Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Mar 22, 2010 4:07 PM
Nov 2008
Maybe I was too harsh with that. What I mean is that they obviously wanted the viewers to feel touched lots of times whereas I just rolled my eyes. It failed to deliver what it wanted (at least I didn't get their package). Prime example is when Kanata plays Amazing Grace and the soilders just stop in awe. Yeah sure. I don't think soldiers 10 seconds away from a kill-or-be-killed hugeass battle are in the mindset to stop dead in their tracks and enjoy some trumpet solo. That's just an assumption though.
Mar 22, 2010 4:13 PM

Jun 2009
Malestel said:
Yeah sure. I don't think soldiers 10 seconds away from a kill-or-be-killed hugeass battle are in the mindset to stop dead in their tracks and enjoy some trumpet solo. That's just an assumption though.

lol... It's not an assumption, it's a fact…If they put some special powers in the show it might have been believable, but this way it’s just silly.
The spring I met you,

The spring without you.
Mar 22, 2010 4:17 PM

Jun 2009
Malestel said:
Maybe I was too harsh with that. What I mean is that they obviously wanted the viewers to feel touched lots of times whereas I just rolled my eyes. It failed to deliver what it wanted (at least I didn't get their package). Prime example is when Kanata plays Amazing Grace and the soilders just stop in awe. Yeah sure. I don't think soldiers 10 seconds away from a kill-or-be-killed hugeass battle are in the mindset to stop dead in their tracks and enjoy some trumpet solo. That's just an assumption though.

Yeah, I know what you mean, and I agree with you.

It aimed too high, and in the end it failed hard. It would be much better if they continued with a simple slice of life in unique setting (like it was in the first couple of episodes), or if they actually managed to build up on the drama and made the last episode the right way, instead of sudden heroic and corny action with simplified plot, and predictable plot twists.
Mar 22, 2010 5:16 PM

Jul 2008
Was Aisha a boy or girl?
Mar 22, 2010 5:21 PM

Nov 2008
GarLogan78 said:
Was Aisha a boy or girl?

Does this help solve the mystery?
Mar 22, 2010 6:08 PM

Feb 2008
well with an ending like that, i gave it a five. that is all i can really say about this one.
Mar 22, 2010 6:25 PM

Aug 2009
Wonderful episode, was really hoping for some bloodshed. But I guess that works, too.
Mar 22, 2010 7:16 PM

Mar 2009
If this were a stand alone episode, it would get 11/10. And, It was a very nice/epic ending!

But everything leading up to this doesn't really add up to and ending this big.

How do you go from episodes about glass dolphins and loli tsundere's fan-girling over a poser harem-con...to epic Tankantula escapes and mid-battle war negotiations?!?!?!

Don't get me wrong it was a good series, but it just didn't seem to flow very well.
It's almost like they took 2 dojinshis of the original series and mashed them together to form this anime :P;;;;

Overall I gave it a 7/10. And I may change that after I watch the OVAs.

Urahara Out!!
Mar 22, 2010 7:27 PM

Dec 2007
RinM said:
Malestel said:
Yeah sure. I don't think soldiers 10 seconds away from a kill-or-be-killed hugeass battle are in the mindset to stop dead in their tracks and enjoy some trumpet solo. That's just an assumption though.

lol... It's not an assumption, it's a fact…If they put some special powers in the show it might have been believable, but this way it’s just silly.

You'd be surprised by how wrong you are. The trumpet was only a distraction. It wasn't what stopped the soldiers from killing eachother. Their own desire to not be apart in another war was what stopped them. My grandfather used to tell me stories about WWII and how the only times his group would attack a German group on contact was if they had an officer with them. Otherwise the two groups just pretended they never saw eachother.

You have to remember who is fighting these wars. Young men mostly (though obviously young women as well in SnW). The only people who want war are the radical military leaders (not all, just the radical ones). Notice that they're usually not on the front lines dying either. Fact of the matter is, no matter how cool war looks for our entertainment, the majority of those involved do not want to be there, particularly if it's a senseless and pointless war such as the one barely averted between Helvetica and the Roman Empire.

Anyway, I'm also glad that Rio ended up showing up in full force as her half-sister I'm sure did quite frequently, and I love how they melded the Roman and Helvetica lore into one and made it fit with the current situation (the wounded angel being Aisha, etc). That said, this anime could have really used one more episode, and I blame it on them wasting an entire episode on laughing how Kanata can't use the bathroom cause she's loyal to her task of answering the phone. The only ones who enjoyed that episode I have to think are those with a urine fetish.

The series gets a 7/10 overall, but considering it was at 5/10 after the pee fetish episode, that's a large improvement over the final episodes.
Mar 22, 2010 7:29 PM

Apr 2009
I enjoyed the last episode, there were quite a few eye-roll moments but the Colonel screwing with Noel managed to keep the emotion in the episode.

I'm going to agree with 7/10. 6 is to harsh and 8 is to generous.
Mar 22, 2010 7:39 PM

Jun 2009
Meddigo said:
The series gets a 7/10 overall, but considering it was at 5/10 after the pee fetish episode, that's a large improvement over the final episodes.

What is wrong with a pee fetish?
joking ofc
Mar 22, 2010 7:43 PM

Dec 2007
-Hei- said:
Meddigo said:

joking ofc

It belongs in hentai or ecchi and not in my slice-of-life shows.
Mar 22, 2010 7:46 PM

Nov 2008
^ I didn't think it was a "pee fetish" in the first place. I thought it was just a sexually suggestive scene.
Mar 22, 2010 8:01 PM

Jun 2007
MrHatandClogs said:
If this were a stand alone episode, it would get 11/10. And, It was a very nice/epic ending!

But everything leading up to this doesn't really add up to and ending this big.

How do you go from episodes about glass dolphins and loli tsundere's fan-girling over a poser harem-con...to epic Tankantula escapes and mid-battle war negotiations?!?!?!

Don't get me wrong it was a good series, but it just didn't seem to flow very well.
It's almost like they took 2 dojinshis of the original series and mashed them together to form this anime :P;;;;

Overall I gave it a 7/10. And I may change that after I watch the OVAs.

Urahara Out!!

I agree. They focused too much on the slice of life random parts at the beginning and less about the tension that both sides really felt. What I found weird was the ancient technology that was supposed to protect the village didn't even play a role in the ending. I'm referring to the huge box devices that they went to inspect in one episode and in the episode before this one they turned red. I was hoping to see them do SOMETHING lol.

The ending episode was epic though.
Mar 22, 2010 9:01 PM

Jul 2009
the plot did not flow
it started out as a slice of life and then move on to war drama then back to slice of life and then an action/drama ending. because of failure to flow with the plot i give it a 6/10.
kg-san said:

Asu you're still a fragile flower... But its ok cause you're a beautiful flower!

花火花火花火 :D:D:D
Mar 22, 2010 10:39 PM

Oct 2009
First part was drama and second part was miracle/action. In between the key information for me was the legend about the Angel....how it got around the town......the fire maidens helping it (I assume it was bigger since many of the fire maidens had to help it in order to stop the bleeding). Personally Hopkins really reminds me of Himmler as a ruthless Nazi officer who just wants war as means to a end of the human revolution itself (does not work at all with me and as a farmer I don't agree with him at all due to the fact that you do not sacrifice in order to achieve perfections) you instead embrace all and evolve them from what is possible even if it's slow. Noel was quite shocked at all this and broke down until Aisha forgives her...that put up her spirits Hopkins was clever enough to escape with boot knife=>
Filicia was crazy enough to try kill Hopkins and would have risked execution should the war have started=>
When I saw Claus with the motorcycle I knew Rio was around. I figured out also that Kanata does have a good hearing but the tears/drama.....damn Kureha....Start up of the tank=>

Second part's best with the Takemikazuchi=>
rest=>
was impressive but unfortunate it did not use its missiles nor other features....though it was ridiculous that it go pounded yet still stood up and did minimal counter attacks. At least it proved to impress Hopkins, it's fast/versatile,has a 2 cannon armament and obviously out of the other's league armor. At least "Amazing Grace"=>

saved it all and bought enough time for Rio to arrive and stopping the war like I predicted since it was that or full war...unfortunately she sacrificed her freedom in being the fiancee of the Emperor....I smell so anger of Rio fans since the Emperor is not to be trusted...(I don't). Well in the end Rio came back to spend some time with everyone as a special wish from the Emperor.....well it was all a happy ending. And so I leave people a nice GIF collection I made for this last episode.....more than usual but it's last episode so last effort for this series. Last translation..this means=>
As much as Emperor of the Romain Empire and Prince of the Helvetia's Republic. I declare that peace has been established between these 2 nations. Drama of Kureha and Noel..Noel's was very touching and Kureha's was pitiful but still sad=>
Aisha as the angel? Why?=>
This was fun...victory cry of all+ Rio in her royal gown
=>
Noel's break and a little something that happens at the end=>
That's pretty much what I had to say and now replies.....

In spoiler my anime list for now.
Mar 22, 2010 10:40 PM

Jul 2008
I agree that the plot did not flow. I could never tell what this anime was. Slice of life, military, music? It should have picked one genre and stuck with it. I felt it tried and failed to pull itself in too many different directions. I also felt the legend should have been expanded upon more, and that we should have seen Kanata improving at the trumpet more as well. When she was playing amazing grace, I was like "when did she get so good?"

7/10 from me. The animation was great, I liked the music that was there, and I was always entertained. I just think they should have decided on what the show wanted to be and stuck with it.

~~~

Maximatum99 said:
GarLogan78 said:
Was Aisha a boy or girl?

Yeah thanks lol. I could have sworn the subs I watched for this episode referred to Aisha as a 'he'. Oh well.
Mar 22, 2010 10:48 PM

Nov 2008
GarLogan78 said:
Maximatum99 said:
GarLogan78 said:
Was Aisha a boy or girl?

Yeah thanks lol. I could have sworn the subs I watched for this episode referred to Aisha as a 'he'. Oh well.
You got to admit, that's some nice man boobs.
Mar 22, 2010 10:59 PM

Oct 2009
Maximatum99 said:
This episode was just epic. The drama! The conflict! The rebellion of their own forces to save their nation!

Rebellion? Only the towns people did a good one....one of Filicia was pathetic and dangerous but a good effort.
Maximatum99 said:
In all seriousness, this felt "overplayed" in the music department without evoking a real meaning in drama for me. Didn't feel like much of a struggle throughout the series for this last episode to have critically worked out.

I think for Kanata it was a good display to just show her hearing ability....
Maximatum99 said:
Sure, the story fits about Rio and other things but what about the "Angel"? How convenient it symbolizes their group's effort and story to save many lives. I guess that golden skeleton was just for show.

No...not at all it was well shown of the legend and misconception of it...if anything Helvetia got it wrong seeing it as a demon.
Maximatum99 said:
Poorly done symbolic concepts, almost wasteful character development, half-assed story. Series-7/10.
At least the scenery was good.....8/10 for me I would say.
garfield15 said:
Well it's over.

-I guess the idea of an S2 pretty much flew away with that ending since everything was just about wrapped up. To be honest, I am a tiny bit underwhelmed since I was thinking that spider gundam would do a little more than just show up for five minutes (speaking of which, that was so cool when it was crawling walls).

Yeah it was nice its crawl but I think the best was it's cannon firing..it was good. S2? They could still make it on the basis Rio dies due to her being only half blood in royalty since her mom was not a royal.
garfield15 said:
I am however glad that it was not simply music that saved the day since as soon as Kanata started playing Amazing Grace (which made me groan a little) I was sure they would immediately stop fighting but having Rio officially end it put a much better taste in my mouth

Yes but you got to admit that with the light and all it is almost as though a angel was descending which would make things nicer if they did that somehow IMOP.
garfield15 said:
-As a series on the whole, SoRaNoWoTo really doesn't make a gigantic impact. The story is small and tinier than the world that we're introduced to. I really wanted to know about the world itself more than the characters a few times.

Really? I though the story itself was good minus the fan service and cute moments....I do wish they would tell more about the characters like their background.
garfield15 said:
That being said, if I really did dislike it, I could have dropped it at any time so there was something keeping me watching each week besides just simply updating my episode count.

Must be the spider Gundam.
garfield15 said:
Probably the fact that I rather enjoy the slow slice-of-life shows and that this really was not the K-ON military anime that it was played up to be. It wasn't groundbreaking but it didn't need to be. It was a nice treat each week. Is that bad?

I would think it was good they combined cute with military and some drama with blood in it.....was it innovative you think?
garfield15 said:
No, I don't think so. As long as I'm enjoying it and watching it, I'm having a good time. So I'll give the series 8/10. It would not be an absolute favorite but I would definitely recommend it (I'd just make sure to say skip the episode that starts with Kanata in a dress)

You talking about that pee episode....rofl. Yeah same score as you.
garfield15 said:
-Also this is a personal preference but I always like shows that have music as a focus.
Well I did not know about that....care to recommend to your friend about that?
garfield15 said:
Maximatum99 said:
garfield15 said:
I guess the idea of an S2 pretty much flew away with that ending since everything was just about wrapped up.
Yeah, it would have been pretty sweet as to jump from Kanata's ignorant reality to a war-torn story, with the song to be used as a final attempt before more would have been lost in massive bloodshed.

That would be horribly hilarious.

*Kanata finishes playing. Everyone stares at her.*
"What the hell was that?'
"I dunno. LET'S KEEP GOING!"
"YEAH KILL THEM ALL!"
Rofl that would be crazy! I think it would have been better if Takemikazuchi has those missiles and no one knew they had the new Bio Weapon....all get wiped out in one shot! S2 starts from there.
RinM said:
I liked the first part of the episode beater...And was a bit discussed when amazing grace started playing....Thankfully it ultimately wasn't what stopped the war...

The song is great.....if you have family that was in WW2 you know would know the song's greatness.
RinM said:
I found Rio in a dress combined with that manly voice hilarious:D

I though she was gorgeous more than anything else.
RinM said:
Btw. the spider tank is made of pure awesome ...wish I had one of those :D

Yeah that weapon is insane..Vector Zero type!
RinM said:
I'll give this show 8/10 as well, it's a shame though. It could have been so much beater.
Rofl same score also now 2 people give it that.
desolato said:
For a moment I thought about rating this an 8, especially when Kanata played that song.. I actually felt I gained hopeI should re-phrase that, I actually felt a feeling of my body filling with hope, but than the actual ending made me re-think that decision.
I was like that too all the way but the ending did not affect me like that desolato....I still had that feeling of hope but also happiness....only hope that dies out was a S2.
desolato said:
I'm not sure what to think of this show. None of the initial promises made were delivered. But perhaps it was only there just to create the 'hype'. They must have planned everything out from the start, of course. Perhaps they tried to 'outsmart' us, presenting it in a cute package, while showing how time and life is transient, to take nothing for granted..

Yes the cute aspect deceived a lot especially when Filicia's flashback came suddenly...I mean war? Blood? Suddenly....only deceivement was that it was a flashback.
desolato said:
but in the end, what were they really trying to tell us? (Perhaps I would have liked it better if they all perished in the fight, it even looked like that for a moment.. not because I dislike the characters, but now that would have been a statement.)

Well....desolato I got good morals and feelings from this so I got something out of it like cherish what you have and do not give up.
desolato said:
Again, I'm not satisfied with the ending. It leaves some room for a second season, but it's probably not something everyone is looking forward to. I just wished they had fleshed out the (back)stories just thát bit more, now we're just left with an empty feeling.

7/10?
Yeah well, desolato there was a empty feeling but also there should be a happy feeling that war was stopped with all that is going on IRL.....I think it's good that way for this show.
RinM said:
Malestel said:

There were....God almighty!
-Hei- said:
Meddigo said:

joking ofc
I mentioned it was not some anime I am seeing called Fight Ippatsu Juuden-chan...that anime is full of pee stuff.
DeathfireD said:
What I found weird was the ancient technology that was supposed to protect the village didn't even play a role in the ending. I'm referring to the huge box devices that they went to inspect in one episode and in the episode before this one they turned red. I was hoping to see them do SOMETHING lol.The ending episode was epic though.
The box did give some information as to how and what exactly is not clear but clearly it gave enough for Rio to make a plan based on it.....guess it was a no choice to being the fiancee of the Emperor....just worried he might discard her eventually since he had 3 wives already.
francismeunierMar 22, 2010 11:06 PM

Mar 22, 2010 11:09 PM

Sep 2007
What the fuck is this? Macross F? MUSIC TO THE RESCUE OH BAH GAWD.

Just terrible. I was debating over a 6 or 7 in the beginning of the episode when they took the colonel hostage. Then was definitely going to give it a 7 if they all died in the spider tank. Then fucking facepalmed when Kanata came out. Then saw the future and knew Rio was there to intervene. Then just shook my head and set it at 6/10.

This show is a prime example of how excellent production values don't always make an anime good. Bullshit for half the series and overly dramatic and forced afterwards. What poor execution this was. And judging from the ending, I doubt there will be a second season. It definitely does not deserve one.
Mar 22, 2010 11:33 PM

Oct 2008
That was actually a really decent conclusion to the series. It really did mature as it progressed.
Mar 22, 2010 11:54 PM

Aug 2009
This was very predictable ending. I predicted Rio coming out again. I predicted they will somewhat blow that godamn trumpet again. I expected all those spider tanks will rush over. I predicted that no-one will die but ends with happy ever after. Everything went exactly as I thought, so it might be a good thing.

The problem is, no it isn't. From the start, Rio disappearance was extremely bad move; her coming back was very lame. This series is covered by unintelligent, senseless, and again, unintelligent masks of war drama and trying to hide the aspect of its industrial purposes, ends up being extremely ambiguous genre whoring shit.

4/10
ringoo4Mar 23, 2010 12:12 AM
Mar 23, 2010 12:39 AM

Feb 2010
I agree with ringoo4, but what I did not predicted that Rio was part of the royal family.

There was another problem, they didn't bring Aisha to the romans and went ahead with the ending. I had thought that Aisha stayed with the 1121 Platoon instead of returning to the Romans. Also Rio's returning back to the 1121 Platoon was unexpected because she was the Roman Emperor's fiancee and all. Above all, I enjoyed this anime but it had some flaws in the final episode.

9/10
Mar 23, 2010 12:54 AM

Oct 2009
Timare said:
I agree with ringoo4, but what I did not predicted that Rio was part of the royal family.
How did she ever pull off the "Accept me" as part of the Royalty....I smell plot from the Emperor once he finds out she is only half.

Mar 23, 2010 1:26 AM

Feb 2008
Now this was a very good episode! I really wish that some of the earlier episodes were nearly as good as these last two were.
Going to give this show a 7/10.
Mar 23, 2010 2:20 AM

Nov 2008
WHERE THE FUCK IS MY BLOODBATH EPISODE?

Anyways, that was pretty good. I had a giant FUCK-YEAR moment with the giant spider tank, but was kinda pissed at some of the cliche parts.

Thought this was going to go up to 9.0 by the end, but it stayed at a solid 8 for me.

Good series. I have a feeling that it'll be forgotten by most people and then recognized as something decent to watch in hindsight by a few.
Mar 23, 2010 2:34 AM

Jun 2009
francismeunier said:
The song is great.....if you have family that was in WW2 you know would know the song's greatness.

I do have a grandfather who was in WW2 and he newer said anything about Amazing grace...He did say about "we are a squad of bombers" lol
Well maybe if you are American o British I can understand but in Eastern Europe we had are own songs. For example “There, far away”.

Sorry to the others I didn't reply... Just to lazy
The spring I met you,

The spring without you.
Mar 23, 2010 2:48 AM

Oct 2009
RinM said:
francismeunier said:

I do have a grandfather who was in WW2 and he newer said anything about Amazing grace...He did say about "we are a squad of bombers" lol
Well maybe if you are American o British I can understand but in Eastern Europe we had are own songs. For example “There, far away”.

It's ok but that was my point.....learning to appreciate the songs of WW2 people.....in the end this would be a more personal opinion but I personally got stories of Amazing Grace although some of it was changed with added French Words.....it helped lots of people in WW2 as most did not have anything to play music other than their mouths/instruments.....the harmonica was also popular....heard tales about them?

Mar 23, 2010 3:08 AM

Jun 2009
francismeunier said:
RinM said:
francismeunier said:

It's ok but that was my point.....learning to appreciate the songs of WW2 people.....in the end this would be a more personal opinion but I personally got stories of Amazing Grace although some of it was changed with added French Words.....it helped lots of people in WW2 as most did not have anything to play music other than their mouths/instruments.....the harmonica was also popular....heard tales about them?

Oh I do appreciate them it's just I don't believe that a song could just stop 1000 soldiers just like that. I also wander if besides all the noise the tanks and the people were making, a trumpet could be heard at all. I know that instruments can be really loud to the point of shaking your bones but still...I somehow doubt it.
The spring I met you,

The spring without you.
Mar 23, 2010 3:27 AM

Oct 2008
Theese are hard times especially for Japan, with worldwide recession and all.
During such times people usually don't want more despair, they want hope.
This anime set in a post-apocalyptic and dying world in the end provided such hope, although maybe in a sort of rushed and cheesy way.

Maybe they prepared several endings and decided that this one would have satisfied the majority of viewers.
Mar 23, 2010 3:57 AM

Aug 2009
hazelnutman said:
WHERE THE FUCK IS MY BLOODBATH EPISODE?

No kidding, the whole series felt like it was building up to something epic and the previous ep especially set a tone that this ep started off following really well, but totally fucked up when it came to the actual conflict. When Kanata started playing Amazing Grace I paused the video and asked aloud "are you fucking kidding me?"

Rio being the definitive stopper of the conflict at least made that bearable, but Rio re-joining at the end... oh god, when the bike came up I thought "oh lol, this is Rio" but then I thought "no, this isn't, this show wouldn't do that" and then it was Rio. ARRRGGG.

I still gave it a 9. Even if the payoff was totally wasted potential the build up was enjoyable and I definitely really enjoyed those first 11 eps. I'm just pissed off that this is what became of all that. Fuck.
Mar 23, 2010 4:56 AM

Sep 2008
Oh, there's Rio.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 23, 2010 4:59 AM

Oct 2008
This episode is really good. I can't say it's epic, but it's still good. Somehow the development of this epi suits the whole series' speed very well, not too fierce, but not too calm. Since the very start this show seemed to be slow to me, so i guess this kind of ending is quite reasonable. 7/10, and season 2 is unneeded.
Mar 23, 2010 4:59 AM

Oct 2009
RinM said:
francismeunier said:
RinM said:
francismeunier said:

Oh I do appreciate them it's just I don't believe that a song could just stop 1000 soldiers just like that. I also wander if besides all the noise the tanks and the people were making, a trumpet could be heard at all. I know that instruments can be really loud to the point of shaking your bones but still...I somehow doubt it.

Oh I agree with you and that's why I suspect us to assume God/Angel came around with that sudden light and amplified the sound......think of supernatural meets sound and amplifies it in the minds of all the soldiers.....but of course that is all to assume since none was shown only told about between Yumina/Aisha in their religious talks.

Mar 23, 2010 6:18 AM

Jul 2009
I have to say, I was expecting a lot more from this anime, but that last episode is just... f****** great!! The moe-crap and the useless stuff dissapeared to give us, somehow, an action-pack episode.

BTW: The Takemikazuchi is the greatest tank EVAR!!! It kicks asses so much!!
Mar 23, 2010 6:41 AM

Oct 2008
Nice tank :D

Mar 23, 2010 7:00 AM

Aug 2008
Meh, Haibane Remnei did this all 10 times better. I was sorta hoping for a bloodbath ending but that was always unlikely. Still, I enjoyed the series for the most part, especially episode 7.

7/10
The Cart Driver <-- My awesome anime blog
Mar 23, 2010 7:22 AM

Apr 2009
Haylias said:
I'm going to agree with 7/10. 6 is to harsh and 8 is to generous.

I agree with that score as well.

It would have been much lower if not for episodes 10 and 11, but could have been higher if the ending had been better.
Mar 23, 2010 7:48 AM
Jun 2008
This series really keep up to my expectation.No one die in the making of this anime ^^
Mar 23, 2010 7:52 AM

Sep 2007
Timare said:
Also Rio's returning back to the 1121 Platoon was unexpected because she was the Roman Emperor's fiancee and all.

I was also surprise on that one, I though Rio is going to pay visit at the 1121 Platoon.

The plot is kinda screwed up, you don't know if it's drama, war, or what. It stuck for me. First half was drama, I feel so pity for them especially for Kureha. DAMN Colonel, I wish I could punch him real hard from what his point of view about war. I do like the part where the people stop colonel's brigade from stopping the 1121 platoon. Reminds me of People Power (a little).

I could not understand about the legend and the flame maidens, as if they need more to emphasize that part to be able to understand.

GUNADAM Spider, good CG and animation. I could feel that I'm watching Gundam or what.

Second part was about war.Thrill over my body, I though they would be dead if they do a reckless move. Stopping between two opposite forces. Especially Kanata when she foolhardy go out and did Amazing Grace, man seriously my hair over my body are standing and my body get electrocuted. What I've been also surprise was when Rio suddenly appeared wearing Royal Dress! (WTF! She sell her FREEDOM to the Emperor) I would not ACCEPT that one.

Overall, we would not be expecting for second season for this. Maybe specials may quite enough.

I give the last episode 5 of 5. And for the series 8 out of 10
magnumMar 23, 2010 7:55 AM
Mar 23, 2010 7:55 AM
Aug 2007
garfield15 said:
Maximatum99 said:
garfield15 said:
I guess the idea of an S2 pretty much flew away with that ending since everything was just about wrapped up.
Yeah, it would have been pretty sweet as to jump from Kanata's ignorant reality to a war-torn story, with the song to be used as a final attempt before more would have been lost in massive bloodshed.

That would be horribly hilarious.

*Kanata finishes playing. Everyone stares at her.*
"What the hell was that?'
"I dunno. LET'S KEEP GOING!"
"YEAH KILL THEM ALL!"

They would probably do that if Rio hadn't stepped in.
Mar 23, 2010 7:56 AM

Oct 2009
magnum said:
Timare said:
Also Rio's returning back to the 1121 Platoon was unexpected because she was the Roman Emperor's fiancee and all.

I was also surprise on that one, I though Rio is going to pay visit at the 1121 Platoon.
She did only pay a visit to it and spend time with them.....Emperor granted her a wish.
magnum said:
What I've been also surprise was when Rio suddenly appeared wearing Royal Dress! (WTF! She sell her FREEDOM to the Emperor) I would not ACCEPT that one.
I am with you on that one but it had to be done for the whole war thing.....bet it was some deal done in all this. Rofl.....we gave it same score!

Mar 23, 2010 7:57 AM

Dec 2008
lol @ this episode.
the drama,the battle and the sadistic general felt totally unfitting for this show
It was moe comedy from the start and it ended as moe comedy

ringoo4 said:
This was very predictable ending. I predicted Rio coming out again. I predicted they will somewhat blow that godamn trumpet again. I expected all those spider tanks will rush over. I predicted that no-one will die but ends with happy ever after. Everything went exactly as I thought, so it might be a good thing.

The problem is, no it isn't. From the start, Rio disappearance was extremely bad move; her coming back was very lame. This series is covered by unintelligent, senseless, and again, unintelligent masks of war drama and trying to hide the aspect of its industrial purposes

I totally agree with you, in your post you have summed up what I disliked about this show,the drama part didn't worked out well
but actually the score I'll give is a lot higher .

The episodes 1-9 had a nice humor and a lot of different and entertaining settings
10,11,12 were the episodes I liked less.
what I really liked about this show was the great BGM and the animation quality of the environment.

7/10
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 23, 2010 8:02 AM

May 2008
Meh....sort of glad it's over. I gave it a 7/10. Didn't hate it, but didn't really like it either. It was alright...nothing new. The ending was sort of cliched in its own happy go lucky way :/

Only shocked about Rio tbh. But whatever. It's done.

Mar 23, 2010 8:15 AM

Feb 2009
second season. now. with more noel.

maikun said:

a new internet meme is born. go takemikazuchi! http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=20109
ninryuMar 23, 2010 8:22 AM
Mar 23, 2010 8:57 AM

Feb 2009
Spider Gundam FTW!!

Good episode.I still find it weird that they have those spider tanks but they use trumpets to signal attacks and retreats. But it was very amusing at how everyone listened at Kanata playing. I was hoping that she would get shot after she played but no dice XD... Peace talks now over thanks to Rio. Back to normal in the platoon.

Overall, not bad but not very good. Didn't stand out much besides the moe and Amazing Grace. 8/10
Mar 23, 2010 8:59 AM

Dec 2008
ninryu said:
second season. now. with more noel.

maikun said:

a new internet meme is born. go takemikazuchi! http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=20109

joined ; D
Mar 23, 2010 9:38 AM

Sep 2007
Why are people actually shocked at Rio coming back as the princess? It's like... the most cliched plot device. Did people really think that Rio just ran off to go on a soul searching journey to find herself or something? The episode where she left pretty much gave it away that she was going back to the royal family to lend her assistance in any way necessary.
Mar 23, 2010 9:40 AM

Aug 2009
I don't know, this anime should've been better if it focused on only one thing. I just hate ambiguity. It tries to be moemoe, but at the same time, wants emotional war dramatica. They just... don't match. Viewers will never be focused on mood if sudden random boob grab kind of thing comes up during the emergency. It is just pain to watch.

Beside, this last episode was not good, because it was practically only one episode behind that all these 'War' thing actually broke out. For the past 9 wasted episodes, there was only a glimpse of war, but never actually made the mood or atmosphere looks like war; focusing more on slice of life aspect. There was some serious lack of development in this episode, everything sounded absurd and made less sense than anything. I can't do anything but laughing when town's people are screaming 'OMG WE DON'T WANT FREAKIN WAR GO AWAY!!!', or Rio come back and saying some cliched things. I mean, it's not supposed to be fun I know, but it's just... too hilarious and so out of anything.

I personally hate that tank. It is so out of circumstance. Trumpet communication + Past era spider tank fanciness = ???

This anime is... not that different from the failure of K-On for me...
Mar 23, 2010 9:47 AM

Nov 2008
ringoo4 said:
I personally hate that tank.
Would it make you feel any better if the tank looked like this?
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » So Ra No Wo To Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Nakei - Feb 1, 2010

118 by H_Molokov »»
Mar 28, 1:52 PM

Poll: » So Ra No Wo To Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Nakei - Jan 18, 2010

160 by H_Molokov »»
Mar 25, 10:15 PM

Poll: » So Ra No Wo To Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

kerlyenai - Feb 15, 2010

142 by James-LastOmnic »»
Jan 19, 9:11 AM

Poll: » So Ra No Wo To Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

francismeunier - Feb 22, 2010

140 by NECROMANCER_2003 »»
Jan 6, 2:27 AM

Poll: » So Ra No Wo To Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

SFB - Mar 15, 2010

219 by antoninus_v »»
Oct 30, 2023 6:31 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.