Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
May 17, 2011 5:11 AM

Dec 2010
Actually, it's pretty normal for cousins to marry in Japan, but still...age gap :-/

Although really, would she have chosen anyone else? It was a choice between an unpredictable hurricane, a lovable loser and the man who has cared for her for more than 10 years. The choice was obvious really.
"Ah yes, the demon drink...'Nature's Alzheimer's' they call it"
Jun 23, 2011 9:32 PM

Sep 2009
yesss I WIN
She chose Shuu ^_^ sorry all, but Morita and Takemoto were never real options for me.
Morita's awesome of course, but Hagu needs stability. Look at her.
And Takemoto is earnest in his feelings, but again, he cant provide for her.

Hagu herself is not a normal girl.
For example, there wudnt be any problem in Morita or Takemoto being with someone like Ayu.
But Hagu needs to literally be taken care of.
And Shuu has been doing it her whole life so what's the dif now?
It just took her a while to realize what was always there.

When he said he loved her, I didnt get any indication of a sexual motivation.
So whatever.
I'd say the age gap of Hagu and Shuu is abt the same as Ayu and Nomiya.
It's just they've drawn Hagu as a child, which you just have to blame the Japanese for.
Oct 24, 2011 10:18 PM

May 2009
It was ok... but the ending really felt like Usagi Drop to me.. :/ Kinda... weird.
Dec 11, 2011 6:50 PM
Nov 2011
Kirsten-chan said:
During the scene that Morita & Takemoto are eating and fighting by the riverbank, I heard a Bleach themesong on the background o.o That was like, so weird. And I hate that song.

I heard it too!
I didn't believe myself until the singing started.

I was rooting for Morita. Oh well.
May 23, 2012 10:50 PM
Mar 2011
I can't remember the last time a scene has made me smile so much in happiness like the ending scene for this episode did.
Jun 5, 2012 7:43 PM

Aug 2011
Yeah, what the fuck? They're related AND they're supposed to have a father/daughter relationship... I really don't like this ending at all. It was so good in the first season too.
Jun 19, 2012 10:39 AM

Oct 2008
What the hell!? I never expected it! I thought Shuu liked Hagu as a daughter. This totally blew me away. I hope Hagu recovers completely. And I'm still hoping for Morita and Hagu to be together.
Jul 12, 2012 9:01 PM

Jan 2012
WHAT THE FUCKING FUCK
THE PSUEDO-UNDERAGE LOLICON ENDS UP WITH HER FATHER FIGURE+COUSIN?
why are more of you not weirded out is this normal where you live
Jul 14, 2012 12:08 PM

Jul 2010
So beautiful.. And I laughed so hard at the end :')

I love Morita, so I was somewhat sad, but it is true that Shu-chan has done so much for Hagu. He deserves to take care of her.

EWW. Why is everyone making this sound like Shu-chan loves Hagu romantically?! I didn't get that tone at all, that was just the joke for me.
Jul 25, 2012 3:24 PM

Aug 2010
That end...so wrong! XD
Oct 7, 2012 12:08 PM

May 2010
''I'll return the money but not Hagu though! Hahahahahah'' - LOL

Great drama and comedy this ep has. :D
Nov 18, 2012 10:52 AM

May 2012
Great episode, it's good that she finally decided, quite awesome dialog and lol that ending was just to funny! But damn can't believe we're at the end already and I feel like so much still isn't solved!

Lets see what the final episode will bring us!
Nov 26, 2012 9:28 PM

Feb 2010
Blue sky - Two young men - Wind - River embankment
LMAO!

I did suspect that Shuu likes Hagu in the previous episodes, but I shove that thought away since I think it is cuter if they have a father-daughter relationship. Kudos to Morita for having him to confess. I like this guy omg. I seriously thought he's gonna win Hagu. But Shuu is perfect for Hagu. I didnt realise that until this episode. I thought her only options are Takemoto and Morita.

Great episode!
mingling with each other are the flames of red and blue
Jan 24, 2013 2:23 PM

Dec 2010
I didn't see sensei's confession coming, but I'd much rather see Hagu with him than Shinobu (weird as that may be). Hagu said she chose painting, but she never actually said anything about having feelings for Shuji so I kinda wonder about that. I thought the fight between Shinobu and Yuta was a long time coming. It was nice to see them finally get it all out in the open.
Aug 31, 2013 10:45 AM

Apr 2008
So Shuu-chan is in love with his daughter. :P
Though I would call Hagu-chan and Shuu-chan for brother and sister, since Shuu-chan probably isn't more than near 30 years old.
I'm glad she didn't choose Morita, he ws just gone too much and wasn't right for her at all. I like Morita of course, but just as a comic relief character.

My score for this season dropped becaus Shuu-chan is in love with his sister/daughter :P
First season was better.

Nov 20, 2013 11:45 PM

Sep 2013
mayama is 4 years older than hagu and ended up with rika... and rika is as old as shuu-chan.

apparently shuu-chan is hagu's father's cousin I guess... it is weird, but... just because shuu said he loved her, he still could have meant it as a father/daughter love? hagu said she chose drawing but needed him to take care of her basically
Mar 15, 2014 11:35 AM

Jun 2009
Aw, my heart. I loved this episode so much.

As much as I adore Takemoto and Morita, I’m really glad Shuu-chan won. He deserves it fully. He’s her rain, as Hagu herself said it. No one can replace all he’s done for her. Pure selfless love.

It’s nice seeing Takemoto and Morita drowning in their sorrows, eating and fighting together like good friends again. Ah, sweet youth! Everyone’s been living their own adolescence all this time.
I think, then procrastinate.
Therefore, I am.
May 27, 2014 12:12 AM

May 2012
That was very unexpected....
Nov 24, 2014 7:47 AM

Jun 2014
aaaaand there goes another good anime that gets ruined by weird incest and lolicon. wtf?
Dec 19, 2014 12:37 AM

Nov 2011
...What? I can't tell if the "love" thing is serious with Shuu being embarrassed over admitting it or if it's just a comedic misunderstanding.

If he's meaning he loves Hagu as a woman, rather than a father-daughter type relationship, then that's just weird. They're cousins for one, and the age gap is huge for two. Ew ew ew. That came out of nowhere and it's really creeping me out. D:

I hope it was a misunderstanding.

The punching was pretty serious/surprising at first, but the fight scene between Morita and Takemoto was hilarious. It almost looked like something out of a battle shounen. I liked Morita's thoughts on "talent" as well.

This seems to be heading toward an odd conclusion. o.O
Mar 19, 2015 8:15 PM

Jun 2009
Takemoto vs Morita and Hanamoto vs Morita. So good.

Shuu is only 4 years older than Hagu btw but the Father-Daughter/Cousin thing is weird. I don't really know what they're going for.
loghneckbeardMar 19, 2015 8:20 PM
Apr 21, 2015 5:42 AM

Aug 2014
Eventually the two men were not selected by Hagu. Up here their stories. Ayu remaining live and love in terms of fourth
Apr 23, 2015 3:33 AM
Mar 2015
OH. MY. GOD.......

This episode just turned everything i believed into ashes! HAGU CHOSE SHUIJI-SENSEI!!! BOTH SHINOBU AND TAKEMOTO LOST TO HIM!
HOW, just how can it be? Didnt she like Morita all along? I never thought that Shuu-sensei loved her that way and i expected Morita to win her love. Whats going on? Ok, i will calm down.
Wait, but does she even like Shuu-sensei, you know, romantically? Or did she do it just so he wont be all alone? I want to believe she does and its kind of hinted in her memories when she called him her rain and she loves rain. Damn, i knew their relationship was strong but this much!?!
Now that i think of it, i am glad it ended that way. I worried Shuu will be all alone when Hagu chooses Morita or Takemoto. He doesnt have family as well. Hmmm.... i wonder if they have a family together in the future? Thats so weird to think about!
Haha, Morita and Takemoto are left with no one but each other. At least, their friendship wont be affected and i feel like they will become best friends after that.^^
Now on to the last episode!
Apr 23, 2015 3:36 AM
Mar 2015
vearg said:
so what was wrong with shuu-chan telling morita that he loves her???? that love is more of a love of a father for her daughter right?!?!??! ahahahha...

To be honest, now i doubt so. Why would he blush if it was just fatherly love? Why would Morita ask him such question if he didnt mean romantic love? After all, everybody know he cares for her. Also Hagus' words : 'Give me your life. Please, stay with me until the very end.' What is it if not confession?
nozomidream9Apr 23, 2015 3:50 AM
Apr 23, 2015 3:40 AM
Mar 2015
Koishii said:
gogitosbanditos said:
Wtf? No, really what teh fcuk?
Despite the age gap, they are realatives!

THIS.
What the hell??????? They've had a father-daughter relationship THE ENTIRE SERIES, and then out of nowhere, this?!? Not to mention, GROSS. They are cousins!

You are wrong about this. He is her father's cousin; although it is not clarified if he is her father's 1st, 2nd, or 3rd cousin.
Apr 23, 2015 3:41 AM
Mar 2015
Salmissra said:
yesss I WIN
She chose Shuu ^_^ sorry all, but Morita and Takemoto were never real options for me.
Morita's awesome of course, but Hagu needs stability. Look at her.
And Takemoto is earnest in his feelings, but again, he cant provide for her.

Hagu herself is not a normal girl.
For example, there wudnt be any problem in Morita or Takemoto being with someone like Ayu.
But Hagu needs to literally be taken care of.
And Shuu has been doing it her whole life so what's the dif now?
It just took her a while to realize what was always there.

When he said he loved her, I didnt get any indication of a sexual motivation.
So whatever.
I'd say the age gap of Hagu and Shuu is abt the same as Ayu and Nomiya.
It's just they've drawn Hagu as a child, which you just have to blame the Japanese for.

AGREE TOTALLY!
Also, hasnt anyone paid any attention to the fighting scene where Takemoto said he would rather loose to compassion and honour than talent and money? Morita looked so empty. I bet he never really considered himself lucky to be talented. After all, what does it matter if people you love keep drifting away?
nozomidream9Apr 23, 2015 3:54 AM
Jun 30, 2015 3:10 PM

Nov 2011
*SNIFFS*

NOPE

NO BULLSHIT HERE

THIS IS A MANIAC'S WORK
Jul 14, 2015 1:10 PM

Jul 2013
I was as shocked and confused as Ayumi at Shuuji's confession of loving Hagu.

I can't believe Hagu chose to stay with him and not go after Shinobu who she clearly loved or Yuuta.
Oct 2, 2015 1:39 AM

May 2014
Seriously, why do these Hagu arcs are continuously being shown every episode while Nomiya x Yamada x Mayama arc is getting cut everytime? It's such a cliffhang. Next episode is last episode you know!! You don't mean to leave it at that, right?! I need some closure! An ending!!
Oct 4, 2015 1:46 PM

Jul 2014
No wayyy! I always saw Hamamoto-sensei's relationship with Hagu as father-daughter like! o__o Hamamoto-sensei is Hagu's rain...that was really touching.
Next episode is the last TT__TT
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 24, 2015 10:21 AM

Jun 2015
In what sense did Sensei meant when he said he loves Hagu?
They're cousins right? And he took care of Hagu for a really long time.
But I just can't see them as a couple...

Anyway, off to the last episode.

Nov 22, 2015 11:36 PM
Feb 2015
This is so confusing. I can sort of understand Hagu + Shuji, but why were Morita and Shuji fighting? That I don't understand at all.
May 16, 2016 10:29 AM

Mar 2016
Koishii said:
gogitosbanditos said:
Wtf? No, really what teh fcuk?
Despite the age gap, they are realatives!
The end of these promising series is nothing realistic.
You can easily see where I woted. No more than 2/5.
The end is a disappointment。

THIS.
What the hell??????? They've had a father-daughter relationship THE ENTIRE SERIES, and then out of nowhere, this?!? Not to mention, GROSS. They are cousins!

All of these comments are pissing me off. It was a comedic misunderstanding. Shuji loves her as family, but since Morita and Shuji were fighting over Hagu and Morita loves her romantically, everyone thought Shuji meant in a romantic way as well.
Seriously, do you people not tell your family that you love them?
Aug 16, 2016 3:18 PM
Nov 2013
I don't understand why Morita punched Shuu back and why he even said he wanted to punch him more.
Can anyone answer that for me?
Sep 4, 2016 5:58 PM

Jun 2016
Come on! This is completely ridiculous and creepy!
From the very first episode, I was disturbed with Hagu's appearance. If the main motive here was to reflect innocence and youth, the producers could've easily done it without exaggerating that much. I can't look at Hagu and see an adult there. Not even a teenager. She is a kid. Not only her height, her acts, her face, everything.
Even with Shinabu, she doesn't look well. It is like Shinobu carries a kid aiound. The only person that fits Hagu appearance-wise is Yuta.
Oh and I was so fond of Shu! What a disappointment:/

Plus, this is a complete change of the plot. Their relationship was obviously a farher-daughter relationship, or at least sister and brother.

I am not even talking about the age gap. In the worst case scenario, Shu would be fine with a normal college student like Ayumi, but Hagu, who looks like a kindergartener? So stupid!
Sep 4, 2016 6:01 PM

Jun 2016
@Blondie

Well, I watched HnC in English dub, and Shuji does not only tell Shinobu that he loves her, but that he is madly in love with her. You can't be madly in love with a family member, right?
But I wish you were right about that. The whole idea is so creepy and out of place.
Sep 4, 2016 6:21 PM

Mar 2016
karineyn said:
@Blondie

Well, I watched HnC in English dub, and Shuji does not only tell Shinobu that he loves her, but that he is madly in love with her. You can't be madly in love with a family member, right?
But I wish you were right about that. The whole idea is so creepy and out of place.

Wow, yikes. I wonder what he says in the manga. I guess now I'll tell myself that the Japanese was poorly translated xD
Sep 4, 2016 6:33 PM

Jun 2016
@Blondie
Haha, I wish this were a translation problem as well! :D
But I sadly believe they really mean a romantic love. Shu is blushing, saying Ayumi that it is embarrasing, and Ayumu says he is a guy even though he is old, and stuff.
Oh, well, it is such a big disappointment! u.u
Sep 16, 2016 8:25 PM

Dec 2012
So there's two roads and I hope beyond wildest imaginations that I'm right and it's the first one.

#1: This was a really strong episode that shows how Shuu will always continue to watch over Hagu no matter how much time passes. Takemoto and Morita gave up temporarily because neither one could stay by Hagu's side and support her both through her recovery and her passion to draw again. To even suggest Shuu x Hagu is a symptom of watching too many harems with horny step siblings and cousins.

#2: 36 episodes down the drain and my favorite ship was sunk for some asinine, putrid pairing that makes me want to hurl and never stop hurling. Glass falling was a cheap and overly convenient device to get Hagu into a position to fall for her father figure and I cannot bear the thought of finishing this series. I'm okay with incest in anime. I'm okay with age difference in anime. But I absolutely hate when it's used in quality works that have thus far emphasized powerful, organic relationship dynamics.

karineyn said:

I am not even talking about the age gap. In the worst case scenario, Shu would be fine with a normal college student like Ayumi, but Hagu, who looks like a kindergartener? So stupid!
The part that's slightly infuriating about this is how they didn't just make her look like a kid, but that she literally acts like she has the mental capacity of a child. Very few things Hagu has done have made me think she was an adult. I have to keep reminding myself that she's not a genius 12 year old who skipped a bunch of grades.
Jan 17, 2017 8:32 PM

Jan 2013
Fantastic episode. Sadly two will have to go without romance.
I felt worst for Takemoto, I was routing for him.
Jan 24, 2017 7:34 AM

Feb 2008
Ah, youth... The friendly spat of Morita and Takemoto was brilliant. Particularly its conclusion.
Apr 13, 2017 11:27 AM

Feb 2013
That bastard was trying to make her quit because he felt alone, and he actually punched Sensei, he is the worst character of this anime.
Hagu-chan made the right choice.
Mar 16, 2018 8:18 AM

Apr 2016
Again a phenomenal episode, great comedy and great feels. For some reason it felt like this was the last episode for Morita. I also hope the show will have a proper ending for each character. I will see soon enough.
Apr 4, 2018 4:16 PM

May 2015
That fight was awesome. :d
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Apr 29, 2018 4:34 PM

Dec 2015
Like WTf was this ed i know it this kind of show always end up making me angry always....
Dec 25, 2018 1:29 PM

May 2016
I feel lost in these last few episodes how this gonna end?!
Mar 17, 2019 5:47 PM

Feb 2018
That might be a controversial choice for Hagu (there's plenty of strong Morita supporters in particular) but this to me was the choice that felt the best to everyone.

Takemoto felt better about "losing" to Shuu as opposed to Morita and can start to move on. And Morita was able to admit he was using Hagu as an escape and dragging her down with him. I hope they can all find happiness. It's a really likable cast of characters.
*Mourning the disappointment of The Promised Neverland season 2.*
Jun 14, 2020 9:15 PM

Mar 2016
I don't k ow what to expect anymore. I kinda saw Shuuji closer but really closer to Hagu from time to time, but in the hospital scenes? I don't know if something is wrong with me but those looked more than family, they looked like a couple of lovers. This remind me of Chobits, but here it's not only the age gap but they are related. And I'm still thinking Morita is scum. Anyways, let's continue...
Also, seems only Mayama got a happy ending.
No tomo malas decisiones, solo me gusta apoyar causas perdidas.
Disfruté Mayoiga, Ou-sama Game, Evil or Live, Mirai Nikki, Big Order, Arifureta, Ex-Arm, Tesla Note, Shuumatsu no Harem y Platinum End
nope les falle con esa, lo siento pero todos tenemos nuestros límites.
Así de jodido es mi gusto en anime, ¡Y estoy pinche orgulloso de ello!

Jun 22, 2020 10:31 AM
May 2020
I can understand her reasoning and I thought how the characters dwelt with it was fun to watch, but seriously... Japan WHY DO YOU HAVE TO RUIN LOVE STORIES WITH INCEST! I DON'T CARE IF THEY ARE DISTANTLY ENOUGH RELATED, HE RAISED HER! HE IS HER SURROGATE FATHER! THIS IS WRONG!!
Also, I feel so bad for our protagonist! He deserves a girlfriend!
Jul 13, 2020 9:35 AM
Nov 2017
1Konochi said:
I can understand her reasoning and I thought how the characters dwelt with it was fun to watch, but seriously... Japan WHY DO YOU HAVE TO RUIN LOVE STORIES WITH INCEST! I DON'T CARE IF THEY ARE DISTANTLY ENOUGH RELATED, HE RAISED HER! HE IS HER SURROGATE FATHER! THIS IS WRONG!!
Also, I feel so bad for our protagonist! He deserves a girlfriend!

You see in japan marrying cousins is a common thing. Look at a series like fruits basket. Half the characters are in love with their cousins. Granted they're more distantly related then these two. Its legal there and viewed normally. Cultural differences and all.

But also this is the art of story telling. It wanted us to think they hay had. Afather daughter relationship, but he isn't her father. We saw her father and mother a couple episodes ago. It appears there relationship is strained, but those are her parents. I think its safe to say that these feelings have been more then family love for awhile. Most of Shu's behavior can be viewed either as a protective father figure or a love interest and rival to takemoto and Morita.his willingness to give her everything. To her, he has saved her time and time again. Supported her, protected her, inspired her. That flashback made it clear to me, that he was probably her first love. I find it actually sweet. Once you realize it, it was there the whole time.

BTW a lot of the stigma surrounding marrying a cousin is apparently untrue. Its apparently more or less siblings who have all the issues. Most countries just view it as taboo and it ends up ingrained in US.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Shuu-chan loves Hagu?

Meruto - Jan 19, 2011

39 by Z0mbieB0y »»
Apr 4, 12:56 PM

Poll: » Hachimitsu to Clover II Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Kayro - Mar 30, 2008

212 by Katsu-kun »»
Feb 17, 12:55 PM

Poll: » Hachimitsu to Clover II Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Kayro - Mar 29, 2008

82 by Danahi82 »»
Jan 24, 1:09 AM

» Sandwiches - How long did it take Hagu?

Barusamikosu - Dec 24, 2023

1 by Rama_Chan »»
Dec 25, 2023 12:35 AM

» How is this related to march comes in like a lion?

TsutanaiFuun - Jun 28, 2023

6 by accidentalfloss »»
Jul 2, 2023 10:29 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.