Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 2 [3]
Mar 31, 2010 3:43 AM

Oct 2009
Lind_L_Tailor said:
OK, could somebody please explain who the guy that picks Akira up is? I don't think i've ever seen him mentioned in the series before, but he acts like he knows him perfectly... of course, this could just be my bad memory. Or it could be Shaft fucking up. Or it could just be my bad memory. Or it could just be my bad memory.
If you are talking about the guy in the car then it's Alphonse here: http://myanimelist.net/character/30594/Alphonse_Medici_Borgiani

In spoiler my anime list for now.
Mar 31, 2010 4:20 AM

Sep 2009
francismeunier said:
Lind_L_Tailor said:
OK, could somebody please explain who the guy that picks Akira up is? I don't think i've ever seen him mentioned in the series before, but he acts like he knows him perfectly... of course, this could just be my bad memory. Or it could be Shaft fucking up. Or it could just be my bad memory. Or it could just be my bad memory.
If you are talking about the guy in the car then it's Alphonse here: http://myanimelist.net/character/30594/Alphonse_Medici_Borgiani

Oh yes, I remember him now! Thanks for your help.
Mar 31, 2010 1:39 PM

Aug 2008
Not a bad episode. There are elements I really like, but it looks like all the pieces of the show I hater are 100% SHAFT. That kind of makes me want to read the manga, but I know I won't do it. Despite all that, the show is making up for much of the first half, so I might boost it to a 6 from a 4 depending on the ending. Right now, I'll bump it to a 5.
Mar 31, 2010 4:54 PM

Aug 2009
noteDhero said:
Not a bad episode.

Whoa, this really was a good episode.

Also, you should give a few chapters of the manga a look. It's this but without SHAFT and no amnesia plot interruptions.
Mar 31, 2010 9:08 PM
Oct 2007
Oosran said:
This anime needs a dose of detective police dude

Dude, it's not just that. SHAFT seriously messed up the (so far) BEST arc in the manga. They killed the Chinese wackamoly in like, what, 30 sec? And Mei Ren fails, fails, fails miserably as an original character. The only thing I can give them credit for is the shape-shifter. She's well done. And the decapitation scene. Now, that was good stuff.
Mar 31, 2010 10:18 PM

Apr 2009
Annisa said:
Oosran said:

Dude, it's not just that. SHAFT seriously messed up the (so far) BEST arc in the manga. They killed the Chinese wackamoly in like, what, 30 sec? And Mei Ren fails, fails, fails miserably as an original character. The only thing I can give them credit for is the shape-shifter. She's well done. And the decapitation scene. Now, that was good stuff.

They also left out the kids... I liked them D;
Mar 31, 2010 10:45 PM

Aug 2009
OShoranO said:
Annisa said:
Oosran said:

It's obvious they're playing by their own rules and not the manga's at this point.
Mar 31, 2010 11:10 PM

Sep 2009
garfield15 said:
OShoranO said:
Annisa said:
Oosran said:

It's obvious they're playing by their own rules and not the manga's at this point.

I thought that was always the case. :\
Apr 1, 2010 2:49 AM

Aug 2009
Lind_L_Tailor said:
garfield15 said:
OShoranO said:
Annisa said:
Oosran said:

I thought that was always the case. :

It was. I'm just making it clear.
Apr 1, 2010 5:29 AM

Jan 2009
garfield15 said:
Lind_L_Tailor said:
garfield15 said:
OShoranO said:
Annisa said:
Oosran said:
Then again, doesn't Mei-ren say she's the last of some other clan?
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Apr 1, 2010 12:05 PM

Apr 2009
Well this series definitely got more interesting then it was before,poor Mina. ;_;
lol @ img bbcode not working, mal is such a great site
Apr 1, 2010 1:45 PM

Jul 2008
Dam I find this series to be painly boring 80% of the time, how can you have vampires and werewolves and still be boring? Im gonna watch the finale just for completion sake.
Apr 4, 2010 11:54 AM

Jun 2009
\What fuckin' inheritance secret?
\Oh Meiren took part of Hama's role, at least she's not full-filler like.
\Lame...
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Apr 4, 2010 7:35 PM
Oct 2007
Oosran said:
garfield15 said:
Lind_L_Tailor said:
garfield15 said:
OShoranO said:
Annisa said:
Oosran said:
Then again, doesn't Mei-ren say she's the last of some other clan?

Woot, nice thread. That would explain the big WTH but yeah, I think I was too appalled/disappointed/angry at the changes to care.

Anyway, I'll be super relieved once subs for the last episode gets online. It was (not) fun while it lasted. :D
Apr 5, 2010 12:46 AM

Jul 2009
she def has boobs
Don't forget.
Always, somewhere,
someone is fighting for you.
As long as you remember her,
you are not alone.
Apr 6, 2010 1:13 AM

Jan 2009
I hate this anime even more with every episode I watch. I mean seriously, why does shaft have to make this wonderful manga into such an absurd anime. Everything's rushed, the twists are completely different, the setting changes from where it's meant to be set so quickly, shit dies SO easily and they don't even follow their attributes (like the Chinese guy's "speed" and the twist of the GUY that was helping him out after the fight with the female assassin). I was sure he tore Mina in half with his hands in the manga too but that was probs just how I wanted to see it :S But that scene was the only good part of the episode tbh. Fuck me why have I not dropped this shit yet.

Edit*: Also, wtf is with this "Tell me what you saw 1 year ago" shit? Was meant to be an interrogation of Mina's true form
OshinigamiApr 6, 2010 1:18 AM
Apr 6, 2010 3:39 AM

Sep 2009
i loved it but in the end....!!!! akira's gonna die i really screamed noooo akira don't die!!! XP he can't die he's so awesome!!! please akira-kun don't die
Apr 8, 2010 12:48 PM

Jan 2010
This is finally getting interesting in the second to last episode...

@Ulquiorra24: I wonder too why you haven't dropped it yet...
Apr 30, 2010 11:34 PM
Feb 2009
wow the princess got like rape by that ho
May 2, 2010 3:28 PM

Dec 2007
I learned about Akira's locked memory, and I can't said that I am very surprised about it. Poor Mina. Meiren <3
Jul 11, 2010 6:24 PM

Oct 2007
That trial check thing was ... weird. Was there any reason to bondage her like that? I mean sure bondage blonde twintail loli turns just about every otaku on but... why did they make it look like there's a monster living inside = =
Jul 12, 2010 8:59 PM

Aug 2009
Now that was intense. Now all that's left is that 1 assassin. I think Akira got this. He's gonna get sex from Mina when he wins this so he better win son.

Oh and I wouldn't mind having babies with Meiren either. I mean if I'm a werewolf and she's a werewolf then it'll be better plus she's hot and has a bigger boobs than anyone else.
Nov 23, 2010 1:23 PM

Feb 2010
Best episode in this series. a little too late imo to save the show...

I hope it goes out with a bang...
Jun 30, 2011 3:08 PM

Feb 2008
Kurogashi said:
That was some sweet action scenes.
Gah, Mei-ren so sexy.

this right hereeee!!!!!!1
Sep 2, 2011 9:50 PM

Jul 2010
EternalDreamer said:
rabids0ap said:
EternalDreamer said:
Alphonse did something I've always dreamed of doing though, driving a massive car at full throttle trough a crowd of people xD
I can't begin to count the times I've felt like steering up on the side walk and plough away ;P

umm...wat?

Anyone who at least once have driven a car trough a pedestrian filled area should know what I talk about =P

Come one people don't say you haven't at least once felt like just moving the steering wheel just an inch "too much", and unleash carnage upon the unsuspecting crowd? (^.^)

i understand how that feels, thats why you need somthing called WILLPOWER or GTA4!!

Apr 3, 2012 9:31 PM

Mar 2009
The action scenes were good.
Jan 26, 2013 7:29 PM

May 2012
Oh boy that was epic especially that ending, lots of new things we've got to know and the stakes are even higher now of the game! Lets see what the last episode has to offer!
Apr 23, 2013 3:00 PM
Sep 2012
Well that made no sense...Akira is fed transformation suppressant drugs in the sweet that Meiren flips into his mouth yet he manages to "wolf-out" to bite the head off the transforming assassin. So it's worn off? Nope, when he's patched up he's warned that the drugs are still in his system.

Way to forget about certain plot devices when they're inconvenient.
Jul 6, 2014 8:34 PM

Apr 2014
holy shit, that was some awesome blood, gore, and sexiness.
Jan 18, 2016 2:19 AM

Jan 2013
Best episode yet. That assassin had the same powers as the aliens from Parasyte.
Feb 24, 2016 9:07 AM

Sep 2009
Sure, embrace the werewolf. What could possibly go wrong?
Jul 20, 2016 9:55 PM

Jul 2014
The decapitation bit is probably the only genuinely cool moment in the show thus far.

2/5
May 24, 2018 12:11 AM

Mar 2018
I liked the fact that Mina cried after the purity test. Not because I enjoy seeing her suffer, but because I like to see that she has emotions and can be vulnerable. She was acting all cold and haughty most of the time, and I cannot stand a woman like that. I like her better now.

Why do they spray synthetic blood from helicopters? That seems extremely wasteful and stupid. Why not distribute it in, I don't know, ANY other form? Have you guys invented bottles?

I was annoyed by Mei Ren's kiss. Does this have to mutate into another harem? (Also, I hate Mei Ren. I hope she dies.)

kyoofpew said:
Best episode so far my favorite scene was the decapitation scene =D
Fuck, yes. Not merely decapitating but BITING the head off the shape-shifting chick. That was awesome! By far the best scene of the anime yet IMO.

Wasabi said:
saxophone15 said:
I wonder what exactly they do during that purity check....just look?...or do something a little more "physical"...
Stick a finger in there to make sure the hymen is still there?
I hope the vampires are educated enough to know that the hymen is NOT a reliable indicator of virginity.
Jun 23, 2021 4:41 PM

Aug 2017
Finally, I can see Bund's inhabitants and a bit of worldbuilding. The "purity inspection" was kinda disturbing to watch!

All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Mar 2, 2023 9:42 PM

Dec 2022
hell yeah Akira goes beast mode!
gotta say though, if it were me, I'd have never made it to that point, Meiren would have had me at giving her measurements lol
Jun 2, 2023 7:38 AM

Dec 2022
So all that purity test involved was the old hag hymen checking or something? You would've thought the pervert lords would've used it as an excuse to have her molested further than that, unless it did actually involve that and most of the scene just got censored and adapted out. Mei Ren was as supportive as usual, but her past and motive still seem like a bit of a mystery, aside from wanting werewolves to stick together and her newly revealed love for Akira.

My favourite episode so far. It felt uniquely gritty and brutal, and character interactions felt more natural than they did in the previous Hysterica subplot. The cityscape also looked phenomenal during the stigma rain.

Shaded Horizon

Pages (2) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dance in the Vampire Bund Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

porkypink - Jan 13, 2010

233 by JoestarEISH_020 »»
Sep 7, 2023 7:35 AM

Poll: » Dance in the Vampire Bund Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Rail_Tracer - Jan 6, 2010

310 by JoestarEISH_020 »»
Sep 7, 2023 7:33 AM

Poll: » Dance in the Vampire Bund Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

kerobear - Feb 17, 2010

180 by FireRifle64 »»
Jul 29, 2023 8:12 PM

Poll: » Dance in the Vampire Bund Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Proselyt - Feb 11, 2010

221 by FireRifle64 »»
Jul 29, 2023 4:17 PM

Poll: » Dance in the Vampire Bund Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

ShanaFlame - Mar 31, 2010

169 by Tenshi_Budo »»
Jul 15, 2023 5:16 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.