Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Mar 15, 2010 11:03 AM

Feb 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------

WOW...

KinetaNov 25, 2012 10:59 AM
Anime makes me smile!

:-)
Mar 15, 2010 11:47 AM
Oct 2007
Holy Crap that was a cool episode
Mar 15, 2010 12:14 PM
Sep 2007
That was an amazing episode, so much happaned and now its left us to wonder whats going to happen next!!! :D
Who got shot? Noels past? Another upcoming war? Curious about the angel skeleton and I wonder if the team would be arrested or something considering they were hiding and enemy......Can't wait for the next eo to answer all these questions :D

Sadly on two eps left though :(

RIO IS MISSING ALL THE ACTION :P
Mar 15, 2010 12:42 PM

Jan 2010
Best episode so far O.O
OMFG it was so amazing, I was almost jumping of my chair xD
Noël's backstory is sad x.x So that's why she said "Machines kill people" in episode 5 or so, she knew it at first hand x.x
Mar 15, 2010 12:58 PM

Apr 2009
I hate this show.
It was all nice and cute and now they're all going away. :(
Feeling down? You may already be a charge target.
Mar 15, 2010 1:05 PM

Feb 2008
I don't think Noel have time to protect her, so it must be something else

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Mar 15, 2010 1:47 PM

Jun 2009
Frakking Amazing....It is always with shows like these... Haibane Renmei and Dennou Coil...It starts nice and everything seems like a child’s play...and then it gets so sad and depressing...I just hope that none of the girls die... Uh wouldn't it be cool if this is just the first season...A very good ( and detailed) prequel to the real story...
The spring I met you,

The spring without you.
Mar 15, 2010 2:21 PM

Nov 2008
The important points of the story finally connects? About time.

This episode had some good symbolic points of different views of cultural or war based teachings. It also kind of shows the director wanted to throw all the story into the pot at once instead of letting the ingredients soak in.

It's easy to see the director stalled this series just for the last 4 episodes.
Mar 15, 2010 3:20 PM

Oct 2009
OMG! I am O_O with my mouth opened......it's war! War! War! I tell you there is massive war and that was my wish! Now it's being granted.....massive army of Roma right here (their tanks look not good and old "GIF")=>
at Seize border......Noel's tank does not stand a chance but with 9th division it might be a good battle but the forces are way too massive. I count at least over 300 tanks with a 1000 soldiers estimation/assumption....Noel was some sort of lab researcher and it looks things went back with the interrogation there.

Aisha speaks German and is a strange one apart from some mark on the forehead and her breasts being big...yeah that breast grabbing of Noel was a strange insertion (GIF for anyone who wants)=>
At the end if the soldiers shot Aisha it will be war and for lying Filicia could be court martial! That Colonel Hopkins reminds me of Himmler from WW2...he has nasty insane looks.

Looks like Hopkins with Noel and Professor there were trying to develop a new weapon and from how she might the "Invisible Reaper" the end result could have been disease of some sort since things went wrong.
francismeunierMar 15, 2010 8:55 PM

In spoiler my anime list for now.
Mar 15, 2010 4:05 PM

Aug 2009
RinM said:
Frakking Amazing....It is always with shows like these... Haibane Renmei and Dennou Coil...It starts nice and everything seems like a child’s play...and then it gets so sad and depressing...I just hope that none of the girls die... Uh wouldn't it be cool if this is just the first season...A very good ( and detailed) prequel to the real story...

Funny thing is, throughout the episode, there was so much going down I started thinking "I wonder how they're going to settle anything in two more episodes." Then I remembered that they said they'd consider a second season if sales were good. So I hope sales are good.

-Well, damn this was a good episode. I couldn't figure out the language Alicia was speaking for a while but I eventually caught the German. (I wonder how exactly Rome absorbed Germany in the future?).

I lol'ed at "I need stamina to escape so I'll eat your food"
"She must be saying it's good!"

-Probably the biggest revelation (and one I had completely forgotten about) was the Invisible Reaper wasn't the name of a plague or a weapon like I had thought, it was Noel. Which probably explains why they never explained a lot about her past. I actually went "Whoa!" there.

-CLIFFHANGER! FUUUUUUUU- >,< I hope Spider Gundam rolls out next week.
Mar 15, 2010 4:25 PM

Sep 2008
Guys... where's Rio?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 15, 2010 4:44 PM

Jun 2009
What an episode, just... wow.
Mar 15, 2010 5:00 PM

Jul 2008
A roman person, who speaks German?

Invisible Reaper is Noel....

ehhh
Mar 15, 2010 5:43 PM

Oct 2009
HawthorneKitty said:
Guys... where's Rio?
My assumption is that she might have gone to Roma to solve things on her own.
garfield15 said:

-Well, damn this was a good episode. I couldn't figure out the language Alicia was speaking for a while but I eventually caught the German. (I wonder how exactly Rome absorbed Germany in the future?).

Think of Italy as =>(Roma) therefore Italy being close to Germany IRL they could have absorbed the language if that country was destroyed in the last war...
garfield15 said:
I lol'ed at "I need stamina to escape so I'll eat your food"
"She must be saying it's good!"

Yeah funny one it was but clearly she wanted to escape and did not trust them....especially Noel for what she did in her experiment as impact to Aisha.
garfield15 said:
-Probably the biggest revelation (and one I had completely forgotten about) was the Invisible Reaper wasn't the name of a plague or a weapon like I had thought, it was Noel. Which probably explains why they never explained a lot about her past. I actually went "Whoa!" there.

Yeah I was surprised too she as called some kind of mad scientist in this whole thing.
garfield15 said:
-CLIFFHANGER! FUUUUUUUU- >,< I hope Spider Gundam rolls out next week.
Oh yeah! Considering it is the only model that is Vector Zero that I saw among all the tanks!
Sealkid said:
Invisible Reaper is Noel....ehhh
My 2 cent logic..... Noel = to Invisible Reaper = to her being Helvetian witch and that = to mad scientist brings to conclusion that she is stereotype as someone who is mad enough to do anything in the name of science to achieve objective but I think Colonel Hopkins there lied to her and Professor!

Mar 15, 2010 6:33 PM

Feb 2009
do they actually say "Rome" though?

Roman could also mean The Holy Roman Empire - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holy_roman_empire - which includes Germany...

also, Helvetia (the nation it says there in) is something do with Switzerland - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Helvetia - which incidentallly is another nation that was part of...The Holy Roman Empire.

I may be reading too much into this though, but I though id put this out there anyway.
Anime makes me smile!

Mar 15, 2010 6:40 PM

Oct 2009
SFB said:
do they actually say "Rome" though?

Roman could also mean The Holy Roman Empire - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holy_roman_empire - which includes Germany...

also, Helvetia (the nation it says there in) is something do with Switzerland - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Helvetia - which incidentallly is another nation that was part of...The Holy Roman Empire.

I may be reading too much into this though, but I though id put this out there anyway.
That is a good logical argument for why Roma would speak German but my stand is still that it could have been just they picked the language from the past war itself when Germany actually could have existed.

Mar 15, 2010 7:53 PM

Nov 2007
This is the reason I continued watching this series, hoping something INTERESTING would happen. For once, I'm looking forward to the next episode...
Mar 15, 2010 7:59 PM

Jan 2010
I was really surprised by Filicias actions. For a vetran of war, i though she would feel more hatred towards Rome soldiers.
Or perhapes, if the prisoner was a man. Would Filicia have taken the same course of action?
Mar 15, 2010 8:12 PM

Feb 2009
Starbrow said:
I was really surprised by Filicias actions. For a vetran of war, i though she would feel more hatred towards Rome soldiers.
Or perhapes, if the prisoner was a man. Would Filicia have taken the same course of action?

I think it was because she had already seen to much pain and suffering in the war that she did it, she didnt want to see the girl interogated because she didnt want her to suffer.
Anime makes me smile!

Mar 15, 2010 8:42 PM

May 2009
I really like the development, but it's too late now I'd say... they wasted too much time on moe crap and stuff before, bringing on war in the last three episodes is kinda ridiculous...-.-
people who watched this show for the mystery/military thing waiting for the plot to set in got bored because of the dull slice of life episodes and people who wanted to watch a moe-blob k-on thing are gonna faint at the sight of blood now...-.-
Mar 15, 2010 8:47 PM

Oct 2009
Somethings that bother me.....This shows very much that Hopkins was there to develop most likely a new weapon but with the pic....can it be a new form of gas or Fuel?=>
From this part it is obvious the interrogation might not have been one but more of human experiment? Whatever it is I think it all went wrong and who was it again in WW2 that liked to experiment on human Jews?=>
So I keep wondering what is that point on Aisha's forefront?=>
So is she a Master Sergent or a Warrant Officer? Which one is it?=>
So if Aisha here knows "Amazing Grace" then did she might have met Iliya?=>
Should I assume here that Yumina's religion is multi Gods belief and Aisha's is more of Catholic one?=>
Well the 9th Division's tank sure do not look like Noel's one and do they use gas from the looks of their tailpipes?=>
So based on this comes back to me thinking that Rio tried to go and stop the Roma army or convince the Emperor?=>
Hopkin's expression here reminds me of a certain WW2 SS Officer anyone else?=>
Noel here looks happy so why is that?=>
I appreciate all answers to my remarks......
SFB said:
Starbrow said:

I think it was because she had already seen to much pain and suffering in the war that she did it, she didnt want to see the girl interogated because she didnt want her to suffer.
Yeah and I will add that Filicia learned compassion's worth during her experiences.....
GIF time!=>
Most incredible GIF of Noel's tank I did! :D and a most cute expression of Kureha!
francismeunierMar 15, 2010 8:53 PM

Mar 15, 2010 11:26 PM

Jun 2009
Noel suddenly becomes interesting, I was getting tired of all that "Yuki clone" shit. And damn that cliffhanger... fffffffffffff.

I want blood next episode... lots of it, a la Hellsing Ultimate.
Mar 15, 2010 11:47 PM

Sep 2007
Wow. An episode without excessive useless bullshit filler. How shocking.

It's about damn time we finally get to see the other side. This is how SoraWoto should've been from the start. But really, they get a Roman soldier in their presence and all they do is LOLZ LET'S PLAY THE TRUMPETZ. You would think they'd at least step up their patrols knowing the enemy sent a scout. Still pretty damn terrible. At least spider tank finally got its legs attached.

Lol at Noel being a scientific genius at her age. I wouldn't be surprised if she was developing biological weapons then.

And someone seriously needs to die next episode. It'll be totally lame if the shot missed or was deflected or some bullshit.
Mar 16, 2010 1:02 AM

Oct 2009
Wasabi said:
Wow. An episode without excessive useless bullshit filler. How shocking.

I did not really see much filler but what bothered me was that fan service stuff...they could have done better this time around.
Wasabi said:
It's about damn time we finally get to see the other side. This is how SoraWoto should've been from the start.

Yes and I would agree with you on this one with the cute stuff thing all are complaining about.
Wasabi said:
But really, they get a Roman soldier in their presence and all they do is LOLZ LET'S PLAY THE TRUMPETZ.

Yeah that too....there is a interest in why Aisha would "Amazing Grace" though....any ideas?
Wasabi said:
You would think they'd at least step up their patrols knowing the enemy sent a scout. Still pretty damn terrible. At least spider tank finally got its legs attached.

How can they step up the patrol when they have to keep a eye on Aisha and the 9th Division came around so it's a nice step up......
Wasabi said:
Lol at Noel being a scientific genius at her age. I wouldn't be surprised if she was developing biological weapons then.

So you think it's biological weapons.....gas weapons?
Wasabi said:
And someone seriously needs to die next episode. It'll be totally lame if the shot missed or was deflected or some bullshit.

Some people are assuming Noel might take the hit to amend her sins.....you think so too?

Mar 16, 2010 2:43 AM

Sep 2009
I liked the developments for this episode....very interesting. One thing though....why does there always have to be some crooked military superior getting in the way?...
Mar 16, 2010 2:51 AM

Nov 2008
That was the funnest attempt at speaking German I've ever heard.
Mar 16, 2010 3:28 AM

Apr 2008
I like where this is goi-
>tit grab
>Felicia saying dirty things
I hate you, Japan.
Mar 16, 2010 3:39 AM

Nov 2008
^ I guess it wasn't your cup of tea. Me either.
Mar 16, 2010 3:42 AM

Apr 2009
and so.. the war that a lot of people were waiting for has finally arrived.. i think it's a good development.. i did not feel it is a complete turn around from the episodes previously.. and it looks like they were still able to bring another element on Noel..

saxophone15 said:
I liked the developments for this episode....very interesting. One thing though....why does there always have to be some crooked military superior getting in the way?...
well.. there has to be.. it makes war feel really wrong and neither side is good..

hazelnutman said:
i don't know anything about German.. but we all know that they don't speak other foreign languages fluently too anyway..
Mar 16, 2010 3:44 AM

Oct 2009
Maximatum99 said:
Don't forget me....Felicia saying dirty things...I can tolerate for the reason but the breast grab was not at all any reason....just convenient situation turned into fan service.....*sigh*

Mar 16, 2010 3:51 AM

Nov 2008
francismeunier said:
Maximatum99 said:
Don't forget me....Felicia saying dirty things...I can tolerate for the reason but the breast grab was not at all any reason....just convenient situation turned into fan service.....*sigh*
Not only that but the story on the whole so far.
Mar 16, 2010 5:12 AM

Jan 2008
Incredibly good/accurate german! And all that without (japanese) subtitles so that non-german speakers couldn't understand it at all and yet it was overall correct in grammar and spelling. Very nice diligent work for such a detail.

The episode itself earnt a 5/5 from me. One of the best so far.
PerplexMar 16, 2010 5:16 AM
Mar 16, 2010 5:43 AM

Mar 2008
Certainly the best EP so far. At least at the end they gave a little action. War stared and Seize will be besieged.
Goes from there that Noel was a brilliant child and recreated the lost technology, which Hopkins has used it for war.Perhaps after the great victory he showed her the battlefield it is no wonder that she is broke.
I would not be surprised if Noel protect Aisha but I don't think she die. Someone needs to move Takemikazuchi.
Aisha called Yumina heretic so war may be in some part a religious war.
SaygramMar 16, 2010 5:49 AM

Mar 16, 2010 5:43 AM
Dec 2008
hazelnutman said:

LOL. You haven't watched Neon Genesis Evangelion yet, have you. I nearly hurled when I heard Asuka.
This episode has the best German I've ever heard in an anime.
Mar 16, 2010 7:03 AM

Feb 2009
i just realized the rome girl's like ishibal. O_O
Mar 16, 2010 7:08 AM

Nov 2008
German in my anime? I was surprised, nice to see they used a native speaker, hehe. Or at least it sounds like it. EDIT: Although, after second thought, it sounds more like a program that translates the sentences, like making your computer talk English.
desolatoMar 16, 2010 7:13 AM
Mar 16, 2010 7:42 AM

Jan 2008
desolato said:
German in my anime? I was surprised, nice to see they used a native speaker, hehe. Or at least it sounds like it. EDIT: Although, after second thought, it sounds more like a program that translates the sentences, like making your computer talk English.

The intonation of the sentences was too good for that.
It wasn't a native speaker but she did very well with that. :)
Mar 16, 2010 7:59 AM

Aug 2009
Still, doesn't make sense. A bit to late for war drama. Moe taint is too huge. Bob grab was totally unnecessary and fan-service-wise. This anime seems to have some habit of ruining well going mood.

Best ep so far, but still meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeh

There is three paths this anime can go.

1. Devote only 3 episodes for war drama, but a lot of sad and touching death scenes. Get a low rating from me, but at least middle.
2. Do some war drama, Rio returns and miraculously saves everyone's lives, happy ending Ulala. Get even lower rating from me.
3. Remain a bait and continue it to the next season. Screw the series. Get extremely low rating from me.

Plus, Noel is the only good character in this anime. Screw everyone else.
Mar 16, 2010 8:14 AM

Jan 2008
ringoo4 said:
Still, doesn't make sense. A bit to late for war drama. Moe taint is too huge. Bob grab was totally unnecessary and fan-service-wise.

There is three paths this anime can go.

1. Devote only 3 episodes for war drama, but a lot of sad and touching death scenes. Get a low rating from me, but at least middle.
2. Do some war drama, Rio returns and miraculously saves everyone's lives, happy ending Ulala. Get even lower rating from me.
3. Remain a bait and continue it to the next season. Screw the series. Get extremely low rating from me.

Plus, Noel is the only good character in this anime. Screw everyone else.

War drama build up started ages ago. And despite some unnecessary slice of life, especially in episode 8, there was a generally story build up through the whole series.

It's not something "Baccano"-like but the way they strew relevant bits and pieces in their episodes was an interesting attempt of story telling.
And despite some archetypic behaviors and the moe-moe design, all the characters got a somewhat elaborate personality.

There is no reason beeing that harsh to the show.

(And as a side note: I'll never understand the community scores. Sora no got a 7.34 so far and shit like...say Railgun nearly 8 *shrugs*)
Mar 16, 2010 9:11 AM

Dec 2007
Oh sh-
While I've generally enjoyed this series from episode one the last episodes have just been amazing. Poor Noel, didn't expect her to have such a backstory..

Surprised at the good german aswell. Sure the pronounciation was semi-sketchy at times, but other than that there is nothing wrong with it.

ringoo4 said:
Moe taint is too huge..

I find it funny how this show is too "moe tainted" for you, yet you have Higurashi and Bakemonogatari, who both have plenty of moe, in your favourites.
Not bashing the the shows though since I love them both aswell.
Mar 16, 2010 9:12 AM
Jun 2008
Hope Noel will block the .......
Mar 16, 2010 9:39 AM

Sep 2007
francismeunier said:
I did not really see much filler but what bothered me was that fan service stuff...they could have done better this time around.

Not loli enough for you?

francismeunier said:
Yeah that too....there is a interest in why Aisha would "Amazing Grace" though....any ideas?

It's a universally known song in the world so why wouldn't they know it?

francismeunier said:
How can they step up the patrol when they have to keep a eye on Aisha and the 9th Division came around so it's a nice step up......

They don't need the whole damn platoon to watch one injured girl. Aisha has probably been in the hands of Kanata and co. for at least several days. They could've increased patrols and possibly could've spotted the Romans before the 9th division even arrived.

francismeunier said:
Some people are assuming Noel might take the hit to amend her sins.....you think so too?

I don't care if she wanted to amend her sins or not. This cliffhanger is as cliched as it gets. If nobody dies, it just proves it even more so. The two of them are surrounded. Someone HAS to get shot at least unless some retarded deus ex machina so calls forth some ridiculous miracle that somehow distracts the solders.
Mar 16, 2010 9:44 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Damn...

But, that was some impressive German.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Mar 16, 2010 9:46 AM

Feb 2008
cyruz said:

Indeed. I think that was the best German spoken by a Japanese I've ever heard in an anime.
Mar 16, 2010 10:12 AM

Nov 2008
De-JaY said:
cyruz said:

Indeed. I think that was the best German spoken by a Japanese I've ever heard in an anime.

Any reports on other shows that did this? I'm intrigued.
Mar 16, 2010 10:19 AM
Jun 2008
De-JaY said:
cyruz said:

Miyahara Nami, Base on wiki her origin is Ausria(no wonder she can speak).but What so surprising is that,she can speak Japanese also.^^ the link is an example of her voice acting in anime industries
Mar 16, 2010 11:25 AM

Jan 2010
*Yawn* I'm glad this series is ending next week, it can be replaced with something that is actually good.

I am proud to have Clannad as the only thing on my dropped list.
Mar 16, 2010 11:57 AM

Mar 2009
lol Italy annexing Germany.
Mar 16, 2010 12:04 PM

Jun 2009
Kanata - a soldier who never before seen a single enemy...
"We are soldiers." - Wow, Kureha sounds suprisingly reasonable.
It's one of those rare times when i'm glad to know a bit of German. ^^
Helvetian, Roman-wtf?? And Filicia talking to A'ishah=WIN. ^^
"-She must be saying it's good" - Yep, that's right, Kanata. xD
"Just a light greeting" - Yeah, Yumina perfectly lies.
Plot will be continuing in next episode, unbelivable.
And Noel's story seems interesting.

Pretty good episode...
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Mar 16, 2010 12:04 PM

Oct 2009
Saygram said:
Aisha called Yumina heretic so war may be in some part a religious war.
That is interesting assumption....but is the war more into the non agreement of the borders and reconstruction.
Wasabi said:
francismeunier said:

Not loli enough for you?

No it is not that..simply put it is about being really badly placed...the last fan service had some logical place to it.
francismeunier said:
Yeah that too....there is a interest in why Aisha would
Wasabi said:
"Amazing Grace" though....any ideas?

It's a universally known song in the world so why wouldn't they know it?

How do you know that? It did not say nor imply it in this anime....perhaps IRL but not in this anime.
francismeunier said:

Wasabi said:
They don't need the whole damn platoon to watch one injured girl. Aisha has probably been in the hands of Kanata and co. for at least several days. They could've increased patrols and possibly could've spotted the Romans before the 9th division even arrived.

Why when they have a machine that did that already for them and HQ informed them already.
francismeunier said:

Wasabi said:
I don't care if she wanted to amend her sins or not. This cliffhanger is as cliched as it gets. If nobody dies, it just proves it even more so. The two of them are surrounded. Someone HAS to get shot at least unless some retarded deus ex machina so calls forth some ridiculous miracle that somehow distracts the solders.
What the heck is deus ex? Seen it used around the net but have no idea what it means. You don't care if she wants to amend her sins? From the looks of her she clearly is brain traumatized about Aisha and seeing her in the past lying with blood dripping out of her mouth. I do feel sorry for Noel that she has some trauma like that. If saving Aisha can help that then I am for it.
desolato said:
De-JaY said:
cyruz said:

Any reports on other shows that did this? I'm intrigued.

Yeah I want one that speaks French so I can understand easily too.
francismeunierMar 16, 2010 12:12 PM

Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » So Ra No Wo To Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Nakei - Feb 1, 2010

118 by H_Molokov »»
Mar 28, 1:52 PM

Poll: » So Ra No Wo To Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Nakei - Jan 18, 2010

160 by H_Molokov »»
Mar 25, 10:15 PM

Poll: » So Ra No Wo To Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

kerlyenai - Feb 15, 2010

142 by James-LastOmnic »»
Jan 19, 9:11 AM

Poll: » So Ra No Wo To Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Maximatum99 - Mar 22, 2010

264 by SX6 »»
Jan 17, 11:28 AM

Poll: » So Ra No Wo To Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

francismeunier - Feb 22, 2010

140 by NECROMANCER_2003 »»
Jan 6, 2:27 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.