Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Mar 16, 2010 12:22 PM

Oct 2007
That was so awesome, just awesome.

And the best part was after the Roman girl said "My grandmother was a soldier at the Time-Telling Fortress" and then everyone just start doing awesome shockingly facial expression while I didn't even get the reason why and not even after the episode ended.

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Mar 16, 2010 12:48 PM

May 2008
Lots of development now and also finally all the things will connect. I wonder what happened in the end...?
Though the ending song truly ruined the mood :/
Mar 16, 2010 1:00 PM

Jun 2009
ariba said:
Im kind of confused...
Aisha is speaking German but is supposed to be a Soldier of the roman empire

All Seize is speaking japanese and they say that they're speaking Helvetian. don't be confused...
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Mar 16, 2010 1:16 PM

Aug 2009
ariba said:
Im kind of confused...
Aisha is speaking German but is supposed to be a Soldier of the roman empire?
The colour of her skin and also the dot on her forehead are looking like indian, wtf?

It's the future. Weird shit like that happens >,<
Mar 16, 2010 1:17 PM

Jan 2010
This show kinda pisses me off at times. Like I find the slice of life and their hilarious antics entertaining but for some reason I want to see more of the military background and the history of the world they live in. It seems that each episode they piece more and more together however I felt it wasn't enough...it's a shame there's only one more episode, if this was a 24 episode show they could have gone a lot further in the history and plot behind it.
Ok™
Mar 16, 2010 1:29 PM

Jan 2008
garfield15 said:
ariba said:
Im kind of confused...
Aisha is speaking German but is supposed to be a Soldier of the roman empire?
The colour of her skin and also the dot on her forehead are looking like indian, wtf?

It's the future. Weird shit like that happens >,<

It's an alternate Europe, just like in Valkyria Chronicles, where they've mixt some cultural specifics together.
PerplexMar 16, 2010 1:34 PM
Mar 16, 2010 1:36 PM

Aug 2008
Plate said:
I like where this is goi-
>tit grab
>Felicia saying dirty things
I hate you, Japan.

ringoo4 said:
Still, doesn't make sense. A bit to late for war drama. Moe taint is too huge. Bob grab was totally unnecessary and fan-service-wise.

Yes. Yes. Yes.
Perplex said:

War drama build up started ages ago. And despite some unnecessary slice of life, especially in episode 8, there was a generally story build up through the whole series.

If by build up you mean one Felicia flashback that is almost totally detached from everything, Rio randomly leaving last week, and the cryptic phone call during Kanata's pee pee episode, then sure, it's been building up for a long time.

Siva said:

And the best part was after the Roman girl said "My grandmother was a soldier at the Time-Telling Fortress" and then everyone just start doing awesome shockingly facial expression while I didn't even get the reason why and not even after the episode ended.

Exactly. When Yumina said that the girl was talking about how everything about the end of the world etc. is completely different from what they know I just thought, "Sure. Why not try to be high brow and tackle how history is twisted by politics while also undermining the one thing that the show did right from a narrative perspective. Oh well, let's see where this garbage goes."

I'm quite surprised (and a little aghas) that someone would compare this trash to Haibane Renmei, but maybe it's to be expected. There isn't a single good character or plot point about this show, and I think everyone made it clear what/who it was going for with the random boob grab and titty sucking talk.

The show is disgustingly pandering, and that people honestly don't notice it astounds me.
noteDheroMar 16, 2010 1:43 PM
Mar 16, 2010 1:39 PM

May 2008
BOOBS.

And Filicia...that was just lawlz. Saying all this perverted stuff since that poor girl doesn't understand her xDD

But damn. Looks like shit's getting serious now.

Mar 16, 2010 2:28 PM

Oct 2009
noteDhero said:
There isn't a single good character or plot point about this show, and I think everyone made it clear what/who it was going for with the random boob grab and titty sucking talk.
Exactly this....it could have been something else and it could have been better done to appeal.

In spoiler my anime list for now.
Mar 16, 2010 2:48 PM

Nov 2008
Charliehsv said:
ringoo4 said:
Moe taint is too huge..
I find it funny how this show is too "moe tainted" for you, yet you have Higurashi and Bakemonogatari, who both have plenty of moe, in your favourites. Not bashing the the shows though since I love them both aswell.
You compared both of that to this and still don't get the difference? This... has the character designs of K-ON! and that's a major difference. Especially the changing tides of moods.

Perplex said:
I'll never understand the community scores. Sora no got a 7.34 so far and shit like...say Railgun nearly 8 *shrugs*)
It'll drop when the series is over. However, if Saten does own a few bitches with that bat, it should help the score. Ain't gonna happen though.

havsie said:
This show kinda pisses me off at times. Like I find the slice of life and their hilarious antics entertaining but for some reason I want to see more of the military background and the history of the world they live in.
The story is all over the goddamn place. The director tries way too hard to put moe in the mix of things and stall it for that matter. The ending has got to really spectacular to balance out all the bullshit in this series.

An Amazing Grace Remix should fix that.
Mar 16, 2010 3:10 PM
Nov 2009
Gainax ending here we come?
Mar 16, 2010 3:59 PM

Aug 2009
My defense on previous post is already done by noteDhero and Maximatum.

I don't even want to argue more on this unintelligent show.

I mean seriously, until the previous episode, there was only a senseless 'lol clues' of war which is forced and makes absolutely no sense. You guys call that 'war drama build up'? Chiaki sama laugh at this.

*chiakitrollfaecwtf.jpg*

noteDhero said:
Siva said:

Exactly. When Yumina said that the girl was talking about how everything about the end of the world etc. is completely different from what they know I just thought, "Sure. Why not try to be high brow and tackle how history is twisted by politics while also undermining the one thing that the show did right from a narrative perspective. Oh well, let's see where this garbage goes."
Oh god... why am I laughing so much at this.

noteDhero said:
I'm quite surprised (and a little aghas) that someone would compare this trash to Haibane Renmei, but maybe it's to be expected. There isn't a single good character or plot point about this show, and I think everyone made it clear what/who it was going for with the random boob grab and titty sucking talk.

The show is disgustingly pandering, and that people honestly don't notice it astounds me.
Totally agree.

Haibane renmei kept its mystery and claming-bittersweet mood from the start to the end, with very clever way without moe taint hole that disconnects the well going theme. Cause and effect relationship in sora whatever doesn't make fuckin sense.

I did not expect something like clever Baccano level connection for this anime. I just want sense. This garbage doesn't have it.
ringoo4Mar 16, 2010 4:28 PM
Mar 16, 2010 6:15 PM

Jul 2008
Holy-
This anime turned from Happy Prancing girls to War and Pain in a single episode. Dx

I was somewhat expecting this, but I never thought they'd be able to pull this off so well...I WANT MORE!

I want Rio back too D: Missing her already!
Bleed for me.

Mar 16, 2010 6:24 PM

Aug 2009
While this is definitely nothing ilke Baccano, or complete moe/funny factor K-On, this anime does have its potential. I really like the background story (the first ep got me hooked...or rather, the remains of that giant beast/angel thing got me intrigued)
And after ~10 episodes, I finally got what I wanted - an actually war-related episode! And finally a flashback of that huge beast remains!

I'm curious how they are gonna end this. My opinion on this anime is quite biased though, since I love the OP song to death (kalafina <3)
Sigh, this anime is ending soon, so is Railgun (I want to see Saten-san bash that psycho bitch but that's only wishful thinking...)

There's only Durarara(<333) left...

Mar 16, 2010 6:28 PM

Jun 2009
noteDhero,
I'm very surprised that for someone that doesn't like the show and calls it trash all the time you actually still watch it...
This show has many similarities wit HR and DC...Why? Well because there are always two girls who are the main protagonists and one is a gentile girl (Yasako) and the other brave girl (Isako)... The one is cheerful and the other one burdened with a terrible past...
Now ( and I guaranty this to you) if you just stop watching "this trash" you won't feel so annoyed by it... And we won’t feel so annoyed by you’re constant bitching…
The spring I met you,

The spring without you.
Mar 16, 2010 6:44 PM

Nov 2008
Hello RinM,
I see you are new to teh internets and forums. In-case you didn't know, this is a place to post opinions about what you don't like in said animu. What's it like in your life filled with unicorns and rainbows because you find someone's personal opinion offensive?

Leave that shit for religion.
Mar 16, 2010 6:46 PM

Aug 2008
RinM,
Part of your gripes are addressed in this post I made over a year ago.

As for your defense of the comparisons between Haibane Renmei and DC (what is this? I don't feel like searching back to figure it out) I just disagree. So what if the main characters are similar (and honestly, I don't think I can even agree with that, but then it's been 3 years), the shows are almost totally different in every other aspect. The biggest difference is tone. Despite all the cheeriness that went on during HR, there was always an edge of darkness that was evident in every aspect of production. There were secrets lending mystery to the wall and the forest, the pallet of the show was a somber brown with black, and those last few episodes were full of atmosphere that Sora no Woto tries for only a tenth of to sucker in viewers. If you want to call the leads similar, fine, I can't argue there because I don't remember. But trying to link the shows because of two characters is off base to me. I still think that of every show I've seen, SnW is most similar to K-On, but I'll also admit that depending on what happens, that might not be such a case. I suppose I could compare this to Munto TV also...
noteDheroMar 16, 2010 6:50 PM
Mar 16, 2010 6:55 PM

Jul 2008
I felt the ED did not fit with the mood of the episode haha.

This is probably the first time in this show I am actually interested in what will happen next - and I want to know about Noel's past, and the different interpretation of the Maidens of Fire legend.
Mar 16, 2010 7:16 PM

Mar 2009
All I have to say is... WOW... complete departure from the cute and moe.. to now.. the war that's been coming in slowly but surely. I think Felicia and the gals are going to definitely regret their decision. --- Randy
Mar 16, 2010 7:23 PM

Aug 2009
noteDhero said:
DC (what is this? I don't feel like searching back to figure it out)
I have very bad feeling that he is referring Da Capo.

If he is.... chiaki-sama has another thing to mock.

edited: wait, it can be even Dennou Coil or Detective Conan. lololol
ringoo4Mar 16, 2010 7:28 PM
Mar 16, 2010 7:35 PM

Jan 2008
noteDhero said:

Perplex said:

War drama build up started ages ago. And despite some unnecessary slice of life, especially in episode 8, there was a generally story build up through the whole series.
If by build up you mean one Felicia flashback that is almost totally detached from everything, Rio randomly leaving last week, and the cryptic phone call during Kanata's pee pee episode, then sure, it's been building up for a long time.

well there was some forshadowing (the peace talk, Rio), the last two episodes showed us the conflict getting started and in the next (last?) one we will see it climaxing.

As far as I can see Sora no Woto is/was a fairly decent show, which had its ups and downs. (and to prevent misunderstandings here: Konata wetting herself in a used Pretty Cure costum was undisputable on the "down"-side)
Mar 16, 2010 7:43 PM
Mar 2009
What a powerful episode compared to the others. I really cannot say more than what was already said, this forum filled up fast, but I was watching this anime because based upon the genres I like, there was nothing really for me to watch this season, and this anime turned from a slice of girls life-ish to something more serious in just those 20 minutes. Cliffhanger too. Totally wonder what's going to happen next. If Noel got hurt I'm gonna set something on fire
Mar 16, 2010 8:21 PM

Dec 2007
Maximatum99 said:
Charliehsv said:
ringoo4 said:
Moe taint is too huge..
I find it funny how this show is too "moe tainted" for you, yet you have Higurashi and Bakemonogatari, who both have plenty of moe, in your favourites. Not bashing the the shows though since I love them both aswell.
You compared both of that to this and still don't get the difference? This... has the character designs of K-ON! and that's a major difference. Especially the changing tides of moods.

That's it? STILL hung up on the character design? So because it shares K-On!'s charter design it' gets too "tainted by moe"?
If you mean that by the difference of the shows, then yes I notice it, but I fail to see why that would be a relevant argument.
Moe is moe, K-On! designs or otherwise.

I'll agree about the mood swings and parts which are totally unecessary (Kanata wetting herself, Felicia's boob talk come to mind) and I absolutely hate how the ED ruins the mood after the more serious episodes.
Mar 16, 2010 8:22 PM

Aug 2008
ringoo4 said:

If he is.... chiaki-sama has another thing to mock.

edited: wait, it can be even Dennou Coil or Detective Conan. lololol

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!! Oh man, his faces in that were something else.

It might be Dennou Coil. If it is, then I'd have to utterly disagree there also, but at least I see the pattern he's trying to draw with the characters.

Perplex said:

well there was some forshadowing (the peace talk, Rio), the last two episodes showed us the conflict getting started and in the next (last?) one we will see it climaxing.

As far as I can see Sora no Woto is/was a fairly decent show, which had its ups and downs. (and to prevent misunderstandings here: Konata wetting herself in a used Pretty Cure costum was undisputable on the "down"-side)

The thing is though...when the characters aren't even bothered to know what's going on with the peace talks, why should I even care? Some villager asked a question a while ago, and Kanata didn't know, but that's no surprise here, she's a dipshit. Kureha didn't know, and even Mugi seemed to be a little wish-washy on the details if I remember correctly. Sure, I thought, "well, they're clearly trying to drop a hint," but it failed because no one cared and it's their job to care.

The writers just don't know what they're doing. Like I said, nothing feels fresh about the show, and the one solid thing they did that held my attention for more than a minute (maiden's of fire) is currently being called into question.
Mar 16, 2010 8:36 PM

Nov 2008
Charliehsv said:
Maximatum99 said:
That's it? STILL hung up on the character design? So because it shares K-On!'s charter design it' gets too "tainted by moe"?
If you mean that by the difference of the shows, then yes I notice it, but I fail to see why that would be a relevant argument.

I'll agree about the mood swings and parts which are totally unecessary (Kanata wetting herself, Felicia's boob talk come to mind) and I absolutely hate how the ED ruins the mood after the more serious episodes.
No, I don't care if the character designs are from K-ON! it's just the magnitude of moe to fit the themes involved with the characters. The argument of "moe is moe" is flawed. In Higurashi, the deception and sanity twists of personality works well, especially for the calm before the storm.

When I meant "tides of moods" I meant it metaphorically to the plot.
Mar 16, 2010 8:45 PM

Jan 2010
(And as a side note: I'll never understand the community scores. Sora no got a 7.34 so far and shit like...say Railgun nearly 8 *shrugs*)

FWIW, after the episode in which Kanata had to go pee really, really badly, I lowered my score by 1. That was the second episode in a row that I felt was a waste. If the home stretch fulfills the promise of this episode, then I'll vote upward.

So many of these short series waste episodes that they can't afford to spare.
Mar 16, 2010 8:53 PM

Aug 2009
Charliehsv said:
I guess there was some misunderstandings. I do not hate moe, actually most of the time I love it; only real moe anime I hated is K-On. But in this anime, it just doesn't fit. That's why I used the word 'tainted', not saying it is 'bad'. The flow of this anime is completely ruined by frequent use of very unnecessary pointless fan-services.

I agree this though. I mean seriously; K-On drawing, pee jokes, pantsu shots and now, we have boob grabs and dirty yuri talk, yet people are still debating about this anime being similar to Haibane.
Mar 16, 2010 8:56 PM

Dec 2007
Maximatum99 said:
Charliehsv said:
Maximatum99 said:

No, I don't care if the character designs are from K-ON! it's just the magnitude of moe to fit the themes involved with the characters. The argument of "moe is moe" is flawed. In Higurashi, the deception and sanity twists of personality works well, especially for the calm before the storm.

When I meant "tides of moods" I meant it metaphorically to the plot.

Well, this is where it boils down to opinion I guess. I'm personally not bothered by the mix of moe and war, and if you can't get over that it's probably hard to enjoy the show.
(dropped the higurashi part for now, wrong thread. I'll pst a comment later when I have time...I'm about to miss the train. XD)
Mar 16, 2010 10:01 PM

Oct 2007
shit's getting serious, i liked this episode.
Mar 16, 2010 10:07 PM

Feb 2008
Woah, more actual plot. :o

Poor Noel-chan. I'm pretty sure she was manipulated into creating something that would kill all those Romans. I wasn't surprised that Felicia decided to hide Aisha. I wonder who got shot at the end of the episode?

So are we gonna have a full battle within the next few episodes? I do hope so.

Also, was Aisha speaking German?
Mar 16, 2010 11:23 PM

Sep 2008
I knew Caulder would appear eventually.

This means in the next episode Filicia will take command and the enemy commander will be a loli. Fortunately, the Great Owl will only target one area at this point. But since there are only 2 episodes left things will have to be rushed a bit. Hopefully, "Sweet corn casserole! They have freakin' ROCKETS! Permission to engage, sir!" will make it in.

This also confirms Kanata x Noel ending.
Mar 17, 2010 1:08 AM

Feb 2010
No Rio makes me cry...

but I guess this episode was still good.

Mar 17, 2010 2:50 AM
Apr 2009
How am I going to take this show seriously when it's so quick to use fanservice?

Fuck this show.
Mar 17, 2010 4:02 AM

Apr 2009
The dirty talk was understandable, but the random boob grab was kinda eh.

Also, I honestly don't care if everything stopped making sense after "YOU HERETIC, END OF THE WORLD ANGEL DOESN'T EXIST!". It was entertaining.

-edit-

Worst use of an ED song since Clannad After Story episode 16.
AmarrezMar 17, 2010 4:08 AM
Mar 17, 2010 4:19 AM

Jun 2008
keitorin said:
Also, was Aisha speaking German?
It was Germanic, that's for sure. I couldn't tell if it was 100% German. When I was thinking Roman either Latin or Italian immediately came to mind, UNLESS they were referring to the area the original Holy Roman Empire covered. Map of HRE:

Thus speaking German wouldn't be unfounded.

Now as for Helvatia, the only thing I thought of was the font. Otherwise Helvatia is the female personifcation of Switzerland (much like Uncle Sam is to the US). Even the Swiss could speak German in it's nothern borders.
What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?

Mar 17, 2010 4:44 AM

Oct 2008
Sunlone said:
How am I going to take this show seriously when it's so quick to use fanservice?

Fuck this show.

Well to A-1 Pictures' defense, at least when Noel groped that roman soldier's breasts, there wasn't any jiggly/bubbly sound effect that you would usually here whenever any breast scene is mentioned as a way to cue the "perverted moment." Not that you have to agree with me on that, but I just figured mentioning that would soften the blow of the fanservice thing. And I normally don't defend fanservice either *laughes*, though Sora no Woto surprisingly uses minimal and is subtle when using it.

Also I'm just curious about everyone having a beef with the show for probably "milking" the plot. I'm not here to knock anybody off for thinking that or anything, but I do wonder if expecting steady plot development has anything to do with watching the show on a weekly basis and not knowing how exactly the show is going to end. Or that maybe we didn't have any vague understanding of the plot to begin with and that many are frusturated watching this show week-by-week, not even having an idea as to where it could go (I know that at least bothered me a bit)? I mean I don't really know, I'm just wondering.
Mar 17, 2010 5:17 AM

Feb 2009
Just when I thought this show was going nowhere, they throw this at us. Damn, they sure know how to keep you interested.

A plot-heavy episode that makes this show a bit more serious again. It seems that orthodoxes and catholics have different interpretation concerning the giant "bird" that "brought apocalypse". I wonder if that thing is some kind of alien or biologic weapon.

Seeing a nice girl like Felicia talking dirty to test that Roman soldier's reaction was quite funny. Speaking of which, why does an seemingly Indian girl from Rome speak German? Oh well, I give up, this is Sora no Woto after all.

Here's hoping we get to see some WAR next time.
Mar 17, 2010 5:50 AM

Jun 2009
noteDhero said:
RinM,
Part of your gripes are addressed in this post I made over a year ago.

As for your defense of the comparisons between Haibane Renmei and DC (what is this? I don't feel like searching back to figure it out) I just disagree. So what if the main characters are similar (and honestly, I don't think I can even agree with that, but then it's been 3 years), the shows are almost totally different in every other aspect. The biggest difference is tone. Despite all the cheeriness that went on during HR, there was always an edge of darkness that was evident in every aspect of production. There were secrets lending mystery to the wall and the forest, the pallet of the show was a somber brown with black, and those last few episodes were full of atmosphere that Sora no Woto tries for only a tenth of to sucker in viewers. If you want to call the leads similar, fine, I can't argue there because I don't remember. But trying to link the shows because of two characters is off base to me. I still think that of every show I've seen, SnW is most similar to K-On, but I'll also admit that depending on what happens, that might not be such a case. I suppose I could compare this to Munto TV also...

Ah you got a point in some of those, but then again you are a hypocrite since you stated that you don't get why people can't be civilized and then again you aren't either...I personally don't really care if you don't like the show...but it is extremely annoying when you call some anime trash just because you don't like it or don't understand it...It is true that So ra No is a show that could be carried out much, much, much beater but than again compared to what we had the last couple of season I would say that it's one of the beater ones...

Now as for comparison I did mean Dennou Coil...And if you thought I was referring that HR, DC and So ra no are of equal quality, than you are wrong... You might say Haibane was always dark and it certainly is darker then DC or SRNWT but all in all the stories went for the same plot twist(not shore about SRNWT yet) but one girl saves the other from her troubles with her kindness...When Kanata gave her support to Riu the last episode I just thought of Haibane.. The similarity (for me at least) ends there...

Maximatum99,
kid, maybe I should teach you about a few things in life :D
The spring I met you,

The spring without you.
Mar 17, 2010 6:05 AM

Nov 2008
RinM said:
Maximatum99,
kid, maybe I should teach you about a few things in life :D
True, true. The more you know...
Mar 17, 2010 7:45 AM
Jun 2008
Nowadays, people now start to compare between present and past anime.What next?? Older generation give up on present anime and start clinging with old anime??I guess in every generation even now, my grandfather still clinging to old movie and refuse to face the present entertainment.Most Old anime its better than new,but thats a terrible fact that i hate to admit .If you don't like watch it,then Evolve to be able to watch it please....
Mar 17, 2010 8:19 AM

Oct 2007
gloryfy said:
Nowadays, people now start to compare between present and past anime.What next?? Older generation give up on present anime and start clinging with old anime??I guess in every generation even now, my grandfather still clinging to old movie and refuse to face the present entertainment.Most Old anime its better than new,but thats a terrible fact that i hate to admit .If you don't like watch it,then Evolve to be able to watch it please....

Congratulation, you have missed every point in this discussion, THANKS YOU.

Mar 17, 2010 8:27 AM
Jun 2008
Siva said:

Well my discussion is vague(panoramic view)to the reply on the statement above and this is one of the reason i don't make a quote on anyone(for this time).It doesn't really matter,think it as rubbish if you like >.<
MorningGloryMar 17, 2010 8:31 AM
Mar 17, 2010 8:31 AM

Oct 2009
RinM said:
noteDhero,
I'm very surprised that for someone that doesn't like the show and calls it trash all the time you actually still watch it...
This show has many similarities wit HR and DC...Why? Well because there are always two girls who are the main protagonists and one is a gentile girl (Yasako) and the other brave girl (Isako)... The one is cheerful and the other one burdened with a terrible past...
Now ( and I guaranty this to you) if you just stop watching "this trash" you won't feel so annoyed by it... And we won’t feel so annoyed by you’re constant bitching…

I am sorry but allow me to butt in so to speak....noteDhero is considered a good friend of mines and his bitching as you say is quite smart.....he shows his standards, his opinions and his viewing experience into smart arguing....not to mention his bitching brings one key aspect outlining the negative aspects of any show but also showing its merits at the best points in logical senses.....should noteDhero miss something due to memory or such we point it out to him and most of times if he needs to......he changes his opinion about that.....now regarding this show he is right about its similarities to other ones and most of all his comparing is also right from what I have seen so far when it was applicable even though sometimes we do not agree......I don't need to stress it out if there is no merit.....such as I find this show cute or things like I liked this but noteDhero does not.....point being he is a very logical and I regard his opinions as a good view of the bad points in any discussion he is at.....

Mar 17, 2010 8:37 AM

Aug 2009
... what?...

RinM said:

Ah you got a point in some of those, but then again you are a hypocrite since you stated that you don't get why people can't be civilized and then again you aren't either...I personally don't really care if you don't like the show...but it is extremely annoying when you call some anime trash just because you don't like it or don't understand it...It is true that So ra No is a show that could be carried out much, much, much beater but than again compared to what we had the last couple of season I would say that it's one of the beater ones...
You look so gorgeous there. noteDhero is hypocrite for that reason? What an ass. We all understand everything about this anime 'very clearly', even more clearly than you. If we don't like the anime, we can call it trash. If you hate hearing, do more internet.

RinM said:
Now as for comparison I did mean Dennou Coil...And if you thought I was referring that HR, DC and So ra no are of equal quality, than you are wrong... You might say Haibane was always dark and it certainly is darker then DC or SRNWT but all in all the stories went for the same plot twist(not shore about SRNWT yet) but one girl saves the other from her troubles with her kindness...When Kanata gave her support to Riu the last episode I just thought of Haibane.. The similarity (for me at least) ends there...
noteDhero is 'wrong', because you have different opinion with him?... Did you cook your logics somewhere?... Plus, I don't even think you've ever read what noteDhero said. There is critical difference between the mood flow of Haibane and Sora no woto. Haibane never had boob grabs, panty shots, or pee jokes. Sora no woto does. Haibane never had senseless development on its et al. Sora no woto does. Haibane never had such a shallow and undeveloped characters, but instead had complex psychological developments on character's mind. In Sora no woto? All the characters are practically DEAD in terms of their characteristics.

And, I'm sure that you will go against me again, and say something like 'no lolol you are WRONG becos I dun think like that', do freakin more internet.

gloryfy said:
We never compared. Others compared this show with Haibane first, and I just tried to disprove it. You seem like you tried to be intelligent, but end up listing some very nonsensical reasons. Seriously, even if I never knew haibane renmei, my opinion on this show would've never been changed.

As I have been said million times, the problem is frequently dislocation of the story from its actual theme, which ultimately the ruins well-going mood sooo badly. Also, plot doesn't make 'sense'. In the last episode, Rio suddenly left without any foreshadowing or clear contextualization, now German fell from sky and guys who Noel hates suddenly rushed all in to the village without a single relevance. It's very unintelligent treatment.

This is common reason why certain people is disliking this anime. Know this first, and give us some evidence why this anime is so good. You guys are just listing 'omg hating anime is no good no good', without actually trying to explain opinion of yourself.
ringoo4Mar 17, 2010 8:50 AM
Mar 17, 2010 8:43 AM

Oct 2007
gloryfy said:
Siva said:

Well my discussion is vague(panoramic view)to the reply on the statement above and this is one of the reason i don't make a quote on anyone(for this time).It doesn't really matter,think it as rubbish if you like >.<
I am not trying to throw a bone at you and we are not talking about Old anime is better than New anime BUT which show is better and which show is trash. And as ringoo4 said above, we are NOT the one who starts it first either. Personally I don't disagreed with your opinion about new and old show but we are not talking about that one.

Mar 17, 2010 8:51 AM
Jun 2008
Gyahun.....
Mar 17, 2010 8:59 AM

Oct 2009
ariba said:
The german she is speaking sounds more like the ones spoken in austria or swiss.
Everything seems to be mixed up there.

There is a lot of mix up.....like Yumina's religious outfit is a mix between Shinto and Christian.....like some tanks are German like and English like.....some of the landscape is Spanish mixed with some other types.....there is far too many factors of mish mash in this show.

Mar 17, 2010 9:15 AM

Jun 2009
francismeunier said:
RinM said:
noteDhero,

I am sorry but allow me to butt in so to speak....noteDhero is considered a good friend of mines and his bitching as you say is quite smart.....he shows his standards, his opinions and his viewing experience into smart arguing....not to mention his bitching brings one key aspect outlining the negative aspects of any show but also showing its merits at the best points in logical senses.....should noteDhero miss something due to memory or such we point it out to him and most of times if he needs to......he changes his opinion about that.....now regarding this show he is right about its similarities to other ones and most of all his comparing is also right from what I have seen so far when it was applicable even though sometimes we do not agree......I don't need to stress it out if there is no merit.....such as I find this show cute or things like I liked this but noteDhero does not.....point being he is a very logical and I regard his opinions as a good view of the bad points in any discussion he is at.....

Ok and?
The spring I met you,

The spring without you.
Mar 17, 2010 9:19 AM

Jun 2009
ringoo4 said:
... what?...

RinM said:

You look so gorgeous there. noteDhero is hypocrite for that reason? What an ass. We all understand everything about this anime 'very clearly', even more clearly than you. If we don't like the anime, we can call it trash. If you hate hearing, do more internet.

RinM said:
noteDhero is 'wrong', because you have different opinion with him?... Did you cook your logics somewhere?... Plus, I don't even think you've ever read what noteDhero said. There is critical difference between the mood flow of Haibane and Sora no woto. Haibane never had boob grabs, panty shots, or pee jokes. Sora no woto does. Haibane never had senseless development on its et al. Sora no woto does. Haibane never had such a shallow and undeveloped characters, but instead had complex psychological developments on character's mind. In Sora no woto? All the characters are practically DEAD in terms of their characteristics.

And, I'm sure that you will go against me again, and say something like 'no lolol you are WRONG becos I dun think like that', do freakin more internet.

gloryfy said:
We never compared. Others compared this show with Haibane first, and I just tried to disprove it. You seem like you tried to be intelligent, but end up listing some very nonsensical reasons. Seriously, even if I never knew haibane renmei, my opinion on this show would've never been changed.

As I have been said million times, the problem is frequently dislocation of the story from its actual theme, which ultimately the ruins well-going mood sooo badly. Also, plot doesn't make 'sense'. In the last episode, Rio suddenly left without any foreshadowing or clear contextualization, now German fell from sky and guys who Noel hates suddenly rushed all in to the village without a single relevance. It's very unintelligent treatment.

This is common reason why certain people is disliking this anime. Know this first, and give us some evidence why this anime is so good. You guys are just listing 'omg hating anime is no good no good', without actually trying to explain opinion of yourself.

I’m sorry but I’m not about to argue with someone who didn’t eve think about what I have wrote. If someone didn’t read the post it was you….
The spring I met you,

The spring without you.
Mar 17, 2010 9:46 AM

Aug 2008
Wow. So much went on since I logged on. Well, ringoo4 pretty much hit most of what I would say, and francis hit on what I attempt to do as best as I can, so I'll make a few straggling responses.

RinM said:

I'd like to know where I've been uncivilized. I'm quite aware that I can be argumentative and forceful about my opinions (so much so that I make myself clear on my intents with not only that blog post but a short disclaimer in the 'About Me' section of my profile) but I don't think think that I have ever been off-topic, rude, or unnecessarily inflammatory towards any single person. If I say, "I don't understand how anyone can not see this show for the garbage it is" and you get offended because you think it's great, then I'm sorry. Clearly, I'm calling for someone to explain the show's greatness to me, have a debate, and ultimately try to change their opinion on the matter. Sure, I fail most of the time, but I succeed in others, and I don't think that it's a waste of time. But, as francis said, there's nothing I can say to someone who genuinely likes cute things. They're going to love it the same way I will like a show with politics or a blonde guy with a kansai-ben. What I hope is that people can learn to separate what they like innately from what is quantifiably good. And yes, I'm aware that this is art (supposedly), and therefore a lot is left up to interpretation, but in the case of Sora no Woto, I think there are a lot of clearly bad aspects compared to clearly good ones.

Now, looking at what I've watched the past couple of seasons (despite quality certainly taking a hit), this is what I find to be out and out better than Sora no Woto:

Nodame Cantabile Finale
Durarara!!
Hidamari Sketch x Hoshimittsu
Kimi ni Todoke
Winter Sonata
Yumeiro Patissiere
Aoi Bungaku
Darker Than Black II
Trapeze
Natsu no Arashi II
Aoi Hana
Canaan
Spice and Wolf II
Tokyo Magnitude 8.0

Sora no Woto isn't even the best of the season. Of course, I'm not watching the even more pandering shows that only want to show off panty shots, but I still stand by my point.

In the case of Dennou Coil, the plot twist was not that that one girl saves the other from her troubles with kindness. The plot twist was
Now, I saw DC around the same time that I saw HR, so I'm quite fuzzy, but ringoo4 seems to remember it rather well. As for thinking that you were trying to say that they were equal in quality, then yes I was. You said that the shows are similar in that they just get depressing. I would also disagree with that, though, because this show is just not depressing. That would mean that the writers have created a mood that is the antithesis of what has been shown thus far, and they just aren't that talented to create the juxtaposition that was there in HR and to a different extent in DC. Rather than be depressing, this sudden turn of events is only nonsensical, and because I don't see anything serious happening, none of those feelings of dread or anxiety have come over me. Even with this last cliffhanger ending.
noteDheroMar 17, 2010 9:50 AM
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » So Ra No Wo To Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Nakei - Feb 1, 2010

118 by H_Molokov »»
Mar 28, 1:52 PM

Poll: » So Ra No Wo To Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Nakei - Jan 18, 2010

160 by H_Molokov »»
Mar 25, 10:15 PM

Poll: » So Ra No Wo To Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

kerlyenai - Feb 15, 2010

142 by James-LastOmnic »»
Jan 19, 9:11 AM

Poll: » So Ra No Wo To Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Maximatum99 - Mar 22, 2010

264 by SX6 »»
Jan 17, 11:28 AM

Poll: » So Ra No Wo To Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

francismeunier - Feb 22, 2010

140 by NECROMANCER_2003 »»
Jan 6, 2:27 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.