MyAnimeList.net

Anime Information
Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

So Ra No Wo To Episode 11 Discussion
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Anime Discussion »» Series Discussion »» So Ra No Wo To »» So Ra No Wo To Episode 11 Discussion

Pages (10) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
View Poll Results: So Ra No Wo To Episode 11 Discussion
5 out of 5: Loved it!

121 80.13%
4 out of 5: Liked it

20 13.25%
3 out of 5: It was OK

3 1.99%
2 out of 5: Disliked it

2 1.32%
1 out of 5: Hated it

5 3.31%
Voters: 151

03-16-10, 2:48 PM

Charliehsv said:
ringoo4 said:
Moe taint is too huge..
I find it funny how this show is too "moe tainted" for you, yet you have Higurashi and Bakemonogatari, who both have plenty of moe, in your favourites. Not bashing the the shows though since I love them both aswell.
You compared both of that to this and still don't get the difference? This... has the character designs of K-ON! and that's a major difference. Especially the changing tides of moods.

Perplex said:
I'll never understand the community scores. Sora no got a 7.34 so far and shit like...say Railgun nearly 8 *shrugs*)
It'll drop when the series is over. However, if Saten does own a few bitches with that bat, it should help the score. Ain't gonna happen though.

havsie said:
This show kinda pisses me off at times. Like I find the slice of life and their hilarious antics entertaining but for some reason I want to see more of the military background and the history of the world they live in.
The story is all over the goddamn place. The director tries way too hard to put moe in the mix of things and stall it for that matter. The ending has got to really spectacular to balance out all the bullshit in this series.

An Amazing Grace Remix should fix that.

03-16-10, 3:10 PM

Gainax ending here we come?

03-16-10, 3:59 PM

My defense on previous post is already done by noteDhero and Maximatum.

I don't even want to argue more on this unintelligent show.

I mean seriously, until the previous episode, there was only a senseless 'lol clues' of war which is forced and makes absolutely no sense. You guys call that 'war drama build up'? Chiaki sama laugh at this.

*chiakitrollfaecwtf.jpg*

noteDhero said:
Siva said:
That was so awesome, just awesome.

And the best part was after the Roman girl said "My grandmother was a soldier at the Time-Telling Fortress" and then everyone just start doing awesome shockingly facial expression while I didn't even get the reason why and not even after the episode ended.

Exactly. When Yumina said that the girl was talking about how everything about the end of the world etc. is completely different from what they know I just thought, "Sure. Why not try to be high brow and tackle how history is twisted by politics while also undermining the one thing that the show did right from a narrative perspective. Oh well, let's see where this garbage goes."
Oh god... why am I laughing so much at this.

noteDhero said:
I'm quite surprised (and a little aghas) that someone would compare this trash to Haibane Renmei, but maybe it's to be expected. There isn't a single good character or plot point about this show, and I think everyone made it clear what/who it was going for with the random boob grab and titty sucking talk.

The show is disgustingly pandering, and that people honestly don't notice it astounds me.
Totally agree.

Haibane renmei kept its mystery and claming-bittersweet mood from the start to the end, with very clever way without moe taint hole that disconnects the well going theme. Cause and effect relationship in sora whatever doesn't make fuckin sense.

I did not expect something like clever Baccano level connection for this anime. I just want sense. This garbage doesn't have it.
Modified by ringoo4, 03-16-10, 4:28 PM

03-16-10, 6:15 PM

Holy-
This anime turned from Happy Prancing girls to War and Pain in a single episode. Dx

I was somewhat expecting this, but I never thought they'd be able to pull this off so well...I WANT MORE!

I want Rio back too D: Missing her already!
Bleed for me.

03-16-10, 6:24 PM

While this is definitely nothing ilke Baccano, or complete moe/funny factor K-On, this anime does have its potential. I really like the background story (the first ep got me hooked...or rather, the remains of that giant beast/angel thing got me intrigued)
And after ~10 episodes, I finally got what I wanted - an actually war-related episode! And finally a flashback of that huge beast remains!

I'm curious how they are gonna end this. My opinion on this anime is quite biased though, since I love the OP song to death (kalafina <3)
Sigh, this anime is ending soon, so is Railgun (I want to see Saten-san bash that psycho bitch but that's only wishful thinking...)

There's only Durarara(<333) left...

03-16-10, 6:28 PM

noteDhero,
I'm very surprised that for someone that doesn't like the show and calls it trash all the time you actually still watch it...
This show has many similarities wit HR and DC...Why? Well because there are always two girls who are the main protagonists and one is a gentile girl (Yasako) and the other brave girl (Isako)... The one is cheerful and the other one burdened with a terrible past...
Now ( and I guaranty this to you) if you just stop watching "this trash" you won't feel so annoyed by it... And we won’t feel so annoyed by you’re constant bitching…

03-16-10, 6:44 PM

Hello RinM,
I see you are new to teh internets and forums. In-case you didn't know, this is a place to post opinions about what you don't like in said animu. What's it like in your life filled with unicorns and rainbows because you find someone's personal opinion offensive?

Leave that shit for religion.

03-16-10, 6:46 PM

RinM,
Part of your gripes are addressed in this post I made over a year ago.

As for your defense of the comparisons between Haibane Renmei and DC (what is this? I don't feel like searching back to figure it out) I just disagree. So what if the main characters are similar (and honestly, I don't think I can even agree with that, but then it's been 3 years), the shows are almost totally different in every other aspect. The biggest difference is tone. Despite all the cheeriness that went on during HR, there was always an edge of darkness that was evident in every aspect of production. There were secrets lending mystery to the wall and the forest, the pallet of the show was a somber brown with black, and those last few episodes were full of atmosphere that Sora no Woto tries for only a tenth of to sucker in viewers. If you want to call the leads similar, fine, I can't argue there because I don't remember. But trying to link the shows because of two characters is off base to me. I still think that of every show I've seen, SnW is most similar to K-On, but I'll also admit that depending on what happens, that might not be such a case. I suppose I could compare this to Munto TV also...
Modified by noteDhero, 03-16-10, 6:50 PM

03-16-10, 6:55 PM

I felt the ED did not fit with the mood of the episode haha.

This is probably the first time in this show I am actually interested in what will happen next - and I want to know about Noel's past, and the different interpretation of the Maidens of Fire legend.

03-16-10, 7:16 PM

All I have to say is... WOW... complete departure from the cute and moe.. to now.. the war that's been coming in slowly but surely. I think Felicia and the gals are going to definitely regret their decision. --- Randy

03-16-10, 7:23 PM

noteDhero said:
DC (what is this? I don't feel like searching back to figure it out)
I have very bad feeling that he is referring Da Capo.

If he is.... chiaki-sama has another thing to mock.

edited: wait, it can be even Dennou Coil or Detective Conan. lololol
Modified by ringoo4, 03-16-10, 7:28 PM

03-16-10, 7:35 PM

noteDhero said:

Perplex said:

War drama build up started ages ago. And despite some unnecessary slice of life, especially in episode 8, there was a generally story build up through the whole series.
If by build up you mean one Felicia flashback that is almost totally detached from everything, Rio randomly leaving last week, and the cryptic phone call during Kanata's pee pee episode, then sure, it's been building up for a long time.

well there was some forshadowing (the peace talk, Rio), the last two episodes showed us the conflict getting started and in the next (last?) one we will see it climaxing.

As far as I can see Sora no Woto is/was a fairly decent show, which had its ups and downs. (and to prevent misunderstandings here: Konata wetting herself in a used Pretty Cure costum was undisputable on the "down"-side)

03-16-10, 7:43 PM

What a powerful episode compared to the others. I really cannot say more than what was already said, this forum filled up fast, but I was watching this anime because based upon the genres I like, there was nothing really for me to watch this season, and this anime turned from a slice of girls life-ish to something more serious in just those 20 minutes. Cliffhanger too. Totally wonder what's going to happen next. If Noel got hurt I'm gonna set something on fire

03-16-10, 8:21 PM

Maximatum99 said:
Charliehsv said:
ringoo4 said:
Moe taint is too huge..
I find it funny how this show is too "moe tainted" for you, yet you have Higurashi and Bakemonogatari, who both have plenty of moe, in your favourites. Not bashing the the shows though since I love them both aswell.
You compared both of that to this and still don't get the difference? This... has the character designs of K-ON! and that's a major difference. Especially the changing tides of moods.

That's it? STILL hung up on the character design? So because it shares K-On!'s charter design it' gets too "tainted by moe"?
If you mean that by the difference of the shows, then yes I notice it, but I fail to see why that would be a relevant argument.
Moe is moe, K-On! designs or otherwise.

I'll agree about the mood swings and parts which are totally unecessary (Kanata wetting herself, Felicia's boob talk come to mind) and I absolutely hate how the ED ruins the mood after the more serious episodes.

03-16-10, 8:22 PM

ringoo4 said:

If he is.... chiaki-sama has another thing to mock.

edited: wait, it can be even Dennou Coil or Detective Conan. lololol

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!! Oh man, his faces in that were something else.

It might be Dennou Coil. If it is, then I'd have to utterly disagree there also, but at least I see the pattern he's trying to draw with the characters.

Perplex said:

well there was some forshadowing (the peace talk, Rio), the last two episodes showed us the conflict getting started and in the next (last?) one we will see it climaxing.

As far as I can see Sora no Woto is/was a fairly decent show, which had its ups and downs. (and to prevent misunderstandings here: Konata wetting herself in a used Pretty Cure costum was undisputable on the "down"-side)

The thing is though...when the characters aren't even bothered to know what's going on with the peace talks, why should I even care? Some villager asked a question a while ago, and Kanata didn't know, but that's no surprise here, she's a dipshit. Kureha didn't know, and even Mugi seemed to be a little wish-washy on the details if I remember correctly. Sure, I thought, "well, they're clearly trying to drop a hint," but it failed because no one cared and it's their job to care.

The writers just don't know what they're doing. Like I said, nothing feels fresh about the show, and the one solid thing they did that held my attention for more than a minute (maiden's of fire) is currently being called into question.

03-16-10, 8:36 PM

Charliehsv said:
Maximatum99 said:
That's it? STILL hung up on the character design? So because it shares K-On!'s charter design it' gets too "tainted by moe"?
If you mean that by the difference of the shows, then yes I notice it, but I fail to see why that would be a relevant argument.

I'll agree about the mood swings and parts which are totally unecessary (Kanata wetting herself, Felicia's boob talk come to mind) and I absolutely hate how the ED ruins the mood after the more serious episodes.
No, I don't care if the character designs are from K-ON! it's just the magnitude of moe to fit the themes involved with the characters. The argument of "moe is moe" is flawed. In Higurashi, the deception and sanity twists of personality works well, especially for the calm before the storm.

When I meant "tides of moods" I meant it metaphorically to the plot.

03-16-10, 8:45 PM

(And as a side note: I'll never understand the community scores. Sora no got a 7.34 so far and shit like...say Railgun nearly 8 *shrugs*)

FWIW, after the episode in which Kanata had to go pee really, really badly, I lowered my score by 1. That was the second episode in a row that I felt was a waste. If the home stretch fulfills the promise of this episode, then I'll vote upward.

So many of these short series waste episodes that they can't afford to spare.

03-16-10, 8:53 PM

Charliehsv said:
I guess there was some misunderstandings. I do not hate moe, actually most of the time I love it; only real moe anime I hated is K-On. But in this anime, it just doesn't fit. That's why I used the word 'tainted', not saying it is 'bad'. The flow of this anime is completely ruined by frequent use of very unnecessary pointless fan-services.

I agree this though. I mean seriously; K-On drawing, pee jokes, pantsu shots and now, we have boob grabs and dirty yuri talk, yet people are still debating about this anime being similar to Haibane.

03-16-10, 8:56 PM

Maximatum99 said:
Charliehsv said:
Maximatum99 said:

No, I don't care if the character designs are from K-ON! it's just the magnitude of moe to fit the themes involved with the characters. The argument of "moe is moe" is flawed. In Higurashi, the deception and sanity twists of personality works well, especially for the calm before the storm.

When I meant "tides of moods" I meant it metaphorically to the plot.

Well, this is where it boils down to opinion I guess. I'm personally not bothered by the mix of moe and war, and if you can't get over that it's probably hard to enjoy the show.
(dropped the higurashi part for now, wrong thread. I'll pst a comment later when I have time...I'm about to miss the train. XD)

03-16-10, 10:01 PM

shit's getting serious, i liked this episode.

Pages (10) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices