Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 25, 2010 8:13 PM

Sep 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
hey, don't scare me like that, I really thought that Sayoko died. Glad to see that it wasn't a totally bad end, and it was even better when Mamiko Noto really was eternal. <3

The, what I call girlcows's revelation was quite not interesting too.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 22, 2013 8:06 AM

May 2012
Random cow girls living a free life, last episode was decent but it seems when they took this last arc up everything went downhill from story development...

Also what's up with the bowling oO? Weird concept to have in this kind of anime, the boss of all the monsters just doing some bowling...

Oh well that sure was some weird concept that they took in on the end.

The whole anime was decent but not something I would really recommend anyone as only a couple arcs are really decent.

Either way I had a decent watch 4/10
Jan 21, 2014 12:30 PM

Aug 2013
i got to say i enjoyed it, well until episode 20 when things just got weird... train track analogies, signal crossings... felt a little 2001 HAL up in space.

They could have done better, a 2nd season would have been nice then they could have wound things up. Instead of having these characters appear, and then disappear on ship that is invisible as it exists in 2 points in time.

Just why... never saw that coming, it felt rushed just to get to the 2 guys and their girls meeting.

really thought sayoko was dead (those cruel writers), and i was really hoping it wasn't going to end with "it was all in the labyrinth within the labyrinth".

Nice touch at the end where he's all grown up, shooting pan and having the girl ride beside him into the sunset... funny how the melody of oblivion lost her ability to talk at the end. very screwed up relationship.

such a good concept went a little wonky.. but it's a basic happyish ending, and we didn't have to wait 3 seasons and 7 years for a kiss...
May 31, 2014 2:43 AM

Dec 2008
WTF?! The big lebowsky wouldnt even have been rpoud.....and I enjoy bowling......FML. lol more time wasted, but at leAST now I have a mastery for know which shows to avoid, its just taken almost 1000 watched to know how. 4/10
Sep 10, 2014 5:41 AM

Nov 2008
The symbolism in this anime is pretty strong.
Feb 10, 2017 7:15 AM

Jan 2013
Yo this series was amazing in a a very weird way. It had plenty of symbolism, some well done romance with an actual kiss scene and almost implied sex. The MC was likable enough with the other characters being okay. Man, scared me for a second at the end. That would of ruined the series for me if Sayoko died.
Jun 12, 2019 10:33 PM

Aug 2012
HawthorneKitty said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
hey, don't scare me like that, I really thought that Sayoko died. Glad to see that it wasn't a totally bad end, and it was even better when Mamiko Noto really was eternal. <3

Sayoko did die. Bocca is generating an image of her.
Jan 28, 2021 8:57 PM
Apr 2015
nightcrawlercyp said:
HawthorneKitty said:

No she is not, she is alive
Jan 28, 2021 11:03 PM

Aug 2012
DragonIncursio said:
nightcrawlercyp said:

No she is not, she is alive
Is left a bit ambiguous but she did die. that is the point. Just as in previous iteration the love of his life died protecting him becoming the new melody of oblivion but he did not become the new monster king and continued hunting the monsters. Probably except the minotaurus all will go extinct soon.
Jun 9, 2021 5:32 PM

Mar 2016
What a weird show. Maybe it wasn't always as clever as it thought it was being, but it certainly wasn't nonsense. The space episodes felt like a waste of time, but I liked the series as a whole. The scene where 'Solo' is killed is definitely the best one in the entire show.
syncrogazerJun 9, 2021 5:36 PM
Mar 29, 2023 11:02 PM
Mar 2014
legitimately one of the most bizarre things i have ever watched. kinda loved it especially the ridiculous fan service. hidden gem 
Jun 3, 2023 8:24 AM

Nov 2013
Last few episodes were pretty disappointing, because i have no idea what happened.  Lesbian dog enthusiast bowler lady was really random.
Most boring characters survived i guess.
At least we heard Noto Mamiko's angelic voice at the end.
All in all, i wish i never played the SNES game Boukyaku no Senritsu. Only because of this game i watched this crappy anime, and wasted so much time. The game was cool, but the anime sucks.
GvendolineNov 28, 2023 9:53 PM
Sep 8, 2023 8:55 AM

Oct 2010
I have no idea what I watched but the girls were hot
7/10

More topics from this board

Poll: » Melody of Oblivion Episode 21 Discussion

HawthorneKitty - Mar 25, 2010

3 by Phobossus »»
Jan 16, 2:20 PM

Poll: » Melody of Oblivion Episode 4 Discussion

RafaelDeJongh - Feb 21, 2013

3 by Phobossus »»
Jan 14, 7:18 AM

Poll: » Melody of Oblivion Episode 23 Discussion

RafaelDeJongh - Feb 22, 2013

3 by Gvendoline »»
Jun 3, 2023 7:29 AM

Poll: » Melody of Oblivion Episode 16 Discussion

3 by DINGO_SCUM »»
Mar 27, 2023 9:22 PM

Poll: » Melody of Oblivion Episode 19 Discussion

1 by Gvendoline »»
Mar 23, 2023 9:55 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.