Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Mar 17, 2010 1:14 PM

Apr 2008
At First I Lold

But Then I Srsd

(If I weren't so lazy I'd post an image)
Mar 17, 2010 1:54 PM

Sep 2008
Durarara was terrible.
Mar 17, 2010 1:57 PM

Jun 2009
MrRogers said:
Durarara was terrible.

And what does it have to do with SnW?
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Mar 17, 2010 3:08 PM

Jul 2009
MrRogers said:
Durarara was terrible.

This made this Thread enjoyable again xD

southdkotaboy said:

Well first off let's put alot of the story itself into context. First off the level of technology means that their speed and access to communication is rather limited in comparison to our modern day means. That is an obvious fact, but for some reason people tend to look at things from their own experences and backgrounds.
I grew up out in Western South Dakota before the age of cell phones, internet, and more than 3 TV stations. News, even important news travled alot slower back then.
Also it is important to remember that these aren't cream of the crop front line troops. That point was drilled home when the 9th division moved in. They all looked like big, tough, battleharded guys. These girls are basically what are best described as "static" troops. There job was to sit and act as a kind of trip wire. At most they went out and poked around a bit. Down through histoy you will see this kind of thing played out again and again by the major colonial powers. Stick your most expendable troops off in the backwater posts that are the quietest in order to show the flag and keep a lid on things. At most this platoon was acting as a sort of local police force and maybe not even that since there was no direct example of this other than the Search and Rescue episode. That one episode however does help make my point. The fact that this garrison duty would be long and rather boring also helps justify all the Moe stuff that has gone on.
As they say in the Army "war is 99% bordom and 1% pure heart stopping terror".
Well so far this series has done a good job with sticking with that, which really does make it more realistic in someways. We have covered the "bordom" now we are getting to the "pure terror" part.

Soooo rrrrright. While reading most of the posts in this thread quiet anxiously, I was thinking of how to put my thoughts about this show into words. That's pretty most of what I thought.

If you add, that the whole turn of events was foreshadowed throughout the series, this show has a quiet logical plot. Now most will go out "which plot? Nothing really happened there!". Yup, nothing happened, except we learned to know each charakter, the world they live in, their pasts, hints on history. For me, the most part of the series was more depressing, than funny or moe or something like that. Because of the constant flow of hints of what happened and could happen in near future plus the sorrowless behaviour of Kanata and Kureha (every other charakter showed some sorrows) made it hard to get into an entirely happy mood.
I was sitting there and telling myself that there won't happen anything, everyone will be alright, but inside i knew something is going to destroy that "peace".

Respect for the studio trying this kind of storytelling.

And yeah, everyone in town knew about the interrogation, but if i remember correctly, they asked about how they went. So why doesn't Felicia know about it? We get the answer in this episode: They didn't get any notice about that, only that they should take every patrol serious.
Even if our opinions differ, you are awesome!
Mar 17, 2010 3:19 PM

Aug 2009
MrRogers said:
Durarara was terrible.

I'm glad none of those three words had any context of this thread.

Go make your hate in the right forum.
Mar 17, 2010 3:57 PM

Oct 2009
RinM said:
francismeunier said:
RinM said:
noteDhero,
I'm very surprised that for someone that doesn't like the show and calls it trash all the time you actually still watch it...
This show has many similarities wit HR and DC...Why? Well because there are always two girls who are the main protagonists and one is a gentile girl (Yasako) and the other brave girl (Isako)... The one is cheerful and the other one burdened with a terrible past...
Now ( and I guaranty this to you) if you just stop watching "this trash" you won't feel so annoyed by it... And we won’t feel so annoyed by you’re constant bitching…

I am sorry but allow me to butt in so to speak....noteDhero is considered a good friend of mines and his bitching as you say is quite smart.....he shows his standards, his opinions and his viewing experience into smart arguing....not to mention his bitching brings one key aspect outlining the negative aspects of any show but also showing its merits at the best points in logical senses.....should noteDhero miss something due to memory or such we point it out to him and most of times if he needs to......he changes his opinion about that.....now regarding this show he is right about its similarities to other ones and most of all his comparing is also right from what I have seen so far when it was applicable even though sometimes we do not agree......I don't need to stress it out if there is no merit.....such as I find this show cute or things like I liked this but noteDhero does not.....point being he is a very logical and I regard his opinions as a good view of the bad points in any discussion he is at.....

Ok and?

and the point is that although noteDhero might offend people and is perfectly capable of defending his point.....I for one agree with his points due to his experience in the anime field to make myself clear.....I cannot compete with you people due to my little of anime viewing but I can certainly apply logic and that logic tells me if you only look at noteDhero as someone who insults what you like.....look more into his reasoning and sense....you shall find what is the negative aspect and what may be the good things.

In spoiler my anime list for now.
Mar 17, 2010 4:55 PM
Jun 2008
I guess people get high when it comes to robot ^^ .
RinM said:
But if you don't see how you're being rude when you call something garbage than you have a problem.
Ouch...I am watching garbage right now? Gosh.. this anime still got one more episode to go...and i felt like the discussion thread are meant for last episode.(~the problem of "slice of life " having a cliffhanger ending). I think this anime is still good categorized as a slice of life anime ,i totally forgot there's a military behind it when i watch ^^ .I wonder how the last episode will deliver the killing blow?
Mar 17, 2010 5:47 PM

Aug 2009
Wasabi said:
This thread made me lol. Probably the best SoraWoto thread yet.

Yes, it's 11eyes all over again.

Though, that was a trainwreck waiting to happen (*RAGE AT YUKA!* :P)
Mar 17, 2010 6:29 PM

Oct 2009
garfield15 said:
Wasabi said:

Though, that was a train-wreck waiting to happen (*RAGE AT YUKA!* :P)

So I assume with this it's rage at the different values and comparing of animes I did not see although Haibane Renmei is getting a interest from me now...so my rage..........I got none this time other than Hopkins giving me chills at what he might do.

Mar 17, 2010 7:05 PM

Aug 2009
RinM said:
I’m sorry but I’m not about to argue with someone who didn’t eve think about what I have wrote. If someone didn’t read the post it was you….
You didn't even read my post again. Only thing I pointed out was how your word to word is being offensive against noteDhero, when what he did was only criticising the anime, not you.

RinM said:
You fail in so many ways but I don't care any more... This discussion has bored me to death and I don't see much point or have time to discuss with someone who think he can not be wrong. So I will listen to you little advice and just ignore your arrogant, aggressive behavior from now on.
You just lost the game. Do more internet pleazzze.

garfield15 said:
Wasabi said:

Though, that was a trainwreck waiting to happen (*RAGE AT YUKA!* :P)
Yey. xD
Mar 17, 2010 7:06 PM

Aug 2009
I don't think we'll ever has as epic a series of threads as 11eyes. It was just so...epically fun to read.
Mar 18, 2010 3:05 AM

Dec 2008
none of the two will die
I think Filicia will kick the bucket

the german sound with english subs was to much for my german brain XD
It was well spoken but it felt so strange.

genre shift for the last two episode sucks in my opinion and a bad sadistic general was the last thing this show needs
the tank which Noel repaired is a better model than the tank the helvetian troops brought along ; D

I hope I will like the last episode
Otherwise I would be overly sad because I liked the first 9 episodes a lot.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 18, 2010 3:29 AM

Oct 2009
Fabienne said:
Don't be too shocked about cute deaths Fabienne.....there might be blood! As if there was not enough hints around the serie itself for that......

Mar 18, 2010 3:41 AM

Dec 2008
francismeunier said:
Fabienne said:
Don't be too shocked about cute deaths Fabienne.....there might be blood! As if there was not enough hints around the serie itself for that......

dont get me wrong,I like tank battles XD
But I can hardly watch when main characters bite the dust

Im very curious about the end and Noel's tank
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 18, 2010 4:33 AM

Oct 2007
Now if only the series was as good/drama as this thread. *sigh*

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Mar 18, 2010 4:43 AM

Jun 2009
ringoo4 said:
]You didn't even read my post again. Only thing I pointed out was how your word to word is being offensive against noteDhero, when what he did was only criticising the anime, not you.

I did actually... twice. Talk about the waste of time. It is you who finds what ever meaning he wishes in what he reeds.

ringoo4 said:
]You just lost the game. Do more internet pleazzze.

Stopping an argument with a person who has decided, even before it started, that he is right is not a loss to me. It is actually a win.
And one more thing, I have been on the internet for the last 4 years so maybe you should do more internet...that or grow up a little bit and then come back.
But then again, filing you're selfe superior just because you have more posts than me is sad…You should find some friends…Real ones.

Morrigan31Mar 18, 2010 4:48 AM
The spring I met you,

The spring without you.
Mar 18, 2010 5:00 AM

Aug 2009
RinM said:
I did actually... twice. Talk about the waste of time. It is you who finds what ever meaning he wishes in what he reeds.
Funny thing is, that sentence of yours makes no sense.

RinM said:
Stopping an argument with a person who has decided, even before it started, that he is right is not a loss to me. It is actually a win.
And one more thing, I have been on the internet for the last 4 years so maybe you should do more internet...that or grow up a little bit and then come back.
However, I failed to detect any 'wins' in your discussion. Because they are either '1. You sir is wrong becaue you have different opinion with me!!! 2. You sir is arrogant!!!'. You know... I was on the internet only about 1 year, ; Year doesn't matter. You are still unavailable to find anything actually wrong with noteDhero and it actually is; since it's all about opinion which is objective to everyone. So, you are basically the one who's getting arrogant and off topic by saying things like below;

RinM said:
You fail in so many ways but I don't care any more... This discussion has bored me to death and I don't see much point or have time to discuss with someone who think he can not be wrong. So I will listen to you little advice and just ignore your arrogant, aggressive behavior from now on.
noteDhero 'never' was arrogant. What he only did was 'criticising' the story, yet you are calling him aggressive. Imature much for me.

You never stopped the discussion. What you did is just whiny flaming.

Plus, I just love dramas. This will make this anime at least more interesting.

RinM said:
But then again, filing you're selfe superior just because you have more posts than me is sad…You should find some friends…Real ones.
Cry me a river. You just failed again.

> self superior
> never happened
> your IMAGINATIOOOON
> Implicated meaning of your post: Get out of mai internet!! I'm gonna cry!! WAAA ;________;
> Mai answer: Never

Just reminder, I joined here only 6 months ago. I don't even have friends in this forum. It's just you who's encouranging me to join this allagant off topic discussions.
Mar 18, 2010 5:03 AM

Nov 2008
Mar 18, 2010 5:09 AM

Jun 2009
ringoo4 said:
RinM said:
Funny thing is, that sentence of yours makes no sense.

RinM said:
However, I failed to detect any 'wins' in your discussion. Because they are either '1. You sir is wrong becaue you have different opinion with me!!! 2. You sir is arrogant!!!'. You know... I was on the internet only about 1 year, ; Year doesn't matter. You are still unavailable to find anything actually wrong with noteDhero and it actually is; since it's all about opinion which is objective to everyone. So, you are basically the one who's getting arrogant and off topic by saying things like below;

RinM said:
noteDhero 'never' was arrogant. What he only did was 'criticising' the story, yet you are calling him aggressive. Imature much for me.

You never stopped the discussion. What you did is just whiny flaming.

Plus, I just love dramas. This will make this anime at least more interesting.

RinM said:
Cry me a river. You just failed again.

> self superior
> never happened
> your IMAGINATIOOOON
> Implicated meaning of your post: Get out of mai internet!! I'm gonna cry!! WAAA ;________;
> Mai answer: Never

Just reminder, I joined here only 6 months ago. I don't even have friends in this forum. It's just you who's encouranging me to join this allagant off topic discussions.

Hit a spot there hah...fine I'll stop teasing you ...since I see you can't stand It :D
The spring I met you,

The spring without you.
Mar 18, 2010 5:11 AM

Oct 2009
Fabienne said:
francismeunier said:
Fabienne said:

Well same here about the tanks battles but there will be casualties....I have a bad hunch about some of the towns' people biting the dust especially the kids might. Main characters because of that might bite the dust too.

Mar 18, 2010 5:14 AM

Aug 2009
RinM said:
Hit a spot there hah...fine I'll stop teasing you ...since I see you can't stand It :D
Way ignore the harsh truth. I'm the one teasing you. I was smiling when I'm posting above post. I'm sure you didn't.

INTERNETO IZU TEH SERIOUS BUSINESZZZ

Facedesk is not included, since it will hurt myself.
Mar 18, 2010 5:20 AM

Jun 2009
ringoo4 said:
RinM said:
Way ignore the harsh truth. I'm the one teasing you. I was smiling when I'm posting above post. I'm sure you didn't.

INTERNETO IZU TEH SERIOUS BUSINESZZZ

Facedesk is not included, since it will hurt myself.

Actually I was...But ok...I see puberty is hitting you hard...No reason to be angry...It will pass :D
Oh and pleas do continue to reply to my posts the pictures are hilarious :D
The spring I met you,

The spring without you.
Mar 18, 2010 5:32 AM

Aug 2009
RinM said:
Actually I was...But ok...I see puberty is hitting you hard...No reason to be angry...It will pass :D
You know, keep doing that doesn't make you cooler. I'm a bit worried, you are just repeating the same thing like whiny parrot. That is never cool, but dirty.

Accept the truth, mah boi. The world is open to you. If you do, we will all forgive ya.

Mar 18, 2010 5:47 AM

Jun 2009
ringoo4 said:
RinM said:
You know, keep doing that doesn't make you cooler. I'm a bit worried, you are just repeating the same thing like whiny parrot. That is never cool, but dirty.

Accept the truth, mah boi. The world is open to you. If you do, we will all forgive ya.

lol so i did hit a spot....well what ever...
The spring I met you,

The spring without you.
Mar 18, 2010 5:58 AM

Jul 2009
francismeunier said:
Fabienne said:
francismeunier said:
Fabienne said:

Well same here about the tanks battles but there will be casualties....I have a bad hunch about some of the towns' people biting the dust especially the kids might. Main characters because of that might bite the dust too.

There's the probability of Rio coming back with special cavalry. Or when she's getting back everyone gets his hopes high and Takemikazushi stops killing or starts fighting xD endless options of what could happen.
Mar 18, 2010 6:00 AM

Jul 2009
A nice and plot-heavy episode. ED was totally out of place though.
I want to know more about Noels past!

Also, I wonder how no one mentioned the "The witch of Helvetia" and "Colonel Hopkins"... More like- "general", eh? ^^
Mar 18, 2010 6:16 AM
Jun 2008
Rathma said:

There's the probability of Rio coming back with special cavalry. Or when she's getting back everyone gets his hopes high and Takemikazushi stops killing or starts fighting xD endless options of what could happen.
Somehow i hope that the ending be finish moderately.I hope it won't be to extreme.And i also hope it has something to do with "sound" as a theme for the ending ^^
Mar 18, 2010 6:28 AM

Aug 2009
gloryfy said:
Rathma said:

Somehow i hope that the ending be finish moderately.I hope it won't be to extreme.And i also hope it has something to do with "sound" as a theme for the ending ^^

I'm thinking Lord of the Rings III, Gandalf-like entrance.
Mar 18, 2010 7:36 AM

Dec 2008
Rathma said:
francismeunier said:
Fabienne said:
francismeunier said:
Fabienne said:

I've tried to think how they could end this show
but I couldn'd imagine a scenario which fits into 24 minutes.
Mar 18, 2010 8:04 AM
Jun 2008
@Fabienne
can make a movie with just 24 minute.example: Cencoroll ( i think is a movie ^^ )
Mar 18, 2010 8:08 AM

Nov 2008
gloryfy said:
@Fabienne
can make a movie with just 24 minute.example: Cencoroll ( i think is a movie ^^ )
You just compared that to this? It was "simple".
Mar 18, 2010 8:12 AM
Jun 2008
@Maximatum99
hahaha i know it totally different but i think this anime should be just fine ^^ i wonder this "kind" anime is more suited for boys or girls??For me i like this anime because of the OP song,and the song just makes me motivate enough to endure the whole episode....
MorningGloryMar 18, 2010 8:17 AM
Mar 18, 2010 8:16 AM

Nov 2008
Hmmmm, not really sure. I think both but there are a lot of concepts and story that needs to be wrapped up in one episode time. That's really hard to do.
Mar 18, 2010 8:19 AM
Jun 2008
Somehow your comment makes me feel a bit excited already.....
Mar 18, 2010 8:36 AM

Apr 2009
Anyone know why this was listed as a 13 episode series as of a few days ago and is now only 12?

I tried going through this topic to find out, but I didn't find anything.

Actually while I think of it, why was this originally labeled as "So Ra No Wo To"? and then changed to "Sora no Woto"?
AikenIdinMar 18, 2010 9:01 AM
Mar 18, 2010 8:41 AM

Oct 2007
gloryfy said:
@Maximatum99
hahaha i know it totally different but i think this anime should be just fine ^^ i wonder this "kind" anime is more suited for boys or girls??For me i like this anime because of the OP song,and the song just makes me motivate enough to endure the whole episode....
Pretty much how I feel for the OP.

Maximatum99 said:
Hmmmm, not really sure. I think both but there are a lot of concepts and story that needs to be wrapped up in one episode time. That's really hard to do.
Mouryou no Hako, after watching that you will say otherwise.

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Mar 18, 2010 9:48 AM
Nov 2008
One of the rare occasions when i agree with NoteDhero. Totally late to go in the war drama direction after all the dillydollying they did previously. Everything put together the story is weak, religion is always a cheap card as a reason for war (though valid somewhat). The cultural setting is an epic fail, interesting at best but totally impossible. Etc. etc. It had some potential, but failed with slow-mo build-up and all the girl business and filler-like episodes (alcohol distillation, sitting next to the phone all day ep and so on).

It's like the show tried to be K-on in a fantasy (!) setting with girls doing girly things in dark times, while at the same time it tried to be serious and deep with the same characters (all of them totally irritating except maybe Noel and Rio at times). In the end it totally fails at the latter, ruining even the first aspect. I like K-On and moe but when they mix it with a bad plot and try to ship it as serious and epic it really fails.

The drama screams cheese from the start anyway. Music and animation are the positives of the show, and are totally overshadowed by the bad plot, characters, VA, filler-feeling and cheesyness.

Still, it was somewhat worth watching for the OP, the fantastic landscapes and the 1-2 giggles/episode. Definitely not a highlight of the season though.

Edit: I highly doubt that anyone remotely important will die btw. Probably shot in the shoulder or something like that and the heroic intervention of Rio will bring peace and prosperity. Oh well.

Edit2: Btw, why the hell did they shoot at an unarmed and injured hostile target when she is obviously surrounded and has nowhere to run? Grab her, cut off a couple of her fingers and get some intel. Just kidding :P.
MalestelMar 18, 2010 10:13 AM
Mar 18, 2010 9:57 AM

Jul 2009
AikenIdin said:
Anyone know why this was listed as a 13 episode series as of a few days ago and is now only 12?

I tried going through this topic to find out, but I didn't find anything.

Actually while I think of it, why was this originally labeled as "So Ra No Wo To"? and then changed to "Sora no Woto"?

So erm... yeah good question. Anyone got a clue?

I thought with 2 more episodes it would have been enough time for a conclusion, but now?

If the next episode is the last one i could imagine that there'll be a catastrophe inviting the second season xD. Something like this bad guy gets his mass destruction weapon ready and escalating the war. Then again what's up with that angel of destruction in the see? This could also play a role in the last episode.
So many possibilities xD
Mar 18, 2010 10:56 AM

Dec 2008
a fitting ending which can be done in 24 minutes... mhh

nuke em all XD

who believes in a second season?
Mar 18, 2010 11:26 AM

Jul 2009
Or Rio comes back with an orchestra and the sound of LOVE, everyone puts their weapon down and PEACE xD

Dangit, Vash and his LOVE&PEACE infected me xD
Mar 18, 2010 11:54 AM

Sep 2009
Hm. They MUST make one more season. That's all I could say
Mar 18, 2010 1:21 PM

Aug 2009
Wait, this is 12 episodes now?

Well, crap. Thought they could make a decent ending with two but one...nah, I can't see it. Only way they can do it is if they announce the second season right after it's over or they end on an epic cliffhanger (like, "Begin missle strike on Helvetia" or something)
Mar 18, 2010 2:16 PM

Jul 2009
Fabienne said:
Rathma said:
francismeunier said:
Fabienne said:
francismeunier said:
Fabienne said:

I've tried to think how they could end this show
but I couldn'd imagine a scenario which fits into 24 minutes.

If at least some of the main characters bite the dust plus maybe a few of the side characters then it will be a proper ending to this anime with a weak plot
kg-san said:

Asu you're still a fragile flower... But its ok cause you're a beautiful flower!

花火花火花火 :D:D:D
Mar 18, 2010 3:16 PM

Oct 2009
Fabienne said:
nuke em all XD
It is either like Fabienne says......Nuke em all! or have the Apocalypse Angel return!

Mar 18, 2010 4:07 PM

Aug 2009
ringoo4 said:

If he is.... chiaki-sama has another thing to mock.

I'm tired of Chiaki-sama. We need some Kusaka faces.
Mar 18, 2010 5:52 PM

Feb 2009
I think I can sum this episode rather well with SHIT JUST GOT REAL YO.
Mar 19, 2010 1:05 AM

Dec 2008
The fact that they have a bad guy on the helvetian side too will makes things complicated
but without Noel's tank the helvetian troops are done for.

Rathma said:
Or Rio comes back with an orchestra and the sound of LOVE, everyone puts their weapon down and PEACE xD

I would like that XD
Mar 19, 2010 2:58 AM

Aug 2009
Fabienne said:
a fitting ending which can be done in 24 minutes... mhh

nuke em all XD

Depends on what happens in the last episode to make me believe if there will be another season or not.
JazKazMar 19, 2010 3:01 AM
Mar 19, 2010 6:43 AM

Oct 2009
they really wasted time on episodes 4 - 9 really. I wish there would be a second season it would be too soon to say it would be an 'ending' because for me, it's only the climax! and it;s already 2nd to the last Ep?! WTH
Mar 19, 2010 6:51 AM
Jun 2008
kamikaze4 said:
Fabienne said:

Depends on what happens in the last episode to make me believe if there will be another season or not.
base on popularity in japan,i hope it will ^^
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » So Ra No Wo To Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Nakei - Feb 1, 2010

118 by H_Molokov »»
Mar 28, 1:52 PM

Poll: » So Ra No Wo To Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Nakei - Jan 18, 2010

160 by H_Molokov »»
Mar 25, 10:15 PM

Poll: » So Ra No Wo To Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

kerlyenai - Feb 15, 2010

142 by James-LastOmnic »»
Jan 19, 9:11 AM

Poll: » So Ra No Wo To Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Maximatum99 - Mar 22, 2010

264 by SX6 »»
Jan 17, 11:28 AM

Poll: » So Ra No Wo To Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

francismeunier - Feb 22, 2010

140 by NECROMANCER_2003 »»
Jan 6, 2:27 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.