Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Sep 19, 2015 12:07 AM

Apr 2011
I loove Sugawa~! <3
Dec 12, 2015 5:14 AM
Aug 2013
It's amazing how much Kurosawa's attitude have change since the last school trip, he's become so much more optimistic.
Mar 14, 2017 9:05 AM
Jul 2018
Liked it, provided a bit closure on the sugawa and Kurosawa relationship and gave an insight on his character of how much he has changed now. Wanted to see more on the Kitahara side of the story but nevertheless it was satisfying.
Nov 7, 2018 12:31 AM

Jul 2009
More of an after story than a real closure, but still worth reading. Love how Sugawa steals the spotlight even though she only appears in the last few pages. Best girl indeed.
Jan 2, 2019 10:33 PM

May 2017
Sugawa is best girl

Kurosawa x Sugawa ftw

9/10

Needs a sequel, more of the otp and more focus on them next time I hope so
Jul 21, 2019 4:40 PM

Dec 2017
Kurosawa and Sugawa are honestly one of the best couples I've ever seen. As they are both more or less antisocial even something as holding hands took them 5 fucking months. And the fact that just one event can boost their relationship is actually really inspiring to me.

For Kurosawa who previously never dealt with greater emotions regarding contact with other people the first realization about the simplest feelings is something magical.

I'd be feeling bad coparing this to the manga which is obviously a proper and complete piece while this is a sweet ass spin-off (I can't even see this as a sequel).
Aug 9, 2019 4:51 AM

May 2018
So we got to see them going out again, not that good as the manga but can compare to manga chaoter 31. Good to see them again having fun, but then they are going to separate ways as they go older. Didnt expect Sugawa ang Kurosawa's relationship to be like this, I love it. But then I would like to see this in manga form. I dont feel some of the character from this, maybe because this is short only compare to manga. " To begin with, even though we’ve been going out for five months, we haven’t even kissed or so much as held hands yet . If things continue on like this, I won’t ever be able to ask to touch those voluptuous boobs that make me drool when I start thinking about them . " Reading this makes me happy as it reminds me of the old Kurosawa. Good ending.

Oct 3, 2019 4:04 AM
Jul 2018
Wow, what a haruhi-tier fanfiction stuff.

Jun 9, 2020 1:20 PM

Nov 2008
"A lot of stuff happened, but it was fun" - i just cannot swallow these words by Kurosawa. From the provided description i felt like this trip was nothing like the first one, from which i got the impression that most of the fun was gained from Nagaoka and Takagawa pulling less sociable others along with them, making them engaged. But here, Takagawa and Nagaoka spend most of the time together since they are a couple now, leaving out the others mostly to themselves. Then, their argument happens and after that the rest of the trip is shrouded in awkwardness. But hey, they have taken the promised photo at the end and technically fulfilled Takagawa's dream, so it's fine, right? Like hell it is! I cannot even recall a single moment depicted where Kurosawa, Kitahara or Pizza-ta were having fun! Am i really the only one disappointed by how their trip turned out to be? In the end we got a nicely presented life lesson out of this after story, but it came with a bitter taste for me. At least, as already mentioned by many in this thread, more of Kurosawa and Sugawa's relationship in here was a sweet & welcome treat.

P.s. can't stop thinking about voluptuous delinquent tsundere boobs

AngelicFeces said:
Anyways, was I the only one who thought the "age" felt off? I mean, it started off in middle school (which I had initially thought was high school) and they're already having a reunion (for a second time [the first being the whole class in the restaurant]) and talking about moving away for jobs when they still haven't even finished high school. I don't know, maybe things are different in Japan.

My thoughts exactly, glad to see someone else voice this concern. As i read the manga i couldn't stop wondering why it was set in a middle school instead of a high school because all of the characters could easily pass for high school students. Guess it was answered partly in one of the later chapters where Sugawa talks about how high school is less fun and more serious studying which is quite the different impression from the one i got from watching anime over the years. Perhaps it is true and anime depictions of high school students lives are far from reality.

Twee said:

i really want a manga version of this

and a sequel too!

-Quasar said:
The only thing I liked about this is more Sugawa and Kurosawa added moments which severely lacked in the manga but still, l need moar!!

mango22223 said:
I'm just wondering did Nagaoka and Takigawa break up? and do you guys think that the author will continue the story?

Lairucrem said:
Needs a sequel, more of the otp and more focus on them next time I hope so

Apparently there was a short 10-year celebratory 4-koma from the authors, labeled as chapter 31.5 or chapter 32 on some websites, which consists of four strips (half of which are Kurosawa x Sugawa!) and shows characters 10 years after the manga events.

kevsterr95 said:
After reading this, It's taught me to savor my adolescent, to appreciate the friends you have now and to make memories with them. For you never know when the time comes when they have to leave your life to pursue their dreams. Enjoy your youth and strengthen those bonds with your friends for when the time comes to say good bye, you know you've had a fun ride with them.

Great words, man!
AnimeThemes.moe <- the largest collection of anime Openings & Endings on the Web
AnimeMusicQuiz.com <- guess an anime from your list by it's Opening/Ending music browser game
Aug 7, 2020 7:37 PM

Feb 2019
Nice conclusion for the story, i guess.
This hits me hard because i've already passed through Kurosawa's thoughts. I finished high school 2 years ago and i'm currently studying at university (this year was all virtual because of the quarantine btw) and sometimes it comes to my head a lot of nostalgic memories of me and my group of friends during that period. If I had known at that time that I would feel so alone at the university (i have no friends there) and that i would not see the friends i made during high school anymore, then i would have made of my school days something more memorable. I would have spent more time with them instead of locking myself in my own world just like Kurosawa did at the beginning of the manga. But what can i do now? past is in the past, and i can't change anything from it.

Anyway...i'll give 8/10 to the original manga, and 6/10 to this novel. Hoping to see an anime adaptation someday.
Oct 14, 2020 3:57 AM

Aug 2018
I wished the author made this into a manga but well, letting my imagination imagine the pictures is not so bad.
Jan 5, 2023 7:25 PM

Mar 2020
Yep, this author is pretty good at drawing a reaction from me. There's something about how forward-facing these stories are that works really well in contrast with how self-contained and short they are. There's a believable feeling of claustrophobia here, which works especially well within the context of Kurosawa's angst over being in the bottleneck between childhood and adulthood.

Sugawa's kind of a bitch as per usual, but I think the greatest success of this continuation is in how it managed to justify Kurosawa's affection for her, which kind of came out of nowhere in the manga imo. I like how Sugawa's matter-of-fact way of speaking and her reluctance to budge on anything provides Kurosawa an escape from the instability of his more tumultuous surface-level friendships with the other characters. Never thought I'd say it, but I'm on the same ship train as those who championed their relationship in the manga threads.

I'll miss these characters, though the ways that they've been resolved and redeemed as well as the distinctly late-2000s feel of the story means that I don't really want much more from them. Been a long time since I've last felt this content with the resolution to a story.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Can this even be called a relationship?

Polyphemus - Jun 4, 2013

6 by MH93 »»
Nov 23, 2023 2:33 PM

» Anime adaptation

Ayako_Rose - Apr 22, 2022

2 by crescensXG »»
Aug 24, 2022 9:38 AM

Poll: » Onani Master Kurosawa ~ after the juvenile ~ Chapter 1 Discussion

francismeunier - Mar 14, 2010

4 by sirbootypopper »»
Apr 22, 2016 8:45 PM

» Why exactly is this marked as 18+?

Mana - Jan 21, 2016

0 by Mana »»
Jan 21, 2016 3:42 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.