won't even miss it ^^
Apr 6, 2008 10:27 PM

Sep 2007
Nosferatu said:
Fai said:

It is intentional . Look at the 0 Gundam , lol RX-78

What I want to say is that Mizushima rocks. He doesn't disappoint me even its his first Gundam show. The FMA touch is certainly there, but I also hate him for some reason. He tend to show no mercy against happy-going characters :(

And Cha- .. Graham confession, it make me Lol'd too hahaha. And anyone notice the "Just as planned" by Alejandro? Kinda funny since the one he is talking to WAS "Just as planned" guy (Hint : Setsuna's VA lol)
Apr 7, 2008 8:25 PM

Dec 2007

What I want to say is that Mizushima rocks. He doesn't disappoint me even its his first Gundam show. The FMA touch is certainly there, but I also hate him for some reason. He tend to show no mercy against happy-going characters :(

Sounds like he's doing pretty much just like Tomino then. :P
Jumping in Headfirst - I hear reading it causes immortality. Warning. Reading may not actually cause immortality.
Apr 13, 2008 2:13 PM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Very awesome final episode, I'm already excited for the second season. It was my first Gundam show and I enjoyed it a lot. The animation was great, the music was even better and the characters were really something. Loved it how they 'solved' the whole split personality thing with (H)Allelujah. 9/10

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Apr 13, 2008 3:42 PM

Sep 2007
Looks like "00 Gundam" will be the true mobile suit to change the world. But I wonder what Nena's role will be in the next season. Perhaps she'll be the main protagonist?
Apr 13, 2008 4:55 PM

Jan 2007
That was amazing. Loved how they ended it. First season gets a 9 from me.
Apr 13, 2008 7:46 PM
Oct 2007
one heck of an ending, but man, so many characters lost in the last few episodes alone. Can't wait for the enxt season.
Apr 13, 2008 10:34 PM

Aug 2007
Faust721 said:
That was amazing. Loved how they ended it. First season gets a 9 from me.

Yes, though I'm craving for the next season right now.

It's Code Geass all over again.
Apr 13, 2008 11:48 PM

Jun 2007
sHsIkuA said:
And anyone notice the "Just as planned" by Alejandro? Kinda funny since the one he is talking to WAS "Just as planned" guy (Hint : Setsuna's VA lol)

I did lol'd at Alejandro's "Just as planned," but a never thought of the other part. I love you for making me realize it. Thank you for making my day.
Apr 14, 2008 12:38 PM
Nov 2007
Awesome ending, giving us just the right amount of preview for the next season, without revealing too much. I do love the fact that Mizushima wasn't afraid to kill off main characters, but still didn't slaughter all of them. Anyway, hopefully Geass R2 and Macross F, among other things, can hold me over until October.
Apr 14, 2008 1:22 PM

Oct 2007
Omg that was epic. Now there's so many questions I want to be revealed in the second season that were previewed at this ending. Can't wait for season 2! ^_^

Apr 16, 2008 11:00 PM
Jan 2007
That person in the epilogue...wasn't Tieria right?
Apr 16, 2008 11:12 PM

Feb 2008
Asuka said:

The person with Louise in the epilogue was Tieria.
Apr 17, 2008 12:00 AM
Feb 2008
Lucy_sky said:
Asuka said:

The person with Louise in the epilogue was Tieria.

It wasn't. It was voiced by another person according to the credits.
RequalApr 17, 2008 12:03 AM
Apr 17, 2008 12:07 AM

Nov 2007
The person is named Regene, voiced by Romi Paku.
Apr 17, 2008 7:21 PM
Feb 2008
Awesome ending.

Apr 17, 2008 7:36 PM
Feb 2008
Astaroth said:
The person is named Regene, voiced by Romi Paku.

Yeah, that.
Apr 18, 2008 6:55 PM

Sep 2007
God, that was an epic way to finish up the first season. /r/ Gundam 00 Second Season now, but 6 months? D: That's some bit of a wait there.
Apr 18, 2008 7:47 PM
Feb 2008
Obviously CG>G00.
Apr 25, 2008 7:11 AM

Mar 2008
I finally watched the subbed version.

Well, when you think about it you have a lot of possible factions for the 2nd season:

The Earth Fed, Holy Being, Ali&Gray, Nena-Long-Mei, Libboy+.

I don't think Wang Liu Mei + tag-alongs are really a part of CB's armed forces.

Also it's pretty obvious that Ex/Kyrs' pilots are still alive.

I am really annoyed that all those annoying enemies are still alive. If he can kill CB staff he can also kill a few of the other side's characters. At least Patrick .... please xD
Apr 25, 2008 11:07 AM

Nov 2007
Obviously CG>G00.

And obviously Turn A > CG
wait, what was the point in stating our opinions?

Forever said:

I am really annoyed that all those annoying enemies are still alive. If he can kill CB staff he can also kill a few of the other side's characters. At least Patrick .... please xD

Oh hell no, Patrick is just waiting for his time to shine. He's going to surpass both Graham and Doublelujah in terms of skill (and awesomeness).
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam 00 Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KrylonBlue - Mar 7, 2008

108 by LotteGiants »»
Feb 27, 2:15 AM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam 00 Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KrylonBlue - Feb 23, 2008

73 by LotteGiants »»
Feb 26, 11:22 PM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam 00 Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 )

kurotsuki - Feb 16, 2008

82 by LotteGiants »»
Feb 26, 11:13 PM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam 00 Episode 9 Discussion

cyruz - Dec 2, 2007

44 by Neemesis_2 »»
Feb 25, 11:31 PM

» This has aged poorly or is it just me? New To G00 but not G series

BiobulletM - Jun 13, 2022

9 by LotteGiants »»
Feb 25, 7:28 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.