MyAnimeList.net

Anime Information
Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Troubling Ending Animation
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Anime Discussion »» Series Discussion »» Hanamaru Youchien »» Troubling Ending Animation

03-19-10, 10:51 PM

I really don't get the ending - the way the animation plays out to me is: Anzu is riding on the back of Yamamoto-sensei's bike, we cut to a close shot of her eyes widening with horror or surprise; then cut to Anzu's POV riding toward silhouettes of rabbit headed creatures (I don't know the reference); then there's a series of sequences some from Anzu's POV some involving classic horror structures and figures and you realize that she wasn't riding with Yamamoto and that this is a dream; when the bike stops and we see the rabbit headed creatures (and by implication all the others) are safely behind them; then the nightmare continues as "Yamamoto" is revealed to be a monster as well; and we cut to close up of Anzu; there is no real ending happy or otherwise just Anzu screaming in terror.

First of all for Anzu to dream those characters she had to be aware of them which, to me, says that her mother who originally came across as a bit of an airhead now appears to be a terrible parent who sees no problem in a toddler watching these films.

I "get" that it's designed to play against the nice song but a terrified 5 year old even an animated one is neither cute or entertaining to me.

03-23-10, 2:49 AM

if you put it that way...

Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices