MyAnimeList.net

Anime Information
Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Nodame Cantabile Finale Episode 11 Discussion
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Anime Discussion »» Series Discussion »» Nodame Cantabile Finale »» Nodame Cantabile Finale Episode 11 Discussion

Pages (9) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
View Poll Results: Nodame Cantabile Finale Episode 11 Discussion
5 out of 5: Loved it!

114 46.15%
4 out of 5: Liked it

68 27.53%
3 out of 5: It was OK

45 18.22%
2 out of 5: Disliked it

15 6.07%
1 out of 5: Hated it

5 2.02%
Voters: 247

03-29-10, 1:05 PM

And so it finally ends. I've been dreading an end, I love this series too much and it really doesn't help that the ending was that anti-climatic. ;_;

03-29-10, 2:13 PM

Jacut said:
even leaving room for a sequel if need be.

GAH!! RAGE!!
This is the reason why!!!!!!! I DISLIKED (not hated) this episode.

If you're going to do something, do it right, don't be half-ass about it (this is my motto).

You know why I love Clannad? Because the ending rocked. It left no room for errors. It was like BAM this is the ending and that's all you will EVER get!

I don't need any oh but but what if.. but... what if....but, but..

03-29-10, 3:17 PM

What it really reminded me a lot of is the kind of ending you get when an anime that's based on an ongoing manga runs out of chapters to cover. Everything goes great up until the last one or two episodes, then it's a rush to get to some sort of conclusion, and then you're supposed to go read to see how it really ends. Except this is how the manga plays out too.

I didn't have any issue with the general way they ended it. Nodame and Chiaki seemed to be ok, she's going to keep performing, etc. and if the rest of this series had been like Paris (which I don't harbor the same resentment for as everyone else seems to) that would have been fine. But this season was shaping up to be my favorite until it just dropped whatever tension and emotion that it had been building up in the last few episodes.

Orion1 said:
This last episode was more of a montage than a coherent episode.

03-29-10, 5:19 PM

Orion1 said:
This last episode was more of a montage than a coherent episode. It was a failed attempt to finish a story that was undeveloped and under produced. If your eyes are tired from reading all this, then just think how exhausted I am for punishing myself with explaining why people who didn't like this ending or they way it was executed are not "Idiots", but simply not blind sheep that will accept every bad anime ending thrown at them for the sake of calling themselves a true fan.

Orion1 for the president! Seriously! I wish I could express my feelings, thoughts, and emotions at least half that good... THANK YOU THANK YOU AND THANK YOU for bringing it on!
As a friend of mine said about the last two seasons of Nodame:
"go study, i do, mykyaa, i do study, competition, go study, i do, i'm doing my best, good - go for it, mukya, go study, i do study, keep on, i do, wow, gyaabo, go study, don't wanna, go study, i do, everyone should have a dream, everyone ended up good. Fin."
it might be funny to read... but that's really the impression I've been left after watching the Paris-Finale.

Xzaxs said:

As for H&C I think it's a grand ending, basically it says; you don't always get a happy ending but that's life get over it or die. That's my interpretation anyways lol

but a great interpretation indeed! I mean, despite I sensed there wouldn't be a happy ending in H&C, I still kept my hopes for that. And of course was in a sense disappointed at the end. But it was THE END. It was real, it was bitter, it was sad, it was wise, it was open, it was mature - it really WAS THE END.

And I kinda wished the same for Nodame. It's not the wedding, neither the duet concerto, nor anything similar I was looking for in the episode. I was waiting for THE END. And I didn't get one. Simply because the whole season was not set up and depicted properly for an ending.

03-30-10, 12:24 AM

OMG .... what happened here???

I guess I was supposed to expect this since (1) they said it was only 11 episodes which means character development and plot are going to be super compressed, aka suck (2) they said the manga didn't have a good ending - aka suck.

Still, the wonderful way they animated Episodes 9 and the cliffhanger at Episode 10* made me cast my doubts aside, at the "WHAT!!??" (Chiaki's decision) ending of episode 10 I was ready to rate this series a 10. And then came episode 11.

I don't even know what to say except instead of Nodame Cantabile Finale they should have named this series Nodame Cantabile's version of Franz Schubert's Symphony No 8, aka "The Unfinished Symphony Anime".

The way the ending played out it was like the powers that be went to the mangaka and said "Hey, we only have 20 minutes to tie everything up, so give us 1 sentence on all the minor characters, and 1 paragraph to tie up the main relationship". I don't mind ambiguous endings, but there was NO CLOSURE!

Part of what made the original Nodame Cantabile special was the relationship, the first arc ended with a hug which was ok. The second arc ended with resolution, that was ok too. Then they leave the 2 biggest threads hanging in the "supposed" Finale, namely

I swear, I'm so mad right now. Nodame has never been the kind of person to shy away from conflict and all episode 11 is about is Nodame running away from making any kind of relationship decision about Chiaki. Chiaki himself has always been honest and loyal (even when it hurt Nodame) so him suddely turning non-confrontational feels like he changed into a different person.

So, no closure, and it begs for a sequel just to make the "finale" part of the title true. This is almost as bad as splitting up Kill Bill or the last Harry Potter into 2 movies just to get more money. But hey at least those had decent endings. Except if they do just 1 ova and they STILL don't finish things I'm going to be even more mad.

This series had the potential to be great. Because of following the lousy manga ending it is now only ok. If you want to know what a truly satisfying and semi-open ended Ending is, please watch the whole Aria Series, and Aria the Origination. Because there is a way to get perfection. Sadly, Finale was not it.

03-30-10, 5:15 AM

awww..its hard to accept the fact that its finished :((
but i just noticed something..

the anime kinda skipped a part in the manga..
the part where chiaki had a heart to heart talk with his dad..
and i was really looking forward to that part too.. :((

if i remember correctly..that was the part where chiaki asked himself since when was nodame became an important part of his life....

03-31-10, 9:58 AM

>.<; Makes me wanna read more Opera-Hen. I need some more Nodame. x3

I thought the ending was cute despite it being open-ended. =p I wish there was more though, I love the characters...especially Nodame and mr. french okatu. x3

03-31-10, 10:21 AM

Onion Festival was hilarious. Well, to me it was pretty much clear that the two end up together. Also, remember what happened when they went to the same spot at the end of season two? No way you can't call this an ending. After all, Chiaki did say he'd accept the proposal. It could be that he'll talk with her about the proposal when she finishes the concerto. It sticked close to the manga and that's a good thing, but I did hoped they'd add a bit more. Ah well. This is what we get for now. On to Opera-Hen!

03-31-10, 12:55 PM

Decent ending, nothing more nothing less. Expected so much more though. I hate that we don't get true confirmation that they got together or are just living on as friends, it's all a bit to vague for my tastes. All in all it was still a decent season and if it did anything is that it left me hungry for more. Can't wait to see Opera-Hen animated.

Gets a 9/10 from me, would have been 10 if not for the ending.

"Thousands have lived without love, not one without water." -Wystan Hugh

04-01-10, 12:54 PM

i can't believe it's over i just started with it 5 days ago and i just completed this season today ..! no more gyapos ..! *faints* i feel like crying

:|

04-01-10, 5:14 PM

T_T
I WANT MORE NODAME ;O;
and WHERE WAS MY MARRIAGE!??! T____T

Oh well, I loved it nonetheless :)

04-01-10, 6:17 PM

It was a fitting ending. Enjoyed its balanced themes of music, romance, and comedy. 9/10

#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net - the official IRC channel for Fate Testarossa.

04-01-10, 8:48 PM

I'm satisfied with this actually. <3

04-04-10, 4:59 PM

Wow, I'm still trying to get over the fact that Nodame is finally over. I'm sure once I do realize it's done, I will become enraged at the half-ass ending. It was fairly anti-climactic, and left so much to the imagination in terms of what happens next.

Iffy ending bumps it down to 8/10. Otherwise, the entire show was the absolute best feeling I've had in a while. I've learned so much about classical music, too.
-

04-06-10, 9:05 AM

Well, I think it's kinda early to talk about Nodame's ending because we haven't seen OVAs yet. After we see all of them we can finally talk about this anime as a completed story.

04-06-10, 11:29 AM

Definitely lacked the first season's magic, but I loved it nonetheless.

I was really excited when Nodame and Chiaki performed the piano duet again. I've always loved that scene from season 1 <3

04-09-10, 6:16 PM

first of all, sorry for the bad english. though, if you read, ill be glad.

some posters had written that this is a josei, so we shouldnt expect a climax-romantic ending. man, if this is what josei is, i am not going to ever watch one again. although this wasnt the only josei ive watched. whatever.

and some other posters ive seen, wrote that this anime's main thing is the music. well then, if it is about music, why did the author needed to write like a character like nodame who love desperately even to smell the shirts of her love? nodame isnt just made of music (i mean the character), she was a -full of love- girl. that love made nodame interesting. and now, you tell me that that love was just a simple thing, and the important thing is the music. no, life is NOT like that. why do you think she proposed chiaki after they slept? because she wanted an answer for all the time they spent together for 4 years. everygirl would, and she was quite serious. she didnt say "oh i slept with him, whatever, im gonna play the piano lalalalala.." the opposite, she felt extremely desperate.

all we wanted was, nodame's questions to be answered. but they didnt.

so i voted for "i hated the ending". thank you.

04-13-10, 4:00 AM

i don't care what ppl said abt the ending, i love it!! it's not the end for both nodame and chiaki. it's life and it's a journey. i love it to pieces, from beginning to end!

04-15-10, 8:27 PM

I guess it ended ok, don't you guys think?
The ending leaves space for us too think what we want about what happens next.
This last season was the best, I think.
I'm so going to miss this, I got to play the piano once again because of it.

04-27-10, 9:20 PM

i really REALLY enjoyed the finale series!

i just wish that we could have seen chiaki and nodame playing on stage together.

Pages (9) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices