MyAnimeList.net

Anime Information
Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Neon Genesis Evangelion Episode 7 Discussion
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Anime Discussion »» Series Discussion »» Neon Genesis Evangelion »» Neon Genesis Evangelion Episode 7 Discussion

Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
View Poll Results: Neon Genesis Evangelion Episode 7 Discussion
5 out of 5: Loved it!

53 43.80%
4 out of 5: Liked it

42 34.71%
3 out of 5: It was OK

24 19.83%
2 out of 5: Disliked it

2 1.65%
1 out of 5: Hated it

0.00%
Voters: 121

07-29-10, 2:35 AM

I'm in awe at how awesome Misato is.

08-22-10, 8:57 PM

It was a good episode. I loved how they shoved me all these informations all at once. So basically NERV is being funded by the United Nations, the Antartica explosion is caused by the first Angel that appeared, the preparation of the next Evangelion is being processed, some organization was trying to copy NERV but failed to do so, and Misato is a one hot badass woman. Okay I think I'm still following the story.

I basically fell in love with Misato. Those two friends of Shinji were right. Misato is just showing the side she doesn't want others to see/true side to Shinji. I'm glad Misato treats Shinji as a family member.

08-31-10, 9:35 AM

there was great character development of misato and shinji as well. I thought the whole episode was interesting, and it really ddmonstrated the type of relationship that misato and shinji share.

misato is one brave woman

09-11-10, 1:27 AM

Misato finally got to some action.

09-26-10, 11:43 AM

Claire's version of "Fly me to the Moon" is far better than the other one's I've heard so far...

I didn't like the version used in this episode.

10-06-10, 1:05 PM

Moonfrost said:
It was a good episode. I loved how they shoved me all these informations all at once. So basically NERV is being funded by the United Nations, the Antartica explosion is caused by the first Angel that appeared, the preparation of the next Evangelion is being processed, some organization was trying to copy NERV but failed to do so, and Misato is a one hot badass woman. Okay I think I'm still following the story.

I basically fell in love with Misato. Those two friends of Shinji were right. Misato is just showing the side she doesn't want others to see/true side to Shinji. I'm glad Misato treats Shinji as a family member.

Yeah, you pretty much summed up the info revealed until now. However, I do have a question after this episode. The designation "Second Impact" implies that there was a first, right? But if the appearance of the first Angel originated the "Second Impact", what was the first one?

And also, I absolutely love the opening. (Why am I only saying this now?)
The ending however, is meh. Not this episode's version nor the other ones. (Are they different? Didn't quite realize that xD)

11-11-10, 6:43 PM

The plot thickens with a hint of conspiracy, Misato show's she's an awesome badass character, and some great development between her and Shinji. They really are like a family now, huh? So overall, decent episode.

11-21-10, 5:48 PM

What kills me about this series so far (despite my evident delay into watching it) is the "Oh dear God! We only have a 0.00002%!", "There can be only ONE WAY we can stop this!"

I obviously don't watch enough action.

Otherwise it was enjoyable. Too bad we don't all have Misatos in the morning to have a can of beer with.

12-25-10, 12:27 PM

Dusk252 said:

Yeah, you pretty much summed up the info revealed until now. However, I do have a question after this episode. The designation "Second Impact" implies that there was a first, right? But if the appearance of the first Angel originated the "Second Impact", what was the first one?

The ending however, is meh. Not this episode's version nor the other ones. (Are they different? Didn't quite realize that xD)

I thought it was only called the Second Impact to cover it up (because the cover up was that it was a meteor strike, which would be the Earth's second).

I agree with you about the opening, it's fantastic.

01-25-11, 4:17 AM

IMO gives some well-timed relief compared to the drama of the previous episodes, definitely, definitely not the weakest episode.

02-09-11, 5:52 PM

2Deeh said:
I'm in awe at how awesome Misato is.

02-17-11, 10:01 PM

Dusk252 said:
Moonfrost said:

First Impact is what killed the dinosaurs and caused the ice age.

blockhead said:
this episode had me confused. what was the point of gendo setting up that potential disaster with JA?

Blow the shit out of the potential competition.
Show the people giving money that the competition is useless.
Thus the money that would go to the competition all goes to NERV.

Probably one of the BEST episodes.
Shinji's growing, we see the human side of the world, second impact is explained.

And that damn Penguin was in it again.

04-06-11, 1:29 AM

"One of the weaker episodes"?

Pfft!

05-08-11, 4:18 AM

Good job Misato. :)
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~

07-01-11, 10:41 PM

I want Misato to be my Guardian for life...
She is my favourite character till now,hope Asuka steals that place soon.

Is there any Anime that is as good as EVA with superb character development???
Signature removed. Please follow the site rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

08-03-11, 5:20 PM

Yeah, this episode was mostly about Misato's character development. Weaker than previous ones, but still watchable.

11-21-11, 6:47 PM

I think they tried to add interest to something that most people watching aren't really looking at. Which is good in a sense, but it wasn't captivating. Most people (and most likely myself included) will dismiss this episode and forget about it very soon. The next episode has Asuka! Looking forward to the next!

03-07-12, 1:07 PM

On first watch the episode seems pointless...but when now that I'm rewatching I can see that this episode brings up many things that come to a head later...

05-01-12, 4:36 PM

What gets me is that it actually is a good idea to make the Evas nuclear powered. That five minute time limit is deadly and if an Eva is damaged to the point where the nuclear reactor gets hit then that unit is already down.

07-09-12, 10:05 PM

If this was the weakest episode, then I'm glad to look forward to even better ones in the future. It wasn't that bad in my opinion.

Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices