Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 25, 2008 8:11 AM

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Such a great episode. <3 When Akari got spirited away, I knew Cait Sith would come for her. <3 I love this series so much.
May 6, 2008 2:46 PM

Mar 2008
i agree, it was pretty amazing. aria, apart from being a laid back slice-of-life also has a kind of mystery to it ~ about the parallel world of cats which seem to be quite inteligent and the large cat sait, the leader is mysterious. makes aria just the more unique and interesting! truely amazing
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 18, 2008 10:36 AM

Jan 2008
This episode would have been better if the lady in black were a dominatrix and had a bloody battle with Akari ontop of a gondola culminating in a stake (broken paddle) through the lady's neck, causing her to fall into the water and sink to its watery depths with a look of disbelief on her beautifully scarred face...

Or failing that, at least have Alicia slap Akari across the face after her explanation of where she had been that night, followed by "ARA!? You expect me to believe that!? Get out of my sight! Ara!"
"I'm starting to think mal is run by Xinil generating electricity on a bicycle." - idklol
May 18, 2008 12:17 PM

May 2008
This episode finally had some action: The Lady In The Black Dress pulled Akari's hand and made her RUN.

Dont get me wrong. I totally L*O*V*E this series.

"Krijg toch allemaal de klere. Val van mijn part allemaal dood."
May 19, 2008 8:32 AM

Jul 2007
I liked this episode. It was sooo typical from Akari to let the black lady on her gondola. ^^; And I want to hug the big cat too X3
May 22, 2008 11:18 AM

May 2008
I want to hug Akari and ask her to marry me <3

Jun 16, 2008 5:19 PM

Jan 2008
This was the most memorable episode of Aria so far :D
Jun 17, 2008 9:01 AM

May 2008
aero said:
This was the most memorable episode of Aria so far :D

The Burning Hair episode made the biggest impression on me.

Aug 4, 2008 10:11 PM

Oct 2007
Amsterdamned said:
I want to hug Akari and ask her to marry me <3

seriously =D

this was pretty action-packed for an Aria episode. The graveyard scene was actually pretty scary, but I love Cat Sith. He's so huge and huggable. What a hero.
Nov 8, 2008 5:03 PM

Jan 2008
A great episode~
Finally, a scary episode in Aria! When the lady in blacks head disappeared - my thoughts were --> "If I were Akari - I would be extremely scared~ >__<;;" I can't believe Alicia believe Akari's explanation~

Amazing sig set thanks to -DraGonZ-
Mar 24, 2009 5:41 PM

Aug 2008
I am surprised that this show even has a horror episode to boot.

I got freaked out when I saw the lady on the black dress suddenly pulled her in.

May 29, 2009 3:19 AM

Sep 2008
Somehow, I was not expecting Aria to have a horror episode. I definitely didn't think that if it did, then I would happen to watch it at 2 in the morning alone in a dark room >.<
Good one, though. I wonder if there's more to the whole cat thing, or if they're just going to have chance encounters every so often with Akari and thats it...
I can't believe Alicia actually believed her!
Jun 6, 2009 2:28 AM

Apr 2008
nice episode =] creepy episode xP haha~

Jul 3, 2009 9:28 AM

Feb 2008
Beatnik said:
I think the deeper subtext behind Aria is that Cait Sith is a pimp and in this episode he was just protecting one of his whores from a rival.
Oh man. That cracked me up.

Great episode, nice to see a different tone to Aria. I was a bit creeped out by that woman.
Jul 5, 2009 4:05 AM

Nov 2008
A most unexpected episode! And this moment just made my brains explode!

Credits for the av go to whispering-eden.livejournal.com =)
I used to be Dolce_Vitka here, but Vitka_Lynx is my nickname at alost all other sites, so I decided to take it here, too ^___^
Aug 18, 2009 1:44 AM

Jan 2009
Holy crap!! There was actually some danger in an Aria episode! Somebody call somebody XD!

Dec 29, 2009 11:36 AM

Mar 2008
amazing episode, was wonderfull and scary T_T, i love the mystery it gives a unique touch :)
Jan 2, 2010 5:16 PM

Jun 2008
yatsuslave said:
I am surprised that this show even has a horror episode to boot.

I got freaked out when I saw the lady on the black dress suddenly pulled her in.
Horror?? Just a touch. It came across as mysterious, esp. with the appearance of Cait Sith. Akira does have this tendacy to attract the mysteries of Neo-Venetia.
It was good to see Cait Sith again. I had a feeling he was going to make some kind of appearance when we saw the action of all the cats. They knew something was wrong.

Good episode.
What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?

Mar 7, 2010 6:11 PM

Aug 2009
HOLY MOTHERFOKER I WAS SUPRISED TO SEE A DIFFERENT KIND OF ARIA EPISODE. THIS EPISODE IS NOT THE USUAL EPISODE THAT YOU SEE IN ARIA. IT CAUGHT ME OFFGUARD MAN FUCKKK. I HATE HORROR KINDS MAN, IT FREAKS ME OUT. :( This one was lovely even though it was kind of scary.

Few things I loved in this episode were:
1. The ghost story Aika told to Akari. After Akari saw the black-dressed woman in the beginning and Aika told the story, I knew this is going to be a scary episode.
2. Akari going home very late at night. After I saw the setting I was like "OHH FUCK AKARI IS GOING TO GET SPRITIED AWAY FUCK."
3. The cats knew what's appening so probably the reason why they all gather is to inform Cait Sith about it.
4. The woman riding on Akari's boat. Man Akari could have denied her request but Akari's too kind to do that.
5. The graveyard island. I thought that woman was just an ordinary person that wanted to visit the graveyard but WTF SHE GRABBED AKARI'S ARM AND LATER ON SHOWED THAT SHE HAS NO FACE WTFFF.
6. The best moment was Cait Sith's appearance. Oh how happy I was after I saw him. I now know Cait Sith likes Akari. THOSE EYES WERE JUST HORRIFYING. ALL HAIL CAIT SITH.

I'm starting to think Cait Sith likes Akari. Who knows they might be together someday and Akari would become the cat queen, lol. Very good and lovely episode. It's good to see a different type of Aria episode.
Mar 7, 2010 11:42 PM

Oct 2008
That would have been freaky if I were in that position.
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Apr 17, 2010 6:38 PM

Sep 2009
What's this? Aria instilling genuine fear and anxiety in me? Am I in an alternate universe?

Haha, I was expecting some sort of cop-out like the woman being an actual good hearted human being, and the episode ends in an Aesop like "don't judge a book by its cover." I was very pleasantly surprised indeed. If I were Akari, I would have had a heart attack and died on the spot. XD
Apr 25, 2010 1:29 PM

Jan 2010
wth is this horror or relaxing after all xD

meh,overall it was an ok episode,not awesome...

3/5
Sayonara,papa!

"Just how a mirror reflects you,people will also reflect your heart."
~Athena Glory,Aria

"Whatever happens,happens"
~Spike Spiegel's thoughts on dying(Cowboy Bebop)
May 1, 2010 7:01 PM

Jun 2009
Akari survived T_T

I was scared for her life, I knew there's 3 seasons Aria, but I just feared for her life. Guess I've bonded with the character Akari more than I thought I did. Watching this episode made me realize jsut how much I really care for/adore the character Akari.T_T

Thank god Cait Sith is there to save her. I thought the woman in black is just a mourner... I thought that this is going to be a fake scare episode, but as soon as she grabbed Akari's arm, claim that she want Akari to be with her forever, then talk about how they are "friends" while slowly losing half her face made me spit my coffee.

Wanna hug and protect Akari so much. T_T F*cking evil supernatural being, stay away from sweet Akari. Can't take seeing her scared and tired like that.

Overall, this episode is not as strong as most of Aria the Natural, but this episode is special in it's own way.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 6, 2010 1:22 PM

Aug 2008
Okay this episode came without warning.
I'm not easily spooked but this ep creeps me out a little.
Still I love it! <3333
Dec 8, 2010 12:53 AM

Nov 2007
Never in a million minute I would have guessed such an episode. It was really scary, and all I wanted to do was to have some relax after a tired day. and things got worse since I was alone in my place, and watched this one just around 1 am. I am not watching ARIA for relaxation anymore. (just kiddin' ARIA is LOVE)

Ara~ Ara~

Loved it when Alicia-san said "Oh, so that's what happened!"
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Dec 28, 2010 11:10 PM
Dec 2009
lol'd, it actually frightened me a little, especially since it's late right now... but it was cute when Akari was snuggling with Cat Sith.. Whenever they tell stories that seem impossible, it always happens to Akari.. this was a good episode :]
tag©.androgynous
Apr 7, 2011 10:45 PM

Feb 2011
i think i'm loving aria more >_< i never though that aria has this kind of episode, indeed was quite scary.

and thanks caith sith for saving our akari ♥
Feb 8, 2012 1:57 PM

Oct 2009
Moonfrost said:
HOLY MOTHERFOKER I WAS SUPRISED TO SEE A DIFFERENT KIND OF ARIA EPISODE. THIS EPISODE IS NOT THE USUAL EPISODE THAT YOU SEE IN ARIA. IT CAUGHT ME OFFGUARD MAN FUCKKK. I HATE HORROR KINDS MAN, IT FREAKS ME OUT. :( This one was lovely even though it was kind of scary.

Few things I loved in this episode were:
1. The ghost story Aika told to Akari. After Akari saw the black-dressed woman in the beginning and Aika told the story, I knew this is going to be a scary episode.
2. Akari going home very late at night. After I saw the setting I was like "OHH FUCK AKARI IS GOING TO GET SPRITIED AWAY FUCK."
3. The cats knew what's appening so probably the reason why they all gather is to inform Cait Sith about it.
4. The woman riding on Akari's boat. Man Akari could have denied her request but Akari's too kind to do that.
5. The graveyard island. I thought that woman was just an ordinary person that wanted to visit the graveyard but WTF SHE GRABBED AKARI'S ARM AND LATER ON SHOWED THAT SHE HAS NO FACE WTFFF.
6. The best moment was Cait Sith's appearance. Oh how happy I was after I saw him. I now know Cait Sith likes Akari. THOSE EYES WERE JUST HORRIFYING. ALL HAIL CAIT SITH.

I'm starting to think Cait Sith likes Akari. Who knows they might be together someday and Akari would become the cat queen, lol. Very good and lovely episode. It's good to see a different type of Aria episode.

And that says a guy, who has a avatar with Alucard from "Hellsing", which in every episode is being flowed hundred litres of blood..
あらあら。。。
Feb 8, 2012 1:58 PM

Oct 2009
I laughed when Alice scared Akari.
Nice. Was even kinda creepy. 5/5. Oh, also, maybe it's just me, but it was kinda dissapointing for me that that woman just run away from Keito Sito. I WANTED A FREAKIN' BATTLE!
あらあら。。。
May 21, 2012 7:48 AM

May 2010
I'm just impressed at how well this was put together. If Sato had decided to direct horror anime instead of slice-of-life, I get the feeling he would have done just as well, if not better.
“Money can't buy dere”
Jul 31, 2012 3:46 AM

May 2008
That Ghost story actually happen!

Akari was really in big trouble.. Good thing that Cait Sith showed up at
the right time to save Akari.
Vitka_Lynx said:
A most unexpected episode! And this moment just made my brains explode!
That indeed was an awesome Entrance!

TechDragonJul 31, 2012 5:24 PM
Sep 6, 2012 11:14 PM

Feb 2012
It isn't that far fetched of an episode really. Akari is sensitive to these sort of things and attracted something dangerous to her. But it still has a happy ending and shows that Cait Sith is the boss of Neo-Venice and no one threatens his beloved? undine. I just hoped Alicia would have gotten at least a little mad at her, but maybe she saw that she is scared and had already learned her lesson from the ordeal.
Sep 8, 2012 5:14 AM

Sep 2012
What with this episode ? A scary and dangerous moment in Aria ? Wooohoooo.

Cait Sith. This cat is awesome. The way he saved Akari truly relieved me.
Oct 21, 2012 6:31 PM

Apr 2012
Cait Sith is so boss. And yeah, Akari is almost too nice for this world, Aqua might not be a colony devoid of danger after all.
Jan 5, 2013 11:02 PM

May 2012
Caith sith to the rescue! But lol to know that her story was right :p Nice and mysterious episode ^^
Feb 11, 2013 7:48 AM
Dec 2011
Watching this episode at 2 PM in dark room is scary
Feb 23, 2013 1:14 PM

Aug 2008
Beatnik said:
This episode would have been better if the lady in black were a dominatrix and had a bloody battle with Akari ontop of a gondola culminating in a stake (broken paddle) through the lady's neck, causing her to fall into the water and sink to its watery depths with a look of disbelief on her beautifully scarred face...

Or failing that, at least have Alicia slap Akari across the face after her explanation of where she had been that night, followed by "ARA!? You expect me to believe that!? Get out of my sight! Ara!"

I wish you'd write this show..
Apr 1, 2013 12:44 PM
Feb 2013
Watched the episode late at night without knowing that it'd be scary. Freaked out when the women in black's head vanished. Great episode.
May 25, 2013 12:12 AM

Sep 2012
Cait Sith is a bro.
Really good episode.
PseudoJord said:
I was expecting some sort of cop-out like the woman being an actual good hearted human being, and the episode ends in an Aesop like "don't judge a book by its cover".

Same, this was a surprise.
After this I kinda want to have tons of cats and take care of them, maybe someday they will return the favor :D
Jun 15, 2013 10:15 PM

Mar 2013
2spooky5me
Jul 9, 2013 4:32 PM

Jun 2013
Would never have expected anything resembling horror from Aria, the most heartwarming anime ever!

I'm usually ok with horror, but I let my guard down when im watching Aria, so this ep definitely creeped me out. Mild horror is a lot more terrifying when you're expecting heartwarming, and watching it alone at 3 in the morning in the dark.

(Horray for my first post~)
Jul 31, 2013 3:01 AM

Aug 2010
Whoa, I wasn't expecting such a dark side to Aria...this was probably the first time Akari was actually in danger, good thing Caith Sith saved her, her attitude towards cats paid off. Alicia believed her story way too easily though (unless she herself had similar experiences). Very good episode 5/5.
Aug 15, 2013 11:15 PM

Jun 2012
It's okay Akari you're safe now ;_;

Seeing Akari scared/sad was too much after getting to know her personality after all these episodes. She's one of those girls you just want to take care of for the rest of your life

As I saw the veil slowly going over the woman's face I was like "FUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!" haha

On a side note, while I like the relaxing nature the show is usually in, the episodes which have more supernatural elements/involving Cait Sith are definitely the more engaging ones
HybridMBLAug 15, 2013 11:23 PM
Aug 24, 2013 2:02 PM

Aug 2012
Scary!!! >.<
Sep 6, 2013 5:40 PM

Dec 2012
Hmm, I was surprised to see an episode of this nature in Aria. It certainly took me off guard and was a nice break from the usual.
Oct 15, 2013 3:16 PM

Oct 2009
OOoooo quite a different episode! Nice horror-esque ep, Akari was in danger this time o.o! Cats to the resuceee.

Aria sencho was so cute :3
Nov 15, 2013 5:13 PM

Apr 2012
I knew the lady wasn't alive.. I recently saw a anime where the characters were dead and you didn't find out until the end, but their lack of shadows gives it away, if you noticed, so since then i always check for the shadow factor:3
Mar 6, 2014 2:44 AM

Nov 2011
I loved this episode soo much, so glad that I started watching Aria it's an amazing series so far and if it only gets better I can't wait to see what's next.

This episode though wow, it was something different for sure and so very enjoyable. Cait Sith :D I just love it when Cait Sith appears though when he saved Akari that was truly amazing :D
Mar 8, 2014 3:32 AM

Aug 2013
Cait Sith to the rescue! I knew Akari was going to get spirited away (attempted lol) but it was still creepy. Alice is right, Akari attracts a lot of supernatural things. I wonder if we'll ever get a horror spin-off. Aqua's an interesting setting :p
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Apr 30, 2014 9:56 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Aika telling that ghost story to Akari lol.

Akari gives a ride to that lady and somehow Cait Sith is at the braveyard. Wonder if he likes Akari or likes her caring personality.

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Aria the Natural Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

aero - Jun 4, 2008

55 by Araragi »»
Mar 24, 7:22 PM

Poll: » Aria the Natural Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

aero - May 28, 2008

52 by KonokoAsada »»
Feb 20, 12:43 PM

Poll: » Aria the Natural Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Trie - May 14, 2008

75 by 1Konochi »»
Sep 12, 2023 9:48 AM

Poll: » Aria the Natural Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

aero - May 20, 2008

79 by Petrius »»
Sep 1, 2023 8:59 AM

Poll: » Aria the Natural Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

aero - Jun 7, 2008

61 by 1Konochi »»
Aug 24, 2023 4:04 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.