Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Mar 23, 2010 6:31 PM

Aug 2008
I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE this episode!!! And a new soundtrack song (when Naraku falls!) I like it so much!!...

A very good work YTV, Sunrise. This episode touched me. Really! (Thinking Inuyasha
I watch Inuyasha since 10 years? And finally next week everyone says: Good bye Inuyasha... "To tomorrow".

See ya!!
Mar 23, 2010 6:31 PM

Nov 2008
MapleRose said:

If Naraku's wish was to have Kikyou's heart, why did he try so hard to kill her? Strange logic he has >__>

I think that he killed her because he knew that she would not accept him as a demon. Also, she had fallen for Inuyasha. I think that he felt jealous and decided that if he could not have her, then no one would. There could be other interpretations, but this is mine.
Mar 24, 2010 3:27 PM

Sep 2008
Naraku is weak. =/
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 26, 2010 11:20 AM

Jun 2008
Naraku is a psycho. So, he thought, if he cant have Kikyo, nobody will have. She was the only one he loved, and the only one he feared.
Anyway...one ep left!

ワンダーランド花 ♥

Mar 27, 2010 8:38 PM

Feb 2009
Why is the Shikon Jewel more annoying than Naraku himself? I'm so anxious for the last episode!

Mar 28, 2010 3:16 AM

Dec 2008
Kya! After a Long wait for this series.
It finally coming to an end.

Add on to DarcyD,
Shikon Jewel was annoying because it wanted to live and be evil. Haha!
Mar 28, 2010 7:13 PM
Mar 2010
My GOD! I can't find episode 26 anywhere. WHAT DO I DO??
Mar 31, 2010 10:50 AM

Sep 2008
Yes, fantastic episooode~ I remember Naraku's death being like that in the manga too so it wasn't much of a shocker.

The anime has been really well done, overall. And I can't remember what Naraku's final wish was. To separate Kagome and Inuyasha? Argh. Can't remember... D<

So looking forward to the next episode, but not necessarily looking forward to it ending... Though I am in a way I guess. I actually first saw this series six years ago, and it was the first anime I ever watched... So yep. I will probably cry sometime during the last episode. :') Even though I know how the manga ends, maybe the anime will be different and deliver what we've all been waiting for?
Apr 4, 2010 2:07 PM

Jun 2008
Bye Naraku, nice defeat. Sheesh.

Anyway besides the fact that I'm still disappointed in the way this new season adapted the remainder of the chapters, I can't help but still feel so happy and sad. I loved Inuyasha and it's going to be quite an ending once this is all over, I can see myself crying tissues. Can't wait<3
Apr 5, 2010 11:07 PM

Nov 2009
The one thing this series was missing for a looong time was an ACTUAL kiss between Inuyasha and Kagome. Although kinda poorly executed, a kiss is a kiss nonetheless. After all, its only fair that Kagome gets at least one after Kikyo has gotten so many.
Apr 25, 2010 2:07 PM

Oct 2009
Naraku was finally defeated. This is quite unbelievable.
May 9, 2010 5:18 PM

Apr 2010
1 more episode for me! Kagome don't stray! >.<

Aug 5, 2010 9:52 PM

Jul 2007
naraku had an awesome dream, but bad guys don't get what they want.
wiiii finally naraku died! and miroku is healed kyaaa.
nooooo kagome can't come back and no one can't remember anything about inuyasha's time?! TT-TT.
note: what a cute school uniform ^^.
waaaaa what a big problem you made rumiko, you're awesome i hope it ends well TT-TT.
Nov 18, 2010 9:24 PM

Jul 2007
Naraku finally dead? or is he? lol
He went down a lot easier than i expected.

A plus for me in this episode was Toru Furuya voicing the shikon jewel lol

Well, looking forward to finally finishing this series.
Mar 29, 2014 8:14 PM

Jan 2011
A three episode running battle in which everyone is pushed to the limits is hardly going down easily. It's like a boss battle, it's not the final blow you strike, it's the endless smaller blows you strike before that wear them down and weaken their defenses. In the end it took the combined (and fully developed powers) of all the major combatants of the anti-Naraku forces to win out. (Although at one point I was expecting him to say: "And I would have gotten away with it too, if it wasn't for you interfering kids and your pet dog (demon)"....)

So the final enemy Kagome has to face is herself, her fears, and her lingering desires for a normal life...
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Apr 29, 2014 9:05 AM
Mar 2013
After all this time Naraku's true wish was to have Kikyo's heart. He fooled me, all this time I thought he wanted Kikyo dead.

But now I understand. What Naraku wants and what the sacred jewel wants are two different things. There are only 2 people in the world who can purify the sacred jewel. Kikyo and Kagome.

This whole time Naraku was bent on killing Kikyo wasn't entirely because of his desire but the desire of the sacred jewel. It wanted Kikyo out of the way because it was afraid Kikyo would try to purify it and destroy it like 50 years ago.

And now that Kikyo is gone the sacred jewel is turning it's attention to Kagome. Looks like we're not out of hot water just yet. But I must say the end of Naraku was not as epic as I expected it to be.
Feb 13, 2015 8:06 PM

Jun 2012
Kagome already knows what to wish for whys she hesitating? Just wish that the jewel disappears forever.
Apr 30, 2015 3:56 PM

Nov 2014
That was scary O_O I hope Kagome is able to get back to both eras...I'm sure she will though...It wouldn't be a very good ending if she wasn't. Naraku is finally gone, so that's good. =3
Apr 30, 2015 3:59 PM

Nov 2014
rodac said:
A three episode running battle in which everyone is pushed to the limits is hardly going down easily. It's like a boss battle, it's not the final blow you strike, it's the endless smaller blows you strike before that wear them down and weaken their defenses. In the end it took the combined (and fully developed powers) of all the major combatants of the anti-Naraku forces to win out. (Although at one point I was expecting him to say: "And I would have gotten away with it too, if it wasn't for you interfering kids and your pet dog (demon)"....)

That would have been funny xD
Aug 4, 2015 10:19 PM

Jul 2011
Wait, seriously this is the final "battle"/ enemy? Ehhh. Kagome's inner conflict, really? Disappointing.

Naraku got taken down pretty easily considering they've been chasing him around of 200 episodes. Like... everyone just attacked him with their ultimate move. That was a little lame... he didn't live up to it. For defeating the final villain they're all still fairly spunky and not dying. Inuyasha didn't even use all of his techniques, some of them were completely useless and not used in the final battle. :/

Why is the shikon jewel talking. OTL

Oh well. I guess it's just for the feels at this point... the series really is centered around Kagome in the end.
Jan 4, 2016 11:25 AM
Jan 2016
It was okay.

Mirorin said:
Wait, seriously this is the final "battle"/ enemy? Ehhh. Kagome's inner conflict, really? Disappointing.

Naraku got taken down pretty easily considering they've been chasing him around of 200 episodes. Like... everyone just attacked him with their ultimate move. That was a little lame... he didn't live up to it. For defeating the final villain they're all still fairly spunky and not dying. Inuyasha didn't even use all of his techniques, some of them were completely useless and not used in the final battle. :/

Why is the shikon jewel talking. OTL

Oh well. I guess it's just for the feels at this point... the series really is centered around Kagome in the end.

I disagreed with you in ep. 23, but I'm totally with you on this one. Naraku went out like a total chump, and are they trying to make me feel sorry for him? Get that shit outta here...what is this? Disney? Naraku feels like he was never a real threat--just skilled at running away. They completely DOMINATED him--it wasn't even a fair fight! At no point did I feel like he posed a serious threat...like, wtf, seriously!?! He just accepted his death and desperately made his way to the village he couldn't let go of, to die pathetically talking about: "the jewel made me its bitch...my parting is such lame stupidity...*dead*". Fuck that. And you're right, in the end, Inuyasha just spammed his medo zangetsuha as the other techniques apparently have fulfilled their roles. This was almost as lame as the Doom fight in last year's Fantastic Four.

TsundereHeart said:
Naraku finally dead.

And...this is the part where it gets weird with the Shikon Jewel. Tbh I don't think I ever understood how the Bone-Eater Well disappeared, why Kagome goes inside the Sacred Jewel by going inside a Meido, and why the people on the other side can hear into the Meido, even when I read the manga before

Hopefully there will be a full explanation in the last episode but my hopes aren't high.

Yep, none of it made any sense. An increasing trend of this "Final Act" as it moves towards its conclusion.

My BIGGEST annoyance, is that the first half of this episode is pretty much exactly the same thing that happened in episode 62: "Tsubaki's Unrelenting Spirit". Kagome, caught in an illusion where she never met Inuyasha: friends, Hojo, the arrow range--only difference is it's updated and she at first has no recollection at all about her adventures in the feudal era, whereas in ep 62, she believes it all to be a dream as she progressively forgets about it. So...that was lazy. And the rest of the episode is predictable; I've just finished the series, and I gotta say, I accurately called EVERYTHING involved in this final "battle of souls". Even the shit that made absolutely no sense.
AveryDullboyJan 4, 2016 11:32 AM
Feb 4, 2016 7:18 AM

Jan 2009
Naraku is dead. That's a weird thing to say.
May 3, 2016 10:04 PM
Apr 2016
Naraku was showing sadness.....at the all he wanted was Kikyou? That's pretty strange considering he tried to kill her for a majority of the series.
Fake_WilliamsMay 3, 2016 10:12 PM
Feb 11, 2018 4:21 PM

Sep 2011
Pff, Naraku was so weak even after everything, just as I expected :/
Apr 7, 2018 12:42 AM

May 2013
Finally he's dead

Aug 30, 2019 12:08 AM

Jul 2015
The end is near, Naruku has finally been defeated but it seems he had one last trick up his sleeve. Hopefully Kagome makes the correct wish instead a selfish wish to save herself.

Aug 3, 2020 4:31 PM

May 2020
That EP, was a serious business
Apr 8, 2021 1:52 PM

May 2016
192 episode and didn't get a single episode for Naraku's development.
Jun 29, 2021 11:12 PM

May 2019
Byakuya made Meido behind Kagome's back so when Naraku is dead, the Meido will appear and absorb her as well. He stay loyal to his master and serve his last task before he die. It takes almost everyone to wipe Naraku. So Naraku wish of wanting to have Kikyou. He stays true being evil the whole time ignoring his human side. That Kagome's dream in the jewel is really good. She must be the one that could make the right wish to destroy the jewel forever. One more to go. These last few episodes have been really good.
VivaceRexJun 29, 2021 11:19 PM

Nov 25, 2021 2:30 AM

Apr 2013
Not sure about the jewel being the final boss of this anime, but oh well. Just one more episode to go.
Jan 3, 2023 7:21 AM

Jan 2018
Even in death, Naraku manages to fuck everyone. Lmao that's why I love the guy. So Naraku wanted Kikyo's heart even though he rejected Onigumo and also denied it so much? What a tsundere. 

1 more episode. Wonder how Kagome will escape. 
Mar 14, 2023 8:20 PM

Feb 2020
IT'S ALMOST OVER.
This is the true test of the bond between the two.
gunk.
Oct 31, 2023 3:39 AM

Jun 2020
All of a sudden Naraku wanted Kikyo's heart? Despite rejecting Onigumo's influence and at one point trying to strip himself of anything having to do with him. Quite an interesting twist.

And now he has set up a final trial with Kagome. I think what Naraku was trying to do was to trap Kagome in the modern era and ensure that the Jewel continues to exist by manipulating her emotions to feed the darkness of the Jewel.

But all that aside, the next episode will be the last one. I am finally about to complete this series.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » InuYasha: Kanketsu-hen Episode 23 Discussion

ClementIV - Mar 8, 2010

40 by prozyne »»
Apr 18, 4:15 AM

Poll: » InuYasha: Kanketsu-hen Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

ClementIV - Oct 10, 2009

96 by prozyne »»
Mar 25, 5:30 AM

Poll: » InuYasha: Kanketsu-hen Episode 11 Discussion

tsubasalover - Dec 12, 2009

41 by GakutoDeathGlare »»
Jan 3, 3:25 AM

Poll: » InuYasha: Kanketsu-hen Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Chimasternmay - Nov 21, 2009

128 by GakutoDeathGlare »»
Jan 3, 1:49 AM

Poll: » InuYasha: Kanketsu-hen Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Oct 17, 2009

63 by GakutoDeathGlare »»
Jan 2, 9:21 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.