Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Durarara!! (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Mar 27, 2010 1:59 AM

Aug 2009
controlmajortom said:
ringoo4 said:
Selty can't talk. Her voice is not happening; it's sorta like narrations. Although we hear her voice, characters in the actual anime scene cannot. But from what I know, we can here her voice if she is extremely angry.

yeah.

I just wasn't sure, because it seemed like Shinra could understand her talking during their heart to heart. She was talking half the time and typing half the time. So confusing.
Shinra is just freaky psycho and that explains why he can communicate.
Mar 27, 2010 2:09 AM

Oct 2009
ringoo4 said:
controlmajortom said:
ringoo4 said:
Selty can't talk. Her voice is not happening; it's sorta like narrations. Although we hear her voice, characters in the actual anime scene cannot. But from what I know, we can here her voice if she is extremely angry.

yeah.

I just wasn't sure, because it seemed like Shinra could understand her talking during their heart to heart. She was talking half the time and typing half the time. So confusing.

Well I would not say that but about Shinra.....think of the situation between Haruue and her friend that was in coma......Why was it that Haruue could hear her voice and no one else apart from the skill......because of her close friendship with her.....same for Shinra except in his case he has love......a more powerful emotion but nonetheless equal to care itself. Logically this is what it is to me.

In spoiler my anime list for now.
Mar 27, 2010 2:14 AM

Mar 2010
ringoo4 said:

yeah.

This basicially. Her voice can only be heard during a highly emotional state like at the end of ep 11 and during the conversation with Shinra in 12.
Mar 27, 2010 2:24 AM

Jul 2009
francismeunier said:
ringoo4 said:
controlmajortom said:
ringoo4 said:

yeah.

Well I would not say that but about Shinra.....think of the situation between Haruue and her friend that was in coma......Why was it that Haruue could hear her voice and no one else apart from the skill......because of her close friendship with her.....same for Shinra except in his case he has love......a more powerful emotion but nonetheless equal to care itself. Logically this is what it is to me.

I don't really buy this explanation, but ah, I don't really give a damn anymore. The show is too awesome for me to dwell on such a small issue.
Mar 27, 2010 2:28 AM

Apr 2009
D'AWWW SHINRAxSELTY.
Usami-Haru said:
Also, last Uragiri no Yuuyake ;__;.

What? -checks anime page- NO D: ...well, I hope the next is at least as good.
Izaya tossing the head around was amusing. Not sure what he wants to do with it though...
- If you believe this place holds you, it is a prison.
If you do not wish to leave, it will become a fortress.

Current icon:
Kusuriuri from Mononoke
by pana (LJ username)
Mar 27, 2010 2:48 AM

Oct 2009
controlmajortom said:
francismeunier said:
ringoo4 said:
controlmajortom said:
ringoo4 said:

yeah.

I don't really buy this explanation, but ah, I don't really give a damn anymore. The show is too awesome for me to dwell on such a small issue.
Take it logically Shinra has real love for Celty so logically he should be in tune with her more than anyone else.....only other person I can think of that could is Shizuo since he talks friendly with Celty.

Mar 27, 2010 2:51 AM

Jul 2008
B'AWWWWWW CUTEST EPISODE EVER.
Well, except the part with Seiji whichshouldgoandburninhell and the part with Izaya..Like, that was creepy.
I can't wait for the new op and ed.I do hope they are at least as good as these ones.
AND NO,WHY TWO WEEKS FFFFFF.
Mar 27, 2010 3:09 AM

Jan 2010
Alright, Izaya is now officially [CRAZY. I no longer like his character...

So the three people on the cbox were Izaya, Celty and Mikado.
Mar 27, 2010 3:10 AM

Aug 2009
I mean, Shinra can read Selty's emotion just by seeing the smoke coming from her head. That means, conversation is not impossible.

Or, there is possibility that Shinra is just guessing every single thing that Selty is thinking and, miraculously getting it right.
Mar 27, 2010 3:42 AM

Jul 2009
Fantastic episode to end up the first arc.
CeltyxShinra is adorable...Shinra really loves her to the point make lies to avoid her leaving him.What a emotional scene there....CeltyxShinra is official ^_^

Izaya proves to us that he is the biggest troll ever,manipulating everybody in his hand.With Celty head in his hand & his talk about Dullahan=Valkryie theory I bet he gonna make a massive mayhem in Ikebukuro in future events.Also Namie will be his partner-in-crime...best evil duo ever.

Mikado & Anri scene is cute <333 Poor Kida sulking at the back after been kick by his buddy bcoz try to flirt Anri XD
Mar 27, 2010 3:42 AM

Oct 2009
werr-y said:
Crazy you say...I just this again with proper subbing and if he is willing to do a war because he believes in some mythology about Celty.....he is insane in the brain. Going to heavens? Sounds insane to me to think about it involving many with possible deaths to them.....

I am feeling Anri might do something to Seiji/Mika.

Mar 27, 2010 4:31 AM
Nov 2008
man i want a cute stalker too ;_;
seijis love isnt deep since he only loves seltys head because of her looks

nice episode, i like that it focused only on realtionships this time
Mar 27, 2010 5:02 AM

May 2008
I keep on wondering why selty doesnt learn sign language
so she doesnt have type every thing all the time
at least with the doctor

Mar 27, 2010 5:58 AM

May 2009
fuckign awesome episode
definetly a masterpiece
Mar 27, 2010 7:05 AM

Dec 2007
Great episode that had lots of cute moments. We also got to learn a lot more about Izaya's character and now I'm not sure what to think of him. The Shinra and Celty scene was really nice to see along with Mikado kicking Kida which was too funny. Really looking forward to the next episode because well I have no idea whats going to happen next and that intrigues me >_>.
Mar 27, 2010 7:19 AM
Jun 2008
What exactly Izaya planing?....Is he trying to start a war just because he is bored??
Mar 27, 2010 7:19 AM

Dec 2006
Head smash on the wall, hilarious.

Mar 27, 2010 7:32 AM

Sep 2009
WHAT? No new episode next week? I think I might die... *tear* Well, at least this week's episode was totally awesome.

Learning how Seiji totally smashed Mika's head into the wall, and Shinra giving her reconstructive surgery to look like Celty. Loved how Celty ended up punching Shinra into the window. >D

Celty's little soliloquy was pretty cute (especially the scene where she lets go of the handles of her motorcycle and leans back... Nice music there~). Also, the Mikado (kicking Kida) and chilling with Anri scene was nice.

But what makes me happiest: more Izaya. (Wish we could see another fight w/ Shizu-chan) Tho having his toss around Celty's head and talk about heaven and starting wars... creeeepy.

Ahhh! I don't want to wait another week.
Mar 27, 2010 7:38 AM

Dec 2007
Erika and walker's "SUGOI SUGOI SUGOI" reminded me of Miria and Isaac's "SUGOI SUGOI SUGOI". Sugo-I mean awesome.
Mar 27, 2010 8:21 AM

Mar 2010
gloryfy said:
What exactly Izaya planing?....Is he trying to start a war just because he is bored??

He wants to confirm the "Dullahan=Valkyrie" theory and the "war"is a mean to that end. Essentially he just want to see what would happen, hoping to benefit himself.
Iron_MawMar 27, 2010 8:59 AM
Mar 27, 2010 8:40 AM

Apr 2008
That could have been an ending, but I guess these sorts of animes don't have endings actually.
Mar 27, 2010 8:42 AM

Jan 2009
Seiji is messed up.
Mika was even worse.
Shit seriously.

Also, Shizuo and Izaya are always the coolest xD
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Mar 27, 2010 9:02 AM
Jun 2008
Jagd84 said:
gloryfy said:

He wants to confirm the "Dullahan=Valkyrie" theory and the "war"is a mean to that end. Essentially he just want to see what would happen, hoping to benefit himself.
That is just a surface story.....anyway i guess the spoiler are in next week or the week after >.<
Mar 27, 2010 9:12 AM

Dec 2007
rarri said:
Erika and walker's "SUGOI SUGOI SUGOI" reminded me of Miria and Isaac's "SUGOI SUGOI SUGOI". Sugo-I mean awesome.

Also could be parodying Maria from Canaan
Mar 27, 2010 9:36 AM

Jun 2009
werr-y said:

So even after all his phone stamping and maniacal laughter in the previous episodes you never thought that he was really crazy until this moment?
Well me, I think he's the best at what he does. In other words, screwing with people for his own amusement. And god damn it, I love him for it.

Another great episode. I love this show with every passing minute.

"I always take life with a grain of salt, ...plus a slice of lemon, ...and a shot of tequila."

Mar 27, 2010 9:56 AM

Dec 2008
I am totally raging over ShinraxCelty. Seriously, how the hell is Shinra's love for her "real"? He knew she was searching for her head every day for centuries on end. It was her ONE goal and the very thing she wanted most. And then, he KNEW where her head was but did not tell her. This is such possessive, selfish behaviour and tells me that he cares more for his own happiness than Celty's. If I were Celty, I'd punch him and leave him. I would never find such lies in a relationship acceptable.

I'm also convinced 100% that both Seiji and Mika are nutjobs, but since they're both that way, I'll leave them alone. They should probably be institutionalized, though =/

Anyway, that's my rant for today. Other than that, this episode seemed to bring things down to a slower pace, which was fine. A lot of things got explained this week, although a couple things I already knew (due to spoilers) or guessed so perhaps it wasn't as epic as it should have been xD (I should stop reading spoilers...)

Also, looks like Izaya has plenty planned for the future so I guess that's what the next 12 episodes will be around. Can't wait for it. Based on the preview, it looks like the colours gangs will begin to get involved, too.
Mar 27, 2010 10:38 AM

Sep 2009
Well, this was a pretty good episode. They kept the adrenaline rushing, albeit not as much as last week. The whole sequence with Selty and Shinra was just plain adorable.

And yes, Seiji is a bastard.
Mar 27, 2010 10:45 AM

Feb 2009
"Sucks to be you", haha Izaya speaks the truth.
Mar 27, 2010 10:58 AM

Feb 2010
Aeterna said:
I am totally raging over ShinraxCelty. Seriously, how the hell is Shinra's love for her "real"? He knew she was searching for her head every day for centuries on end. It was her ONE goal and the very thing she wanted most. And then, he KNEW where her head was but did not tell her. This is such possessive, selfish behaviour and tells me that he cares more for his own happiness than Celty's. If I were Celty, I'd punch him and leave him. I would never find such lies in a relationship acceptable.

I'm also convinced 100% that both Seiji and Mika are nutjobs, but since they're both that way, I'll leave them alone. They should probably be institutionalized, though =/

Anyway, that's my rant for today. Other than that, this episode seemed to bring things down to a slower pace, which was fine. A lot of things got explained this week, although a couple things I already knew (due to spoilers) or guessed so perhaps it wasn't as epic as it should have been xD (I should stop reading spoilers...)

Also, looks like Izaya has plenty planned for the future so I guess that's what the next 12 episodes will be around. Can't wait for it. Based on the preview, it looks like the colours gangs will begin to get involved, too.

You know, just because a character says that their love is real doesn't mean it's true ^^ Shinra can be cute at times, but he's one hell of a creeper. You're very right about Seiji and Mika, though. I love watching these dysfunctional relationships.

Nice twist with the head. I knew everything wasn't as clean-cut as they were trying to make it to be, but I thought the company might have been making copies of Selty's head for some weird body replication experiments (since the company was already kidnapping people) (Solyent Green is Durarara!!) (Okay, the series' explanation was less far fetched than my speculation) (Ha). The idea that she didn't die and was just dolled up to seem like Selty is... so easy. Well played, Durarara. Well played.

I look forward to the next episode... though in two weeks? ><
Mar 27, 2010 12:18 PM
Feb 2009
As far as I am concerned, Izaya already have a place for himself in Valhala. From now on I'll assume that everything he do is just a small part of his master plan to rule the world, become immortal and have lots of fun while doing that. He is simply THAT awesome.

Seiji and Mika are both completely crazy so I guess they will do just fine together.
Mar 27, 2010 1:08 PM

Nov 2009
Interesting end to the Arc. For some reason i wish Mikado came out the the woodwork and said he was the leader of the dollars... Just because it won't happen >.<
So few characters were used in this arc, at least for the main plot, so i hope they can implement the others. Seeing Shizuo do something that actually impacted the plot would be sweet.
Mar 27, 2010 1:39 PM

Oct 2009
Aeterna said:
Z what? If you love simply and are afraid that with something found they can go as far as dissapearing because of the circumstance...would you not lie to them as much as possible to make sure they are with forever? Would you not make it that they would remain like this forever so you can love them.....Shinra was willing to risk it all for Celty.....his emotions and his time devotion. When I have sex with a girl I give it my all to know what she likes, to bond with her emotions and give her the best of that......Shinra is doing the same thing except he did not have sex yet with Celty.......wonder what would Shinra x Celty kids look like? (I know it's crazy but it might be so cute).

Mar 27, 2010 1:40 PM

Mar 2009
Meddigo said:
Nobody has died in this show. The one death there was gets retconned mere episodes later.

Baccano this is not :(

Keep in mind that we're only halfway through the anime so far. Baccano! ended around episode 13, so yeah, people are gonna die quicker. Besides, this really ISN'T Baccano!, so don't expect it to be. :/
Mar 27, 2010 1:44 PM

Aug 2008
Amazing episode, no complaints this week. Mika being a fake took me by surprise.

Wasabi said:
SeijixHarima is probably one of the most disturbed couple ever.
qft. I already thought that Seiji and Shinra are much alike, and the two scenes after each other only assured me.
Mar 27, 2010 2:24 PM

Jan 2009
I like Izaya even more after this episode. and that twist in the beginning of the episode was great.
Mar 27, 2010 2:25 PM

Feb 2008
First of all, SUGOI SUGOI SUGOIIII.

I absolutely loved the Shinra-Selty moment. Gah, that made me happy. <3 I was really glad for Selty because she looked so happy and relieved when she was riding her motorcycle.

I've never liked Seiji. He's too creepy for my liking. Mika as well. Therefore they make the perfect couple.

I didn't really understand everything Izaya was saying, but I can tell it'll be something big and exciting, so I'm really looking forward to see what he'll do to start his 'war.'

Also, lol at Mikado kicking Kida. That was too funny. I really wish that would've been actually animated.

This series is beyond sugoi. <3
Mar 27, 2010 3:04 PM

Nov 2008
Aeterna said:

While I don't completely disagree with you, I do understand why Shinra kept said information from her. If he told her where her head was, and she got her head back, her existence may have ceased. He explained how her body without a head is now obviously a being of it's own, so who knows what the hell would happen to the Celty she is now once her head is reunited with her. If the head also has it's own thoughts, feelings, and "being", it could overwrite the consciousness of the current Celty. Yes, he could have tried to explain this to her before, but he was just scared. Maybe scared that she wouldn't listen because she'd be to excited about knowing the location of her head, among other sometimes irrational fears people face when it comes to love. This is why Shinra always wanted Celty to always accept herself as she is now though, because if she follows through with her goals, she may "die". And from the conversation she had with Shinra this episode, Celty has now found true happiness and accepted herself as is - thus her scene at the end of the episode where she throws her hands up euphorically.

I hope I made that somewhat more reasonable sounding at least? lol
Mar 27, 2010 3:32 PM

Aug 2008
YukiKumo said:

While I don't completely disagree with you, I do understand why Shinra kept said information from her. If he told her where her head was, and she got her head back, her existence may have ceased. He explained how her body without a head is now obviously a being of it's own, so who knows what the hell would happen to the Celty she is now once her head is reunited with her. If the head also has it's own thoughts, feelings, and "being", it could overwrite the consciousness of the current Celty. Yes, he could have tried to explain this to her before, but he was just scared. Maybe scared that she wouldn't listen because she'd be to excited about knowing the location of her head, among other sometimes irrational fears people face when it comes to love. This is why Shinra always wanted Celty to always accept herself as she is now though, because if she follows through with her goals, she may "die". And from the conversation she had with Shinra this episode, Celty has now found true happiness and accepted herself as is - thus her scene at the end of the episode where she throws her hands up euphorically.

That's pretty much what Shinra said in the episode, and I agree with Aeterna, it's a bullshit excuse. He automatically believes that the mind would take over, even though the head isn't awake. He believed what would best justify his actions, and that's what's so dangerous. On the other hand, Selty was kind of doing much of the same, so the writers 'cancelled' each other out. I disagree with the choice totally.

As for the episode, again, I disagree with the twists, even if they make sense and flesh out some of the story (especially Mika-Selty's voice). I don't know. I love that Seiji got the comeuppance he deserves for being a child, I'm glad we know who Izaya and Selty are on the chat, and I like the sense of closure to the first half of the show...but something about it all felt very cheap, and I can't explain it.

At this point, I hate Mikado, and hope the show begins to focus more on Izaya and Selty.
Mar 27, 2010 3:43 PM

Aug 2009
This was a pretty good first arc, loved the Irish tune near the end.
Mar 27, 2010 3:53 PM

Mar 2010
wow. i thought it was not only creepy at the end, but the way Izaya was gazing at Celtys head... what would that be? I don't even want to say what I was thinking.

And poor Mikado ;_;
poor, poor, boyyy.
what
Mar 27, 2010 3:54 PM

Nov 2008
noteDhero said:
That's pretty much what Shinra said in the episode, and I agree with Aeterna, it's a bullshit excuse. He automatically believes that the mind would take over, even though the head isn't awake. He believed what would best justify his actions, and that's what's so dangerous. On the other hand, Selty was kind of doing much of the same, so the writers 'cancelled' each other out. I disagree with the choice totally.

Considering no one knows what will happen when the head does become awake, or when the head is attached, it's not all that unreasonable in my opinion. The head does still have a brain, so who knows if that would take over who Celty is now. It's not like he's dead set on that being the outcome, as much as being cautious and looking at different possibilities. I think his fears make sense in a mysterious situation where anything could happen.
Mar 27, 2010 4:01 PM

Mar 2010
YukiKumo said:
Aeterna said:

YukiKumo said:
Aeterna said:

Just want to add that Celty herself fears the same thing. She worries the without she won't master "death" thus her existence would disappear altogether. Neither had any proof of what they were saying and because they didn't talk about it they ended up creating this mess for themselves. They don't want to actually leave each other.
Iron_MawMar 27, 2010 4:05 PM
Mar 27, 2010 4:14 PM

Aug 2008
YukiKumo said:
noteDhero said:

Considering no one knows what will happen when the head does become awake, or when the head is attached, it's not all that unreasonable in my opinion. The head does still have a brain, so who knows if that would take over who Celty is now. It's not like he's dead set on that being the outcome, as much as being cautious and looking at different possibilities. I think his fears make sense in a mysterious situation where anything could happen.

Does she have a brain? I can't remember what the result was of the autopsy performed by Shinra's dad. Wasn't it that she had organs but they didn't do anything really? We can't say anything is certain about her existence, and as such, Selty should be able to attack this as she pleases without Shinra getting in the way because he's in love. There was a clear parallel created with Shinra and Seiji to me, and that's why I was more disgusted that Selty let it fly.
Mar 27, 2010 4:51 PM
Dec 2007
Great episode as usual with a huge twist, nice direction and chara-development. And Izaya is definitely a whore as expected. Not that I don't like him though, he makes things interesting through foppery and whim as some glorious men will in a not so distant future.

Rail_Tracer said:
Usami-Haru said:

It seems that next week Durarara! won't be airing, because there's an Ookiku Furikabutte one-hour special~ (On MBS at least).

Fuck Ookiku Furikabutte. Durarara is WAY better then that sports shit.

I like Durarara and will probably miss it if it doesn't air next week, but I must say I'm definitely more happy with the news of an Oofuri double ep on MBS. Simply the best sports anime of the decade and by far the best thing A-1 Picture has ever made, it even got a 10 from me (only sports anime with a 10 on my list except for Touch if I remember correctly ?). Anyway, it will be huge.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Mar 27, 2010 4:51 PM

Nov 2008
noteDhero said:
Does she have a brain? I can't remember what the result was of the autopsy performed by Shinra's dad. Wasn't it that she had organs but they didn't do anything really? We can't say anything is certain about her existence, and as such, Selty should be able to attack this as she pleases without Shinra getting in the way because he's in love. There was a clear parallel created with Shinra and Seiji to me, and that's why I was more disgusted that Selty let it fly.

Ah, I think you're right that her organs exist, but don't really function. I guess her head may very well be the same way. For all we know, maybe the way the organs start to function is when the head and body are connected? No idea lol.

Anyways, I do agree that Celty should be able to do what she pleases since it is her life and her head. I sort of feel like Celty she was looking for her head because she didn't know what else to do, without thinking about what consequences or results there could be. That being said, I think Shinra didn't want her making a rash decision. Unlike Seiji, Shinra seems worried about Celty's life in general. I do think Shinra should have went about this differently and just had a conversation with her before hand, but I don't think he was being so much of a creeper as trying to get Celty to accept the existence she has now since it's "safe" for her that way. And now that she has accepted her existence, she can make her choice about the head situation rationally.
YukiKumoMar 27, 2010 5:18 PM
Mar 27, 2010 5:13 PM

Mar 2010
noteDhero said:
YukiKumo said:
noteDhero said:

Yes, she has organs but they don't work. She probably does not even have a brain at least not in the same sense as humans. Celty had calmed when she realize that he feared about her own existence as he did. All either had were speculation for their claims and Celty has known Shinra ever since he was child and further knows he's not a evil person, that why she willing to give him a benefit of a doubt.

Seiji-Shinra parallel doesn't work because the Mika incident showed his that he did not love the "head" beyond it's appearance, as long it had Celty's face he'll take it. Shinra on the the otherhand loves her whether she a head or, not and his rash actions were out fear than any malice. Shinra conversation with implies had he knew more about her existence or, had they both talk it over before hand they would have the understanding now that didn't back then.
Mar 27, 2010 5:19 PM

Sep 2009
Wow. ShinraxSelty moments are very well done :P
Izaya = WIN
Best episode so far for me ;o
Mar 27, 2010 6:17 PM

Feb 2009
I wish I didn't go to Wiki and spoil that part for me! T-T

I think the whole cast are Dollars!
Mar 27, 2010 6:54 PM

Aug 2009
I was O_O when it was revealed that the girl was Mika Harima herself and she'd survived. I was more O_O when I saw that she was still ready to be with Seiji (Who needs to die).

Shinra x Selty = Love
I just love them. What a brilliantly done scene that was. Reminds us that Celty's a woman with feelings and not just a headless walking irish folklore.

Mikado and Anri always made a good couple. LOL @ the kicked Mikado.
Which reminds me...
He's wanted to protect Mikado from all the gangs and suff. What'll happen when he'll discover the reality?

Oh and Izaya you sneaky little double-faced playing with corpse bastard! We still love you.

Moar Shizuo was needed.
Mar 27, 2010 6:54 PM

Aug 2009
Amazing episode.

Oh what the hell... No Durarara next week T_T
Can't wait for the next arc.
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Durarara!! Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

francismeunier - Apr 22, 2010

234 by Karva1 »»
Apr 20, 5:26 PM

Poll: » Durarara!! Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Usami-Haru - Mar 18, 2010

456 by Karva1 »»
Apr 20, 1:47 PM

Poll: » Durarara!! Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Proselyt - Jan 14, 2010

331 by Karva1 »»
Apr 19, 11:39 PM

Poll: » Durarara!! Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

katzenjammer - Feb 18, 2010

299 by Kurkitos »»
Feb 5, 6:31 PM

Poll: » Durarara!! Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Kirika- - May 27, 2010

205 by dr_hydrangea »»
Jan 31, 4:32 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.