Forum Settings
Forums
New
Mar 20, 2008 4:16 PM

May 2007
K, you can never judge a book by its cover.
But its somehow strange how it was exactly the opposite of my expectations.
Thats good and bad, in my opinion.
Actually, thats supposed to be good since the thing i most hate is repetitive and predictable stuff..

Though this manga is simply weird.
Sometimes i just want to skip to the end and finish it soon, cuz i just can't take it anymore.
And sometimes it just gets me hooked...

I find this manga somehow confusing, and its annoying "flashback system" always make me check if its really in the right order...

Its art is somehow strange.
I mixes styles. And it variates each volume. To its sometimes hard to tell who is the appearing character....

What about your opinion guys?
RyushiMar 20, 2008 5:09 PM
Mar 21, 2008 10:32 AM

Jun 2007
just started this to show a friend, who complained that it's confusing that it's NOT confusing. :D

It's a bit meh but sometimes really catching.
The story is well not that creative but sometimes has some nice aspects shown.
I like especially the dark part of it (which kills the people without getting them back through some stupid magic - well sometimes too).

I have nothing to complain about the art. Character Design reminds me a bit of Palladium Garden but I like it.
Mar 21, 2008 4:26 PM
Nov 2007
To be honest, I didn't like this initially. I skimmed a lot of chapters. Then when he main chara started getting powers, that's when I got interested. I especially liked the moment he got the Lightning Guardian's power.

The time skip sorta made things more confusing. I like the twist with his best friend getting the other book, it was an unexpected twist.

The art is well... strange.
Apr 6, 2008 7:15 AM

Mar 2008
I really love this manga, i'm reading atm, but you're right it's one of those mangas that is completely the opposite of what the cover suggests. From the cover of Haruna and Shinya on the front cover, you'd think it was some fantasy shoujo manga, similar to Magical x miracle.

This is because its like where the main character is suddenly told they're the messiah/king/lord etc. and they have to study/gather stuff/learn stuff and its sort of a comedy/adventure along the way. This basic plotline exists in a lot of manga and anime, like kyo kara maoh and also demon diary is a bit like this too.

However this manga is far darker than my first expectations, from the style that the mangas in, you wouldn't expect any violence at all, but in this way its fairly similar to deadman wonderland and spiral, where the style throws you off, making the reader surprised about the violence/gore thats in it.

Though the style for the manga is really weird i agree, because there will be times of really light hearted comedy and then without any notice it'll suddenly change to a really dark thriller, with horror and gore. I think in some ways the manga tries to do a bit too much, like romance, comedy, magic, super powers, horror, monsters and world destruction, it kind of crams a lot of things in...but then i suppose i like it because of that and in my opinion it gets better as the series goes along ^^

Jul 14, 2008 12:16 PM

Jan 2008
whuhaha .. I dont skip any chapter though at firts its bit boring but when lilu showed up Im fired up looking forward to see lilu some romantic with shinya .. hahahaha!yeah I knew at very first he already choosed haruna but Im still hoping and then in chapter 60 which entitled " Lilu Lacrima" i really cried for it ... huhuhuhu! My favorite chapter i guess!
Feb 10, 2009 9:22 PM
Dec 2008
I liked it although I wasn't very happy that it took the entire series for them to kiss.
I also think that this manga would be much better as an anime since although the art style was very beautiful amidst all the epic spells and destruction it was hard to tell what was happening some times.

But yeah as a few of you said, you this manga came as a surprise as I was expecting some shojo fantasy harem manga.
Jun 29, 2009 4:31 PM

Mar 2008
For some reason, yes I did enjoy it. I actually read the whole thing in one day. It kind of reminded me of a cross between X and 3x3 Eyes with some Angel Sanctuary elements added for extra spice. I'm just wondering why so many crappy series get animated every year but this one hasn't yet. I personally think this would make a great anime. I was so sad at the end. . . Lilu. . . T-T Seems every time I REALLY like a character that happens. . . Some recommendations for people who liked this manga;

X
3x3 Eyes
Angel Sanctuary
Ai-Ren
Video Girl Ai
Jul 10, 2009 2:16 AM

Jul 2008
it would have been more tragic if some people could have stayed dead --agito (one or two times), shinya (died like 15 times, not really), haruna, tarutaru, ryouhei-- each time someone came back made the manga look cheesy and predictable, cuz someone would die and next thing you know some type of magic brought him/her back.

good manga, its just that im still looking for a decent action manga where one of the main characters die (and i dont count Lilu as being killed cuz she gave up her life willingly, which i didnt see coming, cuz she stayed dead)
Jul 31, 2009 4:39 PM

Jun 2009
No, Sariel wasn't the god that created the world, that was some guy named Selakiel. IIRC, Sariel was created by the 12 knights... And I agree, Lilu should have stayed alive, I didn't like Haruna that much TBH... But I really liked this manga, because I like most things I read : P Though I did enjoy it more than most other manga I've read.

And how did you expect Shinya do win without using those spirits? He fought Ryouhei to a draw, when they had an equal amount of spirits, and he also put a mark in that blonde guy's stomach when he insulted Haruna... Without using any spirits.. But yeah, he was a loser sometimes. He could be really awesome at times too though.

I thought the art was decent, I don't see how it was weird though... It's certainly not much other manga, but how many manga share the exact same style of art?

So yeah, I did enjoy this manga a lot.
Mar 9, 2010 1:43 PM

Oct 2007
i can say only that i fell in love in this manga. Most epic, and the best manga i've ever readed.
Feb 3, 2014 12:50 PM
Feb 2011
This is quite predictable. It's like most other action + magic/Super power Manga. even the plot twists I saw coming.

More topics from this board

» Are there really 61 chapters?

aabkhara - Dec 31, 2014

2 by Quintessence »»
Jul 12, 2022 1:13 PM

Poll: » Watashi no Messiah-sama Chapter 64 Discussion

blessofcurse - Jul 4, 2015

1 by Stark700 »»
Jul 5, 2015 11:53 AM

Poll: » Watashi no Messiah-sama Chapter 63 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 5, 2015

0 by Stark700 »»
Jul 5, 2015 11:47 AM

Poll: » Watashi no Messiah-sama Chapter 1 Discussion

Zinvy - Apr 30, 2010

2 by Stark700 »»
Jul 2, 2015 12:21 AM

Poll: » Watashi no Messiah-sama Chapter 39 Discussion

Satou0Kun - Sep 17, 2014

0 by Satou0Kun »»
Sep 17, 2014 1:40 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.