Forum Settings
Forums

4Kids Comes Back To Japanese Anime [Update Apr 26]

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Mar 23, 2010 3:19 AM

Sep 2009
They're gonna license something popular...?

Really?

Well guys, let them wallow in it. Doesn't look like no harm's coming to us... yet.

Mar 23, 2010 3:28 AM

Sep 2008
Eh it's not like they Dub good anime anyways. But too bad the shit will get shittier.
It doesn't think, it doesn't feel, it doesn't laugh or cry..... All it does from dusk till dawn is make the soldiers die.
Mar 23, 2010 3:35 AM
Apr 2009
... damn...and here i thought i was free from their slaughtering of anime... apparently not
Mar 23, 2010 3:45 AM

Oct 2008
Seriously, does anyone even "know" the name of the show 4Kids licensed? And by "know," I mean has anyone ever heard of, watched, or is aware of who fansubbed it? Heck, does anyone even know where the show was broadcasted? I'm going to assume the answer is a no.
Mar 23, 2010 5:05 AM

Nov 2008
Hypeathon said:
Seriously, does anyone even "know" the name of the show 4Kids licensed? And by "know," I mean has anyone ever heard of, watched, or is aware of who fansubbed it? Heck, does anyone even know where the show was broadcasted? I'm going to assume the answer is a no.

So, do you?
Mar 23, 2010 5:39 AM

Aug 2009
hahaha wtf, tai chi whoring card game fantasy shonen mixed-cultural generic child-game show with digimon tamerz vibe?

I dun care. Generic choice comming from 4kidzzz.
Mar 23, 2010 5:58 AM

Apr 2009
Seriously, I hope they only licence shows only 4 kids if they're afraid of needing censoring something. also it has to be long, I think.
recent shows/franchises are e.g. jewelpet, thriller restaurant, shugo chara, battle spirits: Shounen gekiha Dan, yumeiro patissiere etc. (I think Fairy Tail is too bloody for kids) precure francise could be work too.

if they license short (or actually normal with 26 episodes) ones and 13+ ones, I think basquash, the upcoming heroman, weiß schwarz, ukkari penelope (maybe to kiddy?), element hunters, Shinkyoku Soukai Polyphonica (that anime with the QUALITY van); heck, they can even get K-ON! cause it's one of the most innocent animes japan offers. And they're all popular (if not, it's among the kids only)

Thinking back when Viz Media manipulates dubbings to fit mouth movings, they got many hatemails and now stopped using that software. (I dunno what software). Maybe 4kids will appreciate these opinions too? (I have a hunch that they fired some people in these years too.)
Mar 23, 2010 6:56 AM
Jan 2008
Really... wow. I thought I understood that 4kids wasn't "appreciated" 'round these parts but I wasn't expecting the beginnings of a NERDRAGE threadnought over a show that it seems about 25 people watched.

So what if 4kids license it? You'll still download and/or keep the fansubbed episodes illegally.

So what if they have to ink out a few guns? Blame your absurd American society where they feel they have to spend huge amounts of money to avoid censors and busybody parents breathing down their necks.

So what if they remove references to death? Hell becomes "Home For Infinite Losers"; Death becomes the nebulous "Shadow Realm"... this changes the plot how exactly?

So what if they change a few names here and there? The Japanese ones are going to get mangled by the VAs anyway, so why not save them the headache of cycling through different accents to get the nuances right and just give them something that an American can easily pronounce?

Does localisation (yes, it's localisation, not "butchering" - get over yourselves) offend you that much? Stop watching cartoons, go learn Japanese and buy the DVDs in their original language. That way, you can watch what you like and you have a marketable skill. Win-win.

Me? I'll just enjoy listening to their retinue of experienced voice actors and script writers who don't output like machine translators.
Mar 23, 2010 8:15 AM

Jun 2009
ILPPendant said:
Really... wow. I thought I understood that 4kids wasn't "appreciated" 'round these parts but I wasn't expecting the beginnings of a NERDRAGE threadnought over a show that it seems about 25 people watched.

So what if 4kids license it? You'll still download and/or keep the fansubbed episodes illegally.

So what if they have to ink out a few guns? Blame your absurd American society where they feel they have to spend huge amounts of money to avoid censors and busybody parents breathing down their necks.

So what if they remove references to death? Hell becomes "Home For Infinite Losers"; Death becomes the nebulous "Shadow Realm"... this changes the plot how exactly?

So what if they change a few names here and there? The Japanese ones are going to get mangled by the VAs anyway, so why not save them the headache of cycling through different accents to get the nuances right and just give them something that an American can easily pronounce?

Does localisation (yes, it's localisation, not "butchering" - get over yourselves) offend you that much? Stop watching cartoons, go learn Japanese and buy the DVDs in their original language. That way, you can watch what you like and you have a marketable skill. Win-win.

Me? I'll just enjoy listening to their retinue of experienced voice actors and script writers who don't output like machine translators.

By god! Someone actually stood up for them!
You don't seem to realize just how much editing 4Kids do. For one they actually took out an entire scene from Yu-gi-oh just because it had Joey punching Yami. They chop out any bits of story that seem too "risky" to put in. It's ridiculous. The only thing I ever approved of their edits was the name changes. Joey, Tristan and Tea just sound better.

Personality I don't like the idea of them coming back but as long as they stay the hell away from anything I care about then it's fine. (By the way, not a chance Index would get taken. Too much to censor. By the time they would be finished with it then it would be 13 episodes long.)

"I always take life with a grain of salt, ...plus a slice of lemon, ...and a shot of tequila."

Mar 23, 2010 8:22 AM

Mar 2010
why won't they leave us alone and stop screwing up Animes, Sonic X could be so much better T_T
Mar 23, 2010 8:28 AM

Mar 2008
I sure hope that 4Kids licenses Element Hunters, the new yu-gi-oh crossover movie, the rest of yu-gi-oh GX, the original yu-gi-oh series (Season 0), and finish off any unfinished dubs of anime they did.

I'd rather have FUNimation license Fairy Tail then 4Kids, at least FUNi would make it uncut and unedited, not to mention the english dub VAs would be better than what 4Kids has to offer.

My Anime List | My Video Game Collection

Discord ID: KidRyan89 | Telegram ID: KidRyan
Mar 23, 2010 8:44 AM

Jan 2009
good. i though funi was enough for us
Mar 23, 2010 9:29 AM

May 2008
AidanAK47 said:

For one they actually took out an entire scene from Yu-gi-oh just because it had Joey punching Yami. They chop out any bits of story that seem too "risky" to put in. It's ridiculous. The only thing I ever approved of their edits was the name changes. Joey, Tristan and Tea just sound better.

Yeah! And don't forget the invisible gun that Pegasus's men pointed at Kaiba 8D Or the invisible one Keith pointed at Pegasus. "MY FINGER OF DOOM WILL SHOOT YOU IN THE HEAD."

...LittleKuriboh did such a good job at making fun of that fact.

I can really see Shugo Chara getting targeted, and if so, probably only the first season, unless they're actually serious about dubbing anime this time.

Wait, 4Kids is never serious about anime dubbing. What was I thinking.

We're all fucked.

Baby_Naruto said:

I'd rather have FUNimation license Fairy Tail then 4Kids, at least FUNi would make it uncut and unedited, not to mention the english dub VAs would be better than what 4Kids has to offer.

I can see Viz grabbing Fairy Tail before Funi tbh. And if 4Kids got a hold of it, well, we can assume it would end up like One Piece when they had it.

....and Funi took it. What do you know.

There were only a few shows that 4Kids had that I really liked. YGO...and POKEMON. What I wouldn't give to make it so Pokemon was back in their possession...then we'd have our awesome intros back that are actually LONGER THAN 20 SECONDS AND NOT SUNG BY GIRLS.
Oh, and actually sound GOOD again. As in, something you can dance to. Pokemon USA= FAIL.
StarPebblitMar 23, 2010 9:37 AM

Mar 23, 2010 9:57 AM
Aug 2009
LinaInverseLover said:
hopefully they will get shows suited for them..like card game anime that haven't been subbed by anyone would be perfect ^^..anything else is a bit more of a stretch. Shugo Chara may be able to work depending..

examples:
Live on Cardliver Kakeru
Bakegyamon
Battle Spirits: Shounen Toppa Version

If 4Kids gets the license to Shugo Chara, my sister will die since they are going to ruin it
I say that Shugo Chara should go to Funimation :]
Mar 23, 2010 12:06 PM
May 2009
u guys shouldnt blame 4kids,
u should blame american society for being so convervative lol
cut3Mar 24, 2010 6:45 AM
Mar 23, 2010 12:54 PM

Nov 2008
Raypture said:
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2010-03-22/4kids-adds-toei-tai-chi-chasers-fantasy-tv-anime

They call it popular but I've never heard of it

Oh, god. What are they rui--- oh, it's generic shonen shit. Sure, go ahead.
Mar 23, 2010 1:08 PM

Sep 2008
ILPPendant said:

Uh actually their edits have nothing to do with American censor laws, it's just them being stupid and making ridiculous edits in attempt to make it overly kid friendly, Also Japan isn't much different in respects to censoring then America either. Japan has been on a moral censorship crusade for the last 10 years. Your lucky if you get to see panties anymore.
It doesn't think, it doesn't feel, it doesn't laugh or cry..... All it does from dusk till dawn is make the soldiers die.
Mar 23, 2010 1:33 PM

Jun 2008
Ugh, bad news bad news. What's the point, there just going to be getting the same style of anime they've been getting. More card battle monster games.
Mar 23, 2010 1:49 PM

Apr 2009
NikuiKira12 said:
_Me_ said:
FUCK, FUCK, FUCK, FUCK!!!
Best leave it to the pros

Mar 23, 2010 1:51 PM

Apr 2009
Wait, if they licenses DMC. Oh that would be pure carnage O_O
Mar 23, 2010 2:30 PM

Aug 2008
hahaha dropped 37% of incomes!
but that's a bad news! animes will be licensed ><
Mar 23, 2010 2:46 PM

Mar 2010
i blacklisted anything dubbed by 4kids a long time ago.
Mar 23, 2010 5:18 PM

Nov 2007
Friendlysoul said:
Metroid_Ex said:

Mar 23, 2010 5:44 PM

Oct 2008
desolato said:
Hypeathon said:

So, do you?

UH YES?!!! *laughes* I kinda posted it a couple of pages ago dude! For the record, I don't mean to come off as a pompous ass, but so many people have gone instant nerdrage, that I don't think anyone bothered to check what was the name of the show they acquired!
hypeathon said:
I seriously need to ask all of the people screaming like vicious, locked-up pussies over this announcement. Do any of you even know the title that 4Kids acquired?

I'll give you a hint... nobody has even heard of or talked about this show!
Mar 23, 2010 6:24 PM

Oct 2008
If its going to be this Taichi Senjimon thing I'll be happy, but just don't touch One Piece or something like this. Funi are enough already with the stupid dubs

Conflict between men will be impossible, only when mankind is reduced to one person or less.
Mar 23, 2010 6:57 PM

Oct 2008
soregashi said:
If its going to be this Taichi Senjimon thing I'll be happy, but just don't touch One Piece or something like this. Funi are enough already with the stupid dubs

Just so you know, I would like to share my brief response to your personal opinion about Funimation.

That is all.
Mar 23, 2010 9:45 PM

Aug 2009
I don't see what the big deal is. Even if they did get some popular titles that people actually cared about, it's not like you'd have to watch it or the Japanese version would be phased out of existence.
Ha-cha!
Mar 23, 2010 9:58 PM

Jul 2009
sugoi