Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 14, 2010 11:06 AM

Aug 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Part 1:
-KOUME EPISODE HNNNNNGGGHHHHH...
-And a siscon brother of course
-Hii-chan so cute when she quietly cheered her "disciple" on.
-OH S***! KAMINA GLASSES! (sorry, kid. you're not awesome enough to go beyond the impossible. Plus, they were purple. That's just the wrong color)

Part 2:
-THE GLASSES TEACHER WAS SINGING THE SECOND OP FROM SHAMAN KING!
-"Yatta, Yatta, Kokuhaku da~"
-It was probably when she was all "I wish someone would say that to me too" that I screamed YOU F***ING IDIOT! at Yamamoto (through my computer of course :P)
-AND NOW THEY'RE PLAYING THE FIRST OP FROM SHAMAN KING!

ED:
-....WHAT...THE...HELL!? No seriously, WTF? What was that even doing? How could Gainax make something that creepy? (yamamoto as a vampire at the end was like :O)
Mar 14, 2010 11:18 AM
Jul 2018
First part was okay, I first had doubts about that siscon, but it didn't end up badly. Megane-kun was cool :3
Had more expectation from the second part, confession was drunk, the YATTA part weird and the outcome predictable.. poor Tsucchi hits a famous phrase he did not even know ~~
At least Hinagiku showed up again :)
The ED was superb xD
Mar 14, 2010 2:01 PM

Feb 2008
hehe the show aside. what he hell was with those ending credits...kind of amusing but mildly disturbing.
Mar 14, 2010 2:11 PM

Dec 2007
I WISH I HAD A SISTER LIKE KOUME ;_;

I would treasure her even more than him

HNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG
DeadIEndMar 14, 2010 2:16 PM
Mar 14, 2010 2:19 PM

Jul 2008
This episode's reference: Shaman King(the song they sang in the karaoke box and the one played when Tsuchida and the 2 teachers were drinking at that bar was a Shaman King opening)-I think this is the only anime that ever made a reference to Shaman King

This episode was funny :) and sweet
Mar 14, 2010 2:23 PM

Sep 2008
Ha, yeah, I loved the karaoke with "Northern Lights".
Glad Hinagiku got first place; she was just so adorable. Koume was great too... pandaneko medal > pedobear medal.

WHY WERE THE SIDETAIL TWINS LAST!?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 14, 2010 2:52 PM
Dec 2007
Very funny episode, the second aprt was silly but great.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Mar 14, 2010 3:24 PM

May 2009
The ED was creepy awesome. And this episode was funny and cute like the rest.
Lots of Koume and Hinagiku, which was nice. Yamamoto is really dense; I hope she realizes Tsuchida's feelings for her in the end. The "Yatta, yatta, kokuhaku da~" song was so random and hilarious! Hiiragi's ninja costume was cool too... xD
Mar 14, 2010 3:34 PM

May 2009
The first half was on the boring side, though at least Koume's brother didn't turn out to be creepy in the end.

The second half was fun. Nothing like seeing co-workers getting smashed. Yamamoto is beyond dense even with Tsuchida being much more direct than he's ever been. Poor guy. Well, as I see it, he's got 2 more episodes to get through to her. If they can't even accomplish a proper confession by then, I'll be very disappointed.

The ED had some style, but that was a pretty messed up thing to do to a little kid. At least have her wake up from her nightmare or whatever that was.
Mar 14, 2010 6:16 PM

Oct 2009
The first part was great as a proof that Koume's brother has a deep concern for Kouma and yeah he is not a creep at all. Koume's crying somehow = to me :( but good thing the brother made a medal for her for the effort she made but it was strange that she did not feel any cheering from people clapping their hands for her. Kusano was great with her training but too bad Toshiaki was left out. They should have put "I have the eye of the tiger" with Koume practicing....someone make a video of that on youtube! I thin Toshiaki's glasses hindered him more than looked cool. Ok they put this kind of gag in this series..hmmm...guess it was ok=>
Best GIFs for me...Hiiragi Ninja! Hinagiku jump/run=>

Rest is cheer squads of gangsters and drunk teachers=>
Brother/Koume happiness...Yamamoto smile and Hinagiku/Anzu surprise expression (anyone know the symbols inside their mouth...the meaning?)=>

The second part Kakogawa sensei was pretty drunk there...I though she would a move on Tsuchida....guess not
=>
Yamamoto sensei.....just a facepalm...completely when she told Tsuchida about her thinking his whole thing was acting from a manga called "Love Step" does it really exist? So what happens with Tsuchida? He gets drunk again and becomes a bum! *facepalm* again! Reference to some Broadway show?=>
Tsuchida the bum=>
Horror references I got.....did I get them right please check but lots of pics to refer to with double spoiler since it's too long for a list and some other ones I did not get like the burning windmill or what were those dancing bunnies with purple eyes?
Overall it was good.

In spoiler my anime list for now.
Mar 14, 2010 6:57 PM

Jul 2009
Wow Yamamoto is the most dense girl i ever saw..even after Tsuchida gather his brave to ask for her answer..that's must be tough, i say wait 10 years and both Hinagiku and Anzu will be available XD
Mar 14, 2010 7:18 PM

Oct 2009
Laevantein said:
i say wait 10 years and both Hinagiku and Anzu will be available XD
Rofl....you think he will wait for that? Wait by then he will be in his 30s.....why not? He might but Hinagiku is a big danger.....like I said previously one mistake and it is over for Tsuchida... XD

Mar 14, 2010 7:33 PM

Apr 2009
francismeunier said:
Laevantein said:
Rofl....you think he will wait for that? Wait by then he will be in his 30s.....why not? He might but Hinagiku is a big danger.....like I said previously one mistake and it is over for Tsuchida... XD

Knowing Tsuchida he'll probably still be without a girlfriend even in 10 years...he's already been more than 20 years without one, I'm sure he can wait another 10 years :P
Mar 14, 2010 9:24 PM

Oct 2009
Demon_Acker said:
francismeunier said:
Laevantein said:

Knowing Tsuchida he'll probably still be without a girlfriend even in 10 years...he's already been more than 20 years without one, I'm sure he can wait another 10 years :P
Yeah I agree with you but there still Yamamoto if he mans up but knowing him with that last karaoke thing guess maybe not in the end.

Mar 14, 2010 10:51 PM

Feb 2008
francismeunier said:
Hinagiku/Anzu surprise expression (anyone know the symbols inside their mouth...the meaning?)=>

It is just what they were sounding, "eeee!??!?!"

God I love this show. But I will love it less if Tsushi doesn't get through to Yamamoto-sensei.

がんばて!!

Mar 14, 2010 11:19 PM

Oct 2009
Zerakus said:
francismeunier said:
Hinagiku/Anzu surprise expression (anyone know the symbols inside their mouth...the meaning?)=>

It is just what they were sounding, "eeee!??!?!"

God I love this show. But I will love it less if Tsushi doesn't get through to Yamamoto-sensei.

がんばて!!

But each of their symbols looks different yet you are saying the sense of both just = to eeeee?

Mar 14, 2010 11:26 PM

Apr 2008
The confession was funny ... Hina and Anzu tio stunned when found out he confessed xD

In the end pitied him for getting dumped ... lol

Mar 15, 2010 12:16 AM

Apr 2008
the small 'tsu' on the end is an emphasis, for continuing the "e" sound.

Also, Yamato-sensei going all ARA ARA made me go "OHARA TAUGHT ERINO WELL DAMMIT"
Mar 15, 2010 12:33 AM

Feb 2008
I like HK quite a bit but could somebody explain the ending? I don't see how Anzu being terrified can by any stretch be considered either cute or entertaining.
Mar 15, 2010 1:15 AM

Nov 2008
Koume's brother was cute ^3^
Also, I didn't expect such a ending but it was cool. At the beggining looked like Honey and Clover spoof, with this bicycle and all. ^3^''
Mar 15, 2010 1:23 AM

Oct 2009
chinaboat said:
I like HK quite a bit but could somebody explain the ending? I don't see how Anzu being terrified can by any stretch be considered either cute or entertaining.
The only thing I see in the ED is Yamamoto sensei being a vampire and Anzu thinking that she will steal Tsuchida somehow by being of the vampire nature.....other than that just a bunch of horror references.....still wonder if I got most of them right.....

Mar 15, 2010 3:17 AM

Aug 2009
chinaboat said:

I think that was just Gainax being Gainax.
Mar 15, 2010 4:41 AM

Feb 2009
Koume's brother is taking pictures of underage children, doesn't he know it's now forbidden in Tokyo? Oh wait, that law is only for imaginary characters...

They're teaching the wrong message in kindergarten. In real life (sadly) effort isn't awarded in any sort of way, only results. Poor kids. :(

But enough of gloomy things, Koume is NNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGHHHHH KAWAII. x)

The second part was pretty funny, especially the random confession.
AlexstratzMar 15, 2010 4:54 AM
Mar 15, 2010 7:18 AM
Jul 2009
can't have high expectations on a love-comedy genre haha.. yamamoto-sensei is just so dense, poor tsuchi :o

and lol @ shamanking op's
Mar 15, 2010 9:43 AM

Apr 2009
It's kinda unfortunate that this show has two episodes left.
I believe this show has good content.

Overall, I thought that this was a good episode.
The end of the first part was charming, while everything else was kinda funny.
Mar 15, 2010 10:57 AM

Sep 2008
Wasted kindergarten teachers ftw!
Mar 15, 2010 12:30 PM

Apr 2009
At least now we know how the sidetail twins are called!
Seems like the first twin is named Ran....can anyone decipher the second one? I can't figure out the 2nd character in her name, it's kinda hard to see.
Demon_AckerMar 15, 2010 1:26 PM
Mar 15, 2010 1:18 PM

Apr 2008
LaAmaya said:
Also, I didn't expect such a ending but it was cool. At the beggining looked like Honey and Clover spoof, with this bicycle and all. ^3^''

I thought of Higurashi instead... and well, uh.
Mar 15, 2010 1:33 PM

Dec 2009
First half was okay, I felt sorry for Koume when they started clapping.
Second part was great and I laughed pretty much. The show is at its best when it centers around the adults.
I have my own anime blog. It's called Anime Viking. Hope you'll you read it!

Mar 15, 2010 4:26 PM

Aug 2008
Aww... Koume is cute. Ah, kids, when "just doing your best" is enough. Too bad the adult world only cares about the results, and not the effort :/

Second part was really funny, with the confession. Yamamoto-sensei, seriously... you are too dense.

The ending was very WTF. The music and the animation did not much at all... I liked the music, but I did not like the animation.

Thanks, person who gave me this on another site a long time ago, lol.
Mar 15, 2010 10:38 PM
Jun 2008
ep.10

another day then a person there watching get oh no seeing koume got ball head hit.
then seeing person reaction anzu jump on tsuchi cause of that person who tsuchi said it koume's brother.
koume's brother take phone pic of koume then got NO!!! cause of what happen to koume.
koume's brother talk to tsuchi about upcoming event involve with koume then anzu & koume hear what happen with hii-ninja.
but they need a coach for koume so bring in kindergarten teacher (who show tsuchi that conan warrior vid) then start with some proper running.
koume wonder if she get a medal while talking with her brother.
it's the event day & yep hii blush on on kenji who over push the ball.
hinagiku doing her run then got WHAT by her yakuza dad & crew & got a medal.
now time for the foot race seeing koume train a lot for it.
AH shades for a race but last.
anzu win a race with hii 2nd.
now for koume race iwth koume lead but slip oh no but koume still continue but stop cause of the clap then koume's brother calling her to reach the finish line & she did with her brother.
then koume's brother gave koume's a special medal.

2nd half
teachers relax & have dinner together
tuschi talking with yamamoto then some talks then teachers start get drunk a bit.
now it karaoke time (ah shamen king song) with tsuchi & 3 females include yamamoto & call tsuchi a doobi man very WHAT?!
ah yamamoto is drunk & clean tsuchi.
then ask tsuchi to confess WHAT?! cause yamamoto is drunk so pour 7 more drinks on tsuchi.
then tsuchi grab the mic for yamamoto to ask her.
he confess while drunk saying you did it jump hop to the tokyo tower.
next day tsuchi very hangover while koume & hii check on him.
then confess what happen to koume & hii but not tell anzu then here anzu & hinagiku.
then that muscle teacher mention last night then here yamamoto then hinagiku & anzu curious about last night so muscle teacher "said it" anzu & hinagiku go NO!!! but yamamoto did not answer it.
poor tsuchi really stuck with kindergarten.
then tsuchi hear wedding in yamamoto's class but it only a pic of yamamoto in a wedding dress.
so tsuchi ask yamamoto about last night but it was on love step?
poor poor tsuchi got pwn'd.
later night another teacher time (ah another shamen king op)
next day anzu & her mom walk around see tsuchi in the trash really hangover again?!
so anzu's mom pwn'd tsuchi.

ed vid anzu & yamamoto on bike then house, psycho, burning, scare anzu, franky, vamp, fredy, jason, leather, zombies, frakny's wife, more scared anzu, saw dolls, here hinagiku's yakuza dad!!!, panic anzu, ring well, then ball bounce, oh no yamamoto the vampire!!!

next ep we get a wife & story.
LIVING THE GS-LIFESTYLE
MR.GS
JUST ON THE JOURNEY THROUGH THE ANIME WORLD
THE KLAC OF ANIME WORLD
you either with ANIME http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 or against the anime
Mar 16, 2010 2:15 AM

Mar 2008
Sherr said:

Really? I assumed Episodes 1-12 would just be the first season or something, damn :(.

My Anime List | My Video Game Collection

Discord ID: KidRyan89 | Telegram ID: KidRyan
Mar 16, 2010 2:17 AM

Dec 2007
BAAAAAAAAAHAHAHA

Best episode yet.

Baby_Naruto said:
Sherr said:

Really? I assumed Episodes 1-12 would just be the first season or something, damn :(.

Well, there's been no news on a second season, but who knows....
Mar 16, 2010 2:25 AM

Apr 2009
ENTER_KLACMAN said:
ep.10
ed vid anzu & yamamoto on bike then house, psycho, burning, scare anzu, franky, vamp, fredy, jason, leather, zombies, frakny's wife, more scared anzu, saw dolls, here hinagiku's yakuza dad!!!, panic anzu, ring well, then ball bounce, oh no yamamoto the vampire!!!

Tried to list all the movies referenced in the end:

Red ball: The Changeling
Giant rabbits: Night of the Lepus
Man with briefcase: The Exorcist
House: The Amityville Horror
Man and House: Psycho
Burning Windmill: Frankenstein
Swinging axe: The Pit and the Pendulum
Bursting through wall: Frankenstein again
Rising from the coffin: Nosterafu
Striped shirt: A Nightmare on Elm Street
Chopper: Friday the 13th
Chainsaw: The Texas Chainsaw Massacre
Bloody Zombies: idk... Any zombie movie?
Woman with tall hair: Bride of Frankenstein
Dolls with 6: Dead Silence
Axe through Door: The Shining
Well: The Ring

hmm. Frankenstein was the only one referenced twice with different scenes. Maybe I'm wrong about one of them?
Mar 16, 2010 3:42 AM

Oct 2009
hikoghert said:
ENTER_KLACMAN said:
ep.10

Tried to list all the movies referenced in the end:

Red ball: The Changeling
Giant rabbits: Night of the Lepus
Man with briefcase: The Exorcist
House: The Amityville Horror
Man and House: Psycho
Burning Windmill: Frankenstein
Swinging axe: The Pit and the Pendulum
Bursting through wall: Frankenstein again
Rising from the coffin: Nosterafu
Striped shirt: A Nightmare on Elm Street
Chopper: Friday the 13th
Chainsaw: The Texas Chainsaw Massacre
Bloody Zombies: idk... Any zombie movie?
Woman with tall hair: Bride of Frankenstein
Dolls with 6: Dead Silence
Axe through Door: The Shining
Well: The Ring

hmm. Frankenstein was the only one referenced twice with different scenes. Maybe I'm wrong about one of them?

Oh finally! Thank you so much! I knew I was right with some of them but you just confirmed some of my thoughts! Great stuff!

Mar 16, 2010 4:35 AM

Jul 2009
Never thought that Koume's brother has a sister complex. Koume was very adorable in the first part as usual.

Can Yamamoto become more dense than this? I really feel sorry for Tsuchi, though it's really fun seeing those kinds of things happening to him XD

Hiiragi's ninja outfit was WIN!!!
This is a signature.
Mar 16, 2010 7:16 AM

Jun 2009
LaAmaya said:

Really? I thought it looked like Higurashi No Naku Koroni Rei's op O_o
Mar 16, 2010 4:52 PM

Mar 2008
Chenoan said:
Baby_Naruto said:
Sherr said:

I did say assume, I know there's been no news on a second season.....

Mar 16, 2010 5:37 PM

Dec 2007
Baby_Naruto said:
Chenoan said:
Baby_Naruto said:
Sherr said:

Personally I'd love a second season, Square has been known to milk its games, but I'm still unfamiliar with how they do their anime. But I would siezure with joy if they announced a second season.
Mar 16, 2010 5:53 PM

Mar 2009
This was a fun episode. Koume is KAWAII and adorable as all get out. Her Brother is a great character and reminds me of Tsuchi. Speaking of Tsuchi, POOR GUY! :( Yamamoto-sensei is so dense that its almost terrifying. I love what Hiiragi-chan basically said... "Its definitely not over." I would love Yamamoto-sensei to kiss him in the last episode! :D That would be awesome :D We will see, the next episode is about Anzu's Mom and it looks like.... a date, (YES A DATE!!! =D) for Tsuchi with Yamamoto? :D --- Randy
Mar 18, 2010 10:07 AM
Mar 18, 2010 11:34 PM

Mar 2008
Chenoan said:
Baby_Naruto said:
Chenoan said:
Baby_Naruto said:
Sherr said:

Personally I'd love a second season, Square has been known to milk its games, but I'm still unfamiliar with how they do their anime. But I would siezure with joy if they announced a second season.

That would be awesome.

Mar 19, 2010 3:47 AM
Jun 2008
great episode the best blobs too bad gonna end this is like the most moeoh anime ever.

and obvious higurashi rei op. reference lol.
Mar 26, 2010 6:56 PM

Jun 2008
Oh my gosh, that part where they were doing the bunny hope was too funny. Guess Yamamoto will always remain clueless. XD
Mar 29, 2010 10:16 PM
Apr 3, 2010 10:16 AM

Jun 2009
1st scene were Koume's brother spying on his sister, cute while the ball just bounce on top of Koume's head

the racing scene was very touchy

the confession scene was really nice not until they started jumping like forever (sux)
Live well - Laugh often - and Love much

Apr 8, 2010 8:48 PM

Dec 2007
The first part was cute while the second part is lol because of Shaman King. I knew that Nanako is so dense, but I really hope she finally understand that Tsushi likes her. Anzu annoyed me as always.
Apr 15, 2010 6:13 PM

Nov 2006
Loved the Kouga Yun endcard.
Aug 1, 2010 5:43 PM

Mar 2009
Haha

Feb 3, 2011 4:28 AM

Apr 2009
Such a beautiful song in the ending, i wish there were more songs like this in anime osts
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hanamaru Youchien Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

garfield15 - Mar 28, 2010

118 by ShinXShinra »»
Jan 16, 10:09 AM

Poll: » Hanamaru Youchien Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

garfield15 - Mar 21, 2010

56 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Aug 26, 2023 3:03 PM

Poll: » Hanamaru Youchien Episode 9 Discussion

garfield15 - Mar 7, 2010

49 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Aug 26, 2023 2:16 PM

Poll: » Hanamaru Youchien Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Feb 28, 2010

62 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Aug 26, 2023 1:52 PM

Poll: » Hanamaru Youchien Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Feb 21, 2010

63 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Aug 26, 2023 1:29 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.