MyAnimeList.net

Anime Information
Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Clannad Episode 22 Discussion
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Anime Discussion »» Series Discussion »» Clannad »» Clannad Episode 22 Discussion

Pages (13) « First ... « 9 10 [11] 12 13 »
View Poll Results: Clannad Episode 22 Discussion
5 out of 5: Loved it!

356 74.17%
4 out of 5: Liked it

76 15.83%
3 out of 5: It was OK

27 5.63%
2 out of 5: Disliked it

12 2.50%
1 out of 5: Hated it

9 1.88%
Voters: 480

02-21-12, 1:53 AM

My feelings towards Clannad are fairly neutral but I disagree entirely with that Angel Beats review you posted, Karhu.

The review frankly offends me. Most of it is opinion which is fine but the part that gets me is the mentioning of how people are getting fooled by fake emotions. Normally, I would just move on and ignore this but I have a friend that changed his entire life over Angel Beats.

I've known the guy for years and he's always been pretty laid back and lives life without much ambition or care for anyone else. As ridiculous as this may sound, when he saw Angel Beats last year, he went through some emotional changes. He now works for Big Brothers (Canadian group dedicated to providing for the homeless and needy) and spends all of his time helping those less fortunate. I couldn't believe it myself, I mean, the guy was pretty much an asshole before all this.

What I am saying is...that this anime affected him more so than when his parents died. I'm quite offended that you would call this change in him "fake". Is this change in his life over "false emotions"? I think the emotions he felt were very real and you have no right to call them otherwise.

You're basically stepping on the goodwill of all the people who become organ donors after watching Angel Beats (believe me, it actually happens). I had never thought about being an organ donor before but now I am one. It never even crossed my mind, I guess most people don't think about it. Say what you will about the anime but it enlightened me on how I could end up saving someone with my organs.

02-21-12, 5:24 AM

sfu_arc_member said:
My feelings towards Clannad are fairly neutral but I disagree entirely with that Angel Beats review you posted, Karhu.

The review frankly offends me. Most of it is opinion which is fine but the part that gets me is the mentioning of how people are getting fooled by fake emotions. Normally, I would just move on and ignore this but I have a friend that changed his entire life over Angel Beats.

I've known the guy for years and he's always been pretty laid back and lives life without much ambition or care for anyone else. As ridiculous as this may sound, when he saw Angel Beats last year, he went through some emotional changes. He now works for Big Brothers (Canadian group dedicated to providing for the homeless and needy) and spends all of his time helping those less fortunate. I couldn't believe it myself, I mean, the guy was pretty much an asshole before all this.

What I am saying is...that this anime affected him more so than when his parents died. I'm quite offended that you would call this change in him "fake". Is this change in his life over "false emotions"? I think the emotions he felt were very real and you have no right to call them otherwise.

You're basically stepping on the goodwill of all the people who become organ donors after watching Angel Beats (believe me, it actually happens). I had never thought about being an organ donor before but now I am one. It never even crossed my mind, I guess most people don't think about it. Say what you will about the anime but it enlightened me on how I could end up saving someone with my organs.

Cool story bro.

Key/KyoAni always resorted to cheap tricks to move the viewer. So, first of all: if you didn't watch some other "drama" animes, then they might look great. But if you did... Then you know that they're just another cookie-cutter forced drama. If you only need crap like this to change then... Woah, dude you're as shallow as my teaspoon. I wonder, how would you're life change if you watched something truly great?...

BTW - how many organ donors didn't watch angel beats? Hm?

PS. Weak-minded people are easily influenced. Ever heard of people who started to study medicine or take vicodin after watching House M.D? Ever heard of the "C.S.I. effect?"

/ED
@2BishopChris
I'd rather be elitist than easily manipulated sheep. I think Karhu would say something similar.
Modified by orzel286, 02-21-12, 5:37 AM
MyAnimeRecommendation

Mandalorian Space Marine in a Battletech Mech = overkill.

I iz LOGH fanboy! WAAAAAGH!!! MILK FOR THE KHORNE FLAKES!!!!!

02-21-12, 3:04 PM

orzel286 said:
sfu_arc_member said:

Cool story bro.

Key/KyoAni always resorted to cheap tricks to move the viewer. So, first of all: if you didn't watch some other "drama" animes, then they might look great. But if you did... Then you know that they're just another cookie-cutter forced drama. If you only need crap like this to change then... Woah, dude you're as shallow as my teaspoon. I wonder, how would you're life change if you watched something truly great?...

PS. Weak-minded people are easily influenced. Ever heard of people who started to study medicine or take vicodin after watching House M.D? Ever heard of the "C.S.I. effect?"

/ED
@2BishopChris
I'd rather be elitist than easily manipulated sheep. I think Karhu would say something similar.

I think it's wrong that you call people easily manipulated sheep. Everyone has different tastes, just because you don't like it, you call the people that like it easily manipulated sheep?

I've seen many drama anime, it's actually my favorite genre along with tragedy. I'm actually an English Drama Major and I've done my fair share of analyzing drama's of old and new. Just because someone can change from Angel Beats doesn't make them shallow.

These cheap tricks you refer to is present in ALL drama. Shakespeare has been using them since the earliest days of drama. All these other drama anime use it to. I've had extensive exposure to drama for a long time and I can still say Angel Beats one of the greatest drama I've ever seen (not just anime but in general). And that is my opinion to say so, I'm not gonna go on a anti-crusade like you and just downplay people that don't think otherwise. This is MY opinion.

Edit: Also, if something is influencing people to go out and do good things, then what is the problem? If Angel Beats is influencing people to go out and become organ donors, that is making the world a better place. Most people out there get inspiration from something. What is the difference whether you get it from an anime, an idol, or a real life incident? Are you saying everyone is weak-minded then since everyone gets an idea of what they want to do from something else? There are doctors out there who become doctors because they wanted to help others. Lets say someone watches a movie and gets this idea because the movie inspired them. Ignoring the fact that they got it from a movie, they now have the will to go out and help others. This is the same situation.

Also, I noticed one of the anime in your favorite list is Great Teacher Onizuka which is interesting because my best friend is a high school teacher. GTO was the very anime that made him go out and become one. He was originally training to become an accountant but upon watching GTO, he started pondering about his life for a couple months and in the end, he decided to stop and switch his focus. Right now, he's a great teacher that is dedicated to his students (from what I can notice anyways) and this is because of GTO. He basically sees Onizuka Eikichi as a hero and aspires to become like him, he's been working with this in mind for years now.
Modified by sfu_arc_member, 02-21-12, 4:02 PM

03-11-12, 3:38 PM

I still love this series. seconded time to re-watch and it's still my favorite anime.

04-22-12, 6:52 PM

Wow, a lot took place in this ep, felt it was quite fast paced, and his confession was rushed, it was a good ep though.
El Psy Congroo

まだまだだね!!!

04-23-12, 5:25 PM

Yea I really dislike emo Nagisa it's just too cliche and stupid. But I like Akio and the ending was good.
I need to update this thing

04-29-12, 12:28 AM

So the climax of the whole series is really a shonen action show speech that solves everything?

05-06-12, 12:34 PM

I thought it was kind of awkward that they had that conversation in the middle of the play. I think all of that could have happened before the play started and it would have been the same.

05-06-12, 12:44 PM

It's totally awesome~The one and only anime that ever made me cry..(or close to it..)

06-20-12, 3:28 PM

Well, nothing surprising here but good end. Muted colours at the beginning were well done, I think. Emo Nagisa is just annoying ... and by that I mean even more so than usual. I really hate characters like that -_-"
Akio shouting in the middle of the play surprised me but just made him more awesome XD How does he look exactly the same after like 20 years?! Lol XD
So the doll/girl thing was just the play. I still don't really get it but they go to a different world I guess ... AND THEY SING. Same reaction as Tomoya lol wtf :P
I wanted to see him forgive his dad or whatever ... well, we got a bit of it, I guess. It's a start? Shame though, I would have liked THAT to be resolved at least ...
Tomoya finally confesses. Well, not that I expected anything else, really -_-" Oh and yes THANK YOU SUBBER PEOPLES for not subbing the chalkboard thing. I honestly had no clue wtf they were writing until I read it was their names. DURRRR -_-"
Next episode is a random summer themed one? Uh, OK o_O

07-24-12, 11:40 PM

I fucking hate Nagisa, she's such a weak character, can't stand shit, runs for Okazaki's smegma-ridden dick.
Tomoyo is the shit, now that's character.

07-27-12, 11:02 PM

This show had some really touching moments that made me cry :***(. I thought the characters and the story were pretty good but i felt like the second half of the series didn't really get to me as i wanted it to be. the ending wasnt bad but it didnt amaze me (felt like it was rushed). Overall i'd give this a 7/10. im hoping the after story will be much better because it'll be around them as a couple now :)

08-13-12, 4:40 AM

Akio really deserves to get into my favorite 10. He did so in this episode. As for the rest... The depressed nagisa was looking very good, but it was so hard to watch her like this = Tomoya made the move... and I didn't really expect him to do so.
At this point the other characters feel so useless, except for Sunohara, who, well, is a great support character.

I hope that the final episode isn't gonna ruin the so good impression I've got from Clannad.

08-14-12, 11:35 PM

If pretty sure the only reason that I'm apathetic toward these last few episodes is due to the fact that I hate Nagisa so much... I can't stand her.

08-22-12, 6:29 PM

Wow. I didn't so much like the arc with the nonexistant girl making wooden starfish but the rest of the series I really enjoyed and the last couple episodes were the best. Oh I guess there's one more...

[IMG]http://cdn.myanimelist.net/signature/RyanMortos.png[/IMG]

I'm a webdeveloper, yet too darn lazy to make a signature...

08-28-12, 9:47 PM

sfu_arc_member said:
orzel286 said:
sfu_arc_member said:

Cool story bro.

/ED
@2BishopChris

I think it's wrong that you call people easily manipulated sheep. Everyone has different tastes, just because you don't like it, you call the people that like it easily manipulated sheep?

I've seen many drama anime, it's actually my favorite genre along with tragedy. I'm actually an English Drama Major and I've done my fair share of analyzing drama's of old and new. Just because someone can change from Angel Beats doesn't make them shallow.

These cheap tricks you refer to is present in ALL drama. Shakespeare has been using them since the earliest days of drama. All these other drama anime use it to. I've had extensive exposure to drama for a long time and I can still say Angel Beats one of the greatest drama I've ever seen (not just anime but in general). And that is my opinion to say so, I'm not gonna go on a anti-crusade like you and just downplay people that don't think otherwise. This is MY opinion.

Edit: Also, if something is influencing people to go out and do good things, then what is the problem? If Angel Beats is influencing people to go out and become organ donors, that is making the world a better place. Most people out there get inspiration from something. What is the difference whether you get it from an anime, an idol, or a real life incident? Are you saying everyone is weak-minded then since everyone gets an idea of what they want to do from something else? There are doctors out there who become doctors because they wanted to help others. Lets say someone watches a movie and gets this idea because the movie inspired them. Ignoring the fact that they got it from a movie, they now have the will to go out and help others. This is the same situation.

Also, I noticed one of the anime in your favorite list is Great Teacher Onizuka which is interesting because my best friend is a high school teacher. GTO was the very anime that made him go out and become one. He was originally training to become an accountant but upon watching GTO, he started pondering about his life for a couple months and in the end, he decided to stop and switch his focus. Right now, he's a great teacher that is dedicated to his students (from what I can notice anyways) and this is because of GTO. He basically sees Onizuka Eikichi as a hero and aspires to become like him, he's been working with this in mind for years now.

Im agree with all this guy says =) I've just wanted to say it.
Going back to Clannad, I think it was great. You can easily imagine the emotional tricks the makers of the visual novel (and anime) have used to make the story. But you know what, it actually works. It was fun and moving.
Guess I will have to fin another "key" adaptation to anime =)

08-29-12, 10:29 PM

I thought that the whole part where her Dad burst in and started screaming all that personal stuff in front of the whole audience was somewhat awkward and over the top. :|

That being said, I liked how Tomoya explicitly told Naigsa that he loved her and they didn't have to use some cliche kiss or anything like that to end everything properly.

09-03-12, 7:43 PM

It was kinda rushed. Honestly, the confession scene wasn't done that well. But yeah okay. 4/5
One more episode to go.
myanimelist. | ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ

10-13-12, 12:31 AM

yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes HE FINALLY SAID IT!! T_T so happy right now

11-06-12, 5:52 AM

An Exciting Episode! * - * Finally Okazaki declared himself! I thought that Nagisa would overcome the problem by herself on stage, but she was needed the help of his father, mother, Okazaki and others .... but it was cool. ^ ^

Pages (13) « First ... « 9 10 [11] 12 13 »
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices