Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Sep 5, 2015 11:18 AM

Jul 2014
lmao Morita's reaction to the kiss xD
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 5, 2015 1:39 PM

Jul 2014
I love takemoto but hagu is better off with morita. Takemoto will find his own one day
Shirayuki= Most Perfect Female MC ever
Mar 9, 2016 1:46 PM
Dec 2014
Would actually be a compelling love triangle if Hagu didn't look literally 7 years old.
Nov 16, 2016 6:26 PM

Oct 2011
boledcool said:
The BGM truly extraordinary.

Smelling minors? Woi! That's a crime!

Morita went to America? Actually, what kind of work he's done?

From that day forth, Shinobu Morita became the character known as Akira Takizawa from Higashi no Eden. :P

Dec 31, 2016 7:47 PM

Jul 2015
Wait that was a kiss. WOAH. I didn't expect that. It looked like he put his forehead to hers. HOT DDAMN. Now I'm wondering why he wasn't interested when he went shopping with Hagu. Was he nervous?
? AHHHHH WHAT'S GOING IN YOUR HEAD MORITA. I WANTED TO KNOW THIS FROM TYHE BEGINNING OF THIS SERIES.

So Hagu and Moriyama feels the same way with each other... I feel sorry for Takemoto who I feel whos genuinely interested in her. Like man. SHINOBU. WHY U GOING TO LA FOR. U GOT HAGU IN THE BAG. If u like someone don't put money first... TSK TSK TSK. JUST BECAUSE UR MYSTERIOUS AND INTERESTING UR MAH FAVOURITE CHARACTER OF THE SHOW BUT MAN DON'T DISSAPOINT ME LIKE THISSSS.
Jan 15, 2017 3:13 AM

Jan 2013
Didn't expect Morita to leave, wonder what happens now
Apr 10, 2017 3:12 AM

Feb 2013
Fuck you Morita!
You kissed that angel and left like that, I hope the plane crashes and you disappear forever.
Mar 16, 2018 9:42 AM

May 2015
Nooo! THis show needs Morita!!! His room (and password challenge) was awesome. :D
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Apr 9, 2018 11:37 PM

Sep 2013
Ugh...I'd like this show a lot more if I wasn't grossed out by all these grown men drooling over someone who looks like a 9 year old.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Dec 20, 2018 1:47 PM

May 2016
Finally something happened I really feel bad for Takemoto :/
Aug 9, 2020 10:26 AM

Jun 2020
hagu looked so much more mature when she was laying in bed ill, why can't they draw her like that more often

anyway i would think that hagu's role in takemoto's narrative really isn't for her to start a romance with him, more so to help him realise things

i love takemoto T__________________T he is the perfect MC for me

and what was morita's room lmaoooooooo that was hilarious

the sound direction is AMAZING as always, loved the scene where takemoto rushed to the airport

aw takemoto the shiba inu uWu how apt - good-natured, loyal, selfless!

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

Sep 3, 2020 7:58 AM

Sep 2018
Morita going away to Los Angeles is an unexpected development, but a very welcome one. So long as they don't end up pulling a time skip or bait-and-switch, this hopefully means that the show's most annoying character won't be around for quite a while. His 'lolrandom' antics, even if they are a front he puts on as seems to be implied, can get very irritating.

On another note, I really hope they address how creepy all this fawning over Hagu is. I mean, she both looks and acts like a little kid, yet all these grown men seem to be absolutely obsessed with her. It's really weird.
Sep 19, 2020 4:06 AM

Nov 2018
I still have no idea why would you draw Hagu like that...
Even if it was for comedic effect and to show her growth from time to time it still seems weird to me considering she is on the top of love triangle.

Drama is still top tier and characters are lovable.
I hate everyone equally
Jun 15, 2021 4:10 PM

Jan 2021
Well definitely a lot more drama this episode than there has been previously, also an OP song drop which I didn’t expect at all.

I’m not sure how I feel about Morita and Hugu as a pairing, I think my biggest issue with it that that they have had rather limited on screen interaction overall that isn’t just Morita basically messing with Hug. And while emotions are far from logical and there is the aspect that both of them are artistic geniuses from the on screen interactions it doesn’t work for me so far.

Also that opening screen felt rather depressing with Takamoto sitting on the tarp by himself battling his allergies surrounded by Cherry Blossoms, I guess it make sense given that he currently feels isolated and unsure what to do about his feelings for Hugu and i’m sure you can fund more symbolism to pull the the screen on top of this.

CalmTeaTimeJan 6, 2022 10:29 AM
Jun 16, 2021 3:09 AM

May 2020
I need more Morita scenes
Jan 2, 2023 1:51 PM

May 2018
rip Takemoto's neck again... Morita did a pro gamer move, see you in 6 months lmao
Feb 6, 2023 10:56 PM

May 2022
The anime is great. The car chase scene, racing to the airport: how many times have we seen this in movies, where the hero races to the airport to catch his lover before she can board a flight?! And to have Takemoto as a stand-in for Hagu is hilarious. The whole bit with Morita's brother is classic, and Morita's "list of friends" is the funniest joke in this anime so far.

Having said that, the stolen first kiss scene between Morita and Hagu was handled much better in the manga, along with the explanation that she stopped wearing the wooden brooch. In the manga, we simply have Morita fleeing the scene in silence. It left a much bigger impression in the manga. Is this the scene that some people refer to as the "rape" scene?

Hagu-san's fragile health is a trope seen in many anime or manga: the character who is sickly or thrown into a fever due to emotional stress. Strangely, I have seen this happen all too often IRL. Her character's fragility, emotional and physical, is all too real to me.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Opening

I_0_dont_0_know - Apr 10

3 by mikorinismyson »»
Apr 11, 2:46 AM

Poll: » Hachimitsu to Clover Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Kayro - Mar 17, 2008

126 by whereswisteria »»
Mar 29, 2:43 PM

Poll: » Hachimitsu to Clover Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Fentastic - Oct 5, 2008

124 by anti0taku »»
Sep 14, 2023 4:50 PM

Poll: » Hachimitsu to Clover Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Kayro - Mar 21, 2008

61 by anti0taku »»
Aug 3, 2023 2:42 PM

Poll: » Hachimitsu to Clover Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Kayro - Mar 20, 2008

63 by anti0taku »»
Aug 3, 2023 1:08 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.