Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 20, 2008 9:26 AM

Feb 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Loved this episode (as usual =P). Yamada's aunt is crazy, the part where she says "Oh, so you were thinking about taking it off tonight" really cracked me up xD
KinetaNov 25, 2012 9:40 AM
May 13, 2008 12:05 PM

May 2008
Well it turned out not the way i expected... hagu didnt feel bad about morita dissapearence. i think that after all she still can't have love coz shes to little... it was funy when she started working on her project hard... man-like ;D

i felt sad after seeing how yamada prepared for the festival just to impress mayama... she got only a simple compliment out of it but still was happy... ;/ why couldnt she try harder... she even blushed ;D totaly inlove :P
--------------------------------------------------------
------------/¯/)
-----------/¯¯/
----------/-../
-----/´¯//'.'//´¯`·
-/´¯/-- /---// ---/¨¯\
('-(---(´--(´ -¯~/'--)

Jun 29, 2008 11:48 AM

Jan 2008
New Opening! ^___________^
Episode without Morita is no episode TwT I miss him!
Aug 27, 2008 5:42 AM

Jan 2008
Poor Yamada ;__;
Oct 4, 2008 1:36 PM

Nov 2007
nice alegory between the plant and her.
poor, poor Hagu. Goldfish!
Mar 9, 2009 7:29 PM

Feb 2009
Yeah the description of the broken plant stem was so poetic! But there was no Mori =(
I like anime and stuff
May 4, 2009 10:54 AM

Aug 2008
Wow, I feel sorry for Yamada. She's so cute, go for it Ayu-chan! :)

I lol'd with her uncle and Hagu working on her project.

May 12, 2009 3:43 AM

Jun 2008
wow.. that plant symbolized her feelings for mayama... JUST BREAK IT ALREADY!! the plant looks pathetic like that.. and frankly, so does ayu... i like mayama to notice ayu but i feel sorry for ayu with mayama being like that.. i hope she finds someone else...
May 25, 2009 4:10 PM

Jan 2008
Ayuuu~ o.o I'm feeling so sorry for her...she's genuinely in love and it's difficult for her to let go...

The problem is, you can't really bear a grudge against Mayama for not noticing her properly...I like him so much, too. That's extremely complicated and tragic...

Next episode seems to be about Rika again? Mayama should stop chasing after her =/

Jun 9, 2009 7:19 AM

Mar 2009
I really want Yamada to get a happy ending.

Jun 10, 2009 5:34 AM

Aug 2008
Anyone knows the name of the song which was in the first part of the episode?
Jul 8, 2009 8:45 PM

Jul 2008
Oh dear. Hagu started going GAR on us.
Aug 13, 2009 8:05 PM

Jun 2008
I so cried in this episode like a pansy. Probably because I can connect to Yamada and when she talked during the fireworks I lost it.

miss Morita'
Oct 30, 2009 2:26 PM

Oct 2009
Kittenia said:
I so cried in this episode like a pansy. Probably because I can connect to Yamada and when she talked during the fireworks I lost it.

This.
Dec 4, 2009 9:50 AM

Jun 2009
The whole thing about Morita being some sort of 007 seems to be just a bit too far fetched for the realms of this series IMO.. I just don't buy it.
Dec 26, 2009 1:04 AM

Oct 2008
vearg said:
wow.. that plant symbolized her feelings for mayama... JUST BREAK IT ALREADY!! the plant looks pathetic like that.. and frankly, so does ayu... i like mayama to notice ayu but i feel sorry for ayu with mayama being like that.. i hope she finds someone else...

During that episode she mentioned about not wanting to break the plant because there were healthy leaves growing on the other side of the break in the stem. Maybe those were symbolising the hope she still has that it will work out between Mayama and her? She doesn't want to give up on Mayama, even though she probably should >.>.

amusingnickname said:
The whole thing about Morita being some sort of 007 seems to be just a bit too far fetched for the realms of this series IMO.. I just don't buy it.

This kinda reminds me of the protagonist from Eden of the East, Morita even looks, and to an extent, even acts like him!

So far I'm loving this series, but I still can't get over Hagumi looking like a 10 year old. Even though it suits her character, its pretty weird..
Aug 28, 2010 11:44 AM

Dec 2009
Manifest said:
but I still can't get over Hagumi looking like a 10 year old. Even though it suits her character, its pretty weird..

Oh, yeah. She looks like a 10 year, and she feels and thinks like a kid. It's really weird.
Oh, I know!!! She was cursed!! Yeah, exactly. By grandma.
I'm seriously. So we have a James Bond guy and and... a witch!

Manifest said:
This kinda reminds me of the protagonist from Eden of the East, Morita even looks, and to an extent, even acts like him!

Indeed. Unfortunately, I don't like Eden at all.
Aug 29, 2010 6:21 PM

May 2010
I am falling asleep.
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Jan 3, 2011 10:58 AM

Jun 2009
I miss the jokes of Morita, I hope he comes back soon. About Hagu I know many people won't like what I say here but I really hope Takemoto ends with her even thought I know that won't happen, idk something just tell me but I hope I am wrong. I mean Morita is a great character but when I see Takemoto talk about Hagu I can feel the love he has for her, and yeah I can see the love that Morita has for Hagu but it's not like the same. I think Takemoto loves her move deep because he can give up just because he wants her to be happy.

About Ayu I just can't help it but when see her talking about love feel bad for her, I know she has to give up for that but she doesn't and she is just making it bigger, and when I see her cry I just can't pass it, just so sad. Well the plant at the end she said her mom had the reason so that means she will quit it but she said she can't give up those feelings, now I am not sure if she should give up because maybe but just maybe Mayama will love her someday.
Apr 7, 2011 8:33 AM

Feb 2010
Ayu giving up on Mayama? No, I don't think so, nor do I think she should just yet. Makes me want to cry too when she cries but I'll be damned if Mayama could do something about it. I just wished he would admire her more but then would it realy help? It's rather the neutrality of his reaction that shows how serious he is with not giving her false hopes. You are such a good guy, Mayama-kun! T_T Yamada realy is making things more painfull for them both. But maybe it's because she doesn't realise Mayama's feelings to Rika yet. Mayama doesn't hate Ayu, that's certain, and he likes her, but things are just a little bit complicated <_<
Hell is empty and all the devils are here.
Apr 27, 2011 3:18 PM

Aug 2010
New ED sucks balls compared to the first one
Oct 31, 2011 3:20 PM

Sep 2010
Awww, poor Yamada :( I loved part with the plant :/ Sad!
Hagu and yamada getting ready was funny XD
I miss Morita O:
𝓻𝓮𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓷 𝓽𝓸 𝓖𝓾𝓼𝓾 𝔀𝓲𝓽𝓱 𝓶𝓮

Jan 3, 2012 9:06 AM

May 2010
Good to see Hagu getting manly rather than feel bad about Morita.

Anyway, really liked Yamada's monologue and the comparison of the plant with her feelings. Kinda felt bad.

Also, liked the new OP visuals and not sure if I liked the new ED. I would still prefer the previous "Waltz".
Mar 5, 2012 12:28 AM
Jun 2011
I took Hagu's actions a little differently. To me it seems she's into him even more than before. A feeling somewhere along the lines of "The one I love left to do his best, so I too shall do my best to be a better person for when he returns."

I am hoping for a TakemotoXHagu pairing personally. I can see alot of myself in him. Hence, this show has been terribly painful to watch, him passing up so many opportunities. I mean what has it been 3 years now that he's known Hagu and hasn't done a thing. Been there done that it sucks.
Apr 1, 2012 12:25 PM

Dec 2011
Yamada and her plant was one of my favourite chapters and is now my favourite episode.

I love it, since anyone with unrequited love can EASILY connect.
May 13, 2012 10:40 PM
Mar 2011
New ending definitely sucks compared to the first one -_-
Am I the only one getting sort of fed up with how Takemoto is feeling and acting with Hagu? I understand I guess you can say the jealousy / envy he has for Morita due to the fact Hagu seems in love with him but this groveling we are contanstly shown by him is painful to watch, probably worse than Yamadas who I would like to see with Mayama.

And this is coming from someone who likes Takemotos character.. Just wish he'd either act upon his feelings or move on. Mayama definitely exposed the possible "passive" side when he was implying that Takemoto wouldn't fight for Hagus love and rather just let it be.
May 16, 2012 9:17 PM

Nov 2011
Love is though

Love that quote...
Jun 17, 2012 3:24 AM

Oct 2008
Seeing Ayu like that is just so sad. It was clearly shown from what happened to the plant that she would suffer the same consequence if she doesn't give up soon. But I honestly think she shouldn't. The road she chose may be painful but maybe there's a good result in the end. I'm hoping for it! *fingers crossed*
Jul 12, 2012 3:41 PM

Jan 2012
i really want ayu to learn how to feign nonchalance and make mayama eat his heart out. he's not going to realize what he's losing out on until he actually, you know, loses it. STOP PINING, GIRL.
Sep 24, 2012 5:55 PM

Nov 2011
Aw man, I hope Morita comes back soon. He pretty much makes the comedy in this anime =P.

"I like to expose what people hide. I'm an intellectual rapist." - Furudo Erika
Nov 17, 2012 1:05 PM

May 2012
Just a great episode but the ending is a bit sad seems Ayu is giving up her love for Mayama, oh well I think it's better this way!

The new OP animation was quite nice "at least better than the original" and the ED was nice as well but not totally amazing what is sad bcs the Anime it self is just epic!
May 22, 2013 5:49 PM

Jan 2013
I guess I was slow to the fact, but I didn’t know that Hagu liked Morita back. She gave quite a mature response when Takemoto asked her if she wanted him to come back. Hagu also looked a little bit older as well.

Yamada helping Mayama is giving a great excuse for them to continue to hang out alone. I really do feel bad that she’s putting so much effort in, especially with her yukata, only to hope that he will reciprocate after basically rejecting her. Seems Rika is in the preivew so we’ll see more of what’s going on in Mayama’s head. I liked how Yamada’s relationship was compared with that of her broken plant.
-Nothing can stay unchanged. Even so, can you still keep on loving this place?

-Be still my soul; when change and tears are past, all safe and blessed we shall meet at last.
Jan 28, 2014 6:16 PM

Apr 2012
damn that comparison of the broken plant to Yamada's unrequited love is so sad :(

Nov 16, 2014 3:07 PM
Jul 2014
Morita, come back.
Dec 9, 2014 6:48 PM

Nov 2011
While pruning is the better method, if you're bent on keeping the original stem, I'm pretty sure you can bandage up the stem and it'll grow back together (similar to grafting).

It won't grow as large that way, though.

Hagu's sudden manliness was kinda funny.
Dec 15, 2014 2:56 PM

Jun 2009
Beefsteak plant is an analogy for Yamada's relationship with Mayama.

Just snap the stem, Yamada.
Jan 13, 2015 7:45 PM

Aug 2012
This anime tears my heart apart
Apr 10, 2015 12:05 AM
Mar 2015
moniilove said:
About Hagu I know many people won&#039;t like what I say here but I really hope Takemoto ends with her even thought I know that won&#039;t happen, idk something just tell me but I hope I am wrong. I mean Morita is a great character but when I see Takemoto talk about Hagu I can feel the love he has for her, and yeah I can see the love that Morita has for Hagu but it&#039;s not like the same. I think Takemoto loves her move deep because he can give up just because he wants her to be happy.

Thats my exact thoughts too. Takemoto's love for Hagu is on a whole new level than Morita. I just cant imagine him being serious about smth for a long time. He is too unstable for relationship and Hagu needs someone to be by her side. Good to know someone shares my view on character ships.
Apr 10, 2015 12:07 AM
Mar 2015
Damn, that moment was so funny! XD

And i was really sad to see Yamada crying. She was so beautiful, did her best and yet.... Why unrequited love have to exist?
Apr 21, 2015 5:04 AM

Aug 2014
wow, new opening clip. The combination of 2D animation, clay animation, and live action. Btw, the song that appears in the middle of the show is always good to hear.
Jun 7, 2015 1:03 PM

Jul 2013
Yeah, I like the new opening.

That episode was funny but wish Shinobu had been there.

That was really funny when they were dressing and saying Hagu had no curves lol. Awww.
Sep 5, 2015 12:26 PM

Jul 2014
Yamada looking gorgeous. *__*
tear it off where it broke, huh?
i miss the old ED Waltz already
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 2, 2015 1:43 AM

May 2014
MAYAMA! YAMADA! WHY DON'T YOU JUST.. LIKE.. GO OUT ALREADYYYY?!?!?! YOU LOOK SO GOOD TOGETHERR! JUST ACCEPT YAMADA'S FEELINGS, MAYAMA NO BAKA!!
Jan 7, 2017 6:29 PM
Jul 2016
I can relate so much to Yamada!! I had unrequited love for someone at high school too. It totally sucks :(

(Though to be honest she kind of ended up being a bit trashy so I guess I dodged a bullet there)

Hayama saying "it looks good I guess", damn that must have hurt. Knowing that she worked so hard to look pretty :( I hope she recovers and finds new love!!

Also I don't get why everyone likes Morita. He seems like a cold character, sure he's funny and all but he just doesn't have any warmth to him. The things he does have no feelings, his character feels robotic.
Jan 15, 2017 2:43 PM

Jan 2013
Nice metaphor with the bent sprout.
Good episode as of late.
Doesn't seem to be much hope for Yuuta or Ayumi.
Apr 10, 2017 3:43 AM

Feb 2013
Hagu-chan was kawaii in that yukata.
Mar 16, 2018 11:35 AM

May 2015
Yay! New OP! NO MORE CREPPY SHRIMP HAND! PRAISE THE LORD!

Kimono scene was so funny. :D

Yamada just give up already, will you? :D
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Apr 12, 2018 11:43 PM

Sep 2013
not very thrilling.....snore

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Feb 7, 2020 4:48 PM

Oct 2019
Quite a boring episode. I'm finding myself enjoying this less and less.
Jul 20, 2020 12:18 AM

Feb 2019
Finally i can't see that panty opening.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Opening

I_0_dont_0_know - Apr 10

3 by mikorinismyson »»
Apr 11, 2:46 AM

Poll: » Hachimitsu to Clover Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Kayro - Mar 17, 2008

126 by whereswisteria »»
Mar 29, 2:43 PM

Poll: » Hachimitsu to Clover Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Fentastic - Oct 5, 2008

124 by anti0taku »»
Sep 14, 2023 4:50 PM

Poll: » Hachimitsu to Clover Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Kayro - Mar 21, 2008

61 by anti0taku »»
Aug 3, 2023 2:42 PM

Poll: » Hachimitsu to Clover Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Kayro - Mar 20, 2008

63 by anti0taku »»
Aug 3, 2023 1:08 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.