Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Aug 8, 2018 12:18 AM
Apr 2016
To all those fans who were saying it will easily cross 8.30 or even 8.50 back when it was still airing, where are you now? Its on 7.75 already.
P.s.: Dont gimme that ratings are irrelevant crap
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Aug 8, 2018 12:24 AM

Jul 2017
I never expected it to go above 8.20, but I'll be honest with you. I had high hopes for the show after episode 13, and then it just shit itself on episode 19...

"Do you know why snow is white? 
Because it's forgotten what color it's supposed to be." - C.C.

Aug 8, 2018 12:32 AM

Nov 2016
I dropped it from episode 3 but maybe I'll pick it back up again
Aug 8, 2018 12:42 AM
Jul 2018
I'm here. And to be honest I don't care about the ratings. And yes, I am giving the "ratings are irrelevant" argument but. That's because I don't rely on scores on anything anymore. At most it's just a consensus idea, but that's it.

I like the series, but I admit that is pretty flawed. That's all I'll say. And admittedly after Episode 19 it fell down quite a bit, but the experience was still there so the flaws didn't really deter my experience with the series as a whole.

My main gripe is the story but even then the story is like... the only complaint I generally have, specifically the aspect of the sci-fi. Which, its pretty damn flawed. It goes against it even. But the production, the characters and the music along with the personal enjoyment compensates it enough to where I wouldn't exactly hate it.
removed-userAug 8, 2018 12:51 AM
Aug 8, 2018 12:50 AM

Jun 2015
cause not even biggest franxx fanboy can protect the last 4 eps
Aug 8, 2018 12:52 AM
Jul 2018
KanonDE said:

I mean it can't be defended, and I'm one of those soooooo... Idk.

:S

It's hard to even try to go and counter the stuff that those episodes showcased.
Aug 8, 2018 12:56 AM

Oct 2015
It was ok until after episode 15 where it started to go downhill but still ok, but Ep 19 and beyond was just them trying to be Gurren Lagaan/Gunbuster and failing miserably. The whole "AILENS" plot twist couldve been better had it had more episodes rather than being crammed into 5-6 episodes.
The peasant is bound by the king. The king is bound by the peasants and their kingdom. But the Viking is bound to nothing but themselves.

Aug 8, 2018 12:58 AM

Apr 2017
More than a spit or a feces, A dose of "D I N O A I D S" is a special treat for every peasant CUCCS...

"Think about that glowing dust
That destroys the night sky's dream of
Just being nothing"
----
Aug 8, 2018 1:01 AM
Jul 2018
OutlawedDrifter said:
It was ok until after episode 15 where it started to go downhill but still ok, but Ep 19 and beyond was just them trying to be Gurren Lagaan/Gunbuster and failing miserably. The whole "AILENS" plot twist couldve been better had it had more episodes rather than being crammed into 5-6 episodes.

I will agree that the entire aliens part could have been expanded upon with more episodes. It just feels like they kind of wasted time and space and didn't knew what to do with the closure being close.

After seeing the result they could have maybe cut down the character focus arcs a little and not a lot could have been lost, despite me liking that part of the series as a whole.
Aug 8, 2018 1:02 AM

Jul 2012
I thought this anime was widely hated in the anime community?
Aug 8, 2018 1:03 AM

Nov 2016
The best thing about it though is Ichigos butt.
Aug 8, 2018 1:04 AM
Jul 2018
Mayuka said:
I thought this anime was widely hated in the anime community?

More so divisive than hated. But it seems like he wanted to call people out that either still stands with what they said, or those that still like it.
Aug 8, 2018 1:05 AM

Oct 2015
Pixel_Vapour said:
The best thing is the cuck ending :kagarifeelsgoodman:

π”šπ”žπ”«π”«π”ž 𝔱𝔬𝔲𝔠π”₯ 𝔢𝔬𝔲,
π”šπ”žπ”«π”±π”¦π”«' 𝔢𝔬𝔲 𝔴𝔦𝔱π”₯ π”žπ”©π”© π”ͺ𝔢 π”ͺ𝔦𝔀π”₯𝔱

Aug 8, 2018 1:06 AM

Oct 2015
Wasshio said:
OutlawedDrifter said:

I will agree that the entire aliens part could have been expanded upon with more episodes. It just feels like they kind of wasted time and space and didn't knew what to do with the closure being close.

After seeing the result they could have maybe cut down the character focus arcs a little and not a lot could have been lost, despite me liking that part of the series as a whole.

The show was better when the scale of the conflict was smaller and more focused, it couldve been about Hiro starting a rebellion amongst the parasites against Papa, who instead of ailens, couldve been either an superintelligent AI or some sort of hive mind. It couldve been humanity fighting against itself to fix itself.

But then AILENZ come in and remove all accountability from humanity and making them the just victim. They couldve also given more arguments for Papa's Tranhumanism than just shoehorning individualism all the damn way. Im for individualism but the way they treat it as if clinging to it makes you morally insurmountable is off-putting.
The peasant is bound by the king. The king is bound by the peasants and their kingdom. But the Viking is bound to nothing but themselves.

Aug 8, 2018 1:08 AM

Nov 2016
-Lofn- said:
Pixel_Vapour said:
The best thing is the cuck ending :kagarifeelsgoodman:

This is why I should pick it back up again to see ep 13 and all the cucking
Aug 8, 2018 1:09 AM
Jul 2018
OutlawedDrifter said:
Wasshio said:

The show was better when the scale of the conflict was smaller and more focused, it couldve been about Hiro starting a rebellion amongst the parasites against Papa, who instead of ailens, couldve been either an superintelligent AI or some sort of hive mind. It couldve been humanity fighting against itself to fix itself.

But then AILENZ come in and remove all accountability from humanity and making them the just victim. They couldve also given more arguments for Papa's Tranhumanism than just shoehorning individualism all the damn way. Im for individualism but the way they treat it as if clinging to it makes you morally insurmountable is off-putting.

I mean the idea of AILENZ themselves isn't the problem. But yeah it seems like the way it just handled that aspect seems more like trying to put a moral high-ground than anything.

Not exactly wrong even to do that but the execution of that is underwhelming as fuck.

I think it could have been better if they just stayed with the character-driven drama and just tried to tie in something that's up to interpretation. That doesn't take away everyone else's complaints but I think that could have been a better idea. Yeah, pointless by the end, but its more of the story being weak at that point and not having much other than one main aspect driving it in.
Aug 8, 2018 1:13 AM

Sep 2016
@KanonDE @Pixel_Vapour @-Lofn- Why hello there :smugish:
Aug 8, 2018 1:13 AM

Oct 2015
Yasaal said:
What you doing in this turf, hoe :mask:

Aug 8, 2018 1:14 AM

Sep 2016
-Lofn- said:
Yasaal said:
What you doing in this turf, hoe :mask:
Haven't been active in forums in ages, even before MAL dieded. Hoe
Aug 8, 2018 1:14 AM

Jun 2015
I wish they would actually rename it pregnancy in the FranXX
Aug 8, 2018 1:15 AM

Jun 2017
So who won? Go ahead , I don't care about that shit just want to know who won...

Aug 8, 2018 1:15 AM

Dec 2015
Well ... it is not unusual for it to drop.
Had an okay-ish start. Got a bit better. And the focus on the chars was nice.
(But some were annoying characters.)

I have waited and thought they might bring some nice twist and good ending. But it was just the usual insane Japanese twist and felt like crap in the last third.

Started with 7, then 6 (in episode 2 ... boring training) ... then moved to 8 stable. But in the end it got lower to 7 again and with the last episodes to 6 ... then 5 as final score - for me. Lower than 8 is a score it deserves.

And between 7.5 and 8.0 (higher than 7.5) is a high score for the stuff this show delivered.
There are a lot of "decent" shows that even have 6.xx only. I think MAL is getting more critical.

Years ago these would have gotten 7.xx and Franxx would have gotten 8.5+

But then again ... there are still those fans hyping S;G and S;G 0. While S;G 0 is a lot better it still does not deserve anything higher than 8.5 (and personally I wouldn't score S;G higher than 7).
Aug 8, 2018 1:16 AM

Aug 2015
This is the show i knew it will fall dramatically after it finished airing.You just know and get the feeling after spending so many years spending in anime community that which anime will fall at the end of the season and which will be acknowledged by anime community.
Aug 8, 2018 1:16 AM

Oct 2015
Jare4lopez said:
So who won? Go ahead , I don't care about that shit just want to know who won...
Ichigo got cucked, married Goro, 02 and Hiro became children and made sweet love.

Aug 8, 2018 1:17 AM

Jun 2009
I watched it until the second episode and then dropped it. It was really meh. I read/watched people's reviews and reactions and spoiled myself. I'm glad I did because I didn't waste my time on this mediocre series.
Aug 8, 2018 1:19 AM

Nov 2016
-Lofn- said:
Jare4lopez said:
Ichigo got cucked, married Goro, 02 and Hiro became children and made sweet love.

So best girl got cucked and worst girl won.. :depression:
Aug 8, 2018 1:19 AM

Jun 2017
-Lofn- said:
Jare4lopez said:
at least Ichigo wins in the doujins xDD but wtf u mean with children?

Aug 8, 2018 1:20 AM
Jul 2018
Luthandorius said:

I have waited and thought they might bring some nice twist and good ending. But it was just the usual insane Japanese twist and felt like crap in the last third.

Started with 7, then 6 (in episode 2 ... boring training) ... then moved to 8 stable. But in the end it got lower to 7 again and with the last episodes to 6 ... then 5 as final score - for me. Lower than 8 is a score it deserves.

And between 7.5 and 8.0 (higher than 7.5) is a high score for the stuff this show delivered.
There are a lot of "decent" shows that even have 6.xx only. I think MAL is getting more critical.

But then again ... there are still those fans hyping S;G and S;G 0. While S;G 0 is a lot better it still does not deserve anything higher than 8.5 (and personally I wouldn't score S;G higher than 7).

To be fair is it just me or is MAL getting a bit too much when it comes to that part? Now I'm not saying people shouldn't criticize but I've been noticing a pretty weird stigma around it.

And as for S;G 0 I can't comment much since I'm not too ahead of it yet.

Jare4lopez said:

Aug 8, 2018 1:35 AM

Feb 2018
Please just don't talk about it the show is finally over and I don't want to hear anything about it
Aug 8, 2018 1:36 AM
Jul 2018
xShinigami3125 said:
Please just don't talk about it the show is finally over and I don't want to hear anything about it

I mean I'm the same as you however... why did you then bothered to respond in the first place? You can just ignore. Just saying.
Aug 8, 2018 1:38 AM
Jun 2015
I enjoyed the twist on episode 19, but I had pretty feels.

I just wish Ichigo died.
Aug 8, 2018 1:40 AM

Feb 2018
Wasshio said:
xShinigami3125 said:

I mean I'm the same as you however... why did you then bothered to respond in the first place? You can just ignore. Just saying.

True but the forums are back up so I couldn't resist the urge to write something xd
Aug 8, 2018 1:52 AM

Oct 2010
I was expecting a 8.30 but I didn't say anything on MAL so I'm safe.
The last few episodes were kinda of a downer, Gurren Lagann rehash but not that good,
for an action series there was not that much action.
Aug 8, 2018 1:54 AM

Nov 2016
Eight-Man said:

I just wish Ichigo died.

Why wish that? Ichigo is best girl :(
Aug 8, 2018 2:01 AM

Dec 2016
KanonDE said:

Why? What happened in those eps????
Aug 8, 2018 2:02 AM

May 2014
I haven't even seen it, but maybe I should, watching cancer can be fun.
Aug 8, 2018 2:24 AM

Oct 2015
Wasshio said:
Luthandorius said:

To be fair is it just me or is MAL getting a bit too much when it comes to that part? Now I'm not saying people shouldn't criticize but I've been noticing a pretty weird stigma around it.

And as for S;G 0 I can't comment much since I'm not too ahead of it yet.

Jare4lopez said:

>To be fair is it just me or is MAL getting a bit too much when it comes to that part? Now I'm not saying people shouldn't criticize but I've been noticing a pretty weird stigma around it.
explain what u mean by this fam
Hottest Take Ever, fite me: Fairy Tail is better than Seiya, Bungou Stray and Hitman Reborn
Aug 8, 2018 2:29 AM
Apr 2018
Striker-3649 said:
Dont gimme that ratings are irrelevant crap

Ratings are irrelevant just because a show is popular doent make them good I mean there’s are tons of garbage shows with over a 8.0 rating

Examples: gintama, one punch man, my hero academia, attack on titan etc
Aug 8, 2018 2:41 AM
Jun 2015
Pixel_Vapour said:
Eight-Man said:

I just wish Ichigo died.

Why wish that? Ichigo is best girl :(

no

ichigohome

very much big gae
Aug 8, 2018 2:48 AM
Apr 2016
ecchiharemgeek said:
Striker-3649 said:

Ratings are irrelevant just because a show is popular doent make them good I mean there’s are tons of garbage shows with over a 8.0 rating

ecchiharemgeek said:
Striker-3649 said:

ecchiharemgeek said:
Striker-3649 said:

and there are garbage shows/mangas in your favorites too
Aug 8, 2018 2:54 AM
Aug 2018
Aug 8, 2018 2:58 AM
Aug 2018
https://imgur.com/a/ii3HHXj
DitF is a social commentary on contemporary Japanese society where young adults stay single and don't have children...
He also says that althouh his creation may be filled with artificial ingredients, he hopes kids will get something from his anime like he did as a kid watching anime.
Aug 8, 2018 3:05 AM

Jul 2017
Scores don't hold any value but, seeing as Darling in the Franxx got almost an 8.20 from the hype is just, wut?
Aug 8, 2018 3:05 AM

May 2017
to all those darling fans,did you liked getting pooped on last two eps?
Aug 8, 2018 3:13 AM
Demon of Hatred

Feb 2015
DitF is the first anime that I have given a 1. I was right arrowing the whole time through the series.
"Life is too bitter, so coffee, at least should be sweet..." - Hikigaya Hachiman (Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatte Iru)
Aug 8, 2018 3:14 AM

Mar 2018
OutlawedDrifter said:
Wasshio said:

*coff coff* Metal Gear Saga *coff coff*
Agree with you btw :|
Aug 8, 2018 3:32 AM

Nov 2017
One of the most overrated shows this season. The plot barely makes any sense and after 19th or 18th episode it gets even worse.
Aug 8, 2018 3:35 AM

Mar 2015
Aliens attacked the score :/
Aug 8, 2018 4:56 AM

Jun 2017
It deserves that rating, maybe even less. It started out promising and was decent until episode 15. The four episodes after that were alright, but the finale was utter garbage, with VIRM being the worst and most cliché villain I have ever seen.
Aug 8, 2018 6:10 AM

Apr 2016
It's already dead, man... don't bring it back to life its not worth it.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 20, 2018

597 by akiramado19 »»
Apr 17, 9:34 PM

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 6, 2018

328 by Aazoka »»
Apr 6, 10:56 AM

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 13, 2018

565 by otakuanity »»
Mar 29, 12:11 AM

» How do we feel about this one years later? ( 1 2 3 )

sorames - Jun 10, 2023

114 by sunatsf »»
Mar 26, 7:50 PM

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 7, 2018

638 by SibunaC »»
Mar 4, 2:25 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.