Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fullmetal Alchemist
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Mar 22, 2010 1:06 AM
Nov 2009
Feels good man

also tomodachi subs are very fast and very awsome

Great episode also xD
Mar 22, 2010 1:20 AM

Apr 2008
Shit was intense.
Mar 22, 2010 1:43 AM
Anime Moderator
Grammar Queen

Jun 2008
This is so exciting!!!

The wait for the next episode is going to be hard to endure :(
p r o f i l e đź‘€
Mar 22, 2010 3:12 AM

Nov 2008
Anyone know why they started cutting up the episodes and playing 5 minutes of them after the freaking credits? Pissing me off. They don't have anything before the intro anymore, so why did they start adding important story-related stuff after everyone has already turned off the tv? It's kinda dumb and uber annoying. I don't want to have to keep skipping ahead or watching lame outros (well the current one's not too lame) everytime I watch it. And if they don't add proper chapter jumps on the DVDs, you'll miss half the story. Plus it makes the episodes seem a lot shorter.

neverless said:

And a question to manga readers: That guy with the little boy and girl in the scene right after the credits, do they play a major role or are they just some random characters?

You probably don't remember that guy but he was the partner of the mole chick who Roy "killed". He doesn't know she's still alive which is probably why he's so depressed and sleeping during the day. lol not just some random guy.
Mar 22, 2010 3:33 AM

Jul 2008
Awesome Episode damn cant wait for next ep

5/5
Mar 22, 2010 3:36 AM

Feb 2008
dogbunny said:
Anyone know why they started cutting up the episodes and playing 5 minutes of them after the freaking credits? Pissing me off. They don't have anything before the intro anymore, so why did they start adding important story-related stuff after everyone has already turned off the tv? It's kinda dumb and uber annoying. I don't want to have to keep skipping ahead or watching lame outros (well the current one's not too lame) everytime I watch it. And if they don't add proper chapter jumps on the DVDs, you'll miss half the story. Plus it makes the episodes seem a lot shorter.

That is because they're catching up to manga. I think it'll take then 10 more episodes to catch up to this Month's manga.
So... if you don't want shitty fillers, STFU and endure.
Mar 22, 2010 4:07 AM
Nov 2009
Hohenheim: "Heroes are supposed to come late."
Pride: "Hero? Are you here to defeat me?
Hohenheim: "Nah, you're scary as hell."

Hehehe ^_^

"Don't make fun of my son."

Awwwwwwww!!! >.< ♥

Great, amazing episode :D Can't wait for next time!~♥
Mar 22, 2010 5:20 AM

Jul 2009
Love the complete nonchalance Hohenheim show towards Pride and then how he keeps his hand in his pockets throughout that entire massive display of powerful alchemy xD
Now that is being awesome (^.^)
Mar 22, 2010 5:21 AM

Feb 2009
And so it's finally here. Good episode overall, must be kind of weird to be trapped in the dark.
Mar 22, 2010 6:20 AM

Sep 2009
i was so drunk when i watched it yesterday so i think ill watch it again :D
seemed great based on the bits and pieces i remember
Mar 22, 2010 6:21 AM

Oct 2009
The ep is out really fast this time. yeay ! XD.

It's definitely awesome. Hohenhiem is starting to have sense of humor and he is a lucky guy. That shadow didn't even scratch him a bit. lol. XD

Mar 22, 2010 6:35 AM

Apr 2008
The fight is gonna start soon xD

Mar 22, 2010 7:00 AM
Jan 2010
Hohenheim sealed that guy up good.
He also had some pretty cool lines there.
StardustReverieMar 22, 2010 7:04 AM
Mar 22, 2010 7:18 AM

Apr 2009
omg felt so short (((((((
awsome ep
Mar 22, 2010 7:32 AM

Apr 2009
Cool ep. The trap was a nice plan, but I don't see how that is a contest of endurance, since it'll only be for a day. Selim is still evil as always.

Who the hell is denny !
Mar 22, 2010 7:58 AM

Apr 2008
Denny= the guy who was paired with Maria Ross early on in the show that were charged to look over the Elric brothers for a bit. Yea I forgot about them till now too.
Mar 22, 2010 8:07 AM
Apr 2009
WHAT?! I thought the new OP and ED were suppose in this new episode I was so hyped then :(

That aside episode was great...the promised day begins...pure epicness from here on out...please dont fuck this up animators like how you did with Pride's reveal

Mar 22, 2010 8:41 AM

Jul 2009
The epicness begins
Mar 22, 2010 9:36 AM

Jan 2009
That Denny looks like the missing third Elric Brother. Forgot about him.

Cool episode. Does this mean Alphonse is excluded from the final fight? :(
Mar 22, 2010 10:14 AM
Mar 2010
There wouldn't be a final battle without alphonse: he's a sacrifice.
Loved the sunrise scene.
It was the same for episode 46: SO EPIC!
Mar 22, 2010 10:32 AM

Mar 2009
Superb cliffhanger xD
Mar 22, 2010 10:35 AM

Sep 2008
That was a clever idea for a trap on Al's part. I'd hate to be alone with Pride too, whether or not he has his shadow spear things and billions of creepy eyes backing him. Ed's eyes at the "end" (before the outro) were intense. o_o

Hohenheim was cool in this episode too. :D It was pretty intense. At least Pride's trapped now... but I'm sure Envy will be a problem now. :\

Onto the final battle!
Mar 22, 2010 10:46 AM

Feb 2009
Thanks to you all, now I remember the Denny guy.

Hohenheim was a badass! but yes, what's it that has been keeping him from showing up earlier? I want to know.

I never like Pride, but this ep. just made me adore him a little. So he had goodness in him after all. When he said he loved Madam Bradley was really cute, I wonder if someday he'll protect her the same way she did to him. Or maybe he's just an antagonist to the core. Dunno.

PS. The cutest part for me, was when Pride was trying to escape the trap with the small log.
Mar 22, 2010 1:04 PM

Feb 2010
oh yeah Denny..i was like why does he look so familiar
and that episode did seem a bit short but it was so good and epic
i can't wait for next weeks
Hohenheim is a beastt
baah and mustang is amaaazing
so excited for next week
Mar 22, 2010 1:32 PM

May 2007
This episode felt so short! x___x'
Hohenheim was awesome. I love Al. And omg next episode looks even better. <3

Mar 22, 2010 3:54 PM
Jun 2008
Hohenheim is awesome!
So are his sons =)
Mar 22, 2010 4:12 PM

Feb 2009
No way in hell FMA:B will be 51 episodes, that promise day will take like 10 more episodes if not more!
Mar 22, 2010 4:22 PM

Jul 2008
so pride was effectively taken out of the battle for right now, i'm surprised no one thought of that before
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
Mar 22, 2010 6:11 PM

Sep 2008
The end theme (music) fits very well with the story right now. Ed picking up his red coat and putting it on to that just seemed to work so well for the episode.

"You're such an idiot."
~Celty (Durarara)

"How many seconds until the boy confesses his love to the girl?"
~Durarara

Should it be sad now that twice in a season I've been glad that subs scrolls by to quickly for me to process?

Mar 22, 2010 6:49 PM

Nov 2007
Hohenheim was able to trap Pride, but only temporarily.

#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net - the official IRC channel for Fate Testarossa.
Mar 23, 2010 2:53 AM

Apr 2008
=( I don't want a new opening. Period is the best one...
Mar 23, 2010 3:52 AM

Jul 2009
omg....only the ending totally excites me! Next ep looks great!This ep...okok
Mar 23, 2010 9:18 AM

Apr 2009
I was kinda hoping for a bit more out of Hohenheim, but I guess that'll come soon enough. Still, I loved the way he just stood there relaxed with his hands in his pockets the whole time like he wasn't worried one bit.

Kinda wondering about what happened with the gun shot at the end, though. Obviously we know the ones they showed didn't get shot, and based on the way Mustang was acting nobody got killed, but somebody could have still gotten hurt.

Oh, and what about Havoc? I have a feeling he's not laid up in bed anymore, or at least he's just acting like he is and is gonna play some important part in their plan.
Mar 23, 2010 9:26 AM
Feb 2010
i actually liked this episode rather it was good :P wondering what will happen next :P

Mar 23, 2010 11:21 AM

May 2009
Good to see Kimbley doing what he does best ^_^; Hohenheim's trap was good. I loved it how even Pride is wary of him :D Greed gets... well, greedy. He's really an idiot. If he can't take on Pride, how the h*ll is going to take down Father? I wonder what's Mustang gonna do now. What was he thinking, taking Mrs. Bradley a hostage? He should've known better. I hope May Chang is dead by the time Scar and the others get to her. I hate her f*cking voice. Ed's new overall is nice ^_^;

Oh and yeah, this opening theme/song is perfect. ...what isn't broken.

Good episode...
Mar 23, 2010 1:47 PM

Oct 2007
Impressive piece of alchemy by Hohenheim. Can't wait for what's coming next.

"Thousands have lived without love, not one without water." -Wystan Hugh
Mar 23, 2010 3:34 PM

Feb 2009
honey88foru said:
I hope May Chang is dead by the time Scar and the others get to her. I hate her f*cking voice. Ed's new overall is nice ^_^;

Awww,,, don't be so cruel to May Chang
Oh! but yes I also don't like her voice haha
BTW her character is so-so, not that bad. EXCEPT when she was influenced by Envy's saying. The definition 'dumb' came right away in my mind
Mar 23, 2010 4:17 PM
Jan 2010
neverless said:
I didn't like the episode but the part after the credits and the preview for the next episode hyped me up.

And a question to manga readers: That guy with the little boy and girl in the scene right after the credits, do they play a major role or are they just some random characters?

That guy is Danny Brosh, who is Maria Ross's partner.
Mar 23, 2010 7:52 PM

Nov 2008
Bteng said:
neverless said:
I didn't like the episode but the part after the credits and the preview for the next episode hyped me up.

That guy is Danny Brosh, who is Maria Ross's partner.

lol yeah but he hasnt been on in forever

almost time for

http://www.onemanga.com/Full_Metal_Alchemist/93/06/

and

http://www.onemanga.com/Full_Metal_Alchemist/98/32/ bahahaha xDD
Mar 23, 2010 7:55 PM

Nov 2008
GlacialFroszeN said:
honey88foru said:
I hope May Chang is dead by the time Scar and the others get to her. I hate her f*cking voice. Ed's new overall is nice ^_^;

Awww,,, don't be so cruel to May Chang
Oh! but yes I also don't like her voice haha
BTW her character is so-so, not that bad. EXCEPT when she was influenced by Envy's saying. The definition 'dumb' came right away in my mind

lol i love her voice and character especially in newest chapters :)
Mar 23, 2010 9:36 PM

Dec 2008
Damn the promised day is here... and the manga, around the corner! xD
Mar 24, 2010 12:31 AM

Mar 2009
Wait... why was Mustang in Central? I thought he would take the old lady somewhere else and then go somewhere else do something else...
Mar 24, 2010 5:10 AM

Oct 2008
^^^^ central is where the top brass of the millitary is...isnt it.....so they wanna cause a stir there.......its a logical explanation....
Mar 24, 2010 5:18 AM

Sep 2008
UnknownFact said:
Wait... why was Mustang in Central? I thought he would take the old lady somewhere else and then go somewhere else do something else...

The old lady...you mean his mom? They went different ways in the sewers below Central. It was shown quite clearly in the anime. The mom went out of the country while Mustang started doing what he is doing now. He just had to "remove her" from the country so she would not be taken hostage or used against him when he started this "rebellion"
Mar 24, 2010 1:14 PM

Nov 2008
SnG said:

That is because they're catching up to manga. I think it'll take then 10 more episodes to catch up to this Month's manga.
So... if you don't want shitty fillers, STFU and endure.

Misunderstanding. I'm saying i.e. there's 18 minutes of actual storyline (minus intro/outro/preview). Why do they not play intro-18mins-outro-preview as before? Instead they've started doing intro-15mins-outro-3mins-preview. It doesn't have anything to do with pacing. It just seems they're forcing us to sit through credits and chopping up the show. This is something Bones did for DTB2 as well (don't know if Bones is the actual culprit here). People don't normally sit through the credits for every episode and probably miss a bunch of stuff.
Mar 24, 2010 1:38 PM
Sep 2009
dogbunny said:

I agree. It's really stupid. I kinda hope they recut it for the dub so those post-credits scenes come before the credits ...
Mar 24, 2010 2:20 PM

Nov 2008
ChainsawAsh said:

I agree. It's really stupid. I kinda hope they recut it for the dub so those post-credits scenes come before the credits ...

I would hope so too, but I think fans would be up in arms if they tried to release it like that for the DVDs. Also they've started to play the outro music during play-time. -_- Don't think there's a safe solution here.
Mar 24, 2010 4:21 PM

Jul 2009
Sorry but I think it's only going to have 52 episodes. It's the Promised Day, the final day. BOOM D:
Mar 24, 2010 4:31 PM
May 2008
^ Fairly certain there was supposed to be at least 60 episodes.

Anyway, the action was alright, I however enjoyed the later half of this episode the most.
Dead Account
Please Delete
Mar 24, 2010 6:31 PM

Apr 2009
poketonip said:
Sorry but I think it's only going to have 52 episodes. It's the Promised Day, the final day. BOOM D:

Can't. The Promised Day is one hell of a long day lol. Been about..15 chapters since the day first started in the manga?
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

samatar45 - Oct 2, 2009

286 by Fortvne »»
Yesterday, 4:31 PM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 27 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ahenshihael - Oct 11, 2009

296 by Fortvne »»
Yesterday, 4:31 PM

» What’s bad about this anime ( 1 2 3 )

sangonomiya_k - Nov 18, 2023

132 by Chewbaccaccino »»
Apr 21, 8:53 PM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

adamantine - Aug 16, 2009

215 by JoeyBadaSS »»
Apr 20, 10:29 PM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 64 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ahenshihael - Jul 4, 2010

965 by _dziku »»
Apr 19, 2:40 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.