MyAnimeList.net

Forums

Poll: Onani Master Kurosawa ~ after the juvenile ~ Chapter 2 Discussion


#1
Mar 14, 2010 11:23 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 3732
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
So things got solved with Takigawa finding a solution. I liked that Takigawa gived some good advice to Kurosawa. Aya did not really change much but I hope she finds a nice guy for herself. Best was Kurosawa and Sugawa.....was surprised that Sugawa admitted to over reacting. In the end Kurosawa and Sugawa got to hold hands *cheers for them* Sugawa sure is vulgar and smokes but in the end that vacation will end up in a good kiss I hope for both of them!

Now this needs to become a nice anime for all...though not sure about those bathroom parts and daily routine of Kurosawa. This gets 10...really good and liked!

In spoiler my anime list for now.
 
#2
Mar 19, 2010 2:08 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 636
XD. This was pretty weak compared to the manga, but I'm glad that there was a sequel.

Anyways, lol. Sugawa and Kurosawa, what a nice pair. xD

 
#3
Mar 19, 2010 3:06 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 3732
underMebius said:
XD. This was pretty weak compared to the manga, but I'm glad that there was a sequel.

Anyways, lol. Sugawa and Kurosawa, what a nice pair. xD
Yeah it was weaker and shorter but it was a sound end for sure. Sugawa/Kurosawa...:3 .....I wonder if Kurosawa might start smoking because of Sugawa but yeah they make a good couple.

In spoiler my anime list for now.
 
#4
Apr 10, 2010 1:21 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 94
Really awesome sequel. I think novels fit the author much more than manga and especially serious novels with a tidy bit of parody. I didn't really like the first half of Onani master Kurosawa but when it turned the serious mode on I had to read it in one sit. All in all a very unique series.
 
#5
Jun 25, 2010 11:01 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 7
francismeunier said:
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
So things got solved with Takigawa finding a solution. I liked that Takigawa gived some good advice to Kurosawa. Aya did not really change much but I hope she finds a nice guy for herself. Best was Kurosawa and Sugawa.....was surprised that Sugawa admitted to over reacting. In the end Kurosawa and Sugawa got to hold hands *cheers for them* Sugawa sure is vulgar and smokes but in the end that vacation will end up in a good kiss I hope for both of them!

Now this needs to become a nice anime for all...though not sure about those bathroom parts and daily routine of Kurosawa. This gets 10...really good and liked!

Where did you get this chapter or did you buy it?
 
#6
Jul 12, 2010 5:18 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 1620
I really liked it a lot. Don't treat it as a separate entity. To enjoy it you've to recall Kurosawa's nature in your mind again and again

A person who was so self centered that it didn't even matter to him if the world collapsed or he was the only person living on this earth. He changed a lot. So much that he gets worried sick if his gf doesn't reply to his emails for a day. The person who kept his matters to himself only has changed so much that he wants to tell his each and everything to the person he likes. A great change in him

I wish it was a manga but nonetheless it was great to read. And I hope that Pizza-ta achieves what he dreams and Nagaoka and Takigawa realize their dreams without being apart. And also that Kitahara can change the way Kurosawa did
The Yorozuya without Shinpachi is like Shinpachi without Glasses
 
#7
Sep 9, 2010 7:15 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 3569
Well it was much better... this second chapter was much different and really had the old Onani feel.... It's like the author suddenly remembered how was the manga and put that touch in this second chapter... Nonetheless, Kitahara remained unchanged... like she's the eternal squirrel.... and well... everyone else changed... Nagaoka having this longing for Takigawa.... And Takigawa having such dreams... just as Pizza-ta...

And I hoped to see a different reaction from Kitahara... but got nothing new out of her... Well I just she does change as Kurosawa is slowly changing and becomes more interesting... I know she's aware of the world, but I guess she has to open up a lil' bit more to be an acceptable girl for the standard society... Esp liked when Kurosawa realised that he was the only one who had the luck to see "girly" expressions out from Kitahara's Face hahaha

And Sugawa and Kurosawa... dude just as sweet as it was in the beginning... Sugawa really surprised me there when she admitted that she actually overdid it... IMO she has the right to be that angry... After all they're a couple... or something like that... XD Well they're officially one now ne? It was avery fitting ending... Really recovered from the horrible first chapter!

Signs,
Green



 
#8
Oct 10, 2010 5:43 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 1767
Took five months to make that progress. xD







 
#9
Oct 15, 2010 12:13 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 927
I wish there's a manga :'(
 
Nov 18, 2010 10:41 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 3034
The only thing I liked about this is more Sugawa and Kurosawa added moments which severely lacked in the manga but still, l need moar!!

I mean, common, Imma happy for them that at least after 5 months (Seriously? 0_o) they get to hold hands but at the very least, I would be more satisfied with an end it with a kiss or something.

Nevertheless 8/10.
Modified by -Quasar, Nov 18, 2010 10:46 AM
 
Nov 29, 2010 7:19 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 679
I'm i just have one question did they have the copy right use if the name of the order of the black knights from code geas and the S.O.S Dan from haruhi i think its copy right in printment but the novel good wish to be turn to an anime but how would they deal with kurosawa's daily duties
 
Jan 15, 2011 9:39 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 204
HELLSATAN said:
I'm i just have one question did they have the copy right use if the name of the order of the black knights from code geas and the S.O.S Dan from haruhi i think its copy right in printment but the novel good wish to be turn to an anime but how would they deal with kurosawa's daily duties


They can just show his upper body... sounds are fine I guess, but as long they show upper body it'd be a good anime imo
 
May 20, 2011 9:27 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 161
It was too much to hope for a Kurosawa and Kitahara relationship blossoming. I never really cared too much about Sugawa so I was hoping that he would break up with her. Oh well, I still liked the story somewhat.

I was really disappointed how little Kitahara had developed.
 
Jul 14, 2011 5:39 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 1679
hJ said:
I really liked it a lot. Don't treat it as a separate entity. To enjoy it you've to recall Kurosawa's nature in your mind again and again

A person who was so self centered that it didn't even matter to him if the world collapsed or he was the only person living on this earth. He changed a lot. So much that he gets worried sick if his gf doesn't reply to his emails for a day. The person who kept his matters to himself only has changed so much that he wants to tell his each and everything to the person he likes. A great change in him

That's exactly what I loved. Some fine character development.

Anyways, was I the only one who thought the "age" felt off? I mean, it started off in middle school (which I had initially thought was high school) and they're already having a reunion (for a second time [the first being the whole class in the restaurant]) and talking about moving away for jobs when they still haven't even finished high school. I don't know, maybe things are different in Japan.
 
Nov 2, 2011 9:31 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 87
AHH damn what a heart warming ending. What kurosawa says is fucking truth though, how we can only cherish what we got now and hope that we can make more memories
 
Nov 10, 2011 2:41 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 5
I'm just wondering did Nagaoka and Takigawa break up? and do you guys think that the author will continue the story?
 
Jan 7, 2012 5:02 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 1182
5 months of perseverance....totally worth it!!

sugawa really is perfect for him

i really want a manga version of this

and a sequel too!

i think though without his crimes it wont be as good as the prequel i think

but a good romance manga is good too~

perfect way to end it-!!
 
Apr 2, 2012 9:12 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 3621
My favorite part was the last few pages with Sugawa. Kurosawa and Sugawa are a really great and fun couple.

Anyways it ended very nicely.
 
May 6, 2012 11:17 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 444
I'm still mad that Kurosawa never told Taki that he loved her.
 
Sep 3, 2012 10:56 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 133
''Why the hell is it so easy to make people mad and so hard to make them smile?''

I don't know why but I got goosebumps when Kurosawa said this in the story. Shows how honest and confused he is about the most basic things of human communications.
 
Sep 9, 2012 4:31 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 270
This series would certainly make a great anime.

This novel was okay. Nothing amazing, but it was nice to see the characters after some time has passed. Why does this have the psychological genre though?
 
Sep 11, 2012 12:52 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 5499
I read Onani Master Kurosawa a while ago and had put this part of it on hold for a while, but after reading it, I can't help but smile. Like others have said, it wasn't as good as the manga, but I think it was very refreshing. We've seen the change in Kurosawa and we also saw some development in his relationship with Sugawa. I don't agree that there should be more of this story, because at this point, it would just be getting dragged on. He was self centered, self absorbed, conceited, and a prick in the manga, but in the end we saw him strive for something different and try to change as a person. Great, that is essential character development in any story format. These 2 chapters were given to us as fan service so that we could see what they became near the end of their high school years, and it was enjoyable... there was no particularly interesting plot to it or anything to keep us glued to our chairs while we read this; it was just fan service. Anymore than this and it would just become boring.
 
Dec 24, 2012 2:08 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 613
Im glad that they made a sequel to the manga, loved the progression on Sugawa x Kurosawa.

After reading this, It's taught me to savor my adolescent, to appreciate the friends you have now and to make memories with them. For you never know when the time comes when they have to leave your life to pursue their dreams. Enjoy your youth and strengthen those bonds with your friends for when the time comes to say good bye, you know you've had a fun ride with them.
 
Mar 5, 2013 3:42 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 4391
korn7809 said:
I'm still mad that Kurosawa never told Taki that he loved her.

I think she already knows this but their feelings have changed and I think there is no more need another comparison about it.

francismeunier said:
Now this needs to become a nice anime for all...though not sure about those bathroom parts and daily routine of Kurosawa.

Indeed, It would be really complicated to make an anime about masturbation but of course I'd love to.

-Quasar said:
The only thing I liked about this is more Sugawa and Kurosawa added moments which severely lacked in the manga but still, l need moar!!

I mean, common, Imma happy for them that at least after 5 months (Seriously? 0_o) they get to hold hands but at the very least, I would be more satisfied with an end it with a kiss or something.

Nevertheless 8/10.

This!
 
May 16, 2013 6:55 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2011
Posts: 582
I still don't like his choice in picking Sugawa as his girlfriend; Kitahara has far better chemistry with Kurosawa, and it would have been more logical for her to end up with him imo. Oh well, it is what it is I guess. This novel was enjoyable to read, nevertheless.

And last but not least, this series totally needs an anime!
 
Jun 5, 2013 4:13 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 570
I enjoyed reading it and loved how it ended with Kurasawa and Sugawa I really like them as a couple.

it would have been nice to see this in Manga form or even an Anime.
 
Aug 11, 2013 4:50 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 276
It all ends with a short and sweet sequel. 8/10. I loved the last scene.

This series needs a proper manga and anime.
The statement below is true.
The statement above is false.
 
Feb 7, 2014 11:08 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 1231
Testament956 said:
It was too much to hope for a Kurosawa and Kitahara relationship blossoming. I never really cared too much about Sugawa so I was hoping that he would break up with her. Oh well, I still liked the story somewhat.

I was really disappointed how little Kitahara had developed.

I've never seen any romance between Kurosawa and Kithara so I don't really know what you are talking about, still they're great friends.

aw this was too short and I would also like to see an anime adaptation.
 
Feb 15, 2014 5:31 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 3387
I guess Kurosawa x Sugawa is the best couple afterall
Pervert vs. Tsundere xD

And I don't care about the other couples
"Go Die Riajuu!" (Wise word from Hikigaya 8man xD)
"I know love. Convenient store was sell it. For 298 yen." -Mayoi Hachikuji "You don't need a driver's license to hit and run!" -Kagura
 
Oct 10, 2014 11:03 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 5298
No onani for the master this time. He's become a good boy now.

Sweet ending.
“If it were a third-rate TV anime, a dead protagonist can come back to life at the producers’ convenience. But the world we live in is not such a convenient place. Lost lives will never return. Because of it, we live in a world where a life is an irreplaceable existence.”
 
Oct 23, 2014 4:25 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 6248
dislikes:
1. the psychological nature from the original manga has completely died away

2. series turned into a plain slice of life...

3. we never to get fully hear about kitahara's side of the story

4. kurosawa has lost his dark side.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

8/10 for the novel
10/10 for the original manga. one of the best things i've found in my life
僕の運命: 字幕を使って止められるまで僕は日本語が勉強する。アニメのためだ
My Destiny: study Japanese until I can stop using subs. I do it for anime.
If u have time to post on MAL,Learn Japanese.Ur life will change as u Get past the language barrier.
Dive even deeper in a world where u can Completely lose urself for days & days…inside the things u love.
Im in that world… are u?
 
Nov 8, 2014 4:07 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2014
Posts: 1326
francismeunier said:
underMebius said:
XD. This was pretty weak compared to the manga, but I'm glad that there was a sequel.

Anyways, lol. Sugawa and Kurosawa, what a nice pair. xD
Yeah it was weaker and shorter but it was a sound end for sure. Sugawa/Kurosawa...:3 .....I wonder if Kurosawa might start smoking because of Sugawa but yeah they make a good couple.

I hope since they are dating she'll stop smoking.. since it's a huge turn off if a girl smokes... but since he seems to love her that much he doesn't mind...
Got something to live for, I know that I won't surrender,
A warrior of youth,
I'm taking over, a shot to the new world order
I Am Bulletproof. . .

 
Nov 20, 2014 9:32 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 332
Good ending. Sugawa's tsundere personality is the best.
 
Jan 18, 3:03 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2014
Posts: 28
korn7809 said:
I'm still mad that Kurosawa never told Taki that he loved her.


Me too, I really wanted him to tell her but things might have gotten awkward if he did.

I thought she liked him too at first with the whole soul mate thing and even going to the movies with him.

Still kind of mad they didn't end up together.
 
Jan 18, 8:13 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2014
Posts: 2404
Ridicululz said:
korn7809 said:
I'm still mad that Kurosawa never told Taki that he loved her.


Me too, I really wanted him to tell her but things might have gotten awkward if he did.

I thought she liked him too at first with the whole soul mate thing and even going to the movies with him.

Still kind of mad they didn't end up together.


Yeah, same here.. I think if he just gone to that cram school at that time, there is a high chance they have ended up together as a couple… although his redemption would have never happened. Hiding his afterschool activity will haunt him.
 
Feb 10, 1:04 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 407
where can you read this?
 
 
Apr 25, 3:31 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 1803
"After that, we both took out our hands, and held hands on the way back.

Five months of perseverance. This was the first time I had held Sugawa’s hand; it was small, and soft.

“So this is how a girl’s hand feels.”

“Shut up…shut up and walk!”


So cute :3

I wish there were more chapters :c
 
Jul 19, 5:34 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2014
Posts: 254
The perfect yet imperfect closure. I need more Sugawa and Kurosawa moments.

idk but sugawa pls stop smoking
"The one true, unchanging righteousness in the world is..cuteness! Cute makes right! All our needs, desires, and instincts seek cuteness, and it is for cuteness that we will give everything we have! That's just the way men are!" - Sora
 
Aug 24, 9:26 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2013
Posts: 32
"The day will come when memories that we’ve built up during our childhood will one day turn into dust and blow away in the wind.

But you see, Sugawa. I want to take you out with me into the world after we’ve become adults.

I want to make memories together with you continuing onward from our adolescent years."
inochi ga kurikaesu naraba nandomo kimi no moto e ...
... if life can be repeated, i'll go to you many times over
 
Top