Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 22, 2008 4:37 AM

Feb 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Loved the part where Morita is talking to Yamada. Found it to be pretty touching =)
I laughed so much when Morita came into the room and yelled "Elves!" at Hagu xD
KinetaNov 25, 2012 9:40 AM
Jul 3, 2008 1:54 AM

Jan 2008
Wasn't it "pineapple"? xD Yesterday I thinked... I musy have obbsession about pineapples xD I was drawing them, and today I have watched H&C And... Morita san says "pineapple!" <fall in love> I want to have friend like him TwT.
Sep 1, 2008 12:44 AM

Jan 2008
Kayro said:
Loved the part where Morita is talking to Yamada. Found it to be pretty touching =)
What I wanted to say :P
May 10, 2009 2:12 AM

Aug 2008
Yes. I liked that part too. Don't they make a cute couple? ^^

Wow, it's sad... I wish Takemoto would do stuff for Hagu-chan...
Maybe she just needed a hug or something... ):

May 12, 2009 7:20 AM

Jun 2008
waaaa!! nomiya x yamada!!!! anyway.... what was with morita and hagu????
Jun 11, 2009 5:27 AM

Mar 2009
The scene with Morita and Yamada was so touching it makes me wonder if there is anything between them or that deep down they have a beautiful strong friendship.

Dec 12, 2009 2:57 PM

Apr 2009
I OFFICIALLY SUPPORT MORITAxYAMADA.
That is all. Elves, go screw yourselves D: (no, I still can't get over MoritaxHagu being semi-canon.)
- If you believe this place holds you, it is a prison.
If you do not wish to leave, it will become a fortress.

Current icon:
Kusuriuri from Mononoke
by pana (LJ username)
Apr 22, 2010 9:00 PM

May 2008
I really understand the stress over not knowing what you want to do with your life. It's interesting to see the recognition of the pain on the other side... This show always gives me so much to think about in terms of my own problems. Crack may be cheaper than anime, but anime's cheaper than a therapist!
Jun 18, 2010 10:16 AM

Apr 2010
Once again, it was a really deep, beautiful and touching episode.
The MoritaxYamada moment was my favourite, the dialogue and them holding hands were all such perfect moments.
But my dislike for Takemoto only grows stronger with each episode. All of them have problems, but only he mopes around like that, feeling sorry for himself. And his love for Hagu changed from something charming to something pathetic. He can't blame Morita. He had a whole year where he could tell her how he feels. But he did nothing.
Aug 18, 2010 7:41 PM

Sep 2009
I don't understand any of what happened after Morita burst into the room and saw Hagu painting... whatever she was painting. What the hell was it? Why was he so upset? I don't understand why he was yelling at Hanamoto-sensei.

Was Hagu doing commisioned work? That's all I can think of, and that Morita was angry about that for some reason.
grimoireblossomAug 18, 2010 7:45 PM
Aug 29, 2010 8:45 AM

Dec 2009
Koishii said:
I don't understand why he was yelling at Hanamoto-sensei.

Yeah, the same.

And I'm pretty sure Morita x Morita end. I mean this type of character usually stays alone.
Dec 28, 2010 4:36 AM

Feb 2010
nuclear_skies said:
Koishii said:

Yeah, the same.

Here is my opinion.
Hagu is too busy with art work that she does not have time to check the outside world.
I mean she making 2 projects at the same time that shes gonna use in a competition. Morita is emphasizing that it is still too early for Hagu to cram herself in a room all day without going outside and enjoying it.

Well this is only my opinion and what my thoughts are focused in while watching that moment.
Jan 4, 2011 11:01 AM
Oct 2010
Marshy said:
nuclear_skies said:
Koishii said:

Yeah, the same.

Here is my opinion.
Hagu is too busy with art work that she does not have time to check the outside world.
I mean she making 2 projects at the same time that shes gonna use in a competition. Morita is emphasizing that it is still too early for Hagu to cram herself in a room all day without going outside and enjoying it.

I think Morita thought Hagu wasn't being herself with those paintings, I mean, they were dull and liveless, maybe what people at japan wanted to see, but she was giving up on her geniality and potential to really be a recognized artist.

nuclear_skies said:

And I'm pretty sure Morita x Morita end. I mean this type of character usually stays alone.

I'm afraid I think the same, altough Morita does seem to more than like Hagu, he's the kind of guy that goes around truly helping people altruistically, being a real friend to Yamada, Mayama, Hagu and even Takemoto (in his quirck ways, but after all, helping them when they really need it). I believe that's the reason he left after kissing Hagu, was because he loves her, but deep down he's trying to keep away from her.
Apr 13, 2011 12:34 PM

Feb 2010
That was hardly a romantic notion. Morita acted like a great friend to Yamada but I see no pairing here and it's good. I think Morita wouldn't be interested in one woman so much as to make her a center of his universe. Or maybe even to enter the "relationships". Like he loves Hagu but won't date her. They communicate through art and I think that is what Takemoto is desperate about, that he could never enter the realm Hagu and Morita seem to share. That his words or even a hug won't touch her that deep. Simply put, he feels he can't realy be with her as she lives mostly in her world which he can't even see. But Morita can so Takemoto can't even compete. Yet he understands so much about Hagu and I don't think it's a lost cause. Mayama is not in much better state with Rika anyway...
Hell is empty and all the devils are here.
Apr 27, 2011 10:37 AM

Jun 2009
As always honey and clover episodes are awesome because they always leave me thinking. They always seem to have some message or some problem that we all can relate to.
I don't think it's Takemoto's fault at all that he and Hagu are not together because when you can be in other's world how can that work? He loves her a lot but he can't do nothing because he can't understand her, not even if he tries.
Morita can but for some reason he is afraid of love.
To be honest I think Hagu will end alone...
May 6, 2011 2:03 PM

Aug 2010
Woah
Nov 13, 2011 6:08 AM

Sep 2010
Still hoping for Yamada x Morita couple ^^
𝓻𝓮𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓷 𝓽𝓸 𝓖𝓾𝓼𝓾 𝔀𝓲𝓽𝓱 𝓶𝓮

Jan 7, 2012 10:14 AM

May 2010
Great episode once again.

Morita and Yamada - scene portrayed a true and deep bond of friendship. :)

Mayama's colleagues again with their lol-teasing. XD

tsukikage said:
I really understand the stress over not knowing what you want to do with your life. It's interesting to see the recognition of the pain on the other side... This show always gives me so much to think about in terms of my own problems. Crack may be cheaper than anime, but anime's cheaper than a therapist!

QFT.
May 13, 2012 4:12 PM

Apr 2009
If this show would focus more on Takamoto, and MUCH less on Mayama (in perfect case he shouldn't even be here) and his inner dramas, it would be really awesome. Now thanks to Mayama, it gets 4 points and goes to 'dropped' list. And it's sad, cos i kinda enjoyed most of this show, but Mayama is just like a bucket oil tar in a barrel of honey - completely ruins it all. So that's how i'm going to remember this show - honey and tar. xD Too bad... =[
Jun 17, 2012 10:33 AM

Oct 2008
I'm liking Nomiya more and more. xD

Hmm, I wonder what Morita and Shuu are fighting about. I don't understand what Hagu's struggle is. But it seems bad.
Sep 24, 2012 9:00 PM

Nov 2011
Aw mannn, poor Nomiya. D=

"I like to expose what people hide. I'm an intellectual rapist." - Furudo Erika
Nov 17, 2012 3:50 PM

May 2012
Quite a sad episode in general but still great! But damn only 4 episodes remain!
Dec 3, 2012 3:15 PM
Jun 2009
damn takemoto is so boring.

He acts like a total emo i hate that!
May 25, 2013 8:52 AM

Jan 2013
For the ferris wheel to have such an impact on Nomiya and not to have rode it even once before is pretty profound. He had it kinda ruined too with Ayu smelling like sake lol. Morita looking after her was a great scene as well. I’m glad he’s back.

He really is like Mayama which was said several times by the two of them. But Ayu wants Mayama. I really wouldn’t know what to do in that situation either; probably delve into work just like she’s doing.

Takemoto is still the one that’s the most lost. It must suck seeing all your friends move on with jobs/relationships while you’re the one still stuck. I hope he finds what he’s looking for and himself.
-Nothing can stay unchanged. Even so, can you still keep on loving this place?

-Be still my soul; when change and tears are past, all safe and blessed we shall meet at last.
Aug 11, 2013 11:36 PM

Mar 2013
tsukikage said:

Agreed ^ love animes that make you reflect on life.
Dec 5, 2013 6:02 PM
Apr 2010
MY OPINION ON THE FREAK OUT MOMENT!
Hagu is an amazing artist who creates art outside of what is popular.. in an art career she has to conform to what style is popular at that time so it will sell. So basically Morita was pissed bc he knows she can do so much better than that, make masterpieces and to him that was unacceptable. He knows her abilities are far better than trendy art pieces. Its up to Sensei to protect and care for her by providing what she needs.

cray cray art swirls because it was ugly to Morita. ;3
Dec 5, 2013 6:04 PM
Apr 2010
Koishii said:
I don't understand any of what happened after Morita burst into the room and saw Hagu painting... whatever she was painting. What the hell was it? Why was he so upset? I don't understand why he was yelling at Hanamoto-sensei.

Was Hagu doing commisioned work? That's all I can think of, and that Morita was angry about that for some reason.
MY OPINION ON THE FREAK OUT MOMENT!
Hagu is an amazing artist who creates art outside of what is popular.. in an art career she has to conform to what style is popular at that time so it will sell. So basically Morita was pissed bc he knows she can do so much better than that, make masterpieces and to him that was unacceptable. He knows her abilities are far better than trendy art pieces. Its up to Sensei to protect and care for her by providing what she needs.

cray cray art swirls because it was ugly to Morita. ;3
Read more at http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=17315#9UmO3ZmxvyXJBSIL.99
Dec 19, 2013 4:52 PM

Jun 2009
“Is it more painful to cry when you can’t do something you want to, or when you can’t find what you want to do?”

Hit that spot in my heart again. I feel you, Takemoto. ;w; How can I get out the rut?

I really love how everyone’s still so close to each other in spite of all the complications, doubts and problems of their own. What an admirable group of friends. Morita’s such wacky, big-hearted guy. He’s the honey that sticks the swaying clovers together. Ahh, the ties that bind…
I think, then procrastinate.
Therefore, I am.
Dec 10, 2014 9:57 PM
Jul 2014
4 more episodes to go.
Dec 13, 2014 1:37 AM

Nov 2011
Wow. That was an impressive episode.

Both Yamada's and Takemoto's reflections were great and reflect real-life problems excellently. I also like how Morita was handling himself. He's coming very close to favorite-dom for me.

Anisamar said:
Morita’s such wacky, big-hearted guy. He’s the honey that sticks the swaying clovers together. Ahh, the ties that bind…

I definitely agree. What a beautiful way to word it.

Yakarin said:
nuclear_skies said:

I'm afraid I think the same, altough Morita does seem to more than like Hagu, he's the kind of guy that goes around truly helping people altruistically, being a real friend to Yamada, Mayama, Hagu and even Takemoto (in his quirck ways, but after all, helping them when they really need it). I believe that's the reason he left after kissing Hagu, was because he loves her, but deep down he's trying to keep away from her.

While I wouldn't mind Yamada x Morita, I have to agree with this as well.
Dec 16, 2014 9:09 AM

Jun 2009
Wonder if Takemoto will graduate by the end of this series, in time for Honey and Clover II? I'm interested in seeing what he will decide to do after graduating since he doesn't know yet.
Apr 13, 2015 4:34 AM
Mar 2015
Wow, Morita and Yamada moment was amazing! I know they wont become a couple but i wouldnt mind if they did because their friendship is so strong and beautiful.
I expected Mayama's reaction to be much stronger.
Ha ha, that suit of adolescence!
I didnt really understand the talk between Morita and Shuu-sensei. I guess, Hagu moved away from the path of a true artist and decided to take commercial projects.
Geez, Takemoto! Would it kill you to just try and comfort her?! How can you be so idecisive!
Apr 21, 2015 5:12 AM

Aug 2014
remaining 4 episodes again. I want to know how it goes
Jun 28, 2015 1:56 PM

Jul 2013
Weirdly he didn't say elves in the dub, I don't know what he said but it was funny.

Yeah, Shinobu and Ayumi's talk was so sweet, they would make a cute couple.
Nov 25, 2015 11:59 PM

Dec 2012
phantom19 said:

Takemoto is still the one that’s the most lost. It must suck seeing all your friends move on with jobs/relationships while you’re the one still stuck. I hope he finds what he’s looking for and himself.
This is the story of my life right here. I completely feel for Takemoto, I've been watching life through his lens since I graduated high school.

This episode had quite a few powerful moments. The moment between Shuu and Morita obviously, but also really liked what that teacher had to say to Ayu. That keeping yourself occupied and taking your mind off of a question sometimes leads to the answer unexpectedly.

That quote at the end really hit it all home for me. "Is it more painful to cry when you can't do something you want to, or when you can't find what you want to do?" It really does make me wonder which one has had the biggest impact on me.
Sep 4, 2016 8:50 AM

Jun 2016
The part with Shinibu and Ayumi was so cute and touching. Actually, they make a cute couple.

Is it just me or is Shinobu extra sensitive towards Ayumi from the vey beginning? Whenever she is depressed, he comes and does something to cheer her up, but he doesn't act like that around his other friends.
This anime is sure confusing! :/
Jan 16, 2017 6:36 PM

Jan 2013
This certainly knows how to end on a profound note.
Good episode, though I wish things would change.
Apr 11, 2017 6:58 AM

Feb 2013
Leader is too damn adorable!
I don't like seeing Hagu-chan cry.
Mar 28, 2018 9:11 AM

May 2015
Good episode as always. Yamada don't touch this clay.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Apr 13, 2018 11:41 PM

Sep 2013
Omg...I honestly don't know what happened during the last 10 minutes or so because this anime is so slow-paced I just can't stay focused on it.

Again, I'm only finishing this thing because it's on my list for the 2018 anime watching challenge. 4 more episodes and I can wake from the coma that this show has put me into.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Dec 22, 2018 3:00 AM

May 2016
That ending sure was deep can't believe where Takemoto find these deepful meaning words to express his sadness.
Feb 10, 2020 1:15 AM

Oct 2019
Finally I can nearly complete it!! urgh this anime has legitimately made me super bored throughout the whole time I've watched it.
Jun 15, 2021 5:57 PM

Jan 2021
I liked that the ferris wheel was used as a different metaphor here. Nomyia said that it was something to look at, not something to ride, yet he clearly longs for the ferris wheel or rather what it represents, which is a loving relationship, afaik. This is also a nice circling back to the scene with Yamada and Mayama sitting together in the ferris wheel, but this time with Yamada and Nomiya and apparently switched roles.

This was the first episode with that white on black screens giving us insight about the inner turmoils of specific characters, right? I'm curious, if it is a one time appearance or will return.

CalmTeaTimeJan 6, 2022 11:25 AM
Jan 12, 2023 10:03 AM

May 2018
cool episode, but I can't take serious Morita seriously...

More topics from this board

Poll: » Opening

I_0_dont_0_know - Apr 10

3 by mikorinismyson »»
Apr 11, 2:46 AM

Poll: » Hachimitsu to Clover Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Kayro - Mar 17, 2008

126 by whereswisteria »»
Mar 29, 2:43 PM

Poll: » Hachimitsu to Clover Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Fentastic - Oct 5, 2008

124 by anti0taku »»
Sep 14, 2023 4:50 PM

Poll: » Hachimitsu to Clover Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Kayro - Mar 21, 2008

61 by anti0taku »»
Aug 3, 2023 2:42 PM

Poll: » Hachimitsu to Clover Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Kayro - Mar 20, 2008

63 by anti0taku »»
Aug 3, 2023 1:08 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.