Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Mar 27, 2008 4:33 PM

Aug 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Can't believe there wasn't a thread for this episode; it's one of my favourites! Evangelion is good for all the depth and that intense stuff, but I think episodes like episode 11 really 'make' Eva for me! It's a genuinely funny and generally episode, and gives a good insight into the workings of the Asuka-Rei-Shinji relationship, don't you all agree? ;)
Apr 9, 2008 1:29 AM

Jul 2007
I'm never bored while watching NGE and this episode is an example why.
May 10, 2008 5:13 AM
Oct 2007
Yeah it's a good one :D
Jun 11, 2008 8:06 PM
Oct 2007
-- " But that's like the commander and the sub-commander, they aren't bothered by this much heat"

Sub commander -- "It's lukewarm"

Commander -- "Yeah"

OMFGROFLLMAO :D
Aug 5, 2008 9:20 PM

Jun 2007
Kiefferdenn said:
-- " But that's like the commander and the sub-commander, they aren't bothered by this much heat"

Commander -- "Yeah"

quoted for win
asuka making eye contact with the big eye was... funny.

card sweeping was... interesting xD
Sep 2, 2008 2:02 AM

May 2007
Hmm...relationship developements are interesting. The three "Children" are becoming more and more used to each other.
Oct 12, 2008 4:47 AM

Jan 2008
Kiefferdenn said:

Commander -- "Yeah"

Plus when the Evas launched, they crawled out XD
Jan 4, 2009 5:00 PM

Jul 2008
Good to see the three starting to work together, these Angel's are starting to become quite powerful.
Mar 20, 2009 2:24 AM
Mar 2009
It was quite a good episode. I wouldnt say it was the greatest, but it ended up good (as allways). But i still dont get, where did those Angels came from. I think i'll understand later. Oh, and there was a good phylosofical thought.
Jul 1, 2009 4:27 AM

Mar 2009
Shinji started to ask about the angels... expecting answer
Sorry for my English. ^^
Aug 23, 2009 10:36 PM

Jun 2009
This show kicks ass, seriously. I came into Eva prepared to be let down, but I haven't been in anyway at all. This episode was great, as usual Asuka was awesome. But, the thing that surprised me was that commander Ikari was actually surprisingly funny in this episode, and he also seems to have confidence in the "children". So, maybe he isn't as bad as I initially thought.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Oct 10, 2009 9:18 AM

Apr 2009
Kiefferdenn said:

Commander -- "Yeah"

YES. xD

My favourite episode of this series so far :) Their action was kickass.
- If you believe this place holds you, it is a prison.
If you do not wish to leave, it will become a fortress.

Current icon:
Kusuriuri from Mononoke
by pana (LJ username)
Oct 24, 2009 4:07 PM

Jun 2008
I liked the scene at the end when all the children are looking at the stars. ^^

Thought it was a good episode, good plot. They worked together well, too.
Nov 8, 2009 6:23 PM

Feb 2009
Good episode, although not the best , Asuka talks too much, I don't like her personality, just STFU already. I'm liking the interaction and relationship the 3 children are developing though. Also, questions started being raised, future answers shall be interesting.
Nov 29, 2009 9:42 AM

Oct 2009
Veethorn said:
Good episode, although not the best , Asuka talks too much, I don't like her personality, just STFU already. I'm liking the interaction and relationship the 3 children are developing though. Also, questions started being raised, future answers shall be interesting.

lol, I agree about Asuka. I've known too many girls like that irl. Definitely NOT an attractive personality. I liked the episode. :)
Dec 3, 2009 6:26 PM

Apr 2009
JuicyBuddha said:
Veethorn said:

lol, I agree about Asuka. I've known too many girls like that irl. Definitely NOT an attractive personality. I liked the episode. :)

I agree as well. Slap the bitch!

Shinji asked the same thing I want to know. What the hell are the angels? What is their purpose in this series.

Funniest moment in the series so far with both commanders in the hot room...
- "It's hot."
- "Yes"
Dec 29, 2009 6:11 AM
May 2008
Humor has definitely picked up in the last few episodes, and action has stayed consistent. Also, to top it all off the characters have become even more enjoyable.
Dead Account
Please Delete
Mar 28, 2010 2:52 PM

Aug 2009
Roflmao"Its lukewarm" "Yes"
Jun 7, 2010 2:04 PM

Feb 2008
LOL @ the commanders. That was awesome.

Love the fact we got to see all three children working together.

I love this show :3
Jun 18, 2010 3:12 PM

May 2008
Zepwich said:
Roflmao"Its lukewarm" "Yes"

HAHAH...oh...man...
XFD
Jul 24, 2010 2:11 PM

May 2008
I was waiting for that question from Shinji~
Anyway, decent episode, loved the commander's comment~
Aug 23, 2010 3:20 PM

Aug 2009
An all-out blackout huh? I knew it, everytime a blackout occurs interesting stuffs are bound to happen. Just like what happened in here. I can't really count how many good stuffs happened or can I?

The Good-Stuffs List:
1. Misato and Kanji were stucked inside the elevator. I guess your ex's is not the last person you would want to be when you're in that situation.
2. Commander Ikari and his Lukewarm water to feet scene. I guess he has the authority since he's the commander.
3. Asuka's leader attitude towards Shinji and Rei. I can't believe at this one time she was like "Hey I'm the leader so you need to consult me before doing it." and then she was like "So yea where's the nearest exit?" Lmfao man.
4. 3 Evangelions, each with different personalities, working together to defeat the Angel. Pretty awesome stuff.
5. The launching of Evangelions. They did it the caveman way so I gotta add this.

Why the Angels are attacking? Noone really knows for sure but I bet the government is involved in all of this. Something's fishy about the Second Impact and the Angels. Conspiracy is all I can think of.
Oct 8, 2010 8:07 AM
Jul 2010
Loved it.
Funny scenes and also good character development. I really like the way the "children"'s relationship is being portrayed.

And if the energy circuits' break down wasn't accidental, then who did it? Humm, as Moonfrost said, conspiracy...
Feb 11, 2011 8:44 PM

Aug 2010
Very good episode. They didn't explain how the blackout occurred though.
Feb 20, 2011 11:47 PM

Sep 2009
Lovely teamwork.

I think the true highlight of the episode was the very beginning.
All the minor background characters discussing minor things to fill in small plot gaps and questions.

EDIT:
Wasn't Unit Zero orange before.
O.o
SabinleroseFeb 21, 2011 5:26 PM
Apr 11, 2011 5:44 PM
Mar 2011
Asuka is so annoying, fml.

Glad to see that Shinji finally questioned the Angels intents.

Also, Asuka is annoying.
Apr 27, 2011 6:44 PM

Aug 2009
I don't know how I feel about Asuka.
One minute, she's funny and cute, the next, she's an annoying bitch. That "BAKA! BAKA!" bullshit makes me want to strangle her.
May 8, 2011 4:31 AM

Oct 2008
ZZZZZZZZZZZ. Why is Asuka so annoying.

Rei is becoming my favourite character.
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Jul 7, 2011 9:48 AM

Mar 2011
Teamwork boys and girls. Teamwork.
Aug 5, 2011 3:42 PM

Dec 2010
I love every part of this anime! I can't stop watching it with feeling I haven't got in a while. I Love it, love it, love it!
Don't get too mad at Asuka she's a must for the team, her character gives the only color that was missing until her appearance. She annoys me too, but in some moments I like her very much :)
Nov 12, 2011 12:46 PM

Jul 2009
It's... disturbing that people have multiple orgasms over something, that's mediocre at best (minimal character development for example).

WOW THE THREE EVA PILOTS WORKED TOGETHER OMG OMG EPIC!!!11...

Nope.

Srsly - what did you expect? That they'll start the Jedi Academy?

Shinji asks questions about angels....

THIS IS FUCKING 11TH EP, 8TH ANGEL ATTACK. HOW CAN HE PILOT EVA WITH REFLEXES LIKE THAT!? OR IS HE MENTALLY DISABLED!?

Argh.
Nov 12, 2011 6:44 PM

Dec 2010
A light episode, something NGE really didn't make use of enough throughout it's run. And yes, along with the "They match!" scene at the end of ep 8, the lukewarm feet gag is one of my favourites in the entire series :)

The first time all three pilots work together was always going to be awesome, although I kinda wish Rei got more screen time. She's been shoved to the side a lot since the smile.
"Ah yes, the demon drink...'Nature's Alzheimer's' they call it"
Nov 21, 2011 9:00 PM

Mar 2010
Now that was a great episode! All around just really intense! I couldn't believe how much teamwork played a big role in this episode! Without too much bitching, too! I hope to see more episodes like this hopefully! Looking forward to the next!
Feb 7, 2012 3:41 AM

Jun 2010
"It's hot."
"Yes."

Bahahaha!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 8, 2012 10:06 AM

Jan 2012
Sabinlerose said:

EDIT:
Wasn't Unit Zero orange before.
O.o

It was but after the reactivation and the fight against Ramiel, Unit 00 was repaired and upgraded to be on par with Units 01 and 02...thats why it's a new color and thats why it now has the EVA trademark shoulder blades...of course this is never explicitly said but I think thats the best explanation...
Nov 5, 2012 2:33 PM

Aug 2011
>Stop worrying about irrelevant details.
>I AM ZHE LEADEH

Whatever you say, Asuka.
Dec 9, 2012 12:26 PM

May 2012
Great episode, nice finishing move but what I still don't get is who and why the power was shutdown!
Jan 21, 2013 11:53 PM

Aug 2010
Shinji, ask your dad about the angels, not Asuka.

Thanks.
Feb 25, 2013 1:49 AM

Jan 2013
I went into this series expecting adults.
I got 8th/9th graders
Mar 14, 2013 7:21 PM
Apr 2012
WHY said:
I don't know how I feel about Asuka.
One minute, she's funny and cute, the next, she's an annoying bitch. That "BAKA! BAKA!" bullshit makes me want to strangle her.

Same here man! Well guess all i can say is that i can tolerate her :P
It also makes her look really stupid for not understanding Shinji's question and just calling him an idiot instead.
Mar 24, 2013 5:09 AM

Feb 2012
Wow really good episode.

Thoughts from Episode 11.

Haha Ritsuko doing laundry with others that was pretty funny. I wonder if we going to see more about that NERV's guy who bought that drink from the vending machine.

So thanks to NERV's captain and Ritsuko talking in the subway. We get to know very cool info considering this "Magi" which are 3 super computers run by Goverment. Hmm I am suprised that Unit 00 experiment didn't work out. I wonder who is looking information from NERV Headquaters. And that whole electricity is gone trick was clever who ever did that.

Lol Misato and Kaiji trapped in elevator. Just something Misato would never do with Kaiji :DD I was suprised that there is already "8th Angel" and looks like it seemed like spider with those eyes usually seen in ancient Eqypt writing. But that weapon liquid slime oil or something was pretty unique. How many angels there are really?

Never thought Asuka was also pretty clever planning plans. I guess she can be very useful sometimes but after Rei or Shinji says something she becomes annoying. I wonder did Gendo really care about Shinji when they were discussing that school career interview in the phone. But Gendo's plan was great while there is no electricity manually go to put EVA's ready for shinji and his gang. His character is pretty interesting.

So EVA's also uses rifles for their weapon I see now. And that plan worked. I guess that Angel wasn't so powerful either if it went down for rifle shot.

Best scenes: Misato and Kaji falling together and that glass guy driving throught fence. :DD And also Shinji firing with rifle.
Apr 6, 2013 11:32 AM

Jun 2009
RediceRyan said:
I went into this series expecting adults.
I got 8th/9th graders

I'm surprised that someone can know about this series and not expect the main characters to be predominately children. I mean, Asuka, Rei, and Shinji are kind of famous and all.

Good stuff, just a really entertaining episode. I always get a kick out of the "Lukewarm" scene and seeing the Children interact and work together is a real treat. Rei's "I'm not the favorite. I know that all too well" is particularly noteworthy. As is all the details about the Magi.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Apr 29, 2013 7:02 AM
Jul 2018

Asuka is so conceited of Rei.
LOL @ the commanders. XD
Jun 25, 2013 9:36 PM
Oct 2011
Two things in this episode I want to make note of.

First Asuka briefly puts her pride on the back seat to pay back the debt she owed Shinji..and

Two: Rei's Statement that she isn't treated better then anyone, and that she knows that better then anyone. Given what we have seen of her relationship with Gendo that does not makes sense. But, given her, for lack of a better term, personality, there is probably a great deal of truth behind those words. So you have to wonder what that statement means.
animaliaJun 25, 2013 9:46 PM
Jun 27, 2013 7:46 PM

Dec 2012
Looks like the three of them are starting to hang out with each other.
Jul 3, 2013 7:13 PM

Nov 2011
Mm. Asuka seems too trope-ish to me. She brings so much annoying immaturity to the show. I don't like whenever the show focuses on the pilots, and Kaji is just as irritating as the children. =_=

I'm still wondering what's going on with the angels.
Jul 29, 2013 1:05 PM

Jul 2013
Yeah, they could've explained the black out at least but it was pretty awesome.

The 3 evas working together was cool. Asuka is kinda cool but kinda annoying at the same time.
Jul 29, 2013 2:15 PM

Mar 2010
I find it interesting that Shinji chooses this episode to ask about the angels. Everything can be so fast and overwhelming when things are running normally that one takes for granted the questions of why?, but when everything is still and silent it's natural that Shinji would begin to really think about it in a more complete way.
Sep 8, 2013 8:50 PM

Sep 2011
It was nice to see all three of them work together. =p
Oct 8, 2013 9:08 PM
Jul 2018
Zerachroma said:

Commander -- "Yeah"

Best part of the whole episode, right there.

This series just keeps getting better and better. :D
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Neon Genesis Evangelion Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Voltlighter - Dec 9, 2007

173 by kermitpoke »»
2 hours ago

» Should i watch this ( 1 2 )

Lonely_kun - Apr 18

71 by SodaPopFrequency »»
12 hours ago

Poll: » Neon Genesis Evangelion Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Voltlighter - Dec 17, 2007

342 by ToTheGyz »»
Yesterday, 6:13 PM

Poll: » Neon Genesis Evangelion Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Voltlighter - Dec 17, 2007

197 by ToTheGyz »»
Apr 22, 4:28 PM

Poll: » Neon Genesis Evangelion Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Voltlighter - Dec 13, 2007

232 by ToTheGyz »»
Apr 21, 4:37 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.