Forum Settings
Forums
New
Mar 14, 2010 10:12 PM

Jan 2010
After watching a few shows where incest is prominent, I must say I am thoroughly disgusted. Is it okay in Japan to like this sort of thing? If you like it, please post why.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Mar 14, 2010 10:13 PM

Apr 2009
I think it only happens in anime..
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 14, 2010 10:21 PM

Aug 2009
Incest could happen anytime and anywhere.
Depends who the person is.
Mar 14, 2010 10:27 PM

Jul 2007
Kamehamayhem said:
After watching a few shows where incest is prominent, I must say I am thoroughly disgusted. Is it okay in Japan to like this sort of thing? If you like it, please post why.

What kind of incest are we talking about? If it's cousin stuff, yeah it's fine.
My first novel, Kardia has been published! Click here to read!
Mar 14, 2010 10:29 PM

Mar 2010
It's anime.
Everything goes.
Mar 14, 2010 10:32 PM

Sep 2008
I never got why people think incest is "Disgusting" are people who are related not human anymore or some thing? If you didn't know they where related would it still be disgusting? Also the only bad thing that happens from incest is like a off chance of having a genetically inferior baby. But if they never have kids whats the big deal. It's not like when people related by blood touch no-no spots the world will explode.
It doesn't think, it doesn't feel, it doesn't laugh or cry..... All it does from dusk till dawn is make the soldiers die.
Mar 14, 2010 11:11 PM

Feb 2010
CarlosHXC said:
It's anime.
Everything goes.

Genius.
*clap*
Mar 14, 2010 11:14 PM

Feb 2008
It makes good fap material?
Mar 14, 2010 11:16 PM

Mar 2010
I'm curious what anime you've been watching? I don't think I've seen anything incesty in a long while. I don't count fanservice though, since that's not supposed to be taken seriously (ie the Hitachiin twins from Ouran).

Mar 14, 2010 11:24 PM

Jan 2010
I hate my sisters, so incest makes me cringe...
Score Criteria:
Mar 15, 2010 12:38 AM

Nov 2009
Personally, i like insest very much.

I don't know why but the idea of dad x daughter or mom x son sexual interactions just turns me on so much. Maybe it's just a phsycological glitch that many people develop when living in certain conditions because it is certainly not anything that is instinctive.

I'm glad that anime has an abundant source of material that i would enjoy so fine by me.
Earth gets angry after a kick in the face.
Mar 15, 2010 1:26 AM

Apr 2009
^ wow we got some twisted ppl here
Mar 15, 2010 1:29 AM

Apr 2009
just Imagine a father and daughter relationship..
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 15, 2010 3:19 AM

Dec 2008
Incest is very interesting due to the drama that comes with it. I like controversial subjects.

For example Koi Kaze. That's QUALITY romance, unlike all those random high school romances out there.
Existence, well what does it matter?
I exist on the best terms I can
The past is now part of my future
The present is well out of hand
Mar 15, 2010 3:20 AM

Oct 2007
Pindakaas40 said:
Incest is very interesting due to the drama that comes with it. I like controversial subjects.

For example Koi Kaze. That's QUALITY romance, unlike all those random high school romances out there.

for some reason I gave up on koi kaze after 3 episodes...prolly the incest part was too heavy for me (then again I can watch "other stuff" with incest in it without problems)
Mar 15, 2010 3:21 AM

Mar 2010
ezaya said:
just Imagine a father and daughter relationship..

that would be disgusting even at anime.
Splitter said:
Kamehamayhem said:

What kind of incest are we talking about? If it's cousin stuff, yeah it's fine.

this^
Mar 15, 2010 3:22 AM

Nov 2008
As a theme I don't care if it's explored. It's disturbing and taboo, but there aren't that many anime exploring this (maybe you can count them by one hand), so dunno why the concern over this.
Eo tempore, cum tibi occuri,
Mihi vita laeta fuit,
Cum autem te nusquam conspexi,
Eo tempore mortem cognovi
Mar 15, 2010 3:25 AM

Mar 2009
Well, it does happen, just that people try to hide it. I actually like incest in anime (not every single one though) since it's something different and to see how the characters deal with it. But definitely not stuff like motherxson and fatherxdaughter.
Mar 15, 2010 2:29 PM
Oct 2009
Nightmare-Box said:
Incest is my life.
I agree. xD

If you don't like it don't watch it but don't complain about it.
Mar 15, 2010 2:33 PM

Feb 2005
Whatever floats one's boat. And as far as unusual fetishes goes, Incest is still rather "normal".
It's considered taboo, and that's probably why people like it. It also brings in a lot of angst, and people seem to love that.
Mar 15, 2010 2:43 PM
Jun 2008
Cousins are fine.
Adopted, hmmm, it can slide.
Blood. NO.
Mar 15, 2010 3:58 PM

May 2009
Incest in anime doesn't really bother me. Makes for good fap material too. I felt a bit weirded out when I watched Koi Kaze though, but that's probably because the main character is a disgusting middle aged guy, lol.
Mar 15, 2010 4:22 PM

Jun 2008
lollypatrolly said:
Biologically, it doesn't make sense to be attracted to someone that close to your family as it will hurt your offspring's chances of making it in the world. Evolution isn't such a hard concept to fathom. Do note, however, that when there's a shortage of potential mating partners, people have tended to be less picky, which makes sense.
It could make uh, logical sense, if the incestuous family knew the risks and benefits involved. For instance, incest would wipe out deleterious alleles, provided the family do not go extinct beforehand. Of course, the obvious risk is deleterious alleles wiping all progeny before they ever could reproduce again. The fitness curve would decrease from generations, but will either reach 0, or reach a low point and go back up again.
Mar 15, 2010 5:16 PM

Aug 2009
I enjoy taboo relationships, and incest is pretty much the definition. Brother/brother, sister/sister, mother/son, and father/daughter always interests me. Especially if they can make it work. It's difficult to find incestuous anime that can play it out well.
Mar 16, 2010 12:23 AM

Nov 2007
Incest is best. Particularly when it's twincest.

Really, it's fiction, who cares? Getting grossed out or whatever by fiction is stupid. That's why the people protesting loli manga/anime can go eat a giant cock. If you don't like the content, don't read/watch it, period.

But really, how common is incest in anime? I can only think of a bare few instances of it being "real" incest (not cousins or non-blood related siblings etc) and most of those are in H which is a joke as far as plot and story goes anyway.
Mar 16, 2010 3:20 PM
May 2009
tehnominator said:
Cousins are fine.
Adopted, hmmm, it can slide.
Blood. NO.

Exactly how I feel about the whole incest thing.
Twincest is my favorite.
Mar 16, 2010 4:32 PM

Mar 2009
incest you mean wincest sisterxsister brotherxsister whatever its all good
Mar 17, 2010 2:27 AM
Dec 2009
Its anime nothing is off limits.

Also reminds me of this quote "Incest its all Relative"
BigPappaWideMar 17, 2010 2:33 AM
Mar 17, 2010 6:01 AM

Nov 2009
Doesnt really bother me, just finished watching Gibomai and it follows this theme. Something about it being taboo and unreasonable in reality is probably what makes it better in anime, especially Hentai.

Just my opinion though, there are always going to be people that think if you like it in anime, you are going to molest your kid sister or something. I'm reminded again of the loli topic that wasnt too long ago either.
Mar 17, 2010 8:22 AM

Jul 2007
I wanted to chime in with some details about the specter of incest, genetic defects. According to the Sources I've been able to find, the genetic risk for cousins has been well studied, and for direct relations there is no definite information.

In short, the chance for a major birth defect in the general population is about 4%. The chance for first cousins is about 7%. That's not a dangerously high chance. If first cousin marriages are "disgusting" because of that increased risk, consider a couple where one person has Huntington's disease. The defect chance for their children is a whopping 50%, but is it "disgusting" to marry someone with Huntington's disease?

For direct relations, the risks are very specific to the couple's genetics, but we don't live in the dark ages. Genetic counseling and defect screening are widely available in the first world, and if used appropriately dangerous genetic defects can be avoided. The previously-mentioned couple dealing with Huntington's disease would do the same thing.

So for two rational and careful people, the danger of birth defects can be mostly avoided. If that's the case, I see no problem with healthy (i.e. not abusive or forced) incestuous relationships. There is no difference between a brother and a sister or two random strangers, as long as they're careful before having children. Most people know their direct relations too well to ever be attracted to them, but I don't have a problem with anyone who decides to follow love, wherever it leads.
Mar 17, 2010 9:10 AM
Forever Fearless

Apr 2007
If i had to guess, I'd say its just to cover fetish's that some people have more then because its "popular" with alot of people.

I dont find it to be disgusting (not that i've ever watched a anime/hentai that was focused on incest, mind you) its loli that i find to be disgusting...
Speed is Life - 1st ID... patch on my shoulder.

Mar 17, 2010 9:53 AM

Jan 2010
As long as we're talking about genuine love between consenting adults, and not child molestation, I don't mind incest.

Though, when it comes to Anime and Manga, I don't give a damn. If it's a good story, it's a good story, regardless of subject.
(for example, Sundome is -quite- an interesting manga, despite it's disgusting theme)
Mar 17, 2010 10:04 AM

Nov 2009
I dont really care, as long is its love anyway (Parent x Child is kinda unsettling, though)
But, this might just be because I dont have any sisters or female cousins and cant relate to the idea.
Mar 17, 2010 10:05 AM

Jun 2009
Incest sells because it's a fetish. I never find it disturbing nor want to do it.

Anyway i prefer brother/sister than parent and children
Mar 17, 2010 4:52 PM

Aug 2009
Kamehamayhem said:

I think it is disgusting.I think only two kinds of people write that kind of shit and or like it, Sickos and those who did not grow up with siblings. It would be different if it was between those only related by marriage like step family or in-laws relatives, thats not blood incest.
Mar 17, 2010 5:13 PM

Aug 2009
Blood incest? VERY VERY VERY VERY WRONG.
-Fixing-
Mar 17, 2010 7:29 PM

Feb 2008
To me the idea of being disgusted by incest is kind of silly. I understand that some people are, and that's fine. I don't think it's a big deal if you think it's sick. It's how you think, and you're entitled to that. When you think about it though, it's just two people having sex, why does it matter if they're related or not? Just because it's taboo, or our society has told us it's wrong? Maybe I'm a rare breed, but I like to make up my own mind on what I think, I might be influenced by friends, family, and the media, but I never let what they have to say make my decisions. If they make sense then they'll convince me, if not, then I'll just think they're some crackpot fools who were never able to think for themselves.
Mar 17, 2010 7:36 PM

Aug 2008
Kamehamayhem said:

While I hope that you're not the type to take things from TELEVISION -- and ASSUME for these things to be true...

NEVERTHELESS...

To even have any kind of incest in a television program... y'just can't help but wonder, don't you think?
Click on this. I dare you. | MAL Fantasy Football League | Currently Watching List

RWBY Club. RWBY is anime. Deal with it.

Mar 17, 2010 8:19 PM

Feb 2010
Even though i don't totally agree with incest in anime, people shouldn't over think things. After all as long as it stays an anime it doesn't bother me too much.

Mar 17, 2010 8:34 PM

Aug 2007
ezikialrage said:
Kamehamayhem said:

I think it is disgusting.I think only two kinds of people write that kind of shit and or like it, Sickos and those who did not grow up with siblings. It would be different if it was between those only related by marriage like step family or in-laws relatives, thats not blood incest.

Nah. Open minded people don't mind it because it doesn't effect them.
Mar 17, 2010 10:27 PM

Sep 2008
ezikialrage said:
Kamehamayhem said:

What are you 5 years old? If no one told you it was incest it wouldn't even make a difference, you probably still would fap to it.

People make a big deal over the dumbest shit, it's hilarious. God forbid 2 consenting adults have sex in a work of fiction. People seem to forget that less then 150years ago, Incest was about common place, totally fine, and in alot of places encouraged.
JigeroMar 18, 2010 1:02 AM
It doesn't think, it doesn't feel, it doesn't laugh or cry..... All it does from dusk till dawn is make the soldiers die.
Mar 18, 2010 12:34 AM

Nov 2009
TWINCEST. :)
Kay, it's funny in ouran. In everything else it's creepy and wrong.
I guess there's just something about forbidden love that the Japanese are facinated with.
curiouser and curiouser :)
Mar 18, 2010 2:24 AM

Nov 2009
Incest lol

I don't personally watch incest, but as someone who watches anime far be it from me to tell another person their preferences are wrong. Just because it feels wrong to me doesn't mean I should preach to others about how it's wrong. After all the shit I've watched I think that I'm in no position to talk shit. After all
CarlosHXC said:
It's anime.
Everything goes.

QFT
Mar 18, 2010 5:36 AM

Dec 2008
N1nj4br34dm4n said:
To me the idea of being disgusted by incest is kind of silly. I understand that some people are, and that's fine. I don't think it's a big deal if you think it's sick. It's how you think, and you're entitled to that. When you think about it though, it's just two people having sex, why does it matter if they're related or not? Just because it's taboo, or our society has told us it's wrong? Maybe I'm a rare breed, but I like to make up my own mind on what I think, I might be influenced by friends, family, and the media, but I never let what they have to say make my decisions. If they make sense then they'll convince me, if not, then I'll just think they're some crackpot fools who were never able to think for themselves.

You sir, are enlightened indeed. I shall call thee Ghandi.

By the way, all youse guys should watch the movie Old Boy. It's not anime, but it is asian and one of the best movies ever made.
Existence, well what does it matter?
I exist on the best terms I can
The past is now part of my future
Mar 18, 2010 6:03 AM

Jan 2010
Ever seen 'Harold & Kumar: Escape from Guantanamo Bay'?

Its as stereotyped (and as true) as incest will ever get.

Mar 18, 2010 6:22 AM

Jan 2010
I knew a guy who married his half sister. They had the same father, but different mother. Well, what can I say, they loved each other that's fine. Of course, if I remember correctly, they didn't grow up together.

What I think is that when you grow up with someone you become naturally disgusted of thinking sexually about that person. It is just something that is in our blood and is like installed in our entities. I personally think that even people who like incest aren't really in love with their sister/brother. it is just the concept of 'forbidden' fascinating them.

As for non-blood related incest, well, that's another matter. I have no problem whatsoever with that and I think it's actually pretty common. But, as always, under certain circumstances. If they were really young when they became siblings, even if they were told later the truth I doubt much would change. However, if they were already in the age where one begins to notice the other sex, then other feelings might be born even easier due to the closure between the two (living, eating together, school etc.)

Sibling incest... that's not even called that. And that sure is popular in Japan.

The only problem incest causes, aside from humiliation and rejection from society (o_O), is in the children's blood and health.

The main problem of incest is the kids. There must be no more than 20% (not sure...) similarity in the blood between the two parents, or the kid won't be assured a healthy future. I once stumbled upon a table that showed between which relative there is no danger and which there is. For example, I do not recall much but... siblings have 100% the same blood because they have the same parents. half siblings have 50% because they share one parent etc.

Incest between adults and kids though, is already crossing the line...
werrstonMar 18, 2010 9:04 AM
Mar 18, 2010 6:59 AM
Feb 2010
Its acceptable and potential interesting in the framework it is usually presented in, ie forbidden love, brother/sister complexes ect. Its kinda kinky, kinda scandalous and makes for nice wholesome "line-crossing content".

Now if some anime or person starts advocating for legalizing or promoting long-term incestuous relations then it becomes "all about the kids" and they deserve to be slapped cause they are ignorant of science and medicine.
Mar 18, 2010 7:01 AM

Aug 2009
Jigero said:
ezikialrage said:
Kamehamayhem said:

What are you 5 years old? If no one told you it was incest it wouldn't even make a difference, you probably still would fap to it.

People make a big deal over the dumbest shit, it's hilarious. God forbid 2 consenting adults have sex in a work of fiction. People seem to forget that less then 150years ago, Incest was about common place, totally fine, and in alot of places encouraged.

Amazing how it seems that when ever there is a thread about pedophilia/loli or a thread about some other deviant behavior there is always someone out there to defend it or those who get off reading crap that involves some sort of deviant behavior. Do you get off reading about about incestuous relationships? Do you fantasize about a a sister or perhaps brother or wish that you lived in Arkansas or was member of a royal family so then it would be okay to have incestuous sexual relations?
Mar 18, 2010 12:15 PM

Mar 2009
Having personally been with a cousin myself (first, once removed - ie my first cousins kid) I have absolutely no problem with it.

As for siblings, I like to read/watch it just because it's a kink of mine. I don't agree with it in RL, because I just don't - probably because the real ick-factor comes from growing up with a person (or at least some studies have shown). Although there is GSA (Genetic Sexual Attraction).

I have a problem with direct incest - which is when you are a family unit (parents, children, siblings, aunts/uncles) but anything past that is more indirect so I don't have a problem with it.

I enjoy it for the sake of the tabooness of it all.

In real life, so long as they are two consenting adults (providing no trauma has been caused when they are younger, like, abusing your little sister sexually or being manipulating to make her consent - for example) then you can do whatever the hell you want behind closed doors.
So long as you don't come right out and say it, it doesn't matter to me.

"All my Battles have Been Won
But the War has Just Begun!"
Mar 20, 2010 9:48 AM

Aug 2007
ezikialrage said:
Jigero said:
ezikialrage said:
Kamehamayhem said:

Amazing how it seems that when ever there is a thread about pedophilia/loli or a thread about some other deviant behavior there is always someone out there to defend it or those who get off reading crap that involves some sort of deviant behavior. Do you get off reading about about incestuous relationships? Do you fantasize about a a sister or perhaps brother or wish that you lived in Arkansas or was member of a royal family so then it would be okay to have incestuous sexual relations?

We're just open-minded unlike you.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» Is it weird that I wish strong female characters would get sad ending?

Sanjay63773 - 1 hour ago

9 by Zefyris »»
1 minute ago

Poll: » Interest and hobbies change with time

nishant0 - Yesterday

35 by deg »»
1 minute ago

» Has the isekai bubble finally burst ( 1 2 )

EastIndiaCompany - Yesterday

50 by EastIndiaCompany »»
7 minutes ago

» Anticipated Spring 2024 anime

ani2016 - Mar 13

16 by Pengawas »»
9 minutes ago

» Anime Misandry ( 1 2 3 )

ColourWheel - Apr 21

110 by himegal »»
29 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.