Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Mar 23, 2008 10:48 AM

Jan 2008
Mouser888 said:
I'll end with a 7. Not a bad ending just slightly random. This anime was never strong, felt rushed at some parts, but it always got its message across. Even if it was a small smile it still made you smile. Only thing that bugs me is who is the person that called to Otoha?

and i thought i was the only one thinking that! but no one knows the answer anyway
Mar 23, 2008 12:00 PM

Nov 2007
That was random...

I didn't like how she just stood there waiting for the train to come. If she was trying to protect that child, just standing there wouldn't do anything. Also the how she was randomly resurrected was weird. Other than that I liked it. I want to give this a 7.5 or something like that but I can't so I'll give it an 8/10.

Btw, Nice Train. <_<
Mar 23, 2008 12:22 PM

Jan 2008
I have no idea what just happened there.
Mar 23, 2008 12:30 PM

Aug 2007
WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED TO THE HAREM END???
HOW THE HELL DID HIROSE GO FROM WIMP TO BADASS BISHONEN???
WHAT HAPPENED TO THE KID THAT HAYAMI KILLED? xD

What a huge cop-out episode. There is really nothing worse than bringing a dead character back to life. No matter how they explain things, Hayami did in fact die and they brought her back to life for no reason whatsoever.

I personally enjoyed the episode until the very end when Hayami makes her glorious reappearance. The message of Hirose getting through his psychological trauma would have been more powerful if Hayami remained dead. The Deus Ex type ending left a bitter taste in an otherwise great episode.

This has to be one of the few episodes that ZEXCS executed properly, but they had to ruin it at the very end. Such a pity really...this episode almost reached "Rocks Your Soul" level if they only tried a bit harder...
Mar 23, 2008 12:31 PM

Jul 2007
Timeskips, characters coming back from the dead... at least it wasn't revealed that Hayami and Takuma were secret childhood friends. There were so many WTF moments in this episode it was amazing.

Darkreaper70 said:
It seems weird that the title is named H20- Footprints in the sand yet it had nothing to do with H20, footprints, sad, or any metaphors that fit it (time maybe because the title came from a poem which had the line "In the footprints of the sands of time, so it means that someone wanted to leave a lasting impression during their time/stay)

H2O was supposed to be the three girls, Hayami, Hotaru, and Otoha. "Footprints" is the name of a Christian poem, the metaphor of which is explained in the first and last episodes (being "carried" during times of stress, etc), and I guess in this case it refers to Takuma and Hayami. Or something.
_k1_Mar 23, 2008 12:34 PM
Mar 23, 2008 12:40 PM

Jul 2007
Lame ending is lame.
Really, after episode 11 i thought they might be able to do a proper ending, but they failed. Like lots of people here, i feel like it was rushed. I couldn't feel sad when Hayami died because her death was so badly pulled off and didn't feel "real". The ending gets a big 3/10

The anime as a whole wasn't bad, but it was far from great. Some enjoyable moments, but nothing special. 6/10.
Mar 23, 2008 12:54 PM

Dec 2007
I'm disapointed, I expected a better ending
I'm giving it a 6/10

Mar 23, 2008 1:08 PM
Lead Admin
Faerie Queen

Aug 2007
Mathes said:
Well at least I can agree with the unexpected factor of this show.
You really never know what ridiculous shit will happen next. [...]
Ugh, truth.
cyruz said:
That was so weird and so not-good. Seeing the first third of the episode, I thought it might be the only good episode but I was proven wrong. It probably deserves a 5 but I'll keep my score of 6.
Agreed. 6/10 for me, even though I think it should be a 5 as well.
PimpToad said:
WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED TO THE HAREM END???
HOW THE HELL DID HIROSE GO FROM WIMP TO BADASS BISHONEN???
WHAT HAPPENED TO THE KID THAT HAYAMI KILLED? xD

What a huge cop-out episode. There is really nothing worse than bringing a dead character back to life. No matter how they explain things, Hayami did in fact die and they brought her back to life for no reason whatsoever.
Hahaha, Badass Bishounen = win. I hated that they brought her back to life too. If you've got the balls to kill her off, then have the balls to keep her dead.
Mar 23, 2008 1:13 PM

Jan 2008
Maharet said:
I'm giving it a 6/10

well, what did you expect? it was a very nice ending... i loved it... 5/5
Mar 23, 2008 1:22 PM

Oct 2007
-Hotaru's grandfather was sended to jail. *I cheered and praised the police.*
-Hayami get rammed by a train. *I cried and cursed the scriptwriter.*
-Chibi Otoha then came out chased by a wild boar. *I smiled a bit, while crying.*
-Hayami was resurrected. *I scratched my head and said, WTF!? and wiped out my tears.*

Not bad, this series played my emotion. It is just like my girlfriend said to me: "No I don't love you. I simply plays with your stupid feelings."

I care less about Takuma being a bishonen. But why his sound is still like a girl? Yes I know the seiyuu is a female, but at least make a deeper voice!

"Best ending ever.* WTF!?

Anyway, 6/10 to it. And +1 for it to successfully twisted my fragile and sentimental heart to totally m*****f****r badass heart. Bravo. Creative. SO overall, 7/10!

I feel like an idiot! I mean, WTF?
h0riz0nLineMar 23, 2008 1:48 PM
Mar 23, 2008 2:15 PM

Aug 2007
This anime is a 4 or 5 out of 10 for me. Yeah this anime was really boring the whole time. There are a lot of WTF moments. But a good ending. I'm a sucker for them years later ending.
Mar 23, 2008 3:01 PM

Aug 2007
Wow, this was quite the wtf episode.

Pretty bad animation, Hirose calling Hayami mom, everyone have the same voices 5 years or so later, Hayami revived?!
And ofcourse, some corny words and sentences put in at the end.

5 out of 10 from me. Might change to a 4. But that means I'll have to change School Days to 3.
CheezyMar 23, 2008 3:04 PM
Mar 23, 2008 3:27 PM

Feb 2008
whos the baby's daddy again?

im not so surprised of her coming back since the otoha was real despite the blurred fact of it. they never did imply that she wasnt real, and it is not so far beyond her (or the spirits' powers) to bring someone back from the dead.
Mar 23, 2008 3:35 PM

Dec 2007
Well this anime definitely ended better then it started.
Though if one word would describe it
"bizzare"

At times, I couldn't tell what type of anime it was trying to be. Phycological? Slice-of-life? Harem? Supernatural? Tragedy? Mystery?

I wouldn't recommend this anime unless someone was desperately looking for a romance.
It didn't quite "Rock my Soul" and it didn't quite meet my expectations, but I did enjoy it
and according to my rating system
that gives this anime, a 7/10
Mar 23, 2008 4:16 PM

May 2007
the baby's dad is most like Hamaji (yes, he's a guy)

didn't seem as bad as people have been saying it was.

ironic that the story goes along the lines of a religious poem though...
Mar 23, 2008 4:20 PM

Aug 2007
I found this out while searching for the complete poem.

http://www.wowzone.com/fprints.htm

3 diferent "poems" from 3 diferent people with the same message.

I also found out that a lot of mistery and unknowness flows around the so called "Footprints" poem. The autor isn't known for sure, nor the date it was written, nor the real message and purpouse it was written with. Hmmmm... If this inspired the anime of course it would be a little confusing.
Mar 23, 2008 4:30 PM

Jun 2007
Master_M2K said:
Finally we have Maki making babies with that transvestite.

ROFL thats who the dad was? I couldn't figure it out. I knew the baby looked like a character from the show I just couldn't figure out who haha. Wow thats pretty funny, I feel bad for the kid. I hope he doesn't grow up seeing his dad cross dress haha.
kid: Dad why are there no high school pics of you?
Dad: I'm that tall girl right there.
XD

I thought the beginning was good until Hayami stood there and got hit by a train. Then it all just went down hill. My mind is in WTF state trying to make sense out of what I just watched. The whole ending made no sense at all. I mean I could understand him seeing her as a ghost but Otoha made it pretty clear Hayami is alive again....how that happen I have no idea. I'm still happy shes alive but they should have come up with a little more of a realistic ending.
Mar 23, 2008 4:37 PM

Jan 2007
like many others here, this episode was just one big WTF. Seriously, I could not register everythig that was going one. I just couldn't believe the turn of events. Overall, it gets a 5 from me.
Mar 23, 2008 5:30 PM

Feb 2008
whatever the case is..the old man lost everyone won...the end....

i think oto was returning a favor so...there you have it.

as for the poem, Christians tend to take heart to that one becuase of its religious theme, but that was pretty much the only connection this show had to religion. whichever prospective you take the show still has its meaning without being religious.
Mar 23, 2008 5:36 PM

Nov 2007
4/10 for me.
I'm not very satisfied ... i would prefer an another and. It's good but it's strange and special !

Finaly, H2o is a good anime, with any excellent elements (as the story of Hayami, Hotaru-Hinata ...(but i am not a fan of Takuma XD)), but not spectacular ^^"

Mar 23, 2008 5:53 PM

Sep 2007
Gee, I'm not sure what show most of these people were watching, because it certainly wasn't H2O. I never found the show boring; there was no filler, interesting characters, and an ending that I really didn't expect.

Combine this with the fact lots of people bitch about the ending makes me feel that the ending was a good one. 8/10
Mar 23, 2008 6:11 PM

May 2007
People, don't ever let your kids miss kindergarten. When the lights are beeping and there's a warning bell sound in front of a rail track, DO NOT CROSS.
Mar 23, 2008 6:34 PM
Mar 2008
The series kinda died at two points(I think everyone will agree with that, and know it's episodes 4 and 8 I'm talking about), but I still watched after 8 because I'm always hopeful that it would get better. Fortunately I was right.
I'm more into the sappy psycotic and depressing endings. When I was watching episodes 10 and 11 it was quickly turning into one of those kinds of anime. Needless to say I loved it immencely.
Episode 12 basically ended that scene from the end of 11 with Hotaru calling the cops(If she were real I would kiss her feet, but then if this anime were real, I would have killed the Grandfather first. I'd make him suffer a slow and painful death. I like Takuma's character). During the middle of the episode I started to wonder how they were going to end this, and prayed they wouldn't end it like it is(with Takuma reverting back to his child self). Thankfully Hayami set him on the right track-maybe I shouldn't say 'track' after just watching the episode.
The very end is what confused me. I understand the situation up until Hayami, who was supposed to be dead, comes back to life, and Otoha makes an appearance as a kid. Otoha's "magic" perhaps? Still, it seems too good to be true. But that's how it is. I still wonder how many years had passed after Hayami died. It must not be very many years, maybe eight? In that case, Takuma was around twenty five or so.
Overall, I enjoyed the episode a lot. I'm voting a 5/5. The story ended fairly good, but everything that led up to it is what made the series great to me.
Mar 23, 2008 6:55 PM

Aug 2007
hahah that tranny Hamaji actually became a dad!

Guns don't kill people. Japanese trains do.
Mar 23, 2008 6:56 PM
Jun 2007
Episode was pretty wierd but i liked it and uhm... How did she come back? Oh well lol im glad she did
Moderator Edit: Signature deleted. Please re-read the General Forum Guidelines.
Mar 23, 2008 7:35 PM

Nov 2007
Finally got around to seeing it (only a few days late!) and enjoyed this final ep for the mostpart. For the dive in the middle of the series, the end wrapped it up well. Not a great story, but watchable.
Mar 23, 2008 8:54 PM

Jan 2008
Seishi said:
Gee, I'm not sure what show most of these people were watching, because it certainly wasn't H2O. I never found the show boring; there was no filler, interesting characters, and an ending that I really didn't expect.

Combine this with the fact lots of people bitch about the ending makes me feel that the ending was a good one. 8/10

hahaha, well said :D
Mar 24, 2008 12:14 AM

Sep 2007
I'm not sure what you people have been watching either. I'm also not sure why nobody seems to understand the ending. It appeared to make perfect sense to me. Nonetheless...

I think a lot of peoples' problems with this show stem from two issues; that is:
a) they expected romance/drama, when that isn't ultimately the main focus (despite what it seems like from the beginning)
b) they haven't stopped to think about what's going on, because they stop at 'romance/drama' thought process-- people in it for the romance/drama won't appreciate the mindfuck, and people who would haven't started watching it because of its surface appearance

The romance is a part of it-- but it's not the focus. Rather, H2O is about the village, and importantly, Takuma himself. Putting aside his influence on everyone else... Hotaru and Hayami especially... The boy has a whole lot of mental issues, and that's the whole point of the last few eps.

In my opinion, Hayami hasn't come back to life. Otoha said it herself-- don't remember the exact quote, but something like organising it with the Spirit Council or whatever it was. Much like Otoha was only able to be percieved by Takuma... that is, she's dead, but able to "visit" him... that's the impression of what I got from Hayami. It wasn't a happy ending. If the show wanted to have a happy ending, Takuma and Hayami would have had some teary reunion type scene. It's bittersweet.

And as the poem says... in his worst times, he was carried by the Lord. I think in a sense that is the point of Hayami and Otoha. They are beside him now, now that he has gotten over his mental problems... while they carried him when he was dealing with them.

Well, perhaps I think too much into this, but I really enjoyed H2O. It was such an unexpected ending. If only it had the budget of something like True Tears, and people might've appreciated it some more. 9/10 from me
Mar 24, 2008 4:01 AM

Jan 2008
mmm.. there isn't many discussion about the poem except static, didn't anyone liked it? honestly, i was really moved by the poem at the end, 2 footprints in the sand, but ended to be 1 when the man was suffering, the man asked why god left him, but god said he was always with him, the 1 footprints came from the god, because god was carrying him on his back while he was in pain

and i can see some asking why hayami just stand there smilling and get hit, i agree though, she could've leap with the kid or something else, as for smilling, it was perfectly normal for her to smile, i mean, hirose just open his eyes and yell "HAYAMI!" instead of 'mom'

and, Tanuki, great post!
Mar 24, 2008 5:51 AM

Jul 2007
An OVA would really help to explain things...
there are a lot of holes in the story, like for example
1.why did Hinata's grandfather want to pair up Hirose and Hinata so much? is it because he is the chosen one, then what does that mean?
2.did Hayami die or not, and if she did how was she revived? this is not some supernatural magical anime isn't it?

what coincidence for Hayami having the same fate as Hirose's mother
well other than that I still liked it so I'll give it a 7/10 <from me, that's already pretty high!
Mar 24, 2008 5:54 AM

Jan 2008
A good episode, a good ending. But just not enough to redeem itself, grandfather got prison. I guess that's good, Thing's have turned out pretty good at the end. Though I gotta say 'What the hell are you doing' when Takuma was looking through the window when he got into the apartment in Tokyo, not blind anymore are we?

7/10 In my HONEST opinion.

我爱你

Mar 24, 2008 7:29 AM

Dec 2007
sabermetrics said:
Maharet said:
I'm giving it a 6/10

well, what did you expect? it was a very nice ending... i loved it... 5/5

I really didn't like the way Hayami died. Why would she have the exact same fate as Takuma's mother? and how could he "accept everything" by experiencing the same tragic thing twice?

Mar 24, 2008 12:13 PM

Aug 2007
I mean all she did was abandon her own kid for another better looking one...Any self-respecting parent would definitely want to trade up, especially if their kid is as wimpy as Hirose...xD

BUT!!!

He became a badass bishonen in the end...an investment I tell you!

Everything is fine since ZEXCS pulled a plot device hax and reincarnated Hayami, no need to question as to why Hirose would accept Hayami and kid being ran over by a train.
Mar 24, 2008 12:55 PM

Oct 2007
OMG ZOMBIES!!! Watch out Hirose!!!
Mar 24, 2008 2:15 PM

Jan 2008
Hotaru's grandfather got what he deserved, I think that's what satisfied me the most.
Yeah I was happy he got to be with Hayami in the end...I just found it weird that BAM she was gone and then they just decided "Oh hey, she's back again!". It felt rushed.
Mar 24, 2008 4:01 PM

Sep 2007
wow, this episode sucked. if hayami hadn't been revived, i would have given this a 4/10. but she came back! that lovely black dress at the end and the fact, that hayami is still alive boosts this anime to an 7/10.

need to play the eroge. defintely.
Mar 24, 2008 6:37 PM
Jun 2007
A solid 7/10. I don't know man, but this would've been better because of the awesome plot, but the ending nearly ruined it. This probably would've been thousand times better if kyo animated this.. =P
Mar 24, 2008 10:22 PM

Jan 2008
i don't know about kyo, honestly i think this episode had more excitement compared to clannad, and ZEXCS is a good studio, anyway i shouldn't be comparing both of them, it's like comparing apples with orange
Mar 29, 2008 2:36 AM

Sep 2007
id said:
i don't know about kyo, honestly i think this episode had more excitement compared to clannad, and ZEXCS is a good studio, anyway i shouldn't be comparing both of them, it's like comparing apples with orange
Lol. Ep 22 of Clannad was too boring and predictable for me.

Nice episode, although the ending didn't really make sense. Oh well, I bumped my score up from a 5 to a 6 because the story actually closed with a decent ending. Overall a good series, but just fell a bit short of being great.
Nek0Mar 29, 2008 3:18 AM

Mar 29, 2008 8:56 AM

Nov 2007
Funny how all the people who hated the anime kept watching it, overall, great anime. T_T
Mar 29, 2008 10:06 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
YuenSan said:
Funny how all the people who hated the anime kept watching it, overall, great anime. T_T

I feel like my score has a higher representative meaning if I know all the anime instead of dropping it after 1 or 2 episodes.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Apr 2, 2008 5:11 PM

Oct 2007
it wasn't the best ending but i was one of the few fans of the show from the beginning eps. I know everyone can't wait for ~H2O-Magical Heart Otoha-Chan~ ...sarcasm
Apr 3, 2008 11:24 PM

Sep 2007
Out of curiosity, had no one heard that poem before? I thought it was pretty popular, when I was a kid we had it framed in our family room, but I guess not...

This is the version we had, though there are actually quite a few out there:

In deepest sleep one night I dreamed
That on the beach I walked.
God was by my side each step
And quietly we talked.
Then on the sky my life was flashed;
The visions all serene.
Two sets of footprints in the sand
Were there in every scene.
But then I noticed in some scenes
Of suffering, pain, and strife...
Just a single set of footprints
At the worst times of my life.
"God... you said you'd stay by me
In good times and in bad...
Why then did you leave me
Each time my life was sad?"
"My precious child," God answered,
"When your life had pain, I knew;
The single set of footprints
Were the times I carried you."
NatakiApr 3, 2008 11:32 PM
Apr 4, 2008 8:26 AM

Feb 2008
So Hayami is a spirit or she's really alive? After read all the comments I still confused which is the truth?
Apr 4, 2008 12:43 PM

Jul 2007
This last episode was much better than I expected, and it manged to make the series quite good. But the rest of the series, especially the boring fanservice parts were just bad...
Auau hauu hauu auau auu-wa hauuau~
Apr 5, 2008 1:03 PM

Jan 2008
Nataki said:
Out of curiosity, had no one heard that poem before? I thought it was pretty popular, when I was a kid we had it framed in our family room, but I guess not...

And quietly we talked.
The visions all serene.

finally someone mentioned the poem besides me and static :D
Apr 5, 2008 5:56 PM

Jun 2007
Here's what I think happened, bear with me:
Otoha manipulated things so that Hirose could see and ensure that the village was brought together and the elder's general arseholery was ended. She then snapped things back to normal to allow Hirose to remember what happened to his mother and actually regain his sight (his problem wasn't physical, remember him saying the doctor couldn't find anything wrong with him?). Then, as Otoha said, she pulled some strings to be allowed to manipulate it so that Hayami actually lives. That's just my interpretation, I'm just throwing it out there to be abused ;)
Your search on "Oran Solus" returned the following quotes:
"Oran Solus? I know him. What a wanker. He still owes me a tenner." Oscar Wilde
"Oran, you're so intelligent and awesome <3" Bakayaro
"Oran's sexy." LolitaDecay
"Oran is a sophisticated penguin." Drybananna
"Oran is a Hand-Eye you faggots." EddieSpaghetti
"Oran for Prime Minister." the_prime_one
"Oran is all that is stated in his sig and more." orbitzz

Apr 13, 2008 5:11 PM

Jun 2007
Who was the father of Maki's kid? xD I know this is random, but I got curious…lol…
Apr 15, 2008 7:33 PM

Feb 2008
Hamaji. He sneezed when they were talking about the kid's father.

I gave this anime a 10/10.. A lot of twist which really caught me (Hamaji being one)... I will need to watch the series one more time to catch the hints (or flaws) of the twist.

@ OranSolus, Otoha herself said that she "convinced the spirits" to let Hayami come back, but I'd like to know how she did that? What is Otoha actually? Is she the "God" mentioned in the poem? And who is the one who called out to Otoha before Hayami came in?

Maybe Otoha is indeed a guardian spirit of the village (Spirit of Sound and Time XD), but if she has the power to bring someone back to life, why doesn't she do so for Hirose mother?
Maybe, just maybe, she used her power to saved Hayami from death when she was knocked by the train, and Hirose and others assumed that she is dead cause they cannot find the body?
Apr 24, 2008 8:53 PM

Mar 2007
Ok...like many other members here... I'm a bit "WTF?!" myself after just finishing the series (Yes, I know I'm a little late...)...

Hayami "dying" in the same way Takuma's mother did was a pretty cliché... after all that...it's what put me in the "WTF?!" mood...

It's good that they showed what happens in the future...however it still confuses me how Hayami came back after dying... the theory that Otoha brought her back sounds...feasible...but yeah...I'm not too happy with the ending...all I'm saying is it could've been better...

And because of that, an over score of 7/10 from me...down from 9/10 unfortunately...

id said:
Nataki said:

And quietly we talked.
The visions all serene.

finally someone mentioned the poem besides me and static :D

Yeah, I've heard that poem/story before...It's popular but I guess if your not religious/Christian you wouldn't come across it... :s But other than that, it's a very beautiful poem...
Join the Kyonko Fanclub Today! | Join the MAL Tenjou Tenge Fanclub Today!
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » H2O ~Footprints in the Sand~ Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Phrosh - Jan 25, 2008

77 by AdityaRizkiS »»
Dec 14, 2023 9:23 AM

Poll: » H2O ~Footprints in the Sand~ Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

radiantfire - Jan 3, 2008

78 by AdityaRizkiS »»
Dec 13, 2023 12:03 PM

Poll: » H2O ~Footprints in the Sand~ Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

cyruz - Mar 15, 2008

99 by Archean-Return »»
Oct 19, 2023 5:21 PM

Poll: » H2O ~Footprints in the Sand~ Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

chibuki - Mar 8, 2008

58 by Archean-Return »»
Oct 19, 2023 4:37 PM

Poll: » H2O ~Footprints in the Sand~ Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KY791 - Feb 28, 2008

60 by Archean-Return »»
Oct 19, 2023 3:44 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.