Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 27, 2008 3:28 PM
Jul 2018
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Everything Keith says while chasing Shiroe in the spaceshuttle sounds like a confession.
...Lol.
May 22, 2008 8:21 PM

Aug 2007
sad episode. super intense.
Jun 22, 2008 1:09 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
I can't believe Shiroe died...this is surely among the most tragic deaths of characters in anime....

I hope Shiroe's death will eventually change Keith to defy the system at the end...
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Sep 21, 2008 11:01 PM

Nov 2007
I havent been that bothered by anything in an anime in a long while. The last two episodes alone were an incredible story unfolding that you rarely see in an anime nowadays
Nov 21, 2008 1:23 PM

Mar 2008
Wow! I totally did not see that coming. Kept waiting for Jomi to show up...

"There is no such thing as God in this world." -Setsuna F. Seiei
Dec 7, 2008 2:24 AM

Jan 2008
OmegaRed said:
Wow! I totally did not see that coming. Kept waiting for Jomi to show up...

Yea, I thought that too. But epic anime needs epic death. Dying while quoting Peter Pan was beautiful. (I feel a sudden urge to read that book)
Jan 16, 2009 6:23 AM

Aug 2007
Oh nooooo Shiroe! I also thought Jomy would come to save him
Jan 16, 2009 6:54 AM

Jun 2008
puedjies said:
Oh nooooo Shiroe! I also thought Jomy would come to save him

Hot damn, I was hoping for that not to happen.

Wonderfully uplifting death was uplifting. Only downside was Keith's spontaneous out-of-character monologue, but I was too busy rejoicing to take proper notice of what he was saying, and get annoyed.

This episode made me so damn happy.
Peace through Superior Firepower!

formosan said:
Are you using some kind of advanced logic I don't know about? Have you decided to assign new meanings to English words? Are you just intentionally burning a straw man and knowing full well that you're changing the subject and misrepresenting a claim?
Feb 15, 2009 6:40 AM

May 2008
Shit Keith... be proud, you just killed a 14 year old for some software called mother Eliza D:...
Damnit Keith, you suck... ;___;
Feb 15, 2009 7:02 AM

Jun 2008
Wistaire said:
Shit Keith... be proud, you just killed a 14 year old for some software called mother Eliza D:...
Damnit Keith, you suck... ;___;

Whut.
Peace through Superior Firepower!

formosan said:
Are you using some kind of advanced logic I don't know about? Have you decided to assign new meanings to English words? Are you just intentionally burning a straw man and knowing full well that you're changing the subject and misrepresenting a claim?
Jun 5, 2009 5:33 PM

Apr 2009
Wow, very poignant death. Rest in peace, Shiroe. Hope you found your Neverland at last. ;__;
Jul 22, 2009 9:43 AM

Aug 2008
omg, so sad T_____T i cried.
why Keith, stupid Keith listened to Mother Eliza, why he didn't go on 001 floor to know the truth :<<<<<<<<

i hope that Jomy aka. Peter Pan saved Shiroe
Aug 14, 2009 3:42 PM

Jul 2009
Well that was tragic. I don't know how much stronger Jomy was than Shiroe, but I'm thinking they were similar. Shiroe put up some decent resistance to him when they met earlier. If Blue had chosen Shiroe instead of Jomy, their fates could have easily been reversed.

I was hoping Jomy would save him, but it was not to be. It will be interesting to see how Keith handles this. Will this fuel the seed of humanity with him? If he fully contemplates the truth of his existence, will he resist? Considering Mother is allowing Keith to go through this, or even worse possibly setting this all up for him, I have my doubts.
Oct 29, 2009 5:23 PM

May 2009
What the hell Keith!?
Mar 10, 2010 1:29 PM

Jul 2008
wakka9ca said:
I can't believe Shiroe died...this is surely among the most tragic deaths of characters in anime....

Indeed. ;___________;

Somehow when I read Peter Pan for the first time as a requirement for my Children's lit class last year, I couldn't help but cry after finishing the novel. My thoughts of "Peter Pan is so cool and lucky" turned to "Poor, Peter Pan". So, when Shiroe was quoting the lines from there my heart broke into pieces.

I, too, hope he found his Wonderland. *continues bawling*
Sep 13, 2010 10:52 AM

Jul 2009
Flipping heck! Of all the things I was expecting, Keith shooting Shiroe was not one of them...Damn, the entire scene really hit me hard ;__;

One of the most emotional anime deaths ever.

Shit, I'm still really upset. But like the others have said, I do hope he found wonderland.
Feb 28, 2011 12:15 AM

Nov 2009
It can not be... It simply can not be...
As someone said before me, this death surely is amongst most tragic ones in anime ever...
Jun 11, 2011 5:24 PM

May 2009
Noo, Shiroe. :( I was hoping for Jomy to save him too, but I knew that wouldn't happen. The whole dialogue and music set up his death, so it would have kinda ruined the mood if Jomy saved him. This series is really good. The first 3-4 episodes were really boring imho, but now I can't stop watching it.
Jul 6, 2011 8:40 PM

Nov 2009
wow. i was definitely not expecting that. i teared up. his death was just so tragic and he really didnt deserve that. i was totally expecting jomy to come :( whyyyyy keith!!!??? i was just starting to really like your character but you are a spineless douche afterall.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 21, 2011 6:21 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
I didn't like Shiroe at all, but I never thought he'd be killed like that so soon.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Sep 21, 2011 9:17 AM

Oct 2010
This... this broke my heart.
Oh Shiroe... ;_; How could you, Keith, how could you. I wanted him to survive until the end, until happiness, but he's taken away. Dammit. Dammit my heart hurts like hell.

Dying like that while quoting a book that still affect me in an inexplicably sad way, what a dose of tragedy. I was so sure Jomy would come and safe him. I was so sure.

If only he was taken to Mu's ship... but he wasn't. Dang I've grown so soft.
Sep 27, 2011 9:05 AM

Feb 2009
Well atleast he died quiekly. Rest i peace shiroe.
Oh, how much I hate Keith!!

Winners and Victims stand alone!!
Mar 5, 2012 6:11 PM

Aug 2008
I liked Shiroe! He was my only hope to wake up the fucking robotic Keith! Up to now, he's the one who got the best character dev... :(
May 30, 2012 2:32 AM
Apr 2011
Although I didn't really like Shireo's arrogance, his death was really intense and emotional :( I teared :( At least he (sort of) died happy cause he finally found Peter pan and Neverland (Mu's ship). I'm wondering how Keith will react to this, will he become more inhumane or will that seed of humanity grow because of this c:

DAMN YOU MOTHER ELIZA!!
Jun 3, 2012 6:01 AM

May 2011
This entire death scene was beautifully tragic. The way Shiroe was in his own world, completely engrossed in the book and in his childhood dream, to be followed by his death was gorgeous.

The way he quoted Peter Pan struck a chord within me, and it shows that Keith is finding his humanity because he did indeed cry.
Know an AMAZINGGG anime with a strong male lead?!?!11one//?!

TELLMEEEE.
NoSrsly, bby. I'll love you forever. But no romance. I mean, romance is fine between you and I, but I don't want to watch that crap, okay? Okay.
Oct 29, 2012 8:22 PM

Jan 2008
MelloRed said:
Well that was tragic. I don't know how much stronger Jomy was than Shiroe, but I'm thinking they were similar. Shiroe put up some decent resistance to him when they met earlier. If Blue had chosen Shiroe instead of Jomy, their fates could have easily been reversed.

I was kind of thinking the same thing. How this could've easily been Jomy instead. Especially since Sam liked to compare the two. I guess we got to see a bit of what happens when a Mu actually stays hidden for so long there.

MelloRed said:
I was hoping Jomy would save him, but it was not to be. It will be interesting to see how Keith handles this. Will this fuel the seed of humanity with him? If he fully contemplates the truth of his existence, will he resist? Considering Mother is allowing Keith to go through this, or even worse possibly setting this all up for him, I have my doubts.

Again. Agreed. I was hoping Shiroe would be saved but it was seeming increasingly unlikely with that mood. It was sad to see how he kind of broke mentally.
I'm wondering if Keith will retreat back into his emotionless self now that Shiroe's gone. Like in a way he just destroyed the emotions inside himself by killing Shiroe? I hope not.
Oct 29, 2012 9:36 PM

Apr 2010
I didn't like Shiroe at first, but it's easy to understand his misery, and finally started liking him.

What a great episode, and anime at that.
Jan 27, 2013 10:37 PM
Aug 2011
Marzan said:
I didn't like Shiroe at all, but I never thought he'd be killed like that so soon.
May 19, 2013 5:38 PM

May 2010
I haven't felt like crying from an anime for a while, but this got to me.
Real Hell is inside a person-Ai Enma (Jigoku Shoujo Mitsuganae)
Do you know where hell is? Inside your head-Chrona (Soul Eater)

Oct 25, 2013 6:37 PM

Nov 2009
Wow . . . I really thought he would be saved by Jomey, I figured they were close by sort of (hence the messages coming through now) . . . But guess not. Anyways, not sure I'll like Keith since it's become kind of clear that he will never think for himself, he will obey that Mother throughout the entire series.
Dec 30, 2013 7:34 PM

Apr 2012
Didn't like the douche at first but you can still understand from what he is coming from. In the end, he is still that innocent kid that likes Peter Pan.
Feb 3, 2014 8:00 AM

Aug 2013
I hope Keith doesn't turn out to be a sheep who obeys Mother Eliza every time. Can't say I got sad when Shiroe died. Well at least now the focus shifts back to Jomy.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Apr 14, 2014 6:23 PM

Apr 2014
fiane said:
This... this broke my heart.
Oh Shiroe... ;_; How could you, Keith, how could you. I wanted him to survive until the end, until happiness, but he's taken away. Dammit. Dammit my heart hurts like hell.

:Me too... T-T
Shiroe...
Jun 7, 2014 1:04 PM

Jan 2013
Rewatched the episode back to back.
You know things are done masterfully well when you mourn the death of a character who wasn't that likable in the first place.
Kagami_Hiiragi said:
Idc if you think its weird, I have a life and friends and an income of money.

Jun 27, 2014 7:38 PM

Sep 2013
Life is all about choices and Keith's was a terrible one. Instead of trust and try to understand the other human being and deal with his new self-awared emotions, he decided to obey to the dictator and manipulative Mother. Well, I hope Jomy will do something about this and show him how many perspectives and sides-of-the-story are out there...
Nov 10, 2014 2:01 PM

Jan 2013
This episode was just awful (for my feels). I was spoiled on what would happen in this episode, but that scene still hit me hard. This was just great, if the anime keeps this kind of stuff going then it will turn out really great

The last two episodes really did a good job at making Shiroe a sympathetic character, and I ended up liking him in the end even though I stared out hating him

Mar 3, 2015 8:33 AM
Aug 2014
Never been so unmoved by the death of a 14 year old in an anime; what an annoying, ungrateful little brat. Sure Keith just saved you, possibly endangering himself, but I'm going to pick a fight with him anyway.
Apr 1, 2015 12:26 AM

Apr 2012
Shiroe almost made me drop the show. Great to see the fucker is gone.
Jun 16, 2015 3:15 PM

Mar 2013
Pretty shocking and sad. I had a strong feeling that Shiroe wouldn't get saved by his Peter Pan, but still a bit surprised that he was killed by Keith.. I guess he has always been subserviant to Mother and it's not so simple to rebel. That being said it's clear he has some emotions still as evinced by the tears after the Murderous Deed, albeit who knows how long that will remain after further "family visits" with Mother..
Oct 5, 2015 2:33 AM

Oct 2014
didn't see that coming. Yes this is one of the most epic deaths in anime
Feb 29, 2016 12:17 PM
Aug 2011
It just always has to be the character I like the most... I'm uniquely disturbed and sad :'( I cannot recall last time I was emotionally so invested.
I really hope Keith will have an amazing jaw-dropping character development and all of this was worth while.
May 30, 2016 4:28 AM
Jul 2015
I can't say I'm shocked that he died, I figured he would die from the psychological experiments but, when he escaped on the ship, I thought "oh boy, this is it". What really got me was his profound love of Peter Pan, always hoping that he'd come and find him. I could relate to Shiroe so much, Peter Pan has always been my favourite story. Shiroe always clung to the fairy tale idea, his death was really touching :__: I wanted to hope that Jomy would find him again but somehow, I knew that it wouldn't happen.
Aug 14, 2016 3:46 AM

Apr 2009
Finally Peter Pan fanboy is dead.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 17, 2017 7:25 PM

Oct 2016
Shiroe was one of those characters introduced to be killed off early on in the series to drive the plot.
Jan 28, 2017 10:16 PM

Apr 2014
i'm glad Keith is finally starting to realize something is off. but he's stupid for telling Mother everything he knows. kinda disappointed he still listens to Mother even after all that. i'm really hoping to see some improvement from Keith, even Shiroe actually did die so his death means something

nooo i really liked Shiroe.....i really hope he's not actually dead and that maybe Jomy saved him. i really wanted him to join the Mu
Jan 25, 2019 8:48 PM

Mar 2014
Annoying character dies slowly and excruciatingly. I felt bad for him at the end
Aug 13, 2020 6:26 PM
Nov 2014
Oof. I mean, even if your computer mum says so, surely logic shines through and you should be able to tell that IT DOESN'T MAKE SENSE TO KILL A LITTLE BOY WHO'S HAVING AN ACTUAL MENTAL BREAKDOWN. Can't be treason if the kid has literally lost his mind
Jan 2, 2021 10:54 AM
Dec 2019
Eeeehhhh

If they wanted me to feel sympathy for this guy idk why they made him such an asshole. I mean, part of his enmity towards Keith is because Keith is the antithesis of everything he holds dear- emotion and memories, so that makes sense. At the same time, we see that underneath that he's still an asshole cuz Keith saves him despite his rudeness, clearly displaying sympathy, and he's still rude to Keith afterwards. His constant obsession with his memories becomes whiny after a while and it doesn't show enough of his background for me to really care. Perhaps a single scene with his mother or father that also explains his behavior in the present day would do wonders for his character, besides toning down his abrasive demeanor and the number of times he says Peter Pan.

On the other hand this incident successfully adds to Keith's character. I've never felt much sympathy for Keith because his personality is so boring AND he's so on top of everything. In this episode we see him isolated and uncertain for once and at the end of it he finally shows some emotion. The only problem is that even a normal person would have had trouble sympathizing with Shiroe from Keith's position because of how Shiroe treated him and because of the lack of bonding time, so it's quite puzzling that a robotic person would shed tears for Shiroe.
RecynonJan 2, 2021 11:53 AM
Jun 11, 2023 6:33 AM

Aug 2020
Man till the end I was hoping for jomy to appear but gosh this is peak episode, shiroe character is actually great and never thought it will end this way.

Also not to forget that scene of Keith at the end gosh it was really peak.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Terra e... Episode 13 Discussion

gohdan - Oct 1, 2011

6 by His0kaDevv »»
Mar 19, 12:09 PM

Poll: » Terra e... Episode 1 Discussion

Kayrhandros - May 29, 2007

29 by zeroquinze »»
Oct 28, 2023 10:39 AM

Poll: » Terra e... Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Sep 22, 2008

84 by Lavi_kun »»
Jun 13, 2023 3:03 AM

Poll: » Terra e... Episode 21 Discussion

puedjies - Feb 8, 2009

15 by Lavi_kun »»
Jun 12, 2023 8:10 AM

Poll: » Terra e... Episode 15 Discussion

d388 - Aug 24, 2007

27 by Lavi_kun »»
Jun 12, 2023 1:21 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.