MyAnimeList.net

Anime Information
Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Shigofumi Episode 12 Discussion
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Anime Discussion »» Series Discussion »» Shigofumi »» Shigofumi Episode 12 Discussion

Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
View Poll Results: Shigofumi Episode 12 Discussion
5 out of 5: Loved it!

72 56.25%
4 out of 5: Liked it

38 29.69%
3 out of 5: It was OK

13 10.16%
2 out of 5: Disliked it

4 3.13%
1 out of 5: Hated it

1 0.78%
Voters: 128

03-29-08, 12:25 AM

Weeyak said:
I liked the beginning where it showed the stories of others more then the main story but it was still pretty good. 8/10
xo_cl2 said:
The series is pretty good and although I thought the first part of the series was more interesting than the fumi-mika story (even tho that is the main storyline :) )
I was hoping for something more Kino's Journey, a.k.a. different persons each episode. But overall, I was very satisfied with this anime. Rarely does a good dark psychological anime such as this come along, so I can add it to my favs alongside Kino no Tabi and Serial Experiments Lain. Ep 1&2 were the best, imo. But ep 10 is an anime episode I'll never forget.
Modified by MkMiku, 03-29-08, 12:30 AM

03-29-08, 1:57 AM

it was a good ending! :3 i really enjoy the show i'm seriously going to miss it! :D

03-29-08, 3:21 AM

Meh ending to a decent show; Series started off great (I loved the first three episodes, and then 7-8, but most of the others were average for me) but I began to lose interest towards the end. Also needed more Kirameki shenanigans.

03-29-08, 2:04 PM

Def a solid series. The ending was decent but not great

03-29-08, 3:10 PM

Static said:
For me it just didnt get a 10 because they didnt solve Natsuka x Kaname and Fumi and Mika at the end was kinda empty or incomplete.

Well there are more reasons but those 2 are the main ones.
This is the downfall of having a short season. Because they only had 12 episodes to make things work they either had to make a half ass attempt at closing the issue, or let the issue open and let the viewer take a guess at how it solved just by some visual clues.

03-29-08, 6:11 PM

I would've rathered they stuck with the episodic nature of the first half of the series rather than delving deeper into the whole Fumika story and straying away from how people delt with receiving a shigofumi.

All in all though a good series. 8/10

03-30-08, 9:06 AM

9/10

9 just for seeing Fumika and Mika crying and holding hands. Not really, I really enjoyed the show. I didn't like Fumika at first and the last episode changed that. I like Fumika now.

That said, I want another season.

03-30-08, 10:21 AM

Nice ending, there were a bunch of unanswered questions but my guess it's to pave the way for the possibility of a 2nd season. Though even if not, it's nice to have have some room for free interpretation.

As for the series altogether, it really stood out. There were a couple of so-so eps, but I thought they more than made up with the really great ones. The thing it striked me most about this series was how fresh ot was, specially in how much it reflected Japans current cutural situation. I'm really not an expert in this but even I could recognise a good deal of those and acknowledge them for their boldness. The fact that they had to censor 3(?) eps shows a bit of what they had to go through.

03-30-08, 12:45 PM

I think this was a decent series. I wasn't really into it at first anyway. Some episodes did capture me and I really liked Mika. I didn't really like the last set of episodes though. Sure it had revealed some of the mysteries of the past but at the same time it didn't really move me. I'm just glad Fumi and Mika can live on and that everyone else was getting along well. Since I do use 5 as the "average" rating for a show, I will give this one a 6/10 for being above average but not drawing me completely into their world or the characters.

If we got 80% or higher let me know! :)

03-30-08, 4:58 PM

maxcherry715 said:
An alright ending to this arc, but am I the only who was curious to why there are Shigofumi carriers (in that case Shigofumi) in the first place? Why are there laws regarding it, why did she become, what was the point of Chiaki's meddling, how do you become a Shigofumi carrier? None of these are answered or even thought about. That kind of pissed me off.

Really? Because I specifically remember the answers to all those questions (except for why there are Shigofumi's and the laws regarding it) appearing in the show.

Anyways, this was a great ending. It was totally adorable in the end ;3.

This was nice and all, but i was initially dissapointed with the way they've gone about this. I was expecting this to be like Shinigami no Ballad, with simply several arcs of Fumika and Kanaka going around delivering Shigofumi's, and perhaps 1 episode to review over Fumika's past of how she became a postal worker for Shigofumi in the first place < being what I wanted in Shinigami no Ballad, and what i got in the perfect Kino's Travels.

But meh, they decided to actually make a plot with this as Fumika the main focus. Anyways i still enjoyed it overall. 9/10

03-31-08, 5:32 PM

Nice ending. Despite its episodic nature, I found most of them to be touching. 9/10 from me.

03-31-08, 6:02 PM

Siing said:
maxcherry715 said:
An alright ending to this arc, but am I the only who was curious to why there are Shigofumi carriers (in that case Shigofumi) in the first place? Why are there laws regarding it, why did she become, what was the point of Chiaki's meddling, how do you become a Shigofumi carrier? None of these are answered or even thought about. That kind of pissed me off.

Really? Because I specifically remember the answers to all those questions (except for why there are Shigofumi's and the laws regarding it) appearing in the show.

All right, then let me rephrase. They answered why Mika became a Shigofumi carrier, her motives for it, but that doesn't explain how and why she was able to become one. Also, my question on Chiaki's meddling does not refer to why she would want because thats obvious, but what it did. Was Mika able to appear because she helped, did I miss that (if thats the case then I must rewatch), or was she just trying to find a way and then didn't need to do it in the end. And my questions about Shigofumi carriers in general still stand.

03-31-08, 7:53 PM

very suprised and happy with the ending

03-31-08, 11:16 PM

The ending was not tottally solid for me. As others have stated, there were a few unresolved things going on, and some of it seemed kind of rushed unless there will be a season two. All, in all, I liked the series though!

04-01-08, 7:03 AM

Pretty mediocre ending.. I think a sad ending would have fit in better. I had many teary moments throughout the show but not a single sniff during the last episode.. pretty lame in my eyes..
The whole series was really nice though..
8/10

04-02-08, 11:26 AM

Dj_Frog said:
Dislike the ending, i thought i am gonna see some tragedies ( at least to get season 2 going) but... sigh, Overall 9/10 ---> 8/10 for not the best ending.

Same here!

When Mika and Fumika suddenly started to cry it felt somehow odd and unintentionally funny for me. ;)

But overall a great and unique series. Especially episode 10 had such an emotional impact, that I have to give it above 8. For a 10 the end is a bit too disappointing. So:

9/10 --> Must Buy!

04-02-08, 11:49 AM

FTGT said:
When Mika and Fumika suddenly started to cry it felt somehow odd and unintentionally funny for me. ;)

It seemed pretty intentional to me.... XD

04-04-08, 5:45 PM

Great start to the series but this episode was the lowest point, completely missing the mark. Fumika's story didn't need telling. I was far more interested in the supporting cast from the start. Disappointment.

04-04-08, 6:22 PM

i liked the ending
so happy that they both
lived

04-05-08, 8:16 PM

I don't really like this ending. Overall this series was great though... 9/10. =D

Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices