Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Durarara!! (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Mar 24, 2010 7:39 PM

Dec 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I can't wait!

I hope this episode has this BGM in it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0YVNwzhaR78

That would be epic. Last time we heard it was in Ep 5.
Mar 25, 2010 11:06 AM
Dec 2008
Well, it got pretty twisty at the end, with Izaya and everything, and while much didn't happen, I liked it just as much as last week. Also, last Uragiri no Yuuyake ;__;.

It seems that next week Durarara! won't be airing, because there's an Ookiku Furikabutte one-hour special~ (On MBS at least).
Mar 25, 2010 12:13 PM

Dec 2009
Usami-Haru said:

It seems that next week Durarara! won't be airing, because there's an Ookiku Furikabutte one-hour special~ (On MBS at least).

Fuck Ookiku Furikabutte. Durarara is WAY better then that sports shit.
Mar 25, 2010 12:46 PM
Nov 2008

I love that. Can't wait for the full ost.

Usami-Haru said:

Wait what? ;__;
To wait one week is a big pain for me already, 2 weeks would be horrible
Mar 25, 2010 12:55 PM

Jan 2009
Usami-Haru said:
Well, it got pretty twisty at the end, with Izaya and everything, and while much didn't happen, I liked it just as much as last week. Also, last Uragiri no Yuuyake ;__;.

This.

Also, as much as I love Durarara, I'm still happy Ookiku Furikabutte's getting one hour next week. More anticipation is better for DRRR for me anyway.
My brain: Yorozuya Gin-chan -> Yozakura Quartet = Yorozuya Quartet (this is how much Gintama has affected me).
Mar 25, 2010 1:35 PM

May 2009
I just love Durarara, D:

Also, what? 2 week wait? WHAT!?!?
Mar 25, 2010 3:21 PM

Jul 2007
hmmm two week wait?! -dies-

this episode is soo epiccc D'; i want the subs nao lol xD
Mar 25, 2010 4:00 PM

Oct 2009
Excellent episode! Amazing really! First part: I really loved it when Celty put herself in front of Mikado to take the hit of Seiji's attack! That was epic and nice of her!In honor of Panaru=>
Panaru said:
I'll say this one thing, and it's extremely profane and will probably have a lot of caps lock, so I'll place it in spoilers to hide it from more innocent eyes.

Seiji you piece of stinking crap that makes so nauseous I would love to puke at you: Mika was nice to you...she blushed for you, she loved you and yet when she was so crazy for you that she was willing to risk breaking in....you, you, you slammed her head into a WALL! Even after she was willing to accept your weird hobby! This is not acceptable! Everyone this is Spaaartaaa! All who hate Seiji for slamming Mika's head into a wall join me! Other than that I loved it the whole couple quarrel of Shinra/Celty and this=>OMG so lovely and cute!

In the second part: was cute Mikado kicking Kida and going next to Anri! :3 =>
Seiji apologizing in the class to Mikado was good too . Another OMG was that Celty is in the Dollars site? What the heck O_O is she part of them? Third OMG has to be Izaya with Mika's (apparently it's like that) Celty's head.....oh dear that was disturbing a little I would say=>
.....anyone care to analyze the chess board again.... Also epic legend telling of Izaya is EPIC!=>
Does anyone hate Shinra now for what he did to Mika even though she was fully alive at that operating table? Looks like some fights in the next episode and Celty finally accepted part of herself so I am happy for her! :D
francismeunierMar 25, 2010 11:20 PM

In spoiler my anime list for now.
Mar 25, 2010 4:58 PM

Feb 2008
What @ Panaru/francismeunier? That's not how it is with the head thing.

The head that Izaya has is Celty's real head. Mika still has her own head, just with plastic surgery. She didn't die, Seiji just knocked her out. Hopefully people will understand this when subs come out.

Anyway, awesome ep as usual. I'm totally sold on Mika now, her blush was adorable. Stalker love~ Celty and Shinra were really cute in this ep too, along with the Mikado/Anri/Kida scene. That part was so cute that it almost seemed like an end-of-series wrap up episode, but thank god there's more :D Izaya was generally epic as well, playing with Celty's head at the end was mildly creepy but also awesome xD

Can't wait for the new OP/ED and next ep on the 8th (blah, next Thursday I'm gonna feel deprived...)

カレン ♥ 愛してるx無限!!! あああああいしてるうううううう!!! (づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ
Mar 25, 2010 5:27 PM

Dec 2009
God fucking dammit, when the hell are they going to play this BGM already? It's way better then the shitty music they used for this ep.

(This is the epic BGM i'm talking about)

Mar 25, 2010 5:54 PM

Nov 2007
What? She was forced to have that head, in order to be with whoever she likes? So that doctor who made the surgery was Shinra?

Awww~~ Shinra's love to Celty/Selty!

That couple "transferred" to Ryuugamine's school?

Ryuugamine's kiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiick!

So it was Izaya who called Mika to get out.

Eh~~, no ep. next week?

Izaya's explanation part...

Edit: Oh, I just searched for new OP and ED, I'm looking forward to new ED by ON/OFF (it was a long time ever since they released their album, and they sang for Vampire Knight series)!!
tsubasaloverMar 25, 2010 6:36 PM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Mar 25, 2010 8:55 PM

Oct 2009
Fayto said:

The head that Izaya has is Celty's real head. Mika still has her own head, just with plastic surgery. She didn't die, Seiji just knocked her out. Hopefully people will understand this when subs come out.
Oh I am sry but I disagree......it is because you forgot the key factor that I will find proof to you with pics but now I can't yet since cannot find a good video....basically the eye color is way different with Mika than it is with Celty's also you forgot why did Celty look like she was crying at the very same time the other head was? Panaru expressed himself earlier on and I now join in with him about Seiji....he slammed her head in the wall and she was not offensive at all like I though she would have been with the head.....she quite accepted that. Late on the GIFs thing but I did a little bit of some...somehow I found it hilarious when Celty kept hitting Seiji with her helmet.....
francismeunierMar 31, 2010 2:13 AM

Mar 25, 2010 9:23 PM

Mar 2010
francismeunier said:
Fayto said:

Oh I am sry but I disagree......it is because you forgot the key factor that I will find proof to you with pics but now I can't yet since cannot find a good video....basically the eye color is way different with Mika than it is with Celty's also you forgot why did Celty look like she was crying at the very same time the other head was? Panaru expressed himself earlier on and I now join in with him about Seiji....he slammed her head in the wall and she was not offensive at all like I though she would have been with the head.....she quite accepted that.

Mika was probably using contacts for her eyes. There are those that can change eye color.
Ex: http://www.allaboutvision.com/contacts/colors.htm
Mar 25, 2010 9:36 PM

Feb 2008
francismeunier said:
Fayto said:

Oh I am sry but I disagree......it is because you forgot the key factor that I will find proof to you with pics but now I can't yet since cannot find a good video....basically the eye color is way different with Mika than it is with Celty's also you forgot why did Celty look like she was crying at the very same time the other head was? Panaru expressed himself earlier on and I now join in with him about Seiji....he slammed her head in the wall and she was not offensive at all like I though she would have been with the head.....she quite accepted that.

Disagree all you like, but it's confirmed by the novels. I wasn't stating a theory but a fact based on spoilers I've read, sorry if I didn't make that clear. Of course I noticed Mika's eyes, and Jagd84 is probably right about the colour contacts.

Also, you wouldn't necessarily die from having your head slammed against the wall. Like I said, she was just knocked out.

Mar 25, 2010 9:45 PM

Oct 2009
Fayto said:
francismeunier said:
Fayto said:

Disagree all you like, but it's confirmed by the novels. I wasn't stating a theory but a fact based on spoilers I've read, sorry if I didn't make that clear. Of course I noticed Mika's eyes, and Jagd84 is probably right about the colour contacts.

Also, you wouldn't necessarily die from having your head slammed against the wall. Like I said, she was just knocked out.
Regardless I stand by that slamming any women's head into the wall is not right for males nor anyone to abuse them physically like that....especially if they are not offensive....contact lens? That's a first I hear and I would agree with you it's possible but it remains to be seen with either subs or further episodes....logically it makes no sense if Seiji saw the head in the jar before and it had the same eyes....at least from Celty's point of view in her flashback.....so I am sure Seiji's sister put that head on Mika's body and Shinra did the operation.....since he is so good logically he can do those kind of operations.

Mar 25, 2010 9:59 PM

Mar 2010
francismeunier said:
Fayto said:
francismeunier said:
Fayto said:

Regardless I stand by that slamming any women's head into the wall is not right for males nor anyone to abuse them physically like that....especially if they are not offensive....contact lens? That's a first I hear and I would agree with you it's possible but it remains to be seen with either subs or further episodes....logically it makes no sense if Seiji saw the head in the jar before and it had the same eyes....at least from Celty's point of view in her flashback.....so I am sure Seiji's sister put that head on Mika's body and Shinra did the operation.....since he is so good logically he can do those kind of operations.

The eye color-change was there to make her less recognizable to people who knew her before the operation like Anri not to Seiji.

I'm not sure what you mean by your first part, there wasn't any intentional physical abuse on Seiji's part, Mika just seen something she shouldn't have and he panicked and did the first thing that came to mind.
Iron_MawMar 25, 2010 10:10 PM
Mar 25, 2010 10:34 PM

Feb 2008
Can't be bothered to quote all of that long post, orz. But you can believe what you want about Celty and Mika's head situation right now, it'll be confirmed soon enough by the anime itself so there's no point in debating about it. If you really can't wait, just read the spoilers on Mika's profile here.

And yes, Shinra did operate on Mika, but all he did was plastic surgery. Do you really think he would let Celty's head be stuck on another girl's body so easily? He does love Celty, you know, so despite not caring whether she has a head or not I don't think he would just give it away like that.

Mar 25, 2010 10:57 PM

Nov 2007
Ah! Can't wait for the episode to be subbed! Also, if people hated the Yagiri siblings, then that must mean it's working. They're antagonist, they're supposed to be hated.

and francismeunier, haven't I recalled you starting that rage of Kurumi hates in the KnT episode threads? D:

Can't wait for the Anri arc.

Mar 25, 2010 11:11 PM

Oct 2009
underMebius said:
Ah! Can't wait for the episode to be subbed! Also, if people hated the Yagiri siblings, then that must mean it's working. They're antagonist, they're supposed to be hated.

and francismeunier, haven't I recalled you starting that rage of Kurumi hates in the KnT episode threads? D:
It was not me starting that rage...it was someone else I joined them that's all.
Fayto said:
Can't be bothered to quote all of that long post, orz. But you can believe what you want about Celty and Mika's head situation right now, it'll be confirmed soon enough by the anime itself so there's no point in debating about it. If you really can't wait, just read the spoilers on Mika's profile here.

And yes, Shinra did operate on Mika, but all he did was plastic surgery. Do you really think he would let Celty's head be stuck on another girl's body so easily? He does love Celty, you know, so despite not caring whether she has a head or not I don't think he would just give it away like that.
Ok guess I rushed a little there....sry :(
I still don't find Seiji reasonably suddenly being rude with Mika like that . Now I get it but you know it means that Namie is deceiving Seiji like that.......he sure shows how in disbelief he was but in the end it looks like he accepted her......I wonder though will he snap at one point to get rid of her since she is not that head he loves so much.
@Jagd84 So the stitches are also fake to make Seiji think of Mika being that head?

Mar 25, 2010 11:21 PM

Mar 2010
francismeunier said:
@Jagd84 So the stitches are also fake to make Seiji think of Mika being that head?

You mean "scar" and yeah they were there to fool Seiji.
Mar 25, 2010 11:53 PM

Oct 2009
Jagd84 said:
francismeunier said:

You mean "scar" and yeah they were there to fool Seiji.

I see well then it all makes sense now except what the heck will Seiji do about it?

Mar 26, 2010 1:30 AM

Sep 2009
Fayto said:

Disagree all you like, but it's confirmed by the novels. I wasn't stating a theory but a fact based on spoilers I've read, sorry if I didn't make that clear.

Eh? so you wrote something that's not know in the anime, without a spoiler-tag, even thou it says: "THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST" in the very first post... Thx mate, that's really nice of you-.-'

Anywho...looking forward to subs...as always:)
Mar 26, 2010 2:55 AM

Nov 2007
Epic episode was epic.

Also, can wait two weeks now that we are going to enter the new arc (saika arc).
Also, yuush! ookiku is win, so can't wait, but they should have taken some other slot to avoid some fans' rage :P
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Mar 26, 2010 3:52 AM

Apr 2008
mini_jette said:
Fayto said:

Disagree all you like, but it's confirmed by the novels. I wasn't stating a theory but a fact based on spoilers I've read, sorry if I didn't make that clear.

Eh? so you wrote something that's not know in the anime, without a spoiler-tag, even thou it says: "THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST" in the very first post... Thx mate, that's really nice of you-.-'

Actually the whole plastic surgery deal IS stated this episode so it's NOT a spoiler anymore :P
Mar 26, 2010 7:17 AM

Sep 2009
Darklight0303 said:
mini_jette said:
Fayto said:

Actually the whole plastic surgery deal IS stated this episode so it's NOT a spoiler anymore :P

Actually...IF one has NOT seen the episode yet - it WOULD be a spoiler and as such...some people would prefer a spoiler-tag...
Personally I don't give a crap - I love spoilers, can't stay away from them...but I guess sarcasm never translates well onto paper...
Mar 26, 2010 9:28 AM

Jun 2008
mini_jette said:

Actually...IF one has NOT seen the episode yet - it WOULD be a spoiler and as such...some people would prefer a spoiler-tag...
Personally I don't give a crap - I love spoilers, can't stay away from them...but I guess sarcasm never translates well onto paper...

I'm getting tired of those who haven't watch the episode yet coming here when it clearly stated an episode discussion about what happen IN the episode and what we though about it. So what did you think we're going to talk about?

The episode clearly stated she took plastic surgery by the work of Shinra and yes she survived the head smashed by Seiji as you can see in the episode. So it wasn't a spoiler, if this wasn't show in the episode itself, spoiler tag is needed.

As for what I think about this episode:
- Surely, I also want Seiji to just go and die in hell as everyone mention.
- I pity that Mika still loves him even after what he have done to her.
- Izaya and Shizuo little scene never cease to made me laugh of what Shizuo threw towards Izaya.
- I love Mikado's reaction (as usual) of finding out Izaya is Kanra as he called Mikado, Tanaka Taro before he left. + the sweet scene where Mikado kicked poor Masaomi when he "confess" to Anri but failed because of Mikado.. and also an A++ to the narrator for saying "How long will Mikado falls in love? Until he confess?"
- Shinra/Celty scene when she punched him and all that... <3 (But I weirdly ship Celty/Shizuo more though.....)
- Izaya was behind all those things that happen... why am I not that surprise? And he creeps me out when he plays with the head! But then again, I was weirdly hoping he would kiss it *get shot* xD
MimikoMar 26, 2010 9:31 AM
Mar 26, 2010 9:43 AM

Jan 2010
blaahhhh. i need subs :(

Curse my inability to learn Japanese completly..
Mar 26, 2010 10:32 AM

Oct 2009
Mimiko said:
- Surely, I also want Seiji to just go and die in hell as everyone mention.
I will give you this for your comment!=>

Yeah Seiji is one character that is just worth raging at.....his mistreatment of Mika is not tolerable.
nicoliolipoli said:
Curse my inability to learn Japanese completely..
Well dear, the way I see it......at least I enjoy seeing what happens and to enjoy it more I see it again with subs.

Mar 26, 2010 12:06 PM

Dec 2009
I actually lol'd when Seiji grabbed Mika's head and smashed it to the wall.

...is that bad?
Mar 26, 2010 1:06 PM

Aug 2009
Rail_Tracer said:
I actually lol'd when Seiji grabbed Mika's head and smashed it to the wall.

...is that bad?

Nope! I lol'ed.
Mimiko said:
ShinraXCelty scene when she punched him and all that... <3

Totally

-You know if I hadn't known any better, I'd say this would have been the last episode the way they were finishing up everything from before. That being said, it was a slower episode today which makes sense since it seemed the show had been on this incredibly high streak of "Let's push beyond awesome" for a while now. It's nice to sit back and relax. We couldn't have this with Baccano since it was so short and all.

-Lol when Izaya jumps behind Ryuugamine for no apparent reason and then a mailbox comes out of nowhere. "IZAYAAAAAA!"

-Wow, the stalker actually got Seiji. That's...kind of amazing. Normally, the stalker character dies. Also, more importantly the stalker was alive. That was a twist.

-Othelloshogichess, again, is the ultimate strategy game. I wonder how Izaya will move from here.

-I can't believe I have to wait two weeks for this. I will miss the current OP and ED too but I'm anxious to hear the next one.
Mar 26, 2010 2:59 PM

Nov 2008
Holy c**p! That was better than I had expected. The best twist in this story so far. I thought I had figured out how it would play out but I was far off.

I wonder if they want a war or something. And we are already half-way through. This first arc took a lot of screen time. Maybe there is a second season in the works.

Anyway i can't wait for next week!
Mar 26, 2010 3:37 PM

Jul 2007
yay subs are out :3 such a great episode xDD
Mar 26, 2010 3:51 PM

Apr 2009
Good episode. Love for Celty, and Mikado/Anri :D.

But what Mikado said to Mika was bullshiiittt. Still a friken stalker, and Seiji is still a little b!tch.

I'm sort of getting bored of Shizuo just screaming 'Izaya' all the time. Is it supposed to be like a funny moment?
Mar 26, 2010 5:34 PM

Dec 2009
hikoghert said:
But what Mikado said to Mika was bullshiiittt. Still a friken stalker, and Seiji is still a little b!tch.
yeah, and Seiji is just lucky anyone would be with him... he's got a lot of nerve saying he'll only accept Harima's love until he get's Celty back.

also lol'd when Mikado realized who Kanra is... wonder how long it will take him to figure out who Setton is :D
Mar 26, 2010 5:50 PM
Nov 2008
Rail_Tracer said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I can't wait!

I hope this episode has this BGM in it

That would be epic. Last time we heard it was in Ep 5.
I love that BGM. XD

Epic epic episode. ;_;
Mar 26, 2010 5:58 PM

Jun 2008
oh god why is every episode of this so fricking AMAZING?

Shinra and Celty are so, so, so, SO adorable together. God. Celty is brain-meltingly adorable, hnngh.

Both Seiji and Mika are seriously fucked up. They're perfect for each other. :|

heeee, Mikado and Anri are cute too.<3 Poor Kida, lolol.
Mar 26, 2010 6:23 PM

Mar 2008
Nice episode. Kida never ceases to entertain me, nor does Izaya with his delirious rants.

This episode ended in a kind of standstill though. I suppose the plot will now built up to the point Selty gets her head back (or is forced to have it back) and then we will get some reaction, right? I'm very curious about it, yet, at the same time, I'm bored with Mikado's evolution. What is he, a pokemon?? I couldn't care less really. Also, Shinra is starting to piss me off. Someone please kill that damned sicko already! Same goes for Seiji and his sister. What a pair...

Want more Miria and Isaac, and Shizuo.
Mar 26, 2010 6:39 PM
Feb 2010
Someone mind telling me where to watch it? Both animefreak.tv and anime-media.com only have half the episode. What's up with that? >_>
Mar 26, 2010 6:59 PM

Mar 2009
Baaah! Can't wait to see the next episode! ;v;
Mar 26, 2010 7:01 PM

Jun 2009
30 seconds before he finds the girl, 35 before he finds his best friend hitting on the girl, 40 seconds before he drop kicks his friend
Mar 26, 2010 7:07 PM

Apr 2009
I want more. ;__;
Mikado is <3
and Shinra/Selty are <3 as well
Mar 26, 2010 7:28 PM
Feb 2009
omggg 2 weeks wait nao wdffffff n0oo0o0o0o0o
Mar 26, 2010 7:29 PM
Feb 2010
ilikeyouevenmore said:
Julio-sama said:
Someone mind telling me where to watch it? Both animefreak.tv and anime-media.com only have half the episode. What's up with that? >_>
watchanimeon and you'll have to look under part 2 for the 2nd half :D

Thanks!

Nice episode, though not as great as the ones before it, still very good. ^_^;
Mar 26, 2010 7:35 PM

Jan 2010
Awesome episode :)
Too bad there's no episode next week >.<
Can't wait for Kida or Anri arc to start ^-^
Mar 26, 2010 7:48 PM

Sep 2007
Lol at francismuenier jumping to fail conclusions by watching raws and not understanding anything.

Looks like Harima didn't die after all... but even so, she is one pretty fucked up yandere. SeijixHarima is probably one of the most disturbed couple ever.

Even after Shinra's confession to Celty about her head, I still think he's hiding something. The guy is just totally shady.
Mar 26, 2010 7:48 PM

Oct 2007
Why can't I play BSS's videos? They always say I'm missing some audio decoder, but it doesn't tell me which one.

Mar 26, 2010 8:05 PM

Jan 2010
Wasabi said:

Looks like Harima didn't die after all... but even so, she is one pretty fucked up yandere. SeijixHarima is probably one of the most disturbed couple ever.

Isnt that what they call "beeing in Love" ?
Mar 26, 2010 8:10 PM

Mar 2009
Awesome... that's all I can say... Anri x Mikado? What do you think y'all? Mika x Seiji? Hmm this could interesting with the Head in Izaya's possession. --- Randy
Mar 26, 2010 8:24 PM

Jan 2009
i love this show
I love twist, like when you think you've figured it out, bam something happens :)
So good hopefully there will be another season :D cuz 24 is not enough :D
Mar 26, 2010 8:26 PM

Jul 2008
so turns out stalker girl is still alive,and celty's head is in izaya's possession, but what hes going to do to start a war i'm afraid to know. still wiating for celty to beat the crap out of the doctor
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Durarara!! Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Proselyt - Jan 14, 2010

330 by Beatnik »»
Feb 25, 1:21 PM

Poll: » Durarara!! Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

katzenjammer - Feb 18, 2010

299 by Kurkitos »»
Feb 5, 6:31 PM

Poll: » Durarara!! Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Kirika- - May 27, 2010

205 by dr_hydrangea »»
Jan 31, 4:32 AM

Poll: » Durarara!! Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Usami-Haru - Mar 18, 2010

455 by ryzxgum »»
Jan 19, 11:09 PM

Poll: » Durarara!! Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Rail_Tracer - Mar 31, 2010

336 by 2life »»
Nov 29, 2023 3:27 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.