Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 23, 2008 10:36 AM

Feb 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Poor Hagu-chan. Hope she cheers up on the last episode (T_T).
I also wonder if Takemoto will go back to his friends, or he'll just keep travelling around Japan (unless they do a small timeskip).

Also, I found the "axe of truth" and the old man (the man seemed like he was going to die at any moment) parts really funny xD

KinetaNov 25, 2012 9:41 AM
Sep 1, 2008 5:09 AM

Jan 2008
Kayro said:
I also wonder if Takemoto will go back to his friends, or he'll just keep travelling around Japan (unless they do a small timeskip).
Probably in the next episode :/
The kid is lol. "The chief told me to..." XD
Oct 5, 2008 2:16 PM

Nov 2007
baka kid.
If they want him to spend the bikemoney on food and such, but want the bike back, how will he travel back to tokyo from there?
May 10, 2009 9:07 PM

Aug 2008
I was thinking so too MaiZorbescu.

The part when Morita, Mayama and Hanamoto-sensei were talking was really interesting.

Wow, only an episode left.

May 12, 2009 8:50 AM

Jun 2008
ahahah miwako.. and the dog can actually see the "other miwako" hahaha... and that guy in red... funny.. its nice the takemoto met different people on his way...
May 29, 2009 7:33 AM

Jan 2008
I'm really curious how everything's going to work out in the last episode and whether all of them will solve their personal problems...

Plus, with the last few episodes, my interest in Takemoto's story has increased a lot!

Jun 11, 2009 6:58 AM

Mar 2009
I loved the axe of truth that was funny. Takemoto is really brave going that far.

Aug 24, 2009 10:29 PM

Jun 2009
Yeah, the last few episodes Takemoto has skyrocketed up my favorite characters in H&C.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Nov 15, 2009 5:30 PM

Jun 2008
Alicia3000 said:
I loved the axe of truth that was funny. Takemoto is really brave going that far.
And I love how the ED just fits so perfect right now, with Takemoto riding away. I don't want this anime to end I love everyone so much! Even occasionally stupid Hagu, <3
Dec 13, 2009 2:02 AM

Apr 2009
insan3soldiern said:
Yeah, the last few episodes Takemoto has skyrocketed up my favorite characters in H&C.

Yep, now I like him as much as I like Morita, who's been my favourite from the very beginning. Maaaybe even a little better ;)
I just love this story 'arc' with the journey. -sniff- makes me want to go on one myself.
- If you believe this place holds you, it is a prison.
If you do not wish to leave, it will become a fortress.

Current icon:
Kusuriuri from Mononoke
by pana (LJ username)
Jun 20, 2010 2:32 AM

Apr 2010
I don't get it how you people can like Takemoto so much. He's my least favourite character ever... I wish the next episode won't be full of him like this one.
Aug 19, 2010 8:42 PM

Sep 2009
Kugutsue said:
I don't get it how you people can like Takemoto so much. He's my least favourite character ever... I wish the next episode won't be full of him like this one.

XD Once again, what she said...

Way too much Takemoto, not enough Morita.
Dec 28, 2010 5:28 AM

Feb 2010
Kugutsue said:

Same. Well I dont like him, but I dont hate him either. He plays a major role in this anyway.

Even though the show is still putting out comedic scenes and stuff, it is becoming really hard to laugh it off. I am really drowned by all the painful scenes and cant seem to forget them.
Jan 8, 2011 6:43 AM
Oct 2010
I think I somehow understand the way Morita feels..., but my heart still broke a little when he pretended to avoid Hagu's topic while feeling so worried about her
Jan 8, 2011 6:48 AM
Oct 2010
I think I somehow understand the way Morita feels..., but my heart still broke a little when he pretended to avoid Hagu's topic while feeling so worried about her
Apr 15, 2011 12:09 PM

Feb 2010
Why do I like Takemoto? He is being honest with himself while facing questions the majority of people dread to acknowledge they have. Take that annoying brat of workers. He pretends that he is solid and tough personality because he started working at 16 and didn't have time to such "foolishness" Takemoto is having at his "leisure". But he is realy envious. An early start gave him a bit of self-determination but he doesn't seem at ease with his occupation. It was sort of decided on him and I see his reaction on Takemoto as an indication that he didn't have real self yet. I don't think anyone who has experienced a need of self-discovery and went on such a journey (not necessary by travelling some land) would be annoyed at Takemoto. It seems that he has much in common with Hagu. Difference in that she is extremely talented while fails at day-to-day activities and Takemoto does not have any exceptional gift in arts but is good at caring for people. And both Hagu and Takemoto were exeptionaly abused by Morita :) Does it realy has to be decided on one of them to be with Hagu? While their relationships overlap I don't see them as conflicting directly, unlike Yamada-Rika to Mayama. I don't think Morita even needs a woman in usual sense of it. I wonder what he will be like as an adult...
Hell is empty and all the devils are here.
May 29, 2011 8:45 AM

Jun 2009
I love the feeling I get that they all have mature a little.
I have learned so much things and realized some others.
I'm curious of how next ep will be since Takemoto is still traveling :/
Nov 14, 2011 2:43 PM

Sep 2010
Hagu looks a little older now O.o
Somehow, Morita is cute :3
𝓻𝓮𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓷 𝓽𝓸 𝓖𝓾𝓼𝓾 𝔀𝓲𝓽𝓱 𝓶𝓮

Jan 8, 2012 8:58 AM

May 2010
The parting makes me sad inside. It was short but probably memorable for Takemoto.

"The Chief told me to..." - lol

One episode left now.
Jun 17, 2012 11:56 AM

Oct 2008
Morita! Do something already! Cheer Hagu up or something! With one more episode to go, Takemoto will definitely be back soon! I wanna see some action! >_<
Jul 12, 2012 6:06 PM

Jan 2012
wow i don't give a shit about takemoto. i've been skipping his scenes the whole series. why did they think we would care
Jul 12, 2012 6:31 PM

Jun 2009
neenalie said:
why did they think we would care

I cared, in fact this was maybe my favorite sequence from the series. If you actually bothered to watch his scenes you may of cared too.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Aug 3, 2012 1:08 AM

Jul 2012
Takemoto has been my favourite character since the first few episodes, and he really grew on me in the latter half of the anime, in just how much I find a lot of similarities in the issues he's facing with the ones I'm facing. Every episode always gets me thinking what Takemoto is thinking: What do I really want to do with my life? Where am I going? What am I supposed to do?

I hope he finds what he's looking for, but still, even if he hasn't necessarily "found" anything, I just hope that at least, this journey of his taught him valuable lessons of life.
Sep 25, 2012 8:05 AM

Nov 2011
I've watched all the scenes and haven't skipped a single part, but I still don't really care for Takemoto. I have gotten to like the loli more though and all the rest of the main characters here, but I haven't really liked Takemoto's story at all since the start of the series. Maybe its just me, but this journey thing and what do I want in life thing isn't clicking for me.

"I like to expose what people hide. I'm an intellectual rapist." - Furudo Erika
Nov 18, 2012 2:39 AM

May 2012
Once again a nice episode, it seems we're now building up for the next final episode, hagu is still confused and most of the relations between all the male characters is complicated so nothing has positively improved I do hope this will change in the second season after the next final episode!
May 26, 2013 6:13 PM

Jan 2013
It’s a good thing the workers made him leave. If Takemoto stayed he would have never have learned why he set out in the first place. It’s understandable why he wanted to stay of course. He finally had a place to be where he was needed and was feeling rewarded with the happy smiles (and of course money) he got.

Mayama is going to have to decide what to do about Rika and Yamada. There’s no way out this time and I’m curious to see what happens. It’s not like he’s sure to end up with Rika either so it’ll be interesting.
-Nothing can stay unchanged. Even so, can you still keep on loving this place?

-Be still my soul; when change and tears are past, all safe and blessed we shall meet at last.
Dec 12, 2014 1:49 PM
Jul 2014
Really enjoyed this episode too.
Dec 14, 2014 4:33 PM

Nov 2011
I agree that Yamada isn't necessarily in love with Mayama anymore. After so long even love can die, and once it's dead there's hardly any way to go back. I feel bad for her.

Takemoto is in the same league as Morita and Yamada now, imo. His development has gotten a lot better.

Only one more episode. D:
Dec 16, 2014 11:44 AM

Jun 2009
Awesome episode, can't wait to see Takemoto's journey to Wakkanai. He's going to freeze his balls off in Winter.

Ninah said:
wow i don't give a shit about takemoto. i've been skipping his scenes the whole series. why did they think we would care

Haha, and you rated this series an 8? Sounds like you don't even like this anime since you're constantly skipping parts of every episode. God people like you are fucking retarded.
Apr 16, 2015 11:03 PM
Mar 2015
burbels said:
Why do I like Takemoto? He is being honest with himself while facing questions the majority of people dread to acknowledge they have. Take that annoying brat of workers. He pretends that he is solid and tough personality because he started working at 16 and didn&#039;t have time to such "foolishness" Takemoto is having at his "leisure". But he is realy envious. An early start gave him a bit of self-determination but he doesn&#039;t seem at ease with his occupation. It was sort of decided on him and I see his reaction on Takemoto as an indication that he didn&#039;t have real self yet. I don&#039;t think anyone who has experienced a need of self-discovery and went on such a journey (not necessary by travelling some land) would be annoyed at Takemoto. It seems that he has much in common with Hagu. Difference in that she is extremely talented while fails at day-to-day activities and Takemoto does not have any exceptional gift in arts but is good at caring for people. And both Hagu and Takemoto were exeptionaly abused by Morita :) Does it realy has to be decided on one of them to be with Hagu? While their relationships overlap I don&#039;t see them as conflicting directly, unlike Yamada-Rika to Mayama. I don&#039;t think Morita even needs a woman in usual sense of it. I wonder what he will be like as an adult...

Agree with everything you said! I also think that HaguxYuuta makes more sense than her and Morita. I can just see them together in the future. However, something tells me its not gonna be that simple.
And i am starting to like the gentle side of Rika.
Apr 21, 2015 5:18 AM

Aug 2014
I'm very interested in the story of love Ayu. At the moment hesitated because of love, someone broke them. Will Ayu move hearts?
Jun 13, 2015 4:51 AM

Jul 2009
I hope Yamada give up on Mayama, she deserves better.
Takemoto wont come back so soon it seems :(
Jun 30, 2015 1:49 PM

Jul 2013
Yes I wondered how he would get back to Tokyo if he had to give the bike back.

Dog seeing the other Miwako was funny.

Yes, I think Hagu would make more sense with Yuuta than Shinobu too.
Nov 26, 2015 7:48 AM

Dec 2012
Lol @ Takemoto looking like a happy housewife.

Yep, this show just keeps pressing all of the right buttons. I really like what the chief had to say about how a fulfilling life is more important than one where you get all of the answers. It's a lesson I spent one year too many to realize. Strangely enough though, it seemed like a given once I found a direction to move in. Even though admittedly I'm still wandering through a dark tunnel, it doesn't feel like I'm stuck in a loop anymore.

A little side note but Hagu actually looked like a young woman in this episode. Kind of wish they had gone for that design from the beginning as opposed to the loli midget.
Jan 6, 2017 2:24 PM

Feb 2008
The Axe of Truth always hits unexpectedly hard.
Jan 16, 2017 7:45 PM

Jan 2013
Fantastic episode, liked the awkward confrontation.
Wonder if things will change with Hagu now.
Apr 9, 2017 9:18 PM

Nov 2013
Finally, this series is starting to get more interesting. Takemoto's soul searching trip has been the highlight of this so far. The rest before it seemed incoherent and random. The ten days at the shrine was a good time of building friendships, gaining respect and earning some money.
Apr 11, 2017 2:47 PM

Feb 2013
Takemoto is back on the road.
Mar 28, 2018 5:02 PM

May 2015
5 years later Takemoto won Tour de France.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Apr 15, 2018 10:40 PM

Sep 2013
Finally...just one more episode. Whether they wrap up all the romance drivel that has plagued this show, I'll simply be glad it is done so I can cross the thing off my list and never think of it again.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Dec 22, 2018 8:58 AM

May 2016
Gambare Takemoto shounen.
FrozenRaider said:
5 years later Takemoto won Tour de France.
hahaha
Feb 11, 2020 12:16 AM

Oct 2019
This was probably my favourite episode from the whole series. Takemoto is easily my favourite character in the whole franchise.
Jul 22, 2020 2:45 AM

Feb 2019
These are the types of anime that goes unheard throughout anime's history can't believe how hidden gem this anime is, I'm glad to see such masterpiece Takemoto has become my fav from this ep, one more ep to go..
Aug 25, 2020 8:53 AM

Jun 2020
how can anyone say that there’s TOO MUCH of takemoto?? then why were they even watching this in the first place he’s the fucking MC? and a damn good one at it. the entire hachimitsu to clover has been focused on everyone’s problems but his & now that his arc, a beautiful one at it, is finally getting dedicated to & people are saying there’s too much of him????? what even, if anything there’s too little of him, how can you even begin to compare him with morita

we have yet to delve much into morita’s back story, he is just comic relief, i’m sure there’s more to his character but this has barely scratched the surface. he is not the MC of this show. we’ve been exposed to takemoto’s most inner & vulnerable thoughts & people want to make this show into something it isn’t. why were they even watching? i really don’t get it. this isn’t a comedy first, it’s drama, coming-of-age first, and it’s clear right from the start who the MC is. i just find it so ridiculous, it’s like watching oregairu & then whining that it’s full of hachiman/why would we care about hachiman & his problems. k.

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

Jun 15, 2021 9:41 PM

Jan 2021
Well Takamoto finally got an episode that was basically just about him without being massively overshadowed by someone else for once.

Overall I guess this was a rather straight forward episode, I was expecting Takamoto so gain a few more skills from working with the restoration guys than he appears to have done, other than level up his cooking skill anyway. Also this shows making me wonder if people randomly deciding to run off is a thing based on the number of people in this show that have attempted it.

Back in Tokyo there hasn't really been no much movement overall, everyone is still kind of stuck and unable to really move forward. Rika & Yamada may end up in a business relationship and Rika looks to be the biggest force for change but we probably still need Takamoto or maybe Nomiya to return for there going to be any other big changes.

Basically another great episode but I can’t think of to much extra to say, season 1 final tomorrow, really not sure what going to happen but i’m sure it's going to be great.

*edit for spelling
CalmTeaTimeJan 6, 2022 11:36 AM
Jun 19, 2021 5:26 AM

May 2020
Aw Takemoto, wholesome ending to this ep
Aug 26, 2022 5:38 AM

Feb 2020
These construction guys are just great! :D

I somewhat hope Takemoto will be joining them in the end of his journey.
Jan 12, 2023 1:54 PM

May 2018
I bet we'll get a 1 month timeskip or something. Cycling does take a long time, especially going uphill...

More topics from this board

Poll: » Opening

I_0_dont_0_know - Apr 10

3 by mikorinismyson »»
Apr 11, 2:46 AM

Poll: » Hachimitsu to Clover Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Kayro - Mar 17, 2008

126 by whereswisteria »»
Mar 29, 2:43 PM

Poll: » Hachimitsu to Clover Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Fentastic - Oct 5, 2008

124 by anti0taku »»
Sep 14, 2023 4:50 PM

Poll: » Hachimitsu to Clover Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Kayro - Mar 21, 2008

61 by anti0taku »»
Aug 3, 2023 2:42 PM

Poll: » Hachimitsu to Clover Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Kayro - Mar 20, 2008

63 by anti0taku »»
Aug 3, 2023 1:08 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.