Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
May 5, 2015 6:11 PM

May 2012
Lovely ending in general I must say! Quite lovely atmosphere, characters and overall story with a nice pace! All in all I quite liked this anime as it was quite solid! 8/10
Jun 17, 2015 5:50 AM

Jun 2012
This was actually really good :)
Jul 5, 2015 1:29 PM
Oct 2014
Great series but the ending was sort of ho-hum. Kind of disappointing with how they wrapped things up so abruptly. Feels a little unrealistic that all of a sudden Fumi became so strong-willed. Didn't care for that crying scene as well because there was no proper build up. Again, it just feels like both girls had a sudden personality change without any proper lead up or development.
Mar 18, 2016 12:04 AM

Sep 2012
What an anime. I liked it.
May 8, 2016 3:38 AM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Hm yeah, I expected a little more out of the ending, especially with the mom thing being left hanging. Although I doubt much more could've been done with the mother, she's the type who does whatever the hell she wants, and she doesn't want to act like a mother, but at least she's willing to pay the bills. What a selfish person though, whenever it comes to child rearing, I like to tell the whole world that it's not a joke and not all fun and games.

I did like the bit about the short term "consequences" of pressing the charges, the constant media attention and people talking about you. I can understand how that can break a person. Fumika finally took a step forward but she's constantly being judged for it and can't live normally, as well as bringing trouble for people around her (Natsuka's family). I honestly don't blame her for wanting to escape. But (un)surprisingly, Mika returns to tell Fumi to stop running away, and they yell at each other about what they've always wanted to do. I think for Fumi, thinking about these things made her realize that she wanted to keep living, to the catharsis scene was a fitting resolution...although still a bit underwhelming.

Overall, I really enjoyed the topics the series had touched upon, a lot of the episodes left me thinking for awhile. The concept of the anime was great, and I think they utilized it well, showing diverse scenarios. Shigofumi that was touching, or angry, and how not all shigofumi had to be letters. This was definitely a wonderful experience and a title that I won't forget.
Jun 17, 2016 12:20 AM

Sep 2014
Well it was a really good show with a decent ending. The thing is Shigofumi had a really good start. For the first half the plot was on a whole other level, but in the second half, only couple of episodes were able to leave an impact, rest of them were kinda flat. Still it was a Nice show overall.
Aug 11, 2016 8:17 PM

Mar 2015
Great show. I didn't fully grasp some of the ideas though, such as why did Fumi shoot Mika[Alter ego]? Don't really get the Fumi VS Mika conflcit.

Overall still pretty good. The themes/ideas presented at times were pretty heavy, such as suicide, bullying, murder etc, but they tackled it well. I best liked episodes 1&2, 10. Dang 1 shot characters can really make you feel. I was looking for a show as good as Death Parade, and this was quite close.
“Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost. That is alchemy's first law of Equivalent Exchange. In those days, we really believed that to be the world's one, and only, truth. But the world isn't perfect, and the law is incomplete..." -Alphonse Elric

"Then and now, what I protect has never changed!" -Sakata Gintoki

I'll take anything like The Pet Girl of Sakurasou. Anything as good as that.
Dec 4, 2016 2:03 PM
Mar 2012
ep1-2,6 were quite intense, with 9 & 10 feelz.
Kiramei arc was fabulous with trippy visual direction.
They manage to slip in great comedy. Kanaka & Chiaki are super funny. ep5 postgirls & cats overloaded moe & didn't forget the heartwarming.

ep12: Fumi vs Mika emotional fight. Mika stopped wanting to die, each becoming "selfish" & wanting to actually live. Seems they were trying to merge but personality's too different. Quite amusing seeing one fight themselves ideologically & by punching. I cared about both but was bit confusing seems 3 personalities, how starkly Fumi went "cold" & pressed charges after shooting Mika (likely due holding her dad's book, recalling that past & truth of Mika shooting him all happening fast). An alright end to Fumika arc.

ep13 (special) [spoiler?]: I consider this the true end of whole show, as it wraps up by connecting most episodic arcs together that occurred in the crazy school, amazing plot weaving centered on Shigofumi & bullying. Fumi "school as prison" idea similar to Mika past thinking. Theme of sin, atonement & accepting your other half even if they "hate each other". It builds more psyche & relationship between the two halves after the Fumika arc.
I think this quote solidifies what both Fumikas learn to believe & what she tried to tell Suzune (ep13 theme): ep11 "Only the heart can atone for sins of the heart." I guess it might be saying... using malice to press charges, exact revenge etc, can only go so far as external "punishment". One who feels guilt (including those 3 bullies & Fumikas) need to atone in their own way.

Lastly the osts were godly in feels.
Feb 12, 2017 1:45 PM

Feb 2017
first episodes looked good and had the potential to become a thriller like death note. But it ended boring and lame into a hardcore drama anime
BallardoFeb 12, 2017 2:11 PM
May 12, 2017 5:30 PM

Nov 2016
The mother is nearly as terrible as the father, poor Fumika.

Overall it was a great and unique show, but the conclusion felt a little rushed and lacked tension for my taste. That's why I can't give a 9.

Still a strong 8/10.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jul 11, 2017 4:17 PM

Oct 2015
I loved it in the beginning but became bad as it went forward. I am deeply disappointed by the story and was not finished with wherether her father got punished by the law or not. If I was in her shoes I would have shot him too, that stupid crazy mental jerk.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Dec 12, 2017 9:41 AM

Nov 2011
The time spent back to this anime series has been well spent. I really enjoyed this series finale, and the fact that this anime series has shown itself committed to social issues.
My vote is 8/10 plus a point for the effort put into describing social problems. So the final grade is 9/10.

P.S. An appeal that I do to all: do not forget the anime series a bit dated, do not let them go into oblivion, because like those just released, these are invaluable. Always love them.
May 4, 2019 5:47 AM
Jul 2018
I really came to love this series. Think, it even could have been longer with a few episodic stories more, because I loved those.
So glad to see how it ended.
I think, her splitted personality was more metaphorical, because normally they are edgy mindless murderes lol. Here, they try to get along again, like a forgiving yourself-theme. Also both of them are normal personalities.
8-9/10, also I'll watch the OVA now.
removed-userMay 4, 2019 6:28 AM
Aug 9, 2019 5:16 AM

Oct 2012
"There's no reason to point gun at your own father. No matter what the reason, he's still her father"
If only that guy was the one abused in his childhood, he definitely will not say something so shallow like that

I mean you can't trust pretty woman, most of them are inresponsible and evil
Either that or unstable xD

I don't what's really attractive about both Fumika having emotions, screaming and crying about what they want
I guess they both finally accepted each other, both exist

I like most of the episodes
Shame it's pretty short, 1st and 2nd episode though.. the most shocking for opening
"Signature removed"
May 28, 2020 6:07 PM
Feb 2016
This ending was pretty shit. The whole climax between fumi and Mika wasn't captivating at all. There were no hints given that there was a conflict between them sharing one body,which makes the whole ordeal feel hollow and unrelatable.

There also wasn't really any cathartic experience for the viewer and fumika to see kirameki pay for his evil deeds. I was atleast expecting some confrontation similar to ep 8,but all we get is a quick flash of kirameki behind jail and the glasses chick giving him his manuscript.
What's the point of even introducing this whole plot point if we never see fumaki coming to terms with it and kirameki's ego shattering ?

The last scene was especially egregious when it's quite obvious they threw that quick slideshow off all the characters to make it seem like a proper ending when it was far from it. They also never explained if they got Mika fully separated from fumi. She won't be able to keep delivering the letters if she keeps aging like a normal human.

The whole romance plot also never really went anywhere. I wasn't a fan of it since the start,but they could have atleast gave it a proper closure. This series started so good and just fizzled out halfway through. What a shame.
Jul 23, 2020 6:25 AM

Aug 2013
Good anime, reminded me a bit of Jigoku Shoujo, since most episodes focused on random people. Fumika was a good protagonist, the only thing I wish is that they didn't keep around the sidekick girl with her constant teasing about Kaname's feelings for Fumika.
Oct 11, 2020 8:38 AM

Jun 2019
cutepopularmaido said:
I liked the beginning where it showed the stories of others more then the main story but it was still pretty good. 8/10

Just finished this show so I'm going to quote this post from 2008 and say I agree with it.

The episodic nature at the beginning of the show (first 2 episodes, mostly) had way more potential than the split personality story focused entirely on Fumika did. 7.5 score.

Jan 14, 2021 1:44 AM

May 2020
I liked this a lot. I felt like the series lost a bit of steam towards the end but it wrapped up Fumika's story quite nicely. 8/10 for the series as a whole.
Nov 7, 2021 2:54 PM

May 2015
Tho I wished a much happier ending for Fumi (in context to what happened to her),it still ended nicely and I am glad both of them were able to do what they want - live.
Apr 29, 2022 8:58 PM

Aug 2019
There were like 2 or 3 really good episodic episodes but the rest was just mid, 5/10
Nov 22, 2022 9:01 PM

Aug 2014
This is for all 12 episodes and the OVA episode:

Shigofumi is an ok anime.

Sure, some episodes were captivating, but the majority of episodes were just meh and difficult to get into.

This anime would have also been better off by cutting out the silliness, since it ruined the immersion.

And the episodic feel of the anime can make watching a new episode tiring.

And I really didnt like when the anime decide to give background story to the main characters. I think this anime would have been better off as an episodic new character-drama per episode.

Again, an ok anime, but this anime had potential to be as memorable as Kino's Journey, but it wasnt, so in the end, its a memorable but forgettable anime.
oooo3333Nov 22, 2022 9:04 PM
Mar 21, 2023 2:03 PM

Dec 2022
Shigofumi turned into a coming-of-age school drama after episode 8. Not what I signed up for.

Shaded Horizon

Dec 10, 2023 10:07 PM

Nov 2022
This was amazing, feels kinda incomplete though but I guess thats what the special episode is for.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shigofumi Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

nodoka-koi - Jan 5, 2008

130 by EtherLux »»
Dec 18, 2023 12:02 PM

Poll: » Shigofumi Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

dtshyk - Mar 15, 2008

60 by RawrOMG »»
Dec 10, 2023 1:24 AM

Poll: » Shigofumi Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Sobzob - Mar 8, 2008

108 by RawrOMG »»
Dec 9, 2023 3:20 AM

Poll: » Shigofumi Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Sobzob - Mar 2, 2008

84 by RawrOMG »»
Dec 4, 2023 10:12 PM

Poll: » Shigofumi Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Sobzob - Feb 23, 2008

76 by RawrOMG »»
Dec 4, 2023 3:04 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.