Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Spice and Wolf (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 »
Jun 13, 2014 4:26 PM

Apr 2014
Absolutely amazing series. I wasn't sure about this show after the first episode but by episode 3 I was completely sold. I hope season 2 can keep pace and the romance continues at a good rate.
Jun 23, 2014 4:28 AM

Jul 2012
Just finished it, it was "okay". Probably just not the anime of my taste but even so I did enjoy the fun between Holo and Lawrence.
Tom's Hardware graphics veteran++ (Legacy)
i7 6700K@4.0 GHz, ASUS Z170 PRO GAMING, RTX 2080, G. Skill RipJaws V 3200MHz 16GB,
Noctua NH-D15, CorsairRM 850x, Win10x64, 1920x1080

MyAnimeList!
Aug 6, 2014 4:29 AM

Oct 2013
I love it, nice atmosphere and it's so enjoyable to watch, at the end Lawrance was like "Lawrence was like "I must've unconsciously chosen to call your name for sure... because... ...because.. your name is a little shorter than hers" LMAO //facepalms

Overall score 9/10, now onto the 2nd season
Sep 25, 2014 5:31 PM

Jun 2014
9/10.
Oct 7, 2014 4:50 PM

Jul 2014
This anime very much surpassed my expectations and I'd give it a 9/10 ^_^ Welp on to the second season!
Oct 14, 2014 10:00 AM

Oct 2013
What a beautiful episode. ;___; I miss Nora already. Lawrence and Holo's interactions are just amazing, and the drama was very well done these last four episodes. Hopefully the second season is just as good.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Oct 14, 2014 6:13 PM

Nov 2013
Oh my god I envy you so much for just now watching this show :)
Nov 8, 2014 4:12 AM
Feb 2014
lovely anime! I am anxious to watching the next season!
Nov 13, 2014 3:18 PM

Aug 2014
Horo is so pretty. She and Lawrence can be a nice couple :)
Maloween 2017
Main Candies
Nov 19, 2014 10:17 PM

Nov 2011
They left us hanging! I feel for those who watched this when it originally aired. The ending definitely leaves you wanting more... That said, it was good for an open ending. No needless plot twists; just the ending notes of their latest predicament and a bit more Holo/Lawrence fun. Seeing Holo still concerned over Nora was kinda cute.

What a satisfying show. The focus (economics) was unique and was presented accurately; the character dynamic was great; the dialogue was fun; there was justified drama with reasonable conclusions; there was good romantic development. I could hardly ask for more. This is definitely worthy of a 9, possibly a 10. On the enjoyment side, it's close to favorite-dom, although I'll wait a bit longer before deciding on that.

I certainly plan on watching the sequel season.
Nov 27, 2014 9:07 PM

Sep 2014
Ahh~ Holo's wolf form never cease to amaze me.. Thought that scene where she kneeled down before the big wolf must've been a big blow to her pride.. I hope she can retain it again.. Youngsters *sigh*

A pretty good ending to this great show.. The last scene where they were teasing each other was fun to watch but I would've like it more if they ended it romantically.. Not that I'm complaining~

Anyways, this show was enjoyable to watch and I didn't regret watching it.. Holo is definitely hands down, best character.. Every EP was awesome 'cos of her haha!

Now then, on to S2! I hope it'll be as good (if not better) as this season.. Looking forward to it!

~ 8/10 ~
Dec 14, 2014 10:08 PM

Sep 2014
10/10, awesome show. Kinda wish they hadn't stopped after 2 seasons.
Jan 3, 2015 3:05 PM

Nov 2012
Great show 8/10.

Loved how Lawrence stated that he only said Holo's name because it was shorter & when he said he loved her as soon as the bell rang.

Really loved Holo & Lawrence's interactions,they had really great chemistry & made a great couple.
Feb 6, 2015 4:55 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
A sweet romance show with a bit of late medieval trading on the side. Will definitely check out the second season now.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Mar 13, 2015 6:18 PM

Mar 2012
That was very enjoyable, just gotta love Holo and the way she acts :) Looking forward to checking out S2.
May 2, 2015 1:39 PM
Nov 2014
Great SoL show with good characters and osts, I'll be looking forward to watch S2.
May 7, 2015 4:47 PM

Feb 2013
Wow, I loved this series.

There were so many great things about this anime, the music, the medieval fantasy setting, the story in general. But what really made me love it was the characters of Holo and Lawrence and their amazing interactions together. Holo in particular is an amazing character unlike any other, that just made every episode extremely entertaining.

I'm also usually someone who doesn't really care for the romance in most things, but even I couldn't ignore how cute Lawrence and Holo were together throughout this entire show. I personally think the romance was done exceptionally well.

I'll be looking forward to seeing more of Holo and Lawrence in the second season.

10/10
Jul 14, 2015 7:15 AM

Mar 2013
I love shows like this that focus so much on the characters and their interactions, Lawrence
Jul 27, 2015 1:06 AM

Jul 2015
I'm gonna have to be one of the odd ones out here and say I was honestly not that impressed with this series. Holo was pretty much the only character that was entertaining, and any time someone else would step up and start to shine as a character, their time would be over; mainly Chloe and Nora. And while it certainly had some thought put into it, I just did not care at ALL about the economic happenings in the story. They were boring and had me wanting to do something else most of the time. There really was nothing wrong with the animation and music though, so I can't mark it in that regard.

6/10. Probably not going to watch the 2nd season, because I just don't care enough about the overall story, and while she is genuinely an awesome character, Holo is not enough to convince me to give it a shot...
Aug 28, 2015 4:34 PM

Jun 2015
Beautiful romance!! Love the opening and ending!
Read Toriko!
Oct 10, 2015 8:05 PM

May 2015
Cute episode and cute show in general. My friend was raving about it but I honestly just wasn't that into this show. I mean I might watch the second season but this show just has too much business talk in it for me. I'm just not that interested in economic based things in my anime. Like, yay, you can do math and make money. Good for you. Now do something. I give it a 6/10.

Mystifire said:
I'm gonna have to be one of the odd ones out here and say I was honestly not that impressed with this series. Holo was pretty much the only character that was entertaining, and any time someone else would step up and start to shine as a character, their time would be over; mainly Chloe and Nora. And while it certainly had some thought put into it, I just did not care at ALL about the economic happenings in the story. They were boring and had me wanting to do something else most of the time. There really was nothing wrong with the animation and music though, so I can't mark it in that regard.

6/10. Probably not going to watch the 2nd season, because I just don't care enough about the overall story, and while she is genuinely an awesome character, Holo is not enough to convince me to give it a shot...

You basically just described my reaction to the entire series.
"It's a tragic misunderstanding that could have been easily avoided if he just finished his sentence in time!"

— Richard Watterson (The Amazing World of Gumball)
Oct 24, 2015 8:19 PM

Apr 2014
Don't understand the business side of the story, but I like the interaction between Holo and Lawrence.
If I have to say Lawrence is naive...but what he say is right as well. Still he is too naive...almost got kill and still won't kill other.
Not bad. 7/10 on to next season.
Nov 5, 2015 10:22 PM
May 2010
This was a thoroughly enjoyable series, and I agree with the pacing throughout.

It had a slow start, but fast paces work best when you already are invested in the characters. When too much happens with characters you don't know or care about, it's hard to get into them at all.

The ending didn't feel rushed, like some mentioned. It felt appropriate, and like it chose to terminate instead of drag on like some series' endings do. There wasn't a lot to say goodbye to after all.

As for the trade, currency exchange, negotiations, deals and betrayals... it's kind of in the description. If you weren't interested in stuff a merchant would do, why are you watching a series about a merchant? I mean sorry, but if that's your complaint, you're the problem, not the show. Personally, I do like that sort of stuff, and I was pleasantly surprised at the depth with which they addressed those topics, and how well it balanced out with the show as a whole. Seriously, once again, if your problem with the show was the business and trade aspects of it, you are the problem. I wouldn't go out and tell someone that a show about sports was a 6/10 simply because I don't like sports. It's not the show's fault if I choose to watch something I dislike.
Nov 13, 2015 5:58 PM

Oct 2010
Yeah, I would have to agree with the latter comments of this thread and I would have say that this show is 6/10. By no means was the show bad, but at the same time it did not have enough strengths in it to call it great. One of the problems I had with this show is the romance. For an anime to have a huge focus on these two characters that obvious have a thing for each other, and for them to travel together that long and the relationship doesn't go anywhere is a slap in the face for me. I would of been fine with the two MC not hooking together, if there wasn't so much flirting and sexual tension between the two. There was literally nothing discouraging them or stopping them from being more than friend, so I'm just confuse on why have this platonic relationship this whole time.
Second problem with the show is I still don't think it translated that well into an anime. Too dialogue heavy, lots of dialogue is great and dandy for a novel, but for an anime to have so much dialogue you need to balance it with either better art or visual style, add more events, add a lot more animation in the dialogue or any combination of the three to make the anime exciting.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 13, 2015 10:31 PM
Aug 2009
Royce said:
There was literally nothing discouraging them or stopping them from being more than friend.

Really? She isn't human, is basically immortal, has just gone through centuries of mind-bending loneliness after losing someone who is obviously "more than a friend", and you think that just a couple of weeks of traveling with some merchant will be enough to overcome all of that? That, and you haven't even seen the second season yet (unless you're just posting in the season one thread instead of the season two one).

So really, don't be that guy. Just say why you didn't like it as much as others, and it's all good. Reaching for faulty arguments is unnecessary. If you haven't even read the novels, how would you know how well it translated into an anime? And you've clearly ignored the quality of things that you personally don't seem to care about, like voice acting, music, dialogue, and character nuance, among other things, so you probably have a different idea of greatness than others who would like Spice and Wolf to begin with.

What if I said Berserk '97 wasn't great because the voice acting was nothing special, the characters were pretty much flat, and the music and voice acting were mediocre at best? Hardly fair. But if I simply said I found it a 6/10 on my enjoyment scale, because the ending felt like a cheap attempt to make me read the manga, the relationships didn't really amount to much, and I would rather have had a more complete and compelling story than a bunch of grotesque violence and such, then it's not quite as insulting, it's just what I had hoped for from Berserk (which isn't my real opinion of Berserk '97, but you get the point).
Nov 14, 2015 4:44 AM

Dec 2012
No kiss. so 9/10

Nov 14, 2015 8:20 PM

Oct 2010
BashZeStampeedo said:
Really? She isn't human, is basically immortal, has just gone through centuries of mind-bending loneliness after losing someone who is obviously "more than a friend", and you think that just a couple of weeks of traveling with some merchant will be enough to overcome all of that? That, and you haven't even seen the second season yet (unless you're just posting in the season one thread instead of the season two one).

Pretty much, yeah. I mean they were together for a couple of weeks for non stop/ 24 hours per day for most of the time. In my humble opinion I thought that was more than enough time for two love birds to start a fling together regardless of her past, but this is just my opinion. I don't remember a part where they said that an immortal and a mortal having a relationship was consider taboo, and most of the people in the series didn't even that Holo was even a wolf god thing or whatever she suppose to be.

I haven't seen the second season yet, I do plan on seeing it at some time. Since the first one did not thrill me as much I said I'd put it to the side until I finish watching some other shows I'd really wanted to watch. You might even say that this thread sparked back my interest of watching season 2 ;D
No, I have not read the novel and could not argue with you the difference between the novel and the anime, but in entertainment theory books with a lot of dialogue either internal or external does not translate well when put into a movie or tv format, and this usually the main reason why books turned to movie/show are not as good as the book, and this show had a lot of dialogue that at times that felt a little bit boring to me.

I would still recommend this show to a friend because I do believe it is a very mature show, it has a very unique feel to it, it is consider to be a classic to a lot people, and I know that I am in the minority when say that this show is just average to me, but I will admit that this would not be one of the first shows that I recommend out of the long list of anime that I enjoy a lot.

Believe when I say I'm not that guy, if you are referencing to people who rate something different (in most cases negatively) just to stand out of a crowd. Everything I rate and/or do in MAL is honesty as I possibly can be for the fact that I want to get other people honest opinion on anime so that I can have a better appreciation for shows I don't understand or shows I would not generally watch and I hope to do the same for others. I believe the best way to get people honest opinion is for me to be honest with others.

I get what you are say with the Berserk analogy, but I could not get mad if somebody did not like Berserk. While I am a huge Berserk fan as you can tell, I know some people who do feel that an ending will make or break a show is probably not going to like the Berserk's
and I'm ok with that. While it would still hurt me a little inside if somebody said they did not like Berserk, but I know the anime and movie is not without its' faults

BashZeStampeedo said:
And you've clearly ignored the quality of things that you personally don't seem to care about, like voice acting, music, dialogue, and character nuance, among other things, so you probably have a different idea of greatness than others who would like Spice and Wolf to begin with.

I will admit that I don't have a appreciation for voice acting and music like other people do. In most things that I watch directing, visual style, story, pacing, and characters are the things I focus on. As long as the acting is a least average that is more than enough for me to enjoy that character (I couldn't even give you a top five favorite actors because I don't have any favorite actors (I know, weird)). As far as music goes as long as it fits the show, that good enough for me. I don't mind a lot dialogue as long as it is exciting like the Monogatari series, Mononoke, Kuuchuu Buranko or Quentin Tarantino's movie.
Now when I go into season 2 I will have a bigger focus on the voice acting and music.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 15, 2015 10:36 AM
Aug 2009
Royce said:

I mean they were together for a couple of weeks for non stop/ 24 hours per day for most of the time. In my humble opinion I thought that was more than enough time for two love birds to start a fling together regardless of her past, but this is just my opinion.

It still feels to me like you're taking for granted that these are two very isolated individuals, not your average lovebirds. I can see why you'd be disappointed that things don't progress more quickly, but I don't think it's a stretch that a career-obsessed guy who isn't used to normal human interactions, and a creature who was bitterly alone for centuries, would be able to lower their defenses like a regular pair of people would. At any rate, it's just a difference of opinion, I was just surprised that you seemed to miss those elements entirely.

Royce said:

Believe when I say I'm not that guy, if you are referencing to people who rate something different (in most cases negatively) just to stand out of a crowd.

No, I meant "that guy who tries too hard to sound like he knows what he's talking about". You don't have to do that. It's perfectly useful and honest to just say what you liked/didn't about the anime, without also making weird arguments that obviously don't hold up to scrutiny. In theory, Spice and Wolf could easily be better as an anime too, so that kind of argument is pointless and detracts from your review in my opinion.

Royce said:

but I could not get mad if somebody did not like Berserk.

Sure, but that wasn't my point. I'm not upset that you didn't like Spice and Wolf S1, I was just hinting that people tend to appreciate Spice and Wolf for things you didn't seem to even consider. It's not that I think you'll enjoy it like they do, but I feel it's worth knowing what others enjoy about an anime, as it's easy to get locked in your expectations even if a story isn't even aiming for those things.

Royce said:

I will admit that I don't have a appreciation for voice acting and music like other people do. In most things that I watch directing, visual style, story, pacing, and characters are the things I focus on.

That's a-ok, but you seem to have specific things you're looking for in each of those dimensions. As I said, it's easy to lock yourself into only looking for what you want, and miss what the anime is actually trying to present to you instead. This isn't quite a standard romance, especially in anime terms. If you can't buy into the emotional fragility of the characters, or that they might not really be sure that they even want a romance in the first place, then it'll be really tough to care about what's going on. Even if the characterization and pacing is deliberately set to give you a chance to get to know the character's subtler aspects without too much exposition or winking at the camera.

Incidentally, this is a case where some people can appreciate the dub more than the subs; there's something about reading the lines that makes it easy to miss subtler things going on in the anime, plus in this case at least the dub is generally considered to be of comparable quality to the subs.
Nov 15, 2015 9:41 PM

Oct 2010
BashZeStampeedo said:
No, I meant "that guy who tries too hard to sound like he knows what he's talking about".

When I talk about topics like that one the chances are I am not making stuff up to sound smart, but I'm able to talk about it because I know a good deal about the subject from a technical standpoint and I like to speak on stuff coming from a subjective standpoint too. The argument about books not translating well into shows or movies is not something I've created, I got that theory from both Scott McCloud in one of his Making Comic Books series and from the Screenwriter's Bible. If you don't think my words hold weight, well I'll give you a little bit of my educational background.

I went to art high school for three year and studied Fine Art as my major.
I major in Media Arts and Animation for 4 years in college.
I have read plenty of books outside of school including The Animator Survive Kit, The Illusion of Life, The Screenwriter's Bible, Scott McCloud's Making Comics series, Shot by Shot, and couple more book that I can't remember their names.
I watched over 500+ hrs of animating tutorials
I been watching anime since the early 90s with over 200 different series that I've seen.
I also read recent articles on animation news, theory, and tutorials online.

Even with all that I still value everybody opinion, I do have a good understand from an animation and technical standpoint, but doesn't mean that somebody who don't have that same background in art opinion mean nothing. Even with all that knowledge doesn't mean that I know everything about animation or anime, and that is the reason that I still ask people how about a certain anime because it help me grow as admirer of anime and as an animator.

BashZeStampeedo said:
It still feels to me like you're taking for granted that these are two very isolated individuals, not your average lovebirds. I can see why you'd be disappointed that things don't progress more quickly, but I don't think it's a stretch that a career-obsessed guy who isn't used to normal human interactions, and a creature who was bitterly alone for centuries, would be able to lower their defenses like a regular pair of people would. At any rate, it's just a difference of opinion, I was just surprised that you seemed to miss those elements entirely.

While I guess we will have agree to disagree on why they couldn't have romantic relationship, but I would have to say that is a really good argument on why they just could not hook up, and hands down the best argument I heard for this.

BashZeStampeedo said:
Incidentally, this is a case where some people can appreciate the dub more than the subs; there's something about reading the lines that makes it easy to miss subtler things going on in the anime, plus in this case at least the dub is generally considered to be of comparable quality to the subs.

I agree, I feel the same way. I actually like dubs more than subs, and I always feel that watching subs take away from the immersion of watching a show and I can't focus on the art and other thing in the anime as much as I would like. I thought the voice acting was pretty good for the series. I don't know if I heard her voice before, but I thought that the voice for Holo was good and I still can remember her voice like it was yesterday, and even though I've seen the Spice and Wolf about a year ago. I think I would've had a harder time liking the show if I had to watch the sub.
Nov 16, 2015 7:52 AM
Aug 2009
Royce said:
BashZeStampeedo said:
No, I meant "that guy who tries too hard to sound like he knows what he's talking about".
When I talk about topics like that one the chances are I am not making stuff up to sound smart, but I'm able to talk about it because I know a good deal about the subject from a technical standpoint and I like to speak on stuff coming from a subjective standpoint too.

That specific argument doesn't really hold up, though. Spice and Wolf is really not too dialogue-heavy, as you seem to believe it is. Many anime are even heavier and slower for longer periods of time, say Steins;Gate or Hyouka, yet they too are not considered relatively poor adaptations nor lacking in greatness. The devil is in the subjective details.

Maybe it won't sound as confrontational and will make more sense if I just suggest that next time, you simply state that the show didn't have anything that interested *you* to offset how dialogue-heavy it is. Others found plenty; body language, wit of dialogue, mood, music, economic ideas, and so on, but those are quite subtle, and you apparently aren't usually taken by them. Which is fine, as the point of reviews is usually to speak to those with similar tastes and give others a fresh perspective.

I basically just recommend not mixing objectivity with subjectivity, unless you're going on far more than just gut instinct based on what you've seen in other anime/etc. The general case is unlikely to apply to a work which is so clearly an outlier in its given medium and genre, and making a pretty bold claim without substantiating it does both your review and the anime a disservice.

I realize how insistent and silly I must seem with this, but I truly enjoy good arguments and debates about such things, yet I didn't really get either. What I got was the equivalent of "trust me, I know what I'm talking about, it's too dialogue-heavy... even though I seem to have missed all these other aspects of the anime, which kinda contradicts that I know what I'm talking about." But I'm not trying to be harsh, so much as make a suggestion (I'm just a very insistent person).
BashZeStampeedoNov 16, 2015 8:03 AM
Nov 23, 2015 7:51 PM

Dec 2013
The last 3 episodes got really exciting. Love the ending tho. Hoping for their romance to develop kkkk. Will surely watch the second season.

★━━─
𝘏𝘰𝘸 𝘤𝘢𝘯 𝘐 𝘣𝘳𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘱𝘦𝘢𝘤𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘮𝘺 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘵?
𝘞𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘐 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘬 𝘢𝘣𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘪𝘵 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺 𝘥𝘢𝘺?

Dec 19, 2015 5:52 PM

Aug 2014
Nice finale , even though it is not something that great but at least it was not bad or disappointing .

Animation : 6/10 - Average Animation
Art : 8/10 - Good
Sound : 9/10 - loved the sound in this anime I liked how much natural sounds were added ( weird :P ) , Great voice acting , good OST .
Story : 8/10 - very nice story
Characters : 8/10 - Holo is amazing , one of my favorite characters of all anime , Lawrence is a good character too , Nora also good , the rest of the side characters felt real and they were all acceptable .
Value : 7/10
Enjoyment : 7/10 - enjoyed every scene with Holo.

I'll add 2 points as a bonus for the chill settings ( liked them ) in the first episodes .

Overall : 7.8/10

Very Good Romantic Historical Drama .
Jan 3, 2016 5:09 PM
Jan 2016
Great anime! Great episode!!
Mar 11, 2016 5:44 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
At first, I didnt get what was soo good about this series, I tried reading the LN first, and eventually got distracted by other stuff, the anime just like the LN was slow at first, but it builts up into you, and when it does, it sticks there. Everything helps, the soundtrack is charming and manages to add deep to the scenes, the art is great, the story while simple, just like the setting, it is engrossing, and Holo and Lawrence bickering is so funny and refreshing to see.
Also the OP is a beast of its own, the music is just amazing, it told so much to me, with was a great pick and definitly sets the mood for the more serious stuff that happens, and the ED is also charming and cute in its own way.
9/10
Mar 14, 2016 3:03 PM

Feb 2012
Lawrence, literally saved by the bell.

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Mar 24, 2016 5:54 PM

May 2013
After so long, I finally got around to watching this anime. Such a comfy watch. I liked the chemistry between Lawrence and Holo, I found it very entertaining to watch. Holo ez best character, dialogue was very funny as well. Looking forward to watching season 2 sometime in the future. :)
*insert cringey anime reference here*
Apr 26, 2016 7:32 PM

Jan 2015
A very lovely anime. I really enjoyed their conversations and romance. I learned a lot about economics too. I will miss this show and will definitely be coming back to it. :D

8/10
Jun 11, 2016 11:17 PM
Jul 2015
Eh... This was ok. So much economics felt tedious tho. 6/10
Jul 27, 2016 10:02 PM

Jul 2013
I enjoyed this a lot more than I thought I would. It was bit slow at first but that didn't bother me at all. The thing I love most about this series is the interactions between Lawrence and Holo. They're just so cute together <3 Kinda sad we didn't get a kiss at the end but I know they'll get together later on.

Looking forward to starting the second season. I also need to order the rest of the light novel so that I can finish the story. I've had volume 1 on my shelf for awhile now, just never got round to reading it. Can't wait to get the rest of the novels so that I can binge read them all.
Sep 8, 2016 2:26 AM

Oct 2012
"Your name is shorter"
Seriously?
Both are have 4 letters, Horo & Nora.. Though saying Horo fast is easier than Nora

Well no one die, I guess it's okay for ending? xD
"Signature removed"
Oct 14, 2016 4:39 AM

May 2009
Since people have been recommending this anime to me a lot I felt like giving it a try.. However... It turned out more boring than I imagined.
I'm not saying it's entirely bad, it's just that I didn't really like the story and got a bit bored with it. I expected quite a lot since the rating is quite high and people around me got excited when I talked about Spice and Wolf.

It might just be me not getting the story or something.. but the anime felt a bit dull to me. I guess the whole "wolves attacking" thing was cool.. but I guess I was just expecting more of the story.

5/10
check out my twitch: https://twitch.tv/slowy
Nov 15, 2016 11:03 AM

Nov 2011
Decent, a lot of things went over my head so just didn't enjoy it as much, really liked Holo, Lawrence was kinda of a dud but he's getting there, will watch s2. 6.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Nov 26, 2016 8:59 AM

Nov 2015
What a great final episode! I'm relieved things weren't too stressful for the happy couple haha I love seeing them interact.
Dec 30, 2016 2:24 PM

Dec 2013
Haha, I love how Lawrence teased Horo at the end :D
And Horo is so damn cute, especially when she's angry.
Dec 31, 2016 3:03 PM

Feb 2015
I'm so fucking glad that the dog didn't die there. I seriously would have dropped the series right there and then if Holo had killed him.

Anyway, yeah, I really enjoyed this anime. Had kept this off for a long time because I couldn't find much reason to start watching it other than knowing it's considered a masterpiece by many, but I'm glad that I did decide to check it out. 8/10
Mar 3, 2017 8:27 AM

Aug 2014
Lawrence is such a troll lmao, and Holo is as adorable as ever :P This show surely had a slow start, but it was damn interesting from start to end, even thought the whole trading thing could get rather confusing at times and requires some rewatches for me <-< 8/10!
Apr 1, 2017 10:32 AM

Aug 2013
I haven't watched such a good show in a while.
9/10
The closer you get to the light,the greater your shadow becomes.
Jun 8, 2017 10:31 PM

May 2014
A very nice series, it's nice to have a change of pace with a mature, adult cast and a plot that is believable and relatable instead of over-emphasized drama. It was incredibly satisfying to see Lawrence comfortable with Holo in her true form and not afraid.

Honestly, most of the business stuff (especially in the first two thirds) went way over my head. The whole "this company playing this company to manipulate this currency to benefit this company" was beyond me. I'll have to see if there's a blog or something that puts it all into Layman's terms.

Solid 8/10, looking forward to starting season 2.
Aug 4, 2017 3:29 PM

Jan 2014
I guess them making it to Yoitz will be covered in season 2 then.
Aug 25, 2017 12:40 AM

Oct 2015
This was my first watching a female wolf and i say i am impressed by her. I love wolves so much and prefer them than vamps (hence game of thrones Starks). Holo and Kraft make great companions and hope to see them in season 2.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Pages (7) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ookami to Koushinryou Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

cyruz - Jan 16, 2008

146 by GooseHybrid »»
Apr 17, 10:00 AM

» Vintage over modernity

JustSomeone15 - Apr 10

31 by Chronoes »»
Apr 17, 1:29 AM

Poll: » Ookami to Koushinryou Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

8GaugeBrett - Mar 6, 2008

154 by BetaMaleUltra »»
Apr 9, 4:01 PM

Poll: » Ookami to Koushinryou Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Asako - Feb 19, 2008

153 by BetaMaleUltra »»
Apr 4, 4:32 AM

Poll: » Ookami to Koushinryou Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

8GaugeBrett - Mar 18, 2008

133 by patkarunungan »»
Mar 30, 9:12 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.