Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 18, 2008 1:10 PM

Feb 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Once again, great episode (never get tired of saying this about this anime =P).
Loved the beggining of the episode. The part with Mayama and Yamada's father was really funny xD
Also, I found the ending to be pretty touching.
KinetaNov 25, 2012 9:39 AM
Aug 3, 2008 3:09 PM

Oct 2007
Kayro said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Once again, great episode (never get tired of saying this about this anime =P).
Loved the beggining of the episode. The part with Mayama and Yamada's father was really funny xD
Also, I found the ending to be pretty touching.

QFT And the animation was... just wow. this is really turning out to be an awesome series.
Aug 19, 2008 5:11 AM

Jan 2008
Yamada's father bashing Mayama was funny as. 38,000 Yen worth of damage XD
Didn't expect Hagumi to decide and stay.
Apr 30, 2009 2:42 PM

Aug 2008
Loved the ending, this series is so touching and cute ^^

May 12, 2009 12:22 AM

Jun 2008
awww.. it feels like everyone's leaving!! :(( mayama and shuu-chan... but i'm glad that hagu's still happy and has friends.. and that yamada's moving in with her too.. and that four-leaf clover they all looked for as a gift for shuu-chan was sweet. although they didn't find it.. its the thought that counts.. hahah :p
Jun 7, 2009 8:16 AM

Mar 2009
Lovely episode Hagu-chan is very cute as always. Morita was hillarious. Yamada's father is awesome.

Jul 9, 2009 2:05 PM

Jun 2008
Hagu should wear her hair down more often. This series has a certain charm to it that makes me want to keep watching the next episode, one after the other. It's nicely paced and the music is lovely. The characters are all warm and entertaining to watch, hell even Hagu whom I dislike wasn't that bad this time.

<3 the clover scene.
Nov 26, 2009 12:13 PM
Nov 2009
I loved episode seven, particularly when all four characters escaped, though for a brief moment, from their individual problems. Also the scene where Hagu was tearing up in front of Shuuji, and depended his well-being and success on finding that four leaf clover, almost had me in tears.
Jul 11, 2010 9:04 AM

Sep 2009
This anime is quite depressive...
Dec 5, 2010 5:08 PM

Jun 2009
The end was so touching! I even cried! I don't want anyone to leave!
Mar 5, 2011 5:12 PM

Dec 2010
Actually, that clover scene was pretty similar to an afternoon I spent with my friends before we all went to different colleges (we were searching for lost keys XD), so this episode has a pretty strong resonance with me. The ending was especially touching :-D
"Ah yes, the demon drink...'Nature's Alzheimer's' they call it"
Apr 21, 2011 1:25 AM

Aug 2010
Man this episode was strong

Loved the clover scene and everyone gathered together eating
Aug 3, 2011 1:47 PM

Oct 2010
What a lovely chapter!
Exciting ... :3
"It has a wad of cash in my pocket
If you take will feel it." ♫
SAUHSASHUASUHASHUAUHAUHS
Morita is very funny!
Jan 1, 2012 10:34 AM

May 2010
What an amazing and strong episode!

It makes you feel the saddest emotions inside at the same time, provides a beautiful feeling of happiness.

The beginning part was hilarious. XD
And again, it must be painful for Rika.

"There's a wad of money inside my pocket! ~
Really.. If you tap it, the wad of bills will become two. ~"

HILARIOUS!! Morita strikes again. :D
Apr 4, 2012 7:17 PM

Oct 2011
"There's a wad of money inside my pocket~"
Oh Shinobu, how I adore you

This episode was amazing!
|ω・)
May 16, 2012 5:56 PM

Nov 2011
Four-leaf clovers are indeed rare, I can't remember if I ever seen one before in the past decade of my life.
Jun 11, 2012 8:15 AM

Oct 2008
Aw, I wish they found one. Why does Shuu have to go? :(

So Mayama isn't planning to give up. But I think Shuu suits Rika better.
Sep 24, 2012 3:41 AM

Nov 2011
The song they played in the middle of the episode didn't click for me D=. But some parts were pretty good =P.

"I like to expose what people hide. I'm an intellectual rapist." - Furudo Erika
Nov 17, 2012 9:51 AM

May 2012
Rather a sad episode but ended quite nice! Sad they didn't found the four leave clover!
May 19, 2013 5:20 PM

Jan 2013
Takemoto still feels like a junior with Morita (and I’ll bet everyone else) around even though he’ll be a third year soon. That’s gotta come with its own problems.

Mayama does work at that company now and pretty hard by the looks of it. He also decides to leave Rika but not without that promise to return. Rika lost Hanamoto sensei too since he’s leaving to work on that book.

Hagu and sensei are really close since they both feel lonely knowing that they will be seperated. Also did you see Mayama looking at Yamada and Hagu looking at Takemoto while they were looking for the 4-leaved clover?! Judging by the preview, Yamada still has a chance! I thought she didn’t have one at all!
-Nothing can stay unchanged. Even so, can you still keep on loving this place?

-Be still my soul; when change and tears are past, all safe and blessed we shall meet at last.
Apr 11, 2014 7:44 AM

Mar 2014
This was a good episode, but I feel like the show is beginning to get pretty formulaic at this point.
Every episode has a few jokes, some big dramatic moments, a custom song near the end of the episode, and some bittersweet resolution at the end.

This is probably would have been the best episode yet, but it's impact is diminished by the episodes that came before it that followed the same exact formula. I kind of wish this show would build up to it's dramatic moments instead of shoehorning them in to each and every episode...
::End of Transmission::

May 7, 2014 12:10 PM
Feb 2012
Really liked this ep. Best one so far.
Aug 23, 2014 3:15 PM

Nov 2013
Think they tried to sell the parting a little too much, ended up getting a little turned off by the whole affair and not enjoying this episode.
the official MAL hall of fame/cursed comments is now open for business - you are welcome to PM me any potential quotes to include
Nov 13, 2014 9:13 PM
Jul 2014
Mayama and Rika mmmmmm
Dec 7, 2014 11:41 PM

Nov 2011
So-so. Mayama's words to Rika seem to imply he's choosing her despite warming up to Yamada more.

Morita is still hilarious.

Kinda glad we're seeing more actual talking from Hagu, even though she does still act pretty childlike.
Dec 8, 2014 2:23 AM

Jun 2009
Nevermind, I thought they graduated/were graduating after last episode. Oh well, still doesn't seem like anything has happened yet.
Jan 29, 2015 1:15 PM

Jul 2013
Awww, that was a really great episode.

I can't believe Sensei is leaving to go travel with his sensei. Poor Hagu and none of them could find the four leaved clover.

Shinobu singing about having money in his pocket was funny <3
Apr 21, 2015 4:53 AM

Aug 2014
there is so much love triangle here.
Sep 3, 2015 5:55 PM

Jul 2014
such a moving episode...
what a moment of bliss, just watching them look for a clover.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 11, 2017 12:04 AM

Jan 2013
This was a solid episode.
Apparently the odds of finding a four leaf clover are 1 in 10,000. That's the only number I can find, but I doubt it's that round of a number and just repeated over and over again from experiment.
Anyways, there were really well animated moments like the bracelet scene, her body language said it all.
Apr 8, 2017 2:46 PM

Feb 2013
I'm glad that Yamada will live with Hagu-chan, I was afraid that she would be left all alone.
Mar 6, 2018 10:10 AM

May 2015
Yamada is real bae. Better choice than Rika.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Apr 6, 2018 8:01 PM

Sep 2013
Ohh...
...my....
......GOD!!!!

What a boring anime!

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Jan 11, 2019 7:30 AM

Feb 2018
Wow, that was so moving and beautiful, this show is really starting to look much much better since last episode, because they dialed down on the bad humor, and upped the game with some really well-directed drama.
Aug 3, 2020 11:20 AM

Jun 2020
i don't know why but i always get this bittersweet, melancholic, i-want-to-cry feeling whenever i watch honey & clover, even listening to the OP gives me a lot of feels. the art & sound direction is really amazing. also it's so relaxing to watch at the end of the day

i'm glad mayama & yamada are getting along better now and he's really making an effort as well, the ending the previous episode where mayama admitted that he sees himself in her (wrt unrequited love) that was just heartbreaking, even if they can't be together i hope they can develop a stronger friendship from here on

oh dear god i'm glad hagu-chan is having way more decent lines & NORMAL dialogue this episode. it'll be way better if she stopped referring to herself in 3rd person as well lol damn it just speak normally hahaha i'm warming up to her as well. but why does she look even more (relatively) grown up when she was a high school student in the flashback, clearly they could have drawn her slightly less child-like -______-

her side profile looks really pretty & more mature, even with those ridiculously huge twin buns. i wished they showed her more like that. she also looked so pretty & grown up when she was with takemoto looking for the 4-leaf clover her hair looks way better down

anyway poor hagu :( she must have felt so lonely, i'm glad shuuji was there for her and helped her develop her artistic potential

yay i'm looking forward to watching yamada live with hagu, she's always so in awe of yamada it's so cute

that end was beautiful, really moving episode, as always

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

Jun 15, 2021 3:13 AM

May 2020
This episode gives me the feels
Jun 15, 2021 1:50 PM

Jan 2021
So this episode teases us with the idea of people coming to terms with things and moving on.

Mayama and Yamada are finally able to interact as friends without one, or both, having to feel guilty or embarrassed over unrequited love. Hagumi is willing to stay behind as Shuji leaves for a year, going so far as to have Yamada move in with her. While likely not completely moving on, Mayama at least seems willing to give up on Rika, for now. Shuji even seems to cement this theme when he says Hagu didn't need to give him anything more. Then we get to the hotpot scene.

I am almost certainly reading too much into it, but the eye lines during this brief scene are amazing to me. Yamada is staring at Mayama almost the entire time, with both Morita and Takemoto doing the same with Hagu. This feels like too much of a contrast to the rest of the episode to be nothing.

Outside the episodes main theme, we got a few interesting looks into character's personal lives.

Yamada's dad is the same brash, yet cool, older guy as Kazu and Harada.

Morita is now answering job requests directly, and not using his phone just to fuck with Mayama.

A look at Hagu's past goes along way to explaining her early mannerisms and social anxiety. Though, and maybe I just missed it but, I don't remember Shuji saying anything about her parents dying so I don't know why she was living alone with her grandmother.

Finally, on the subject of things I may be unaware of, is there a cultural context to it, or is it a little weird Rika talked to her dead husband and called him by their shared family name?
CalmTeaTimeJan 6, 2022 10:41 AM
May 31, 2022 10:24 PM
Jul 2018
This anime is alright if you can look past Hagu's loliness. Has picked up since episode 5 and especially episode 6 even if it's still following a predictable episodic formula.
Jan 1, 2023 3:46 PM

May 2018
Good episode. I like how it went for a simpler style with more animation. Anyways imagine just how awkward it would be, looking at 5 idiots searching the mud for a 4 leaf clover lol
Feb 4, 2023 6:58 PM

May 2022
Such a beautiful and moving interpretation of the manga. I am so grateful for this beautiful story.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Opening

I_0_dont_0_know - Apr 10

3 by mikorinismyson »»
Apr 11, 2:46 AM

Poll: » Hachimitsu to Clover Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Kayro - Mar 17, 2008

126 by whereswisteria »»
Mar 29, 2:43 PM

Poll: » Hachimitsu to Clover Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Fentastic - Oct 5, 2008

124 by anti0taku »»
Sep 14, 2023 4:50 PM

Poll: » Hachimitsu to Clover Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Kayro - Mar 21, 2008

61 by anti0taku »»
Aug 3, 2023 2:42 PM

Poll: » Hachimitsu to Clover Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Kayro - Mar 20, 2008

63 by anti0taku »»
Aug 3, 2023 1:08 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.