Episode Information
Forums

Pages (2) 0.4 [1.4] »
Post New Reply
Poll: Neon Genesis Evangelion Episode 7 Discussion

Jul 29, 2010 2:35 AM

I'm in awe at how awesome Misato is.

Aug 22, 2010 8:57 PM

It was a good episode. I loved how they shoved me all these informations all at once. So basically NERV is being funded by the United Nations, the Antartica explosion is caused by the first Angel that appeared, the preparation of the next Evangelion is being processed, some organization was trying to copy NERV but failed to do so, and Misato is a one hot badass woman. Okay I think I'm still following the story.

I basically fell in love with Misato. Those two friends of Shinji were right. Misato is just showing the side she doesn't want others to see/true side to Shinji. I'm glad Misato treats Shinji as a family member.

Aug 31, 2010 9:35 AM

there was great character development of misato and shinji as well. I thought the whole episode was interesting, and it really ddmonstrated the type of relationship that misato and shinji share.

misato is one brave woman

Sep 11, 2010 1:27 AM

Misato finally got to some action.

Sep 26, 2010 11:43 AM

Claire's version of "Fly me to the Moon" is far better than the other one's I've heard so far...

I didn't like the version used in this episode.

Oct 6, 2010 1:05 PM

Moonfrost said:
It was a good episode. I loved how they shoved me all these informations all at once. So basically NERV is being funded by the United Nations, the Antartica explosion is caused by the first Angel that appeared, the preparation of the next Evangelion is being processed, some organization was trying to copy NERV but failed to do so, and Misato is a one hot badass woman. Okay I think I'm still following the story.

I basically fell in love with Misato. Those two friends of Shinji were right. Misato is just showing the side she doesn't want others to see/true side to Shinji. I'm glad Misato treats Shinji as a family member.

Yeah, you pretty much summed up the info revealed until now. However, I do have a question after this episode. The designation "Second Impact" implies that there was a first, right? But if the appearance of the first Angel originated the "Second Impact", what was the first one?

And also, I absolutely love the opening. (Why am I only saying this now?)
The ending however, is meh. Not this episode's version nor the other ones. (Are they different? Didn't quite realize that xD)

Nov 11, 2010 6:43 PM

The plot thickens with a hint of conspiracy, Misato show's she's an awesome badass character, and some great development between her and Shinji. They really are like a family now, huh? So overall, decent episode.

Nov 21, 2010 5:48 PM

What kills me about this series so far (despite my evident delay into watching it) is the "Oh dear God! We only have a 0.00002%!", "There can be only ONE WAY we can stop this!"

I obviously don't watch enough action.

Otherwise it was enjoyable. Too bad we don't all have Misatos in the morning to have a can of beer with.

Dec 25, 2010 12:27 PM

Dusk252 said:

Yeah, you pretty much summed up the info revealed until now. However, I do have a question after this episode. The designation "Second Impact" implies that there was a first, right? But if the appearance of the first Angel originated the "Second Impact", what was the first one?

The ending however, is meh. Not this episode's version nor the other ones. (Are they different? Didn't quite realize that xD)

I thought it was only called the Second Impact to cover it up (because the cover up was that it was a meteor strike, which would be the Earth's second).

I agree with you about the opening, it's fantastic.

Jan 25, 2011 4:17 AM

IMO gives some well-timed relief compared to the drama of the previous episodes, definitely, definitely not the weakest episode.

Feb 9, 2011 5:52 PM

2Deeh said:
I'm in awe at how awesome Misato is.

Feb 17, 2011 10:01 PM

Dusk252 said:
Moonfrost said:

First Impact is what killed the dinosaurs and caused the ice age.

blockhead said:
this episode had me confused. what was the point of gendo setting up that potential disaster with JA?

Blow the shit out of the potential competition.
Show the people giving money that the competition is useless.
Thus the money that would go to the competition all goes to NERV.

Probably one of the BEST episodes.
Shinji's growing, we see the human side of the world, second impact is explained.

And that damn Penguin was in it again.

Apr 6, 2011 1:29 AM

"One of the weaker episodes"?

Pfft!

May 8, 2011 4:18 AM

Good job Misato. :)
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~

Jul 1, 2011 10:41 PM

I want Misato to be my Guardian for life...
She is my favourite character till now,hope Asuka steals that place soon.

Is there any Anime that is as good as EVA with superb character development???
Signature removed. Please follow the site rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Aug 3, 2011 5:20 PM

Yeah, this episode was mostly about Misato's character development. Weaker than previous ones, but still watchable.

Nov 21, 2011 6:47 PM

I think they tried to add interest to something that most people watching aren't really looking at. Which is good in a sense, but it wasn't captivating. Most people (and most likely myself included) will dismiss this episode and forget about it very soon. The next episode has Asuka! Looking forward to the next!

Mar 7, 2012 1:07 PM

On first watch the episode seems pointless...but when now that I'm rewatching I can see that this episode brings up many things that come to a head later...

May 1, 2012 4:36 PM

What gets me is that it actually is a good idea to make the Evas nuclear powered. That five minute time limit is deadly and if an Eva is damaged to the point where the nuclear reactor gets hit then that unit is already down.

Jul 9, 2012 10:05 PM

If this was the weakest episode, then I'm glad to look forward to even better ones in the future. It wasn't that bad in my opinion.

Aug 1, 2012 7:05 AM

I loved it! 'Cause that big robot just walking stright forward really scared me :D Misaki is so brave.

Dec 9, 2012 10:49 AM

Quite nice episode with a good strong story in it, ending was nice also and it was just nice to see an episode concerning Misato!

Jan 6, 2013 8:46 PM

This just goes to show that if you build a giant nuclear powered robot and then act like a smug bastard, it will (almost) blow up in your face.

Feb 18, 2013 3:44 PM

Wow we got critical info in this episode :d

Thoughts from episode 07.

So Gendo is still planning his own project this "Human Project" and other half of the NERV seems to be in it too.

Breakfast scenes with Misato drinking bear and changing to her childish form was hilarious It really reminded me of Mouri Kogoro in DC drinking bear they have same emotions when drinking bear haha.

We also get a critical info considering event: "Second Impact" that it happened 15 years ago and meteor wasn't thing that caused it it was actually Angels and when one of them exploded Second Impact was result. And that's why NERV and EVA's were built to protect earth from "Third Impact" Main plot?

New pilot for EVA-Unit 02 is been going on and seems NERV really haven't located it yet. Also when there is New-Tokyo there is too Old Tokyo pretty interesting.

JA wasn't so good test experiment like some bad test results can happen if they cause errors or something like that. I wonder why didn't that password didn't not work until Misato pushed those pipes. But who was behind that miracle when she got it working quickly.

In some points Misato can be really childish and then serious like she was she is also very good leader and has always some kind of backup plan nice character development from her. Misato is also very strong. :d

Feb 24, 2013 10:26 PM

Great episode

Apr 5, 2013 9:39 AM

JohnGalt89 said:
This just goes to show that if you build a giant nuclear powered robot and then act like a smug bastard, it will (almost) blow up in your face.

Especially when the competition is Gendo Ikari and Nerv, who obviously have no problem at all with using underhanded tactics.

It really strikes me how different Misato is from everyone else, I love how she says that she would rather try to stop Jet Alone instead of regretting it later. Some words of wisdom Shinji would do well to listen to.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia

Apr 29, 2013 6:49 AM

Thumbs up for Captain Misato!
Gendo Ikari being the culprit of everything in this epsisode.

Say something.

Jun 15, 2013 6:52 PM

Mixxu said:
Wow we got critical info in this episode :d

Thoughts from episode 07.

So Gendo is still planning his own project this "Human Project" and other half of the NERV seems to be in it too.

Breakfast scenes with Misato drinking bear and changing to her childish form was hilarious It really reminded me of Mouri Kogoro in DC drinking bear they have same emotions when drinking bear haha.

We also get a critical info considering event: "Second Impact" that it happened 15 years ago and meteor wasn't thing that caused it it was actually Angels and when one of them exploded Second Impact was result. And that's why NERV and EVA's were built to protect earth from "Third Impact" Main plot?

New pilot for EVA-Unit 02 is been going on and seems NERV really haven't located it yet. Also when there is New-Tokyo there is too Old Tokyo pretty interesting.

JA wasn't so good test experiment like some bad test results can happen if they cause errors or something like that. I wonder why didn't that password didn't not work until Misato pushed those pipes. But who was behind that miracle when she got it working quickly.

In some points Misato can be really childish and then serious like she was she is also very good leader and has always some kind of backup plan nice character development from her. Misato is also very strong. :d
My guess is that NERV planned a near disaster instead of an actual disaster. An near disaster would still make the JA look bad, but should the conspiracy with it get discovered there would not be an outrage at NERV for causing thousands of civilian deaths just to get rid of the competition.

Jun 27, 2013 6:13 PM

Wow. I'm pretty sure there's some fucking huge foreshadowing in this episode since I remember someone said that NGE's plot is just like

I wonder if the other robot getting hacked was because of just financial reasons or because of some secrets from ^

Jul 21, 2013 3:30 AM

So if my understanding is correct, the JA actually is functional but the head of NERV messed with it to make it seem extremely unstable and dangerous up to the last second where it miraculously shut off thus ending further development with it (or at least causing a lot of controversy and major budget cuts) even though it is safer and doesn't put strain on children?

I don't know what to think of the NERV head really at this point, he seems to have many flaws but good points too. Hes human I guess but I cant tell if he is supposed to be almost villainous. The fact that Misato wasn't included in the plan is cause to think he is involved in some level of corruption.

Sep 6, 2013 6:18 AM

Holy shit I thought she was going to die and this was going to be the turning point of awesomeness! Though still a fairly good episode overall, I cant believe this was considered one of the "weakest" and "least important" episodes out of the whole series. The rest must be pretty damn good if that's the case.

Oct 2, 2013 4:08 PM

This was a great episode, Misato really shined in this one.
Also liked the end, it was sweet :D

Dec 16, 2013 2:02 PM

At least put some butter on your toast Shinji...

Dec 20, 2013 10:59 PM

insan3Spectre said:
JohnGalt89 said:

Especially when the competition is Gendo Ikari and Nerv, who obviously have no problem at all with using underhanded tactics.

It really strikes me how different Misato is from everyone else, I love how she says that she would rather try to stop Jet Alone instead of regretting it later. Some words of wisdom Shinji would do well to listen to.

I think how different Misato acts and feels is the reason she isn't in on the conspiracy theory.
I'm sure they realize she has a strong sense of doing her absolute best and is passionate to the bitter end; Besides that, she may be overbearing, but she always means well and if she knew what they were planning she'd most likely stop it.

Dec 28, 2013 7:39 AM

davidfresh said:

Exactly what I was thinking.

Feb 17, 2014 8:46 PM

skulls a beer before work everyday. da best
"Urushibara Ruka. The mannerisms and voice of a woman... No... More feminine than any woman. But he's a guy. Taller than Mayuri, but so very thin... But he's a guy. Looks great in a miko outfit... But he's a guy. It's already twilight And yet, it's so hot. The cicadas are crying. But... He's a guy."

Feb 18, 2014 4:23 AM

Begin and end the episode in an almost identical manner. I almost had deja vu lol.

Well if JA is operational and cheaper to construct, that means less funding for NERV.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."

Mar 11, 2014 3:19 PM

Sweet mother of all the "Deus ex Machina" moments...THAT WAS CLOSE!

I mean, that was so close I really thought they were going to kill Misato

May 3, 2014 11:09 AM

davidfresh said:
Or some Jelly, which is best IMO

Anyways, great episode! Looking forward to the next one!

May 8, 2014 5:01 PM

Is it just me, or did the ending song sound different in this episode?
::End of Transmission::

May 20, 2014 12:25 PM

Lol that new robot looks so lame. Misato was amazing, I didn't expect to see an episode focused on her. The last tidbit with the two students saying Misato lets Shinji see the sloppy side of her, because he is Misato's family, was very sweet.

So the reason for the new robot malfunctioning was because of NERV, uh?

Jun 1, 2014 9:26 AM

I was so scared that Misato was going to die :(

Jun 18, 2014 12:06 PM

vigorousjammer said:
Is it just me, or did the ending song sound different in this episode?

Yes, the ending theme wasn't sung by CLAIRE this time.

OOOooooOOOoooo we learned that NERV isn't as humanitarian and pure as they might like us to believe. Definitely some upper level plans that could be slightly nefarious.

It was nice to see Misato as the leading role in this episode. All the characters in this show seem to be fairly well developed even if they aren't "main characters". So far I really like NGE because its got the slice of life character development aspects as well as psychological action and mecha stylings.

Nov 28, 2014 3:10 AM

I Love Shinji and Misato~ They truly are family~ Touching Episode.

Dec 8, 2014 1:30 PM
Review Moderator
Nice little exchange at the end, Shinji smiling at the thought of being her family was heartwarming c:

Dec 26, 2014 8:49 AM

Misato is awesome

Jan 1, 2:24 PM

Great episode, I really enjoyed it. I wonder who changed the password...

Feb 16, 3:10 AM

Wait, hold up, Shinji's dad purposely sabotaged that new weapon thing so it'd malfunction? How in the world did he do that? And WHY? O_o

At any rate, yeah, this episode wasn't worst than most the last episodes IMO. There was a lot of tension in the scene with Misato trying to stop that thing in that I actually thought for a minute she was a goner.

Yesssss can't wait to see Asuka next ep!

Mar 1, 3:51 AM

Zadion said:
Wait, hold up, Shinji's dad purposely sabotaged that new weapon thing so it'd malfunction? How in the world did he do that? And WHY? O_o

At any rate, yeah, this episode wasn't worst than most the last episodes IMO. There was a lot of tension in the scene with Misato trying to stop that thing in that I actually thought for a minute she was a goner.

Yesssss can't wait to see Asuka next ep!

isnt it obvious as to why, the JA was appearing as a competitor to the EVA, if they still want the support and money of the UN, what do they do? kill off every competitor and leave themselves as the only option to save humanity of course. Dirty trick
How do I signature?

Mar 23, 1:07 PM

It was a good episode. We learnt of NERV's conspiracy side and Ritsuko knows more than we think she does.

Pages (2) 0.4 [1.4] »