MyAnimeList.net

Anime Information
Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Shakugan no Shana II Episode 24 Discussion
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Anime Discussion »» Series Discussion »» Shakugan no Shana II »» Shakugan no Shana II Episode 24 Discussion

Pages (10) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
View Poll Results: What did you think?
5 out of 5: Loved it!

237 63.54%
4 out of 5: Liked it.

92 24.66%
3 out of 5: It was okay.

30 8.04%
2 out of 5: Disliked it.

11 2.95%
1 out of 5: Hated it.

3 0.80%
Voters: 373

03-27-08, 4:56 PM

Who else saw it? It's already out of Nico Video. XD They're fast.

Nice to see that the Konoe Fumina arc was good for something! Hecate shows emotion! Yay! Still thought it was awfully dragged out (I mean...come on....like, 13 or so episodes of Konoe Fumina harem love square? >>;; ) but at least it was useful for something. The whole Kazumi hougu thing wasn't used, so Kazumi didn't sacrifice herself...sheesh, unnecessary buildup.

Looks like the love triangle is over at the end, although if there is a third season, they'll probably handwave it all away with some lame excuse or something...like at the end of Shakugan no Shana I when Shana confessed to Yuji and then at the beginning of Season 2 Yuji said he didn't hear it. Meh.

Anyway, great alternate ED at the end. Want....

03-27-08, 5:55 PM

Meh, I wish i understood Japanese. Have to wait for the subs to come out.

03-27-08, 6:15 PM

it was a really good episode, the action was awesome, shana and yuji are great together, the ending could've been longer though....and least show shana telling yuji she loves him...oh well all good things come to an end, time to wait for season 3 where the best stuff should come
HEY GUYS BE NICE AND VISIT MY BLOG WILL YA? :D
Latest Update:
Spring 2011 Impressions (part1)
Spring 2011 Impressions (part2)

03-27-08, 7:19 PM

I thought it was a very exciting episode. I'm glad that its made quite obvious that Yuji chose Shana. Not that I'm surprised or anything. I admit the episode felt a rushed and it probably would of went better together if it was split up into 2 episodes. I can't wait for subs so I can understand it better.

03-27-08, 7:28 PM

Just watched in HD...

AWESOME episode. Action scenes were top notch.
though I would have liked some more Shana x Yuji scene.. :P

liked the alternative ending song... "sense" by Kawada Mami is it?
was a bit of a surprise :) lol it's not not even in japanese Wikipedia yet

Season 3 yess?
oh wait, I would like some updates on Zero no Tsukaima s3 first... heh

...lol they should set the MAL time zone to GMT+9 or something.
still can't set it to completed because it's still "airing" and it's Thursday in America... :P
Modified by zvuc, 10-16-09, 3:55 AM

kimatg on | blog | pixiv | deviantART

03-28-08, 12:53 AM

I'm amazed at how they managed to wrap it up so good in one episode. After how the previous episode ended, I felt that we might get a huge cliffhanger for a possible third season.

So Yuji managed to impress us as usual with his level of badass, and I was quite surprised that Hecate acted the way she did. I didn't expect the storyteller to use Konoe's "collected" memories as a way to turn the tide in favor of Shana and Yuji.

Also, great development in the ending credits. Yuji walking with two loveletters in his hand, Kazumi standing in tears at one place, and Shana suddenly turning towards the camera with a bright smile (as shown in kimatg's post). I live to see Shana become happy <3

/me goes and continues reading the second volume of the Shana novel o/

03-28-08, 1:06 AM

*just rewatched the ending*
Oh! I didn't notice Kazumi standing with tears... and then Shana's smile... which means...
>o< !!!!!! yess yess yess yess yess XD

though I feel kinda sad for Yoshida. :P

03-28-08, 2:29 AM

kimatg said:
*just rewatched the ending*
Oh! I didn't notice Kazumi standing with tears... and then Shana's smile... which means...
>o< !!!!!! yess yess yess yess yess XD

though I feel kinda sad for Yoshida. :P

Yeah, I feel a bit sad for her too. I can only guess how heartbreaking it is to wait for Yuji, but realise that he isn't coming. It became an inevitable fact from the time she slashed him almost in half ;)
But how could you have watched the ending only once? :o
Or perhaps it's just me that has a habit of repeating a scene such as that over and over again ^^

By the way, about the action scenes. Wasn't that awesome when we saw Shana falling to the ground only to spread her wings and make a low-sniff forwards at high speed? <3
Modified by flaskis, 03-28-08, 3:32 AM

03-28-08, 3:30 AM

flaskis said:
By the way, about the action scenes. Wasn't that awesome when we saw Shana falling to the ground only to spread her wings and make a low-sniff forwards at high speed? <3

lol yeah I remember that
it was pretty col <3
SnS is like one of the best anime where fast-paced action scenes are animated smooth as hell.
it's pure AWESOMENESS.

03-29-08, 4:02 PM

Just like everybody else here, I liked the ending.
And I liked the choice Yuji made.

Too bad you didn't get to see Shana confessing her love to Yuji.

And about a third season. Will there be one?
How many of the novels has been adapted to anime?
Is the novels still being produced/written?

03-30-08, 11:56 PM

Yokatta!!!

This is amazing, I can't believe they actually ended it so well! There's no doubt this time: he definitely chose Shana and not Yoshida, and the look on Shana's face - happiness instead of shyness - is enough to leave me convinced she would confess. After the first season's ending and the amount of drama they conjured to stop Shana from confessing at her award ceremony, I never thought they would allow her such a chance.

I'm looking forward to a third season for sure: I want to see Yuuji develop into an even better fighter, Shana & Yuuji as a couple, and Chigusa & Kantarou with Yuuji's new sibling. But like Haruhi, I guess we'll be waiting a while for a new season if there is one.

03-31-08, 6:09 AM

REALLY great episode.

Want a spoiler for next season?

03-31-08, 6:11 AM

lol seriously there is gonna be another shana-tan special in the SnSII DVDs am I right? :P

03-31-08, 9:53 AM

kimatg said:
lol seriously there is gonna be another shana-tan special in the SnSII DVDs am I right? :P

There is one already: "Shakugan no Shanatan Begins" xD

03-31-08, 4:23 PM
DB Administrator

Ah, I so wanted to hear the words. But Shana's happy face at the end was great too and they say that images say more than a thousands words do.

Great final episode, it was awesome to see that Bal Masqué were doomed from the moment on everyone in class tought Fumina emotions, very well written story.

The action was awesome in this episode again. I'm giving this second season a 10. It's the first sequel in a while that got the same score as the prequel from me. Very awesome animation, great music, outstanding voice actors and a hell of a lot character development. My score has to make up for all those who rate the anime lower because they think the first half was 'boring' lol.

Third season please, I will not be satisfied until I hear the words from Shana and Yuji that they love each other. That's the only thing I can complain about up to this point.

Shana ftw.

Guidelines and Frequently Asked Questions Report Abuse! Master of war with plasma swords.

03-31-08, 4:32 PM

Last episode was decent, but the season failed completely compared to the first. They opened it up for a third season, but I'm not longer expecting much of anything from the anime version.
世界は美しくなんかない。 そしてそれ故に、美しい

03-31-08, 5:21 PM

Need my season 3 now!

Really enjoyed this episode. Action was nice and blood on face was hot. Anyways, I gave this season an 8.

03-31-08, 5:26 PM

3rd season please :D

Especially since we basically knows what happens at the end with Shana's happy face :>

While the first half of this season really lacked any...watchable...content, I really feel that the second half of Shana II has completely exceeded season 1.

03-31-08, 5:37 PM

waiii.. when will be 3rd season~ >_>

Donate to my awesomeness! | "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." - Albert Einstein

03-31-08, 6:07 PM

Xjellocross said:

While the first half of this season really lacked any...watchable...content, I really feel that the second half of Shana II has completely exceeded season 1.

I concur mostly. The second half washed the bad taste of the first half away. Yah, I'll give that it was important in setting up the whole Shana-Kazume thing, and the Deus Ex Machina at the end, but it was a pain to drag through...

Anyhoo, 'twas a nice ending. And, yes, I am glad Yuuji finaly chose

Pages (10) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices