Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Feb 14, 2016 7:32 AM

Aug 2014
I like black Nana more, and I liked the scene where she runs away while Ren catches her and asks her to play in band.this was rly nice

I dont understand this thing with Nana going inside the train and then runs out. It looks like the other guys didn't know about it but Nana and Ren planned it but why?
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ちゅっ ちゅっ キス (´。✪ω✪。`)

I hate it when anime/manga that I enjoyed ends, especially when there could be much longer plot and when I love main heroine :P

I wish I had magic glasses that let me see real world in anime colors ;)
Apr 11, 2016 9:06 AM
Sep 2015
Needless to say that even the first episodes qere strong at drama, but this was the particular episode, when I just stared at the monitor while the credits was rolling, and attempted to gather my thought and emotions and such.

This was the episode where I felt the strongest that no matter, what is our gender, where are we from, or what we've been through, but in the end, we all have similar hard times in our life, and...

...and it was simply touching.
Jun 30, 2016 5:00 AM
Jul 2018
i love how real the second story felt, although in its context it would be less realistic than the first one, great adaption !
Jul 24, 2016 4:31 PM

Nov 2015
I have no idea what's going to happen between Dark Nana and Ren, though I hope they'll get together again.
I bet Dark Nana will form a new band, and that ine of their members will end up with Happy Nana (or so I've heard...)
Dec 29, 2016 7:46 PM

Sep 2015
I feel like Nobu might have had feelings for Nana way before she fell in love with Ren. If so, feelsbadman.
Feb 28, 2017 8:50 PM

Mar 2015
Strong feels in this episode
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Jul 15, 2017 11:59 PM

Jan 2016
I'm bothered because this is both the best and the worst episode I've seen. Now, there are, of course, WAY more pros than cons, but the con weighed pretty heavily.

CON:
The story flow was ATROCIOUS. Completely illogical and frustrating. I thought this was just a mistake of the previous episode, but it was intensified during this episode. I felt like a child playing that game where you're trying to organize the scenes based on when they most logically would happen. I had to watch segments of this episode several times over because it made no sense in the orders that I was putting them in. They didn't even make attempts to make scenes look like flashbacks.

PROS:
Literally everything else. Wow, the character development was invigorating. I'm in love with the characters and their backstories in just two episodes. They used a good mixture of character types, and I'm glad to see many male characters for once---it makes it somewhat more realistic than the constant fanservice, you know? This seems like an anime where it had been worked hard on.

This is a more general thing, but the visuals are also really vibrant. Also, it was able to pull my heartstrings early on. I liked seeing even Ren crying when departing on the train, despite his tough shell.

The story progression was realistic and shows they know background knowledge of how this stuff works. It seems like a real story with real people.

Alright, I'm done, just had to get this out early. Despite the terrible con, I can tell this is going to be an amazing series. I kinda left this comment as a note to myself early on as well, as a sort of refresher of my thoughts and the story early on.
primaskiJul 16, 2017 12:02 AM
Jul 19, 2017 5:08 PM

Nov 2016
Yep, that was fantastic, 5 episodes in and this show is already hitting the right spot. Drama was well executed and above else it was relateable for me in a way.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Sep 5, 2017 12:18 PM

Nov 2016
Still trying to see the appeal of the show
Apr 7, 2018 1:37 PM

May 2016
Osaki Nana's past is so damn sad.
Dec 3, 2018 8:34 PM
Sep 2017
Damn with episode really got to me... having had to make the same decision to say goodbye to someone truly special to me, its been just a few months but the pain is still there, I wonder what the future holds for me.
Dec 25, 2018 8:05 AM

Jul 2014
Wow I just wish i picked it faster, it's a really good show. I actually like both Nanas haha. I think the background episodes are over, I really like the stories so far.
"That smile was like the sun on a hot summer day...with eyes like ice."
Mar 6, 2019 12:18 PM
Apr 2016
Nana's past...sad love, unfortunate love...so, that explains everything from both sides.
Apr 17, 2019 6:22 AM

Oct 2012
Sure, left your friends because you got a contract
Luck is on your side, for now :P

This Nana is more mature than Blonde Nana xD
Shame her story is shorter
"Signature removed"
Oct 14, 2019 10:22 PM

Jun 2016
nice little backstory for NANA there. And we are back to the present time I guess.
May 26, 2020 1:29 AM

Jul 2015
This Nana is pretty amazing, making decisions for herself compared to the other Nana who just follows what others do.

Quite the emotional episode, I hope they reunite without any drama..

Nov 1, 2020 8:41 AM

Mar 2016
amazing. beautiful, strong, talented and independent.

Feb 9, 2021 7:01 PM

Aug 2007
I really liked this episode and here is some thoughs noboy asked.

Nana Ozaki knew when to let go someone; she know that hurts, and its difficut to say goodbye. With Ren, as she let us know, Found her esscence, her future and her dream. She knows how to be independent and not to depend in other person. She is a fighter.

Nana Komachi clings to someone because she need attention and because she thinks that someone has to take care of her. She doesn't want someone leaver her because the maybe thinks theyre ababdoning her. Remember how she reacted when her friends told her that they'll leave to Tokyo for studyng. She doesn't know what she want in the future, so she decided to save money and go to Tokyo with her friends only because.
Mar 25, 2021 12:52 AM

Jul 2020
Just here to say that this series is so good!!! Especially this episode. Damn!
Sep 12, 2021 6:27 PM

Jan 2010
"On my 20th birthday in March, I rewarded my hard work by buying myself a present. I purchased a one-way train ticket to Tokyo. And my luggage? All I need is a cigarette and my guitar."

NANA isn't the kind of anime I'd normally watch, as its particular style of drama is heavier than I'd like. However, its approach to personal dilemmas is definitely interesting, as well as the way they're presented through its soundtrack and visuals. While Nana Komatsu struggles to find support in others and a means to be more independent, Nana Ozaki's specifically wants independence without burdening others. They just about want the same things, but while Komatsu prefers to be with others, Ozaki wants enough strength to stand alone.

With Ozaki's backstory explained, I can see the parallels between the two Nanas, but I do find Ozaki's situation more interesting. She wants to be with Ren, but she also doesn't want to hold him back. Ren gave her a band to belong to, helped foster her singing talents, and a way to survive in the world, yet she can't do anything for him in return. While monologuing, she's apparently okay with being a meager housewife, but she quickly realized that she'd just be placing herself in a cage of her own creation.

Ren wants to move to Tokyo so he can debut in a professional band, and I think he'd be fine bringing Ozaki along. However, Ozaki, with her amateurish singing, wouldn't achieve the same level of success, and recognizes that she'd live with Ren, but not contribute much. So, she elects to stay behind, trying to build a reputation for herself while improving her singing. But I guess with how wistfully she drifts through the world, Ozaki, on impulse, bought a one way ticket to Tokyo with nothing but pluck and tenacity.

At this point, this really is the story of two young women who, without much to their names, journey to Tokyo with heavy hearts and wishful thinking. I'm interested to see how their friendship and enmity will develop back and forth.
ShockedJan 15, 2023 2:35 PM
Mar 6, 2022 2:57 PM
Dec 2017
another really nice episode

Feb 26, 2023 3:54 PM
Feb 2016
I loved it. The episode was really emotional, and Nana's background story is quite sad, especially towards the train scene. 
Mar 6, 2023 2:02 PM

May 2022
That was heartbreaking.

Do we have to choose teams in this story? Because Komatsu Nana irritates me. I want her to be happy, successful, lucky in love. But I don't want to be the friend she depends on...

But Osaki Nana (Black Nana?)... I am on Team Osaki Nana. After that heartbreaking backstory, I wanted to take her in my arms and make everything alright. I would be fine making her miso soup and cleaning the apartment everyday to help her dream come true. The smoking would get to me, but I believe in Osaki Nana. She has overcome so much in her short life. I have a feeling she is going to be fine. On second thought, she doesn't need a househusband. I'm not sure she needs anyone. You can do it, Osaki Nana!
Jul 6, 2023 9:13 AM
Apr 2020
The backstory in this episode was beautiful, I believe from here on, we start to see the present
Sep 19, 2023 3:48 PM
Apr 2021
I really enjoyed this episode. I was annoyed by Ren at first but seeing him crying on the train took my frustration away. I'm excited to see what happens when they (assumedly) reuinte in Tokyo later in the show.
Sep 26, 2023 12:35 PM
Oct 2020
Loved this episode. 10/10. So the backstory for both Nanas are done now.
Oct 15, 2023 5:18 AM
Sep 2023
WTFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF :(((((((((((((((((((((((((((9
Yesterday, 7:49 PM
Jan 2021
Great episode! Wrapped up both nanas' backstory very well.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » NANA Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Kayro - May 13, 2008

74 by nelsonnnn »»
Yesterday, 7:55 PM

Poll: » NANA Episode 8 Discussion

Vitka_Lynx - Jan 4, 2009

47 by nelsonnnn »»
Yesterday, 7:54 PM

Poll: » NANA Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

jacobpaige - Mar 23, 2008

57 by nelsonnnn »»
Yesterday, 7:52 PM

Poll: » NANA Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

jacobpaige - Mar 23, 2008

78 by nelsonnnn »»
Yesterday, 7:50 PM

Poll: » Nana Episode 47 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tainteddonut - Jul 28, 2007

388 by AoiHanaBara »»
Apr 20, 5:14 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.