Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Durarara!! (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 5 6 [7]
May 30, 2020 9:00 AM

Aug 2016
Gator said:
D_GeekGirl said:

I agree.

Good to see that someone agrees with me, I seem to have a more negative view of this anime than most episode comments. Don't get your hopes up for better romances in the sequels though, so far no luck haha

That's disappointing, I hoped the creator was showing a parallel between Senji and Shinra. That they are both selfish, controlling, and don't care about hurting people. That neither loves Celty. I thought the writers were clever by contrasting Shinji's coldness with Shinra's quirkiness while still showing the audience how similar they are. Sad to know that's not the case.

I'm enjoying the twists, but hating the twisted romances.
Aug 6, 2020 11:53 PM
Oct 2019
TRASH

Celty's head actually being the stalker chick was a shocking revelation. And Izaya mocking Seiji for not even knowing the difference was hilarious. So to be fair, I liked that part.

But the stalker chick and Seiji are BOTH still weird af, and I don't enjoy that aspect of the show at all.

And to make things exponentially worse, Celty confronted the a-hole doctor and still claims to love him after he admitted everything? Grow a pair of BALLS, Celty, and leave that piece of crap!

Then we realize that Izaya is just a different type of sick, twisted weirdo playing around with Celty's head and manipulating everyone behind the scenes. Making me dislike a character I just began to like. Oh goodie.

Even Mikado is starting to give off weird vibes now. Is Masaomi really the only normal character left? Probably not. There's still that hospital girl he seldom visits that's probably another weird relationship.

I hated this episode so much that I'm debating whether I should drop the show altogether. The one storyline that actually interested me - Celty looking for her head - is now, at best, put on hold because she's content playing housewife in her bogus relationship with the a-hole doctor. All these freakazoid relationships make for TERRIBLE tv. Nor do they appear to be going away anytime soon.

Yea, that settles it. DROPPED.

I give this show a 4 or 5/10. Prior to this episode I thought this show was somewhere between a 6 or 7/10, but that it still had some potential (eg, the Celty body and head encounter). I no longer have that hope. I don't understand Durarara's high rating at all, but more power to those of you who like it.
HagePotPotatoAug 7, 2020 12:19 AM
Aug 7, 2020 12:24 AM
Oct 2019
Gator said:
D_GeekGirl said:

I agree.

Good to see that someone agrees with me, I seem to have a more negative view of this anime than most episode comments. Don't get your hopes up for better romances in the sequels though, so far no luck haha

I agree with you both. The love interests are all twisted. They've made it impossible for me to like the show.
Nov 25, 2020 8:39 AM
Mar 2018
Oh man I really didn't like any of this. Could have done without the weird romances. But I guess that's just how the show is, really not for me.
Dec 12, 2020 3:21 PM

May 2016
Such a freaking weird romance for sure everyone is twisted.
Izaya is pulling the strings and he actually made dollars into what its today.
Mar 26, 2021 9:10 PM

Aug 2014
that headless biker chick sure had a big bootea when she was hugging the doctor in the sofa

If the anime had ended after this episode 12, I wouldnt have had any complaints. Sure, the headless biker girl might miss her head,but i would have been fine.

I hope they dont milk it with new characters and new arcs
Aug 18, 2021 2:09 AM

Aug 2017
Wait, the stalker girl is still alive. I was trolled there lol while Celty's head is in Izaya's possession. Such a great twist.

And with this episode, the first half of Durarara! from Winter 2010 is over. My score so far is 8/10. AOTS.
NurguburuSep 4, 2021 12:08 AM
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Nov 15, 2021 12:00 AM

Aug 2019
So Izaya is pulling strings and has celtys head now.....wonderful episode...cant wait for more...
Dec 13, 2021 4:16 AM

May 2020
They had us right from the start, it was Mika all along!!!
Izaya keeping Celty's head for now, interested to see what he's planning though.

If this wasn't a double cour, then this could've been a good spot to conclude.
Apr 18, 2022 1:33 AM

Sep 2018
"Let's have the fallen angel fly again", so he's gonna eventually give her back her head? For a price maybe?

And yes, the stalker romance is fucking weird lol, even Celty falling in love with the guy she knew since he was four. Enjoyable though.

That was one great first half, hope it maintains it's quality.
Aug 13, 2022 8:53 AM

May 2018
Things are wrapped up now. Good thing real Celty is fine for now
Aug 27, 2022 3:21 PM
Apr 2021
OKOKOKOKOKOKOKOK
Nov 14, 2022 10:45 PM
Apr 2020
Pretty good episode
Jan 9, 2023 5:30 PM
Mar 2020
Interesting to see how Celty will influence the future of the anime. Enjoying the mystery behind everything. Cute little portion of Mikado and Kida. Finally, this anime is painted all over with twisted love. I hate it, but it keeps me guessing what's gonna happen next.
Jan 19, 2023 9:36 AM
May 2020
a new sense of normal for everyone
Mar 25, 2023 4:04 PM

Feb 2018
Wasn't expecting Izaya to be interested in the Dullahan.
Looks like Celty and Shinra have also made up.
Mikado looks like he might try something with Anri, if he gets the courage.
Pages (7) « First ... « 5 6 [7]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Durarara!! Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Proselyt - Jan 14, 2010

330 by Beatnik »»
Feb 25, 1:21 PM

Poll: » Durarara!! Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

katzenjammer - Feb 18, 2010

299 by Kurkitos »»
Feb 5, 6:31 PM

Poll: » Durarara!! Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Kirika- - May 27, 2010

205 by dr_hydrangea »»
Jan 31, 4:32 AM

Poll: » Durarara!! Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Usami-Haru - Mar 18, 2010

455 by ryzxgum »»
Jan 19, 11:09 PM

Poll: » Durarara!! Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Rail_Tracer - Mar 31, 2010

336 by 2life »»
Nov 29, 2023 3:27 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.