Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Mar 18, 2010 5:25 PM

Oct 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Sakaki.....O_O Why Sakaki? Why? My favorite character with his brilliance......trampled over by Kaori's meddling with her being in the way of that shot that would have killed Nemuru.....T_T Of all things Kaori dragging him into the waters with her blood soiling it.....Sakaki's plans ruined by those meddling people.....if only he would have broken the controls of that dam! If only it could not have been stopped and the destruction would have been complete. I did like Sakaki's final evilness of hacing a revolver from a poilce officer....killing a wolf guy who was around the dam controls.....I did not like him getting Isuzu but it was not bad....was only a leg shot. Oh yeah also killing one of those soldiers of Nemuru....I take it the next episode is some parody of Nemuru with a costume of the popular mascot.....only thing that would have made this a 10 would have been Sakaki coming back to blow up the town with bombs or a B-2 with nukes.... 1/5 and the next episode might make this a 6/10.....Big disappointment! before the fall of Kaori with Sakaki into the waters.....damn!=>
francismeunierMar 18, 2010 5:34 PM

In spoiler my anime list for now.
Mar 19, 2010 1:03 AM

Jun 2009
Was that supposed to be Ôkamikakushi?!
I guess so...but I don't see that many similarities...

Hakurô Kanon had magical floating powers, people had the general superpowers as always, the dam is protected even worse than the holding cells and Hiroshi's only worry is that it's all his fault...Talk about simplifying a plot.

I don't even know if I should watch the last episode next week...it's only the Mochiawase and Omoibito gags. But I still hope they somehow at least fit in the relationship between Hiroshi and Mana, although I highly doubt it.
Waiting for: God Eater (PSP)

私が、探偵だからよ。
Mar 19, 2010 1:24 AM

Oct 2009
seizonsha said:
Was that supposed to be Ôkamikakushi?!
Exactly my problem for all this...I am very disappointed and it is like 180 degrees from the happy one of 11eyes......euh

Mar 19, 2010 7:40 AM
Jun 2008
After watching Therestina(TToaru Kagaku no Railgun) psycho-maniac expression,Sakaki is nothing ^^.... whats up with the death of Sakaki and Kaori??Somehow i don't feel sad nor happy about it,the sacrifice of this two character is a waste(could have done better i think)
francismeunier said:
I am very disappointed and it is like 180 degrees from the happy one of 11eyes......euh
I hold 11eyes after i watch 2 episode,and i thinking of watching back....but why izzit so many people talk bad thing about this anime,is this anime that bad??or izzit just better to drop it ...

After finish watching,i been asking myself " is this episode 11 and not episode 12?? " this episode is good enough to be the grand ending already.....( i remember that this anime suppose to be 24 episode??maybe i mistaken...)
MorningGloryMar 19, 2010 7:58 AM
Mar 19, 2010 7:52 AM

Oct 2009
gloryfy said:
After watching Therestina(TToaru Kagaku no Railgun) psycho-maniac expression,Sakaki is nothing ^^
francismeunier said:
I am very disappointed and it is like 180 degrees from the happy one of 11eyes......euh
I hold 11eyes after i watch 2 episode,and i thinking of watching back....but why izzit so many people talk bad thing about this anime,is this anime that bad??or izzit just better to drop it ...
11 eyes is good in the sense that it can have 2 endings....either episode 11 and stop watching there or 12 and accept ending that happens in 12.....you will see when you decide to see it till there...I will not spoil you about it further...Sakaki is way better than Therestina......he looks more cold than her to me.

Mar 19, 2010 8:34 AM

Dec 2007
Sakaki sucks.
Mar 19, 2010 8:42 AM

Feb 2009
I have to agree this episode was some sort of a disappointment, I was expecting a bit more drama with Sakaki and his (former) girl
Also, I expected the dam thing to be a bigger happening, with what happened now, it seems like only a few houses have been crushed.. :( I was hoping for something big.

How do you guys to it by the way, finding the subs when I can only find RAW. -sigh- I'm not sure if the long convo's mattered, but I think I was able to understand the major parts of the talking?
Mar 19, 2010 9:09 AM

Jun 2009
Wuppie said:
I have to agree this episode was some sort of a disappointment, I was expecting a bit more drama with Sakaki and his (former) girl
Also, I expected the dam thing to be a bigger happening, with what happened now, it seems like only a few houses have been crushed.. :( I was hoping for something big.

Originally there was supposed to be more drama, also Mana was supposed to be featured way more. The only character that the anime managed to develop better than the VN was Kaname...after watching this I somehow get the idea that this anime was made just for Kaname.
And the dam scene may not have been that big an event, but in the end much of the New Town was destroyed and only very few people kept living there. As Hiroshi said in the end, Jôgamachi became sort of a ghost town.
That was maybe the only part I really liked, as it was a kind of bad end feeling.

私が、探偵だからよ。
Mar 19, 2010 9:09 AM

Oct 2009
rarri said:
Sakaki sucks.
No....Sakaki should have been smarter to know to break those dam controls.....I still can't believe he never though of that......>_< How hard is it to get explosive when you can get a revolver.....guess the bullets could not be dodged in the end.

Mar 19, 2010 10:07 AM

Jul 2008
The last episode will be just like in Kampfer...more like an ova... overall I was expecting more from this anime V_V
Mar 19, 2010 10:45 AM

Nov 2008
I'm not gonna lie. I laughed a lot but when the "humor" kicked in at the end, it killed it. It was the funniest episode by far!

What's a real turn off was Nemuru's development. Really? REALLY?! Come on! This series was an impressive train-wreck.

It doesn't end there! Oh noes! The preview for the next episode looks simply epic!
Maximatum99Mar 19, 2010 10:48 AM
Mar 19, 2010 11:08 AM

Oct 2009
Maximatum99 said:
I'm not gonna lie. I laughed a lot but when the "humor" kicked in at the end, it killed it. It was the funniest episode by far!

What's a real turn off was Nemuru's development. Really? REALLY?! Come on! This series was an impressive train-wreck.

It doesn't end there! Oh noes! The preview for the next episode looks simply epic!

I agree.
Heh >:]
Mar 19, 2010 11:23 AM
Jun 2009
Sakaki... </3
Mar 19, 2010 11:41 AM

Aug 2007
So is episode 12 going to be a fanservice episode or something? That really felt like the ending. >.>

I can't really say I enjoyed this episode. Some parts just felt really off.
Mar 19, 2010 11:48 AM

Mar 2008
Yay, only one more episode left to torture myself with. Then I shall be free. o_o
Mar 19, 2010 11:48 AM
Jan 2010
I agree with most of you that this series seemed lacking not only due to the pace of the story or lack there of.... but also with the fact the ending seemed rushed. I wasn't expecting such a sudden ending if you can call it that lol.. I mean the episode title was kinda of a hint :P. The antagonist's motive for revenge was also kinda weak imo... I mean really I'm sure he's not the only person that lost a loved one/family due to the laws so wth makes him so special? Overall I would say that this series was decent at best and worth a watch if you have nothing else to do.. Hopefully like higurashi/Umineko (I just assume there will be a 2nd season for umineko) there is a second season which maybe adds more to the story.

On a side note its that time again where most of the winter series are ending which sucks :( and I guess this would be one of the fail endings of this season. I have high hopes for soranowoto and railgun hopfully they don't disappoint
Mar 19, 2010 11:55 AM

Aug 2009
Oh god, AIC... You fail big-time.

I have to say, this episode wasn't too bad. It's a 3/5 ot 4/5...
And, seriously? Next episode isn't related to the story? WTF.

Wow, AIC... Just... Wow.

I have no idea what to rate this. It's a 6.5 at the moment, and I hope the next episode is so fucking good that I'll bring myself to rate it a 7. If the next episode is utter crap, I'll rate it a 6.
Seriously, I bet Studio DEEN would've made this a lot better.

I really enjoyed this show in the beginning, so episodes 3-9 or something. Especially the scene where Hiro sees Nemuru murdering that girl. God, I rewatched that scene a 1000 times and I thought ''OHMAHGAWD DIS IS DA BEST ANIME EVAH''. I rated it a 9. Then it only went downhill. 8... 7... And probably a 6 now.

About fucking time.
Samu-tanMar 19, 2010 12:03 PM
Mar 19, 2010 12:00 PM

Aug 2008
Blah. What's there to say? I'm a little amazed that Sakaki was able to actually flood the town (if even a bit) and that there are actually smart people who left, but it's absurd that they would gloss over that to have Hiroshi's lame monologue about acceptance. Why on earth would his father continue to live in a town where his child is succeptible to such nonsense?

Fail all around.
Mar 19, 2010 12:13 PM

Jul 2008
OK, this anime, in my opinion, is terrible. I have so many unanswered questions, and this episode did not help at all. What is Kaori's sickness? Why does she look like Mieko? And like has the dam ever been mentioned previously? And why in the beginning of the first episode did they show part of the scene in the park with Isuzu, Nemuru, and Hiro? It wasn't an arc or anything, it was just a random snippet. I also still don't even understand the relationship between the Gods and the Fallen. And, what exactly did the Hassaku do again? Did it help stop the temptation or something? And what was Kaname's wish? Did she pick it up herself?

The climax was at like 15 minutes in, and the rest of the episode was boring stuff. Nemuru all of a sudden hanging out with them all seems to strange as well, and who cares if he calls her Kushinada?

Is THIS THE MORALE OF THE ANIME?? "Personally, I think it means that we should try to understand people who are different from us, and accept them". That is so cliche. This anime has taught me to treat everyone the same, despite their race or religion or monstrous characteristics. Screw that crap.

And the next episode looks like just a "fun" extra. I am guessing its just like another festival or more urban legends. And like is there something going on between Nemuru and Hiroshi? That is such BS! UGH!

/rant. I can't wait for this to be over next week.
Mar 19, 2010 12:37 PM

Jan 2009
GarLogan78 said:
...I have so many unanswered questions, and this episode did not help at all....

...What is Kaori's sickness? Why does she look like Mieko?...

...And why in the beginning of the first episode did they show part of the scene in the park with Isuzu, Nemuru, and Hiro? It wasn't an arc or anything, it was just a random snippet...

...And, what exactly did the Hassaku do again? Did it help stop the temptation or something?...

THIS.

Can anyone who's played the VN answer some of these questions?
Mar 19, 2010 12:53 PM

Oct 2007
So because he has a gun, Jouga can't do shit anymore? I see, I see. That is interesting despite he has only 4 bullets left. If it wasn't for Kaori, Sasaki would have owned everyone with his awesome GUN.

Oh and forgot about this one,
Kvakond said:
And since he only kidnapped the daughter of the town's leader aka the hunter, plus another kid, it was like noone thought of looking for him so he could operate in the shadows. He's a freaking mastermind I tell you.
Now I knew why Battler failed so bad in Umineko.

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Mar 19, 2010 1:08 PM
Apr 2009
the end.
next will be a "fanservice" I guess
cuz I see Nemuru entering hiroshi house, get dress into a bunny?
lolol
series was pretty decent, not impressed nor disappointed
anyway cmon everybody, cheer up !
Second Quarter of Anime is starting soon !
> > > Angel beats <<<<
Mar 19, 2010 1:43 PM
Mar 2009
Terrible episode. Sakaki failed. Honestly, I didn't see him failing that hard. After all the people he's killed, he hesitates to do in the one person that he should be focusing a majority if not all of his hate on?

Mid way through the series he was somewhat interesting to follow after his screen time started amounting to more than him angrily looking at Jouga from a distant mountain path.

I also found just about every character more interesting to follow than Hiro, who was more of a walking plot device than a protagonist. Even in the end he was useless. All around, this episode felt really rushed and just plain bad.

Last episode looks like a big "wut?". Hopefully it can give me some laughs so I can forget all the stupid crap that happened the past few episodes.
HaiShangMar 19, 2010 1:48 PM
Mar 19, 2010 1:59 PM

Jun 2009
I facepalmed, double facepalmed, headdesked, and laughed my ass off at this horrible trainwreck of an episode... thank god there is only one more episode left.
Mar 19, 2010 2:41 PM

Jun 2009
LadyOrihime said:

Read the VN Spoiler thread that I opened for general question, like what was up with Kaori, what was Hakurô Kanon, the relation between the wolfs and humans....it's the information-system of the VN translated into English.

If anyone wants a rough outline of the VNs plot, just send me a mail.

私が、探偵だからよ。
Mar 19, 2010 3:08 PM

Apr 2009
I am unsure if this was better or worse than Umineko. Overall lesson, be wary of future Ryukishi07 anime.
Mar 19, 2010 3:25 PM

Aug 2008
Mar 19, 2010 3:29 PM

Jul 2009
-Hei- said:
I facepalmed, double facepalmed, headdesked, and laughed my ass off at this horrible trainwreck of an episode... thank god there is only one more episode left.

+1
Mar 19, 2010 3:29 PM
Dec 2007
The direction was godawful and the animation dropped quite a bit since the first episode (not that it was great even at the time). I don't even know if this was some kind of lame ending since the plot went totally wrong at one point and everything was rushed like Hell in the last 2 or 3 episodes and made litterally no sense. Oh and why was it so cheesy again ? I'm still trying to figure what this anime was all about.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Mar 19, 2010 3:30 PM

Aug 2008
I'd say this was better because it wasn't as ambitious. Since it was so generic, it wasn't hard to follow (despite plot holes), making it less of an abject failure. But then, is that really a good thing?
Mar 19, 2010 3:57 PM

Apr 2008
As always with these animes.

"Oh hey lets send a group of kids to go stop an evil guy from destroying our homes. Especially those unarmed kids. And maybe some unarmed adults should accompany them. The rest of us can just wait here for the impending doom and gasp alot."
Mar 19, 2010 4:01 PM

Oct 2009
I liked the first few episodes of this, but something that could have been an interesting show about werewolves became a "Oh Noes, We Have To Stop Teh Bad Guy (TM) From Blowing Up Teh Dam" kinda thing in the end. What is up with that ? Also, the japanese give the title of "God" waaay too easy. A bullet does NOT kill a god.
SurferDudeMar 19, 2010 8:10 PM
Mar 19, 2010 5:07 PM

Jan 2009
Sasaki had good villain potential but yet he failed for not destroying the dam controls and not shooting Nemuru while he had a chance to do so. All in all this whole event could have been extended to 3 episodes at least.
Mar 19, 2010 5:15 PM
Dec 2007
Well that was awful.

Also, can someone translate what was written on the wrapping paper of the hassaku Kaname picked up?
Mar 19, 2010 5:21 PM

Apr 2009
rarri said:
Sakaki sucks.

THIS.

I agree. So much.
RandomPerson4 said:
YES! FUCK YOU LIGHT YAGAMI! FUCK YOU!!!!!!!
Mar 19, 2010 5:30 PM

Feb 2008
What crap did I just watch and why did I watch 11 episodes of it? Why is there another episode?

Ugh. It'll probably be fanservice too. But for completion's sake I'll watch it. ;A;
Mar 19, 2010 6:07 PM

Feb 2008
francismeunier said:
rarri said:
Sakaki sucks.
No....Sakaki should have been smarter to know to break those dam controls.....I still can't believe he never though of that......>_< How hard is it to get explosive when you can get a revolver.....guess the bullets could not be dodged in the end.

haha so true,I was like WTF they just pressed the button and everything is ok? i was also really disappointed with this ep, where was all of the buit up tension from the first few eps? where was the shock factor that i was expecting from this series? it wasn't bad but my expectations were to high for this series after such a great start :(
Mar 19, 2010 6:36 PM

Aug 2009
ah I loved the evil moments of Sakaki! i found myself grinning...
but then we had our good ending as always.. lol it was weird how they just pressed the buttons and everything went back to normal... i mean wtf? i don't think it is supposed to work like that! :P anyway... i can't say i dislike happy endings.. so yeah it wasn't that bad afterall.. just kinda rushed..
also i never had high hopes from this anime so i was able to pretty much enjoy this last episode.

And a big LOL! "loved" how the preview played, making it look so mysterious when the next episode will obviously be just fanservice..
“In a mad world, only the mad are sane.”Akira Kurosawa
Mar 19, 2010 7:19 PM

Aug 2009
Well, I still love Higurashi to death so not that one, but damn it, why can't we ever get a Ryukishi anime that doesn't fail in the last episodes.

This was like an abridged version of the VN. It felt like they didn't really know where they were going with anything at this point either. I admit, I liked the show until about...maybe two episodes ago. I really started not liking it.

The OST is amazing though. I'll give the anime that.

I guess this is how everybody feels about the show now.
Mar 19, 2010 7:42 PM
Mar 2010
People running around doing nothing when the cast was following Sakaki?
Clinche and dumb (my gosh, what is this? The end of the world? --well... I guess you can say that... haha)

Sakaki manically going insane with laughter after activating dam?
Clinche and dumb (and what's with the rolling chair? He freakin creeped me out with that lolol)

ONLY a couple houses getting smashed?
Dumb (and I thought it was awesome at first)

Sakaki leaving controls alone?
Dumb (there is no good antagonist here... cmon! Even Battler can do something better!)

Sakaki fighting with a dude?
Short-lived goodness, then dumb (wow, so they really can't dodge bullets)

Sakaki shooting Isuzu's leg?
Dumb (bad aim there, boya. But I'll give you a little kudos for trying)

People jumpin in to protect other people?
Clinche and dumb (cmon! We all know it's better for him to kill Hiroshi instead xP Let his disappearance make himself useful than useless)

Kaori coming out of the blue, accepting sins, taking the shot, then taking Sakaki into a mini cliff suicide?
Clinche and dumb (even using the idea of Higurashi's true end except with stupid twists)

Out of the blue happy ending?
Dumb (here I was hoping for the dam to kill everyone... boy, I was wrong)

Nemuru and Hiroshi getting intimately started?
Kudos (though character development is sorta ..ehhh and rushed)

Fanservice preview?
Kudos for the NemuruxHiroshi but what's with the costumes?

Episode in general? Dumb, rushed, and stupid ending, but kudos to NemuruxHiroshi

Overall, the series started out good, lacked speed, goes good again, and then smashes the head on the forehead. I understand the budget crisis situation, but ...gosh... this is a big BIG disappointment from R07 T^T Becoming a huge antithesis of Higurashi's first development (in other words, Ookami had good artwork, but horrible plotting, whereas Higurashi had a rather average artwork, but wonderful plotting). Anyways, I'll just watch episode 12 for the NemuruxHiroshi, then I'll be on my way ^^

xSummer said:
Also there was some small 'blushing' interaction between Nemuru & Hiroshi at the end which I liked.
I second that -thumbs up-
Mar 19, 2010 8:06 PM

Aug 2009
NO STEALING MAI CHIAKI SAMA TROLL FAEC ALLOWED

This anime is another greatest fail I've seen since umineko.

(ohhhh wait.)

Seriously, everything is soooo generic and so much hilarity instead of horror. Plot holes everywhere, predictable from the start.

yey.
Mar 19, 2010 8:31 PM

Aug 2009
ringoo4 said:
NO STEALING MAI CHIAKI SAMA TROLL FAEC ALLOWED

Lol. Fine then. I'll just use my Kusaka troll face.
Mar 19, 2010 10:41 PM

Oct 2009
Seeing that the next episode is like Kampfers OVA special and the main plot seeming to be finished. I thought the first 10 episodes were too long and the resolution rushed as hell.

I mean, cmon what the hell was that. How does a guy with no more than 4 bullets remaining fucking scare the shit out of a group of more than 8. You can't get a shittier antagonist than Sakaki. Remember the guy who rushed in and died from Sakaki's shot; he had more character than the rest of the males and was probably the only male character I liked because he had steel balls. I rather spend my time watching an anime about his most likely awesome life prior to his unforunate death. There's also Kaori coming out of nowhere and supposedly "drowning them" in which we don't even know if they're dead. It did not make her seem any more important in the minor role she had. It seems like it was something from Pokemon's Team Rocket.

Although Nemuru did manage to generate a few lulz there. +1 for Nemuru, -100 for Sakaki; I can't stand watching him.
AcidfartMar 20, 2010 9:21 AM
Mar 20, 2010 12:17 AM

Sep 2009
Overall I feel a bit let down. I didn't really like how they ended this episode.
Mar 20, 2010 12:21 AM

Oct 2009
noteDhero said:
(despite plot holes)
Hmmmm, let's see.....Sakaki being alive because he could survive that fall the way he fell into the water.....second season more Sakaki?

Mar 20, 2010 12:23 AM

Jun 2007
wow.....that was rushed. This series started out amazing but by the halfway point it just kind of died, what happened lol? I'm a bit disappointed that the show turned out the way it did :(. Seems like every new "Higurashi no Naku Koro ni" like show falls flat partway through.
Mar 20, 2010 2:02 AM

Jan 2009
seizonsha said:
LadyOrihime said:

Read the VN Spoiler thread that I opened for general question, like what was up with Kaori, what was Hakurô Kanon, the relation between the wolfs and humans....it's the information-system of the VN translated into English.

I read it...but I didn't see anything that tells what illness Kaori had (unless is was the aging thing?), nor why she looks exactly like Meiko :0/
Mar 20, 2010 2:08 AM

Jul 2008
i wonder if they realized if they spreaded out and made him use bullets he would have run out really quickly? also, that flood didn't seem as destructive as you would think
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
Mar 20, 2010 2:21 AM

Aug 2009
I feel bad for rating it 4/5.

I WANTED 3/5 DAMN IT.
Mar 20, 2010 3:00 AM

Feb 2009
I really feel like writing a fan ending now.. It's end could've been so much better..
I say; kill a few, romance and someone who beats the system (of the cleansing).
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ookami Kakushi Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Samu-tan - Mar 25, 2010

126 by superwaha »»
Dec 18, 2023 5:00 AM

Poll: » Ookami Kakushi Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Samu-tan - Feb 25, 2010

97 by Atavistic »»
Jul 21, 2023 2:55 PM

Poll: » Ookami Kakushi Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Rail_Tracer - Jan 20, 2010

187 by removed-user »»
Jul 20, 2021 11:07 PM

Poll: » Ookami Kakushi Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

francismeunier - Mar 11, 2010

112 by Nurguburu »»
Jun 24, 2021 9:13 PM

Poll: » Ookami Kakushi Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

francismeunier - Mar 4, 2010

74 by Nurguburu »»
Jun 24, 2021 7:46 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.