Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Mar 24, 2008 9:58 PM

Jul 2007
Yeah, like everyone else,I agree that this was a lame ending, and not one of the better episodes of RM. Nothing was really wrapped up, and instead we're left with a feel-good episode that answers less than one-tenth of the questions that have been raised.

The only hope for RM is that the light novels will get translated, but I don't see that happening.
Mar 25, 2008 1:05 AM

Jun 2007
This anime was overall boring rlly. =.=;
Well Nekoyashiki and his loincloth made the whole anime worth the watch.
Actually Nekoyashiki and Mikan were pretty cool characters.
Everybody else was very "Meh..."
Itsuki is gay for Fin <3

Mar 25, 2008 1:20 AM
Dec 2007
The ending was so open that we can easily expect a second season. I agree with you RIchard_Omega, I would give Rental a deserved 7,5 if the conclusion was really conlusive, but I guess I'll rate it 7 after all.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Mar 25, 2008 12:58 PM

Feb 2008
I dunno why but this ending reminds me a lot of Xenosaga ep3:

Things that makes this episode bad:
-Horribly poor amount of Mikan and Kuroha goodness
-They cut out Mikan/Kuroha/Sekiren vs The Dragon action
-Asmodai did nothing special and Honami's trump card looked just like a regular Celtic spell
-Itsuki didn't went GAR and give Fin an awesome Pwnage

Things that makes this episode (quite) alright:
-Itsuki giving the Dragon Loli a name^^ (Dunno why Honami blushed,though..)
-Possibly there will be a second season
-Sekiren finally launched the Secret Weapons under his sleeves...,and ZEXCS cut it T-T

Overall: 7/10...

Still,i'm still clueless about several things in RM.. Was that dragon Mikan-tachi was fighting is the same Loli Dragon Itsuki was talking to..?

And how old is Mikan,actually? (Yea,one random question before this underrated anime got finally forgotten by ppl T-T) I know she's an Elementary schoolgirl(since she has that red backpack) but i remembered one early episode where Kagezaki went to Astral and found how the group didn't "act" like a Rental Magica. There's one slight shot where they show a Math exercise book with "6x2=?" and "8+5=?" type of questions. Well,those looked like some questions for first/second grader so that means.... Mikan is 7yrs-old? HOW LOLI~ <3
Mikan-complexMar 25, 2008 1:08 PM
Mar 25, 2008 1:55 PM

Oct 2007
Crenshinibon said:
I'm holding out for another season, although I honestly don't think it's very likely there will be one. The ending was kind've "meh", but the show as a whole has been decent.
Faust721 said:
I found the end to be alright. I wish there were more of GAR Itsuki though. For a final battle, it felt really weak. Overall, I'm giving this show a 7.
Mar 25, 2008 2:36 PM
Oct 2007
i gotta say guys, i feel like i wasted 23 eps of my anime time after watching the 24th ep

mistake, i wasted 24 ep of my anime time
Mar 25, 2008 3:52 PM

Dec 2007
I think it was okay, but nothing special
7/10

Mar 25, 2008 4:43 PM

Aug 2007
It didn't live up to the GARness shown in previous episodes...I don't think there was much hype for the last episode...but at least live up to the GAR! The whole ITSUKI PUNCH! routine was already played in the Addy Dad Arc thingy...and knowing that Itsuki is capable of such GARness, that punch just doesn't cut it anymore...

One of the more obvious reasons as to why jumbling around the order of the episodes just doesn't work out...

All we have to know is that aMikan is loli, that's pretty much enough for everyone xD
Mar 25, 2008 8:55 PM

Oct 2007
Yeah, the last 2 episodes were pretty good but they didn't grip me like some of the previous episodes in the show have.

Although in the war between Addy/Itsuki and Honami/Itsuki I have to consider the ultimate victory going to Honami!!

Honami/Itsuki FTW!!!!
Mar 26, 2008 1:33 PM

Oct 2007
DigimonTamer said:
Yeah, the last 2 episodes were pretty good but they didn't grip me like some of the previous episodes in the show have.

Although in the war between Addy/Itsuki and Honami/Itsuki I have to consider the ultimate victory going to Honami!!

Honami/Itsuki FTW!!!!

Negative. I have to disagree. They didn't really show any development between the characters as far as they're concerned. The last episode was just like the first, I really don't think their relationship has gotten any closer at all.

Addy, however, had many close spots with Itsuki during the show. She cuddled on his chest when he was at the hospital, she kissed him (even if it was for a dumb summoning thing), and they were out on a date when Fin showed up. I still consider Addy the clear victor, sorry. =(
Mar 29, 2008 1:17 AM
Sep 2007
Give it a 6/10, it felt like nothing really happened during this whole anime, just minor little arcs. Hell most of it felt almost filler like, while I just go read the manga to see if its any better.
Hi
Mar 29, 2008 9:37 PM

Nov 2007
I really hope they do another season since the Light Novel has a lot more after this point including another character joining Astral, conspiracy in the association, im bad with names but the martial arts mage and adi's sister feelings for each other continue to grow, and a lot more.

Also in the Light Novel Jin wanted to absorb the Dragon into his glam sight, but failed because Itsuki ended up absorbing it making his glam sight much more powerful.
Mar 30, 2008 5:32 AM

Nov 2007
Too plain ending,hope an OVA solves the issue =/
Mar 30, 2008 9:34 PM
Nov 2007
disappointed with the ending... i was hoping that itsuki would defeat fin by himself with the moves he learned from sekiren (i think thats his name) and/or tame the dragon and use its powers or something like that...
Aug 23, 2008 7:04 PM

Jul 2007
Ah well, this boring anime got a little better after all, but mostly because of the nice girls. 7/10
Sep 19, 2008 2:32 PM
Dec 2007
Chikko said:
*sigh* after all that tension we get a boring ending.

That's what I tought:(

c'mon, it could've been more 'original' :/
Oct 28, 2008 3:12 PM

Jan 2008
The show was great, I enjoyed ( it wasn't great, but certainly worth watching!!!) every episode. The first episode was too lame for words, but after that it went from vague to Very Nice.

This episode was not an ending at all, just the ending of a random arc-ish episode. Too bad there isn't a season 2 (that I know of).

8/10

Hope you all enjoyed it ;)
Greetz,
Wyvr
~de Arimasu
Nov 19, 2008 11:45 PM

Nov 2007
it was an iffy/somewut/meh/ok/anime...
Dec 2, 2008 4:07 PM

Aug 2007
This show was altogether disappointing and I suppose I stuck through the end because I don't like watching something half way. Bad idea. Nothing was really resolved, they never even showed a picture really of his father, never developed that aspect of the story even though it was the fact that his father went missing (notice that he did not die) that Itsuki even was able to take over. Is it just me or is nobody concerned that Itsuki practically was abandoned without any real reason?

All in all, a series I wouldn't recommend to anybody. The only decent thing about the anime? The art was very well done. Other than that, not much else to say.
Dec 20, 2008 4:26 PM

Nov 2007
I'd have to agree that ending was a little corny D: I'm a little put off by it @_@, sigh so anti-climatic D: but oh well ...
Jan 8, 2009 9:12 PM
Jan 2009
episode 24 was good i liked it but i'm happy they didn't use that ep to end the series, instead it was ep 21
Jan 8, 2009 9:17 PM
Jan 2009
people you do realize that this wasn't the last episode right? i hear that you are all disapointed by this ep but episode 21 is really episode 24 because this anime is not in chrnological order for more info go to wikipedia and you will see the correct order
Mar 24, 2009 6:26 AM

Apr 2008
Overall: 10/10 ^.^
Jun 10, 2009 8:37 PM

Jul 2007
Just finished this series, left it halfed watched when it was aired, were some ok plot scenes, but nothing that jumped higher than a 7/10 from me.

The things that i was most interested in, that was never even addressed, was what happened to the leads father and the other old members of astral.
Jan 11, 2010 3:13 PM

Aug 2009
*sigh*
What a lame ending! :(
Where's his father?
And seriously, they should beat the crap out of all the villains. :(
Honami is way too stupid.
The ultimate demon is kinda mehh. :(
Apr 29, 2010 8:32 PM

Jun 2009
Very entertaining anime but i'm disapointed the way it ended...

Everybody was so kind that they dont give a damn if they were almost dead 1 hour ago... no problem we forgive the world.

I realy dont like this kind of ending.
Jul 5, 2010 2:36 AM
Feb 2010
Mostly what really got me about this one was that they never brought up that Honami just decided on her own to do something that would radically change Itsuki's life and body and could get all her friends killed. Bad enough she didn't say anything to anyone else, but she didn't even bother asking Itsuki what he wanted.

Forcing something like that on him was a betrayal of his friendship far worse than anything else she had done before. When she invited him to the mansion she gave him a choice!
May 8, 2012 1:03 PM

Jan 2012
i really liked this anime . the final ep was just so-so first 10 mins i was very excited but the "resolution" gave me no closure. however i do like the characters and story enuf to mebbe see if i cud find the manga and give it a looksie
Mar 7, 2013 9:17 AM

Mar 2011
It was a nice series overall. It was kinda annoying that the episodes were kinda mixed up but I managed to find a chronological list.
Jun 13, 2014 12:23 PM

May 2012
For this to be the chronological order its ending it was very very disappointing but well so was the whole show actually, not was the pace unbelievable horrible the whole development of the characters and story was pretty meh...

I really can't say that I liked this one bit, it was pretty generic and meh and well if I didn't had this rule of myself to not drop a single anime I would've dropped it a long time ago.
Nov 20, 2015 2:25 AM

Feb 2010
It's burbels speaking from 2015, no second season here or planning!

I feel that all what is good about this anime comes from the novels, so I shouldn't honestly rate it high. Probably around 6 or 7.

Kotori said:
Ah well, this boring anime got a little better after all, but mostly because of the nice girls. 7/10

My point.
Hell is empty and all the devils are here.
Feb 1, 2018 6:29 PM

Oct 2011
neat series. love the soundtrack

Apr 7, 2018 11:46 AM

May 2013
I watched it in chronological order and show's story still makes no sense and is boring with lame plot twists.

Jun 30, 2021 7:28 AM
Jun 2021
Today is 30 june 2021 and i am still waiting miracle from rental❌magica will return with a lot story , i believe there's a lot untold story from rental❌magica , my wish is i hope you will return and make a lot story like Naruto journey but now Boruto journey and i hope rental❌magica will do it next
Jun 30, 2021 7:28 AM
Jun 2021
Today is 30 june 2021 and i am still waiting miracle from rental❌magica will return with a lot story , i believe there's a lot untold story from rental❌magica , my wish is i hope you will return and make a lot story like Naruto journey but now Boruto journey and i hope rental❌magica will do it next
Sep 1, 2021 7:15 AM
Aug 2016
Usually the cuting off romantic moments is luring folks to support the original source and keep the cash running. Though its pretty obvious Itsuki picked Addy more than Honami.

I don't have much feelings for both girls, I like Loli Mikan more. But to be honest, last two episodes are much favorable to Addy, she is proactive regards to Itsuki. Honami is pretty much the same but her pride and guilty will hinder her attitude towards Itsuki. And yep even audience can't reason her actions, just like me.

But if there's one point that I don't like Honami for sure, last minute she betray Fin and trying to sacrifice him? That whole part has weird pacing, I don't even know who should I dislike more, Fin or Honami.
Dec 27, 2022 2:04 AM
Jun 2016
So, which couple win?
And how about Honoka in last chapter novel!
Dec 13, 2023 10:08 AM
Dec 2021
great anime, liked it a lot.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Do you think it had potential?

irrfan1378595783 - May 9, 2021

2 by irrfan1378595783 »»
Mar 27, 10:55 AM

Poll: » Rental Magica Episode 19 Discussion

PimpToad - Feb 17, 2008

20 by MinTsubasa »»
Aug 28, 2021 8:14 AM

Poll: » Rental Magica Episode 13 Discussion

PimpToad - Jan 6, 2008

21 by MinTsubasa »»
Aug 9, 2021 8:43 AM

Poll: » Rental Magica Episode 6 Discussion

Faust721 - Nov 11, 2007

25 by MinTsubasa »»
Aug 3, 2021 6:49 AM

Poll: » Rental Magica Episode 21 Discussion

PimpToad - Mar 2, 2008

32 by FlamingMangos »»
Apr 12, 2021 4:35 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.