Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Tsubasa Omnibus
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Mar 19, 2008 10:16 AM

May 2007
Frankly i quite liked Kinomoto Sakura's cameo, mainly cos i'm such a big CCS fan. It didn't really affect the story anyways.

The missing lines from Fai and Yuuko's was kinda poor, since they were sorta important.
Mar 19, 2008 11:04 AM

Oct 2006
I just watched it, it's cool I votet 5of 5 :D But tell me (I didn't read the manga, still on 100th chapter) are they planning to make something Tsubasa Chronicles again? OAV TV?

Mar 19, 2008 11:16 AM

Jun 2007
That was really cool, I feel all giddy lol. Sakura fighting her way to get that blue thing was awesome and emotional cause we never see her getting hurt or anything up to that point in the manga or in either of the two TV seasons, it was really painful seeing her get knocked around so much. BLOOD IN HER EYE DAMN IT!
ahhh, nice way to start the day.
Kinomoto cameo was nice fan service haha. Pretty :)

Mar 19, 2008 11:59 AM

Oct 2007
it was so cool!i hope will be season 3 that will contain this plut!^-^
Mar 19, 2008 12:36 PM
Lead Admin
Faerie Queen

Aug 2007
To everyone with questions about a 3rd season or next OAD series

Third Season
This will, thank god, never happen. BeeTrain made the first two seasons and CLAMP was not happy with the results (probably because they butchered it). Thus, there will never be another season of Tsubasa Chronicles.

Next OAD series
All of us fans are anxiously awaiting any news of this! xD So I'm sure once something official is said, it will be all over the place :D
Mar 19, 2008 12:58 PM

Oct 2007
Really enjoyed it ^_^ just wished there was more epiosdes to look forward to >.<

nice appearence of Sakura from Cardcaptors :D
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 19, 2008 1:47 PM

Mar 2008
I just finished watching it ... I expecting more action and drama but I still loved it ^^

Loves:
1. The animation and soundtrack is still amazing .. maybe even better than the first 2 OVAs. Superb!
2. I especially like the part when Syaoran said "There is something I want to get back.It may never come back.However,if I can protect it, I want to do so" .. so sweet. and the music was just perfect ^^
3. I didn't mind the cameo CCS Sakura. I like her anyway.
4. Sakura kicks ass! I love her here ;p

Urrgghs:
1. I was waiting for the "Fuma grabing Kamui and Subaru getting into psycho mode" scene but it wasn't included .. dammit.
2. I preferred more "explanations" .. like Fai's flashbacks...the manga was more well-told I guess.
3. Limited Kamui and Subaru scenes.

Hope they continue the anime.I give it 9.5/10
nostalgicroninMar 19, 2008 2:34 PM
Mar 19, 2008 4:09 PM
Jan 2008
Kineta said:

Next OAD series
All of us fans are anxiously awaiting any news of this! xD So I'm sure once something official is said, it will be all over the place :D

Whats OAD?
Mar 19, 2008 4:16 PM

Jan 2007
This was a good episode. Nothing great really. Just a nice closure to the arc.
Mar 19, 2008 5:30 PM

Nov 2007
It was a very good OVA.

I really liked how Sakura actually did SOMETHING for the first time.
Her journey really kept me hooked (probably because the mise-en-scène was awesome) and I couldn't stop a little cry of pain and fear each time she injured herself. This is the first time I "cared" for a fictional character so much.

As of the story, well, everything is at place, now, 50 episodes of going around and now the plot feels really launched, I'm just asking for more, since "they" can "actually" do something good out of what they've set in place.
They are neither plants nor animals.
They differ from other forms of life such as the micro-organisms and the fungi. Instead they resemble the primeval body of life and are generally known as Mushi. Their existence and appearance are unknown to many and only a limited number of humans are aware of them.
Mar 19, 2008 8:14 PM

Feb 2008
really a masterpiece is this OVA.

Mar 19, 2008 9:57 PM

Aug 2007
:-/ I just saw it and was kinda dissapointed...I thought the tokyo revelations would finish up the series...but now we have to wait and see if we have the chance to wait 104 weeks for a finale >_< (I don't know anything about the manga or anything since, to me, it is about the same as reading a book)

"The two paths of man and beast intertwine to create a spiral path! Piercing destiny as yesterday's enemies and creating a new path with these hands! The Union of Fate--GURREN-LAGANN! Who the hell do you think we are!?"
Mar 20, 2008 3:36 AM

Mar 2008
monkat said:
:-/ I just saw it and was kinda dissapointed...I thought the tokyo revelations would finish up the series...but now we have to wait and see if we have the chance to wait 104 weeks for a finale >_< (I don't know anything about the manga or anything since, to me, it is about the same as reading a book)

Yes, that's my problem, too. I can't stand Mangas, but in this case I would strongly want to know how this ends.
I started with the TV Anime S1 and it was good at the beginning, but after S1 I lost interest, because there was no real development.

After OVA Ep 1 came out I became interested again and watched S2 of the Anime, but it was rather boring (here and there some nice scenes). The arc before the OVA was a bit interesting, though.

After seeing the OVA I am really, really interested, though. Can't believe Sakura prefers that heartlessl S. over the real one, who was indirectly with her for all this time. The actions of the clone were merely guided by the heart of the real one. I am aware that ppl probably won't be sharing my opinion because they know the story further into the future than me. Maybe he won't stay heartless forever. But then again it would break my heart to see 2 "good" S. fighting over Sakura.

5/5 even the last episode was a bit more slow, but it was expected.
I don't think the young Sakura from CCS (never saw this except one or two eps) is a bad thing to see. It's a nice gimmick. It wasn't in the maga, so what?

Seeing Sakura, always being protected by everyone and never truly doing something, with a revolver shooting monsters was amazing !!! Awsome!

But even if there are more ovas coming out, they can't catch the manga with this pace, right? So we won't be seeing the rest of the story by other means than reading the manga? :(
That would be very sad.
ForeverMar 20, 2008 3:42 AM
Mar 20, 2008 4:22 AM

Nov 2007
I stopped reading/buying the manga at some point so my opinion is made up of the OVA impressions only and I think it was breathtaking.
The downside of this is that we don't know what will happen to Tsubasa Chronicle anime-wise xD (Production I.G. HAS to make more OVAs..). I might as well continue reading the manga xp.
Mar 20, 2008 5:31 AM

Jul 2007
Kineta said:
To everyone with questions about a 3rd season or next OAD series

Third Season
This will, thank god, never happen. BeeTrain made the first two seasons and CLAMP was not happy with the results (probably because they butchered it). Thus, there will never be another season of Tsubasa Chronicles.

Next OAD series

Why does the saeason have to be made by Bee train? Why cant a better company do the third season? It would make sense and make a lot of Tsubasa fans happy tht we get a weekly dose of animated nonsuck Tsubasa.
Haruhi-ism. Because the best religion comes from a god who doesn't know what she's doing.
Mar 20, 2008 8:41 AM

Jul 2007
GoldenLink said:

Why does the saeason have to be made by Bee train? Why cant a better company do the third season? It would make sense and make a lot of Tsubasa fans happy tht we get a weekly dose of animated nonsuck Tsubasa.

Copyright problems.
1) they could not name it "Tsubasa Chronicles", since that title is copyrighted by Beetrain.
2) they could not make direct and clear refferences to past events (as we saw I.G. only has shown still scenes from these events, without any implications on when it happened)
3) They can not use exact color schemes - hence the reason why "rekord clothes" looked a bit different.
4) first two seasons has a lot of stuff going against manga storyline, so people would be really confused - hell, look what happened wwith OVAs. There are still people who can't understand that "Tokyo" happens instead of episodes 43-52...
Mar 20, 2008 9:01 AM

Nov 2007
Hmm better than the last ep but still not great.

7/10 for this episode.
Mar 20, 2008 2:13 PM

Aug 2007
oh, poor sakura. She is so sweet. Only becouse she was sleeping do that.

Im still criying about that.
Mar 20, 2008 5:58 PM

May 2007
This episode made me feel for Sakura so much. I love the girl and really just want to see her happy. But knowing what happens in the manga, well, I'm just going to say quiet.

Anyway, nice OVA. Hope to see more.
Mar 20, 2008 6:30 PM

Nov 2004
I've been cheated! This is an outrage! As a fan of Fay, I am extremely disappointed that they left out the ABSOLUTELY VITAL SCENES OF HIS PAST! Okay, the story of what happened in Tokyo arc could still run without Fay being more emo then he already is. But still! His past! Fay's past is like one of the most sought after mysteries of Tsubasa, and Tokyo arc was one of the first places where we got a FIRST EVER quick and confusing flashback of his terrible past! I'm sure everyone wants to know. And Tokyo arc was when I started bagging on Fay for being extremely emo and depressed for pretty much the rest of the series. I was disappointed that he was more 'happy' then I expected, he acted like his soul had already died in the manga (except when he was with Sakura). It was such a huge contrast in the manga with how Fay acted before and after they lost c!Syaoran, since the Fay before acted happy (although he probably wasn't) while the Fay after pretty much stopped the acting and acted like how he actually is, depressed, tired, upset, annoyed, afraid, etc. Where's the contrast here? He seemed pleasant enough to Yuuko.

I need to cry over the lack of Fay flashback. And the lack of tension when Yuuko said to Fay on what he knows was and was not planned in his past (his expression was much more extreme and shocked). I also need to cry over the lack of tension when Fay says he will fight Kurogane if the guy gets in his way. There was much more tension in the manga, with Fay's vampire eyes and the fact that he has cut off his relation with Kurogane and thus will threaten him now if needed. Oh and yeah, I was also expecting more cries of pain from Fay when he turned into a vampire. It looked a lot more painful in the manga.

No more Kamui, Subaru and Fuuma goodness either. As mentioned already, boo boo.

Watching Sakura was awesome. Though I still felt for her more in the manga. Probably cause she just got beaten up more (or we saw her getting beaten up more) even more in the manga. Over here, her largest on-screen injury was getting stabbed through the leg (which is a huge ouch) but the manga had her sustaining a lot more injuries which was just shocking to watch our Princess do all that.

Overall, I was disappointed cause the stuff I wanted to see the most (anything to do with Fay) either wasn't done or wasn't done with the amount of tension I wanted. I liked the Sakura scenes, but my heart didn't break just yet. But yeah, still better then the TV series. If they do continue with Infinity arc and beyond, please tell me they will put more effort into getting the tension on vital scenes correctly, so that our hearts can actually be pounding while we watch as our previously happy group of travelers fall deeper and deeper into something that will never become as it was before.
Mar 21, 2008 2:49 AM
Nov 2007
Hey Crystal

I am a MASSIVA Fai fan as well I feel every bit of anger in your words and 100% agree with you on everything! I have already bitched about the lack of Fai in this OVA so I wont go on again about it bit I will say that I think that I.G. didnt include that falshbacks of Fai simply because they (and no one) knows yet if Tsubasa is going to be continued to be animated. Therefore to put Fai's past flashbacks in the OVA means they were DEFINATELY going to continue with the anime. At the moment, they dont have to because of they didnt add it.

Crystal

I've been cheated! This is an outrage! As a fan of Fay, I am extremely disappointed that they left out the ABSOLUTELY VITAL SCENES OF HIS PAST! Okay, the story of what happened in Tokyo arc could still run without Fay being more emo then he already is. But still! His past! Fay's past is like one of the most sought after mysteries of Tsubasa, and Tokyo arc was one of the first places where we got a FIRST EVER quick and confusing flashback of his terrible past! I'm sure everyone wants to know. And Tokyo arc was when I started bagging on Fay for being extremely emo and depressed for pretty much the rest of the series. I was disappointed that he was more 'happy' then I expected, he acted like his soul had already died in the manga (except when he was with Sakura). It was such a huge contrast in the manga with how Fay acted before and after they lost c!Syaoran, since the Fay before acted happy (although he probably wasn't) while the Fay after pretty much stopped the acting and acted like how he actually is, depressed, tired, upset, annoyed, afraid, etc. Where's the contrast here? He seemed pleasant enough to Yuuko.

I AGREE ON EVERYTHING YOU HAVE WRITTEN HERE!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 21, 2008 5:34 AM

Nov 2004
They could of put it in to tease and torture the anime-only watchers to make them read the manga. It would have been good promotional material for CLAMP to get themselves more manga readers, with or without new OVAs being made.
Mar 23, 2008 2:51 PM

Oct 2007
I was pretty much hysterical all through Fay's transformation ^_^;;
Kurogane was rather cruel! :X

It was cool of CS!Sakura to show up, but it was rather random XD
If that hadn't already been spoiled for me, I would have been like 'WTF?!' And I pretty much cringed or "Ouch!"-d every time Sakura got hurt throughout her journey! She got so messed up! =O

CUTEST LINE EVAR: "How is Seishirou-san?"
I was like 'SQUUUEEEEEE >///<'
As an insane SeiSub fan, I went a little crazy ^o^
Judging by how Kamui had been speaking of Seishirou, I assumed Subaru wouldn't openly ask things like that, or maybe even feel a little bit the same way Kamui does towards him, but apparently not! Please tell me someone else had the same reaction! XD
Icephoenix said:
you can't beat seeing Kamui and the rest of the X crew.

Soooooooooo true~~
kurotsuki said:
the one thing they removed and that I don't appreciate is the part in which Kamui attacks Fuma , only to be grabbed by Fuma and then Fuma says that his brother told him to be careful of Subaru when he gets mad.

Agreed! No fair >:[ It would have been rather sexy to see angry vampire!Subaru animated *o* (Especially with the golden eyes and claws - it would have been a killer!)

Overall, the OVA/OAD [XD] was rather disappointing. I mean, they left pretty much everything with no resolution. I at least wanted to see the twins leave, but no! ;___;

Really, really, really hoping for more OVAs/OADs of some sort♥
Need to see Fay's past animated...! e.o
Mar 23, 2008 6:40 PM

Sep 2007
You know what's really funny? Out of Tsubasa Chronicles' first and second season and now the OVAs, this last OVA episode was the only episode I saw AFTER I had read the manga. Every time I read the manga, I would always think "Hey, this happened in this episode, it's nice they followed it, etc." And this was the only time I'd read the manga first so it was weird to watch the art come alive. I was actually confused for a few minutes, thinking "Hey, this is weird. Where have I seen this before?" =P

In any case, I am also sad they totally left out Fay's past D:

All in all, like Kineta said, after I got over the initial wow's of better animation and stuff, I realized it was quite lacking =/ Hopefully there'll be a new set of OVA's sometime soon. I want :3

8/10 though I really want to give it a 9 for the awesome battle scenes (and that one scene where R!Syaoran awakens - I just love that part).
Mar 25, 2008 5:30 PM

Nov 2007
haha scored by 1337 user
Mar 25, 2008 7:23 PM

Jan 2008
Loved it. I'm so proud of Sakura, she's finally starting to become stronger. Gotta admit, I love Clamp's sinister twist to the story. And seeing the whole X casts was such a treat.

I remember reading a poll somewhere, asking which X team is hotter, the seals or the dragon. And it was pretty tied, however most people said adding Subura and Kamui to dragon would make it hottest team. And I can't believe Clamp actually did that, on top of it, Vampire twins too!

Mar 31, 2008 11:11 PM

Nov 2007
I loved this OVA x_x so much blood =D xD really cool~

Apr 5, 2008 11:01 PM
Jan 2007
The music was so perfectly done, I don't remember ever loving animated Tsubasa so much ♥ Kudos to Production I.G. (: Hopefully they'll be animating another set of OVAs, or better yet, the rest of the series. Shame that they had to cut stuff out so that the OVA could stand alone (-coughFai'spastcough-), and I was pretty annoyed that they threw CCS!Sakura in there for fanservice -- I always thought that the symbolism behind the lost souls of Tokyo leading Sakura back was great. Otherwise, this was an amaazing OVA <3
Apr 14, 2008 8:24 AM

Oct 2007
rofl i watched this without knowing it is the 3rd OVA lol
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 18, 2008 8:37 PM

Apr 2007
I suck for only watching the last ep now.

Anyways, wow at Sakura, she was totally awesome here. New born respect for her, though overall this ep wasn't as good as the previous 2.

I sure hope they do more OAV's or something like this, it would totally be awesome. 9/10
May 27, 2008 6:21 AM

Mar 2008
what the heck is kinomoto doing there?!?!?!?!?! that kind of ruined it. totally out of the storyline and i couldnt take it seriously, plus just made it confusing as to why shes there.
but anyway, in general THIS IS HOW IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN DONE!! arghhhh *curses bee train a million times and throws sword at screen*
although it was a bit fast and explained way to much in too little time, so i still dont understand most of it. also the journey doesnt really conclude, just seems to go on forever ~ nothing is resolved on the sakura x syaoran front. what is with the 2 syaorans anyway??
ahh well, everything else was perfected, 9/10 :D
May 30, 2008 9:44 AM

Jul 2007
sugarplumfairy said:
what the heck is kinomoto doing there?!?!?!?!?! that kind of ruined it. totally out of the storyline and i couldnt take it seriously, plus just made it confusing as to why shes there.
but anyway, in general THIS IS HOW IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN DONE!! arghhhh *curses bee train a million times and throws sword at screen*
although it was a bit fast and explained way to much in too little time, so i still dont understand most of it. also the journey doesnt really conclude, just seems to go on forever ~ nothing is resolved on the sakura x syaoran front. what is with the 2 syaorans anyway??
ahh well, everything else was perfected, 9/10 :D

Considering the latest developments in manga kinomoto appearing there really fits better than random ghosts(like in manga).

as for SxS - well, Sakura now firmly knows that she loves Clone, you could say that the journey focus shifts from feathers to finding the clone(with feathers becoming the secondary objective) and each group member gets a "new reason" to travel.

As for 2 syaorans - it was explained in OVA 2:
long ago, before the series began, FWR kidnapped the real syaoran and cloned him. the emotionless Clone had only one purpose - to find the feathers which would be scattered, no matter the cost. However real Syaoran interrupted the cloning by copying his own ""heart" into his eye and "stuffing" it into the clone. Real Syaoran hoped that with the time, his copied heart would make clone grow "his own".

FWR then imprisoned real Syaoran and tried to remove the eye with the heart - but it was impossible, so he decided that it won't affect his plans.

So FWR left the Clone in clow country, where he was found by Fujitaka and later on met Sakura. All this time the real syaoran waited imprisoned, till his magic would grow back(he used half of it to seal his heart into the clone), paying the time, relationship and freedom for yuuko and hoping that fwr's plans will fall apart.

Then the ruin accident and the journey began. Clone acted as a person because real syaoran's heart was sealed there. During the journey we saw many moments when the seal began to break and clone personality would appear.

The seal finally broke in Tokyo underwater - at the same time Real Syaoran was strong enough to break out of fwr's spells and was sent by Xin Huo(without FWR knowing it) to yuuko. Xin Huo later paid a heavy price - her own life, when fwr found out what happened.

So the seal broke - but Clone did not have his own heart yet...so he became as fwr wanted him to be - merciless emotionless "tool" for gathering all the feathers no matter what he must do or what he must kill. A clone who would not hesitate to destroy entire worlds to get the feathers.

While Real was traveling to tokyo to stop the clone, Clone absorbed 1/2 of Fai's magical power by eating Fai's eye.
AhenshihaelMay 30, 2008 9:47 AM
Jun 23, 2008 11:07 AM

May 2008
Ok, watched the first 20 episodes or so of the series long ago. I got bored with it and dropped the series. I recently read a review of it and was told that it was pretty much all filler and that the only episodes that should be watched were 1-10 and 48-52, so I went back and watched episodes 48-52 and not much had really changed. Then, I watched the ovas, much more was accomplished here than any of the previous 2 seasons, or what i saw of them, but still so many questions... will there actually be another ova? The Tsbuasa Chronicles: Tokyo Revelatiosn page says the ovas are finished. (I don't read mangas so if this is the end, I didn't like how so much goes left unanswered... kinda like Inuyasha)
carnivorousJun 23, 2008 11:16 AM
In the End, was it worth it?
Jun 23, 2008 11:13 AM
Aug 2007
Chii said:
Hey Crystal

I am a MASSIVA Fai fan as well I feel every bit of anger in your words and 100% agree with you on everything! I have already bitched about the lack of Fai in this OVA so I wont go on again about it bit I will say that I think that I.G. didnt include that falshbacks of Fai simply because they (and no one) knows yet if Tsubasa is going to be continued to be animated. Therefore to put Fai's past flashbacks in the OVA means they were DEFINATELY going to continue with the anime. At the moment, they dont have to because of they didnt add it.

Crystal

I AGREE ON EVERYTHING YOU HAVE WRITTEN HERE!!!!!!!!!!

Except that the main emphasis of the Acid Tokyo arc was on Sakura and Syaoran and the whole clone issue. It basically set up the second half of the series.

Yes, Fai becoming a vampire is important and Kuro's sacrifice, etc, but that doesn't become a large part of the story until Infinity/Celes.

**wishes people would stop forgetting Sakura and Syaoran are the stars of Tsubasa, not K/F**
Jul 5, 2008 1:11 PM

Jul 2007
carnivorous said:
Ok, watched the first 20 episodes or so of the series long ago. I got bored with it and dropped the series. I recently read a review of it and was told that it was pretty much all filler and that the only episodes that should be watched were 1-10 and 48-52, so I went back and watched episodes 48-52 and not much had really changed. Then, I watched the ovas, much more was accomplished here than any of the previous 2 seasons, or what i saw of them, but still so many questions... will there actually be another ova? The Tsbuasa Chronicles: Tokyo Revelatiosn page says the ovas are finished. (I don't read mangas so if this is the end, I didn't like how so much goes left unanswered... kinda like Inuyasha)

Actually.... Episodes 43-52 ARE THE FILLERS -.-"
Out of the second half of episodes, only Piffle race(up to some point, since it was a lot more serious and um...drunk xD in manga), Shurano/Sharano(the ashura/yasha stuff, one of the more faithful adaptations in series) and Library/Record(another a bit more "faithful" part, if you take out episode 43 and the whole end of episode 42 and add back the thriller elements, blood and action scenes).
Tokyo Revelations begin at the very end of Episode 42 when group , with the help of Fai, escape from the Rekord world, where they stole the book, etc, became criminals and were hunted to be killed...They end up in Tokyo.

As for more - there are hm...four worlds already after this, with a lot more revelations, deaths and so called "puzzle pieces" to the overall plot.

According to readers, the next issue of Shonen Magazine, out tomorrow in Japan, states that a "big announcement" regarding Tsubasa will be made in the obi strip that will come with volume 24, which is set for a July 17 release.
A lot of us have speculated that the OVA for "Infinity" or so called "mafia tournament" arc adaptation will be announced, which is one of the darkest parts in the story with lots of things Fai and even more things Sakura. Will our speculations come out true? Only Time will tell.

the_seventh_l said:

Except that the main emphasis of the Acid Tokyo arc was on Sakura and Syaoran and the whole clone issue. It basically set up the second half of the series.

Yes, Fai becoming a vampire is important and Kuro's sacrifice, etc, but that doesn't become a large part of the story until Infinity/Celes.

**wishes people would stop forgetting Sakura and Syaoran are the stars of Tsubasa, not K/F**

Everyone is spotlight...We are basically sad that they took out that very emotional flashback about Fai, which of course is understandable because another OVA set did not have the green light yet. There's still a possibility that they will include that scene in Infinity, tho...

As for Kamui/Fuuma/Subaru scene - Well, i am not that sad that it was taken out, but it emphases The bond a bit better.
Jul 19, 2008 5:19 AM

Mar 2008
i really like this kind of animation, i hope they will make a 3rd season in this kind of animation, and the fighting scenes on episode 2 are really bloody awesome good~

i wanna make it clear, this OVA started when they left the record country right????

it's really confusing:
-they continue their journey w/ real shaoran, how about the clone?
-the assistant of FWR is dead but on episode 24-26 on second season, she's there
-also the real shaoran is still captured by FWR on episode 24-26

please make this all clear
tounoyaboysJul 19, 2008 5:22 AM
Aug 3, 2008 4:08 PM

Aug 2007
misaseh098 said:
i really like this kind of animation, i hope they will make a 3rd season in this kind of animation, and the fighting scenes on episode 2 are really bloody awesome good~

i wanna make it clear, this OVA started when they left the record country right????

it's really confusing:
-the assistant of FWR is dead but on episode 24-26 on second season, she's there

Yeah, I thought that they were resuming the story from when the crew left Record Country as well, but things seemed a little out of place.

I heard lots of good things about this OVA, but overall I was disappointed because they attempted to save the storyline by revealing very little bits and pieces about everything and then stringing them together with long dialogues. And they suddenly added this new Fai vampire business - very sudden.

And Sakura going off on her own to retrieve the item was quite a foolish decision. She should know her lack of combat abilities more than anyone else, but it seems like she just got stubborn and her judgment was clouded. Just to make her go on the journey anyway, they gave her a gun (a comparatively easy weapon to use) and they made the monsters look big and threatening when they're actually pushovers. Again, all this about Sakura gaining combat abilities is just too sudden.

However, I do understand the Syaoran and his clone business. I see this as an attempt to save the story of Tsubasa Chronicle. Before, all the crew did was look for feathers. Having done that for two seasons and gotten poor response from viewers, they decided to shift the team's objective to searching for the clone Syaoran, while leaving the collection of feathers to clone Syaoran instead.

And does Sakura even need all her memories back, and will she even assemble all her memories? By her own will, she already abandoned one of her feathers in the Tokyo Government Office.
Aug 4, 2008 5:58 PM

Jan 2008
Tsubasa Chronicle: Tokyo Revelations OVA episode 3~

Truth be told, I was just a tad disappointed with this episode. Since this was the ending of the OVA's I was hoping for more of a conclusive final that didn't leave any loose ends.

The whole Fai and his eye deal was done pretty well. Since I don't read the manga - I wouldn't know how the intensity and adrenaline was in the manga - but I think the anime did a good job of that. I enjoyed how finally Kurogane was showing his soft side and was actually willing to do something for Fai to prevent his death. When Kurogane was holding Fai while he was being affected by the vampire blood - that was such a nice scene. For someone who's not a fan of yaoi - a KuroganeXFai moment popped into my head xD

Sakura's journey was well done. I relished seeing our Princess' journey from small, fragile and weak girl to a strong, stubborn and kick-ass character. It was one time where I felt a really strong bond between the character. Everytime Sakura got hurt, it was hard not to flinch or look with pity. Other's have mentioned that the scene wasn't as bold as it was in the manga - however coming from someone that doesn't read the manga - it was a very overwhelming scene. Personally, I liked Kinomoto Sakura in there, maybe cause I'm a big fan of CardCaptor Sakura xP

I was eager to learn more about Kamui and Subaru - but character development on the vampire twins was not there. Nonetheless, I understand it would have been a little hard considering the time frame CLAMP had to fit everything. One thing that I was sort of angry about was how much Sakura cared for c!Syaoron. I don't know, maybe there's something going on in the manga right now that would explain this - but I would have figured that she would love r!Syaoron like she did the c!Syaoron. I mean, the other one is a clone after all...

In conclusion, Tsubasa Chronicle: Toyko Revelations was exceptionally well done.
Now, I have to go and start reading the manga... T___T

Amazing sig set thanks to -DraGonZ-
Aug 5, 2008 3:25 AM

Jul 2007
misaseh098 said:

it's really confusing:

Forget the latter episodes. Episodes 43-52 no longer exist in storyline. Well they never existed in storyline. They were added by previous studio, because they did not want to animate Tokyo. Hence CLAMP canceling the deal with them. Manga from there goes into even darker direction. Manga concept was and is about the change of tone - from the adventurous first chapters of , to sorrowful Shurano/Shirano, to intense and morally ambiguous Record, to twisted, shocking and angst-ridden Tokyo, to the pure depression fest of everyone slowly showing who they really are. Fake smiles, fake words, fake situations - every character hides something for their own selfish wishes.

puedjies said:

Yeah, I thought that they were resuming the story from when the crew left Record Country as well, but things seemed a little out of place.

I heard lots of good things about this OVA, but overall I was disappointed because they attempted to save the storyline by revealing very little bits and pieces about everything and then stringing them together with long dialogues. And they suddenly added this new Fai vampire business - very sudden.

And Sakura going off on her own to retrieve the item was quite a foolish decision. She should know her lack of combat abilities more than anyone else, but it seems like she just got stubborn and her judgment was clouded. Just to make her go on the journey anyway, they gave her a gun (a comparatively easy weapon to use) and they made the monsters look big and threatening when they're actually pushovers. Again, all this about Sakura gaining combat abilities is just too sudden.

However, I do understand the Syaoran and his clone business. I see this as an attempt to save the story of Tsubasa Chronicle. Before, all the crew did was look for feathers. Having done that for two seasons and gotten poor response from viewers, they decided to shift the team's objective to searching for the clone Syaoran, while leaving the collection of feathers to clone Syaoran instead.

And does Sakura even need all her memories back, and will she even assemble all her memories? By her own will, she already abandoned one of her feathers in the Tokyo Government Office.

All the CLAMP manga is always known for long dialogs and sudden plot-twists. Its just that lots of dialogs were simplified in first two seasons, in order to make it more "mainstream" (aka one of the reasons why CLAMP made sure the TC was canceled)

Sakura going on her own was the price for water and information. Had someone else gone there(with skills and everything),, the price would not be worth as much. Sakura always had combat abilities (considering with whom she shares her soul). It was to show her change from the stress and inability to change things, now "instead of wanting help from others, she will bear her sins by herself, no matter what she needs to do or kill, in order to get her goals"

Actually no. Clone concept was there in manga from very beginning(Along with some of the latter revelations). However Animation studio decided to throw it out, because "it was not suitable for children". Which resulted with manga authors, CLAMP, canceling the deal with that studio(after they refused to use Tokyo in the original season2).

Let's make this clear - TC anime series and Revelations are made by two different anime companies. Both are based on same manga, but while in the TC anime series manga authors themselves had no control over it, TRC Revelations was basically written by one of manga authors, Nanase Ohkawa. Director, Producer and everything else is different. The only things same are voice actors and music compositor. The only things TC two seasons share with REvealtions and TRC manga are the character names and concepts of some worlds.

AS for her memories. Its already implied, that with her true love leaving her (Clone), she does not care about her own memories and prioritizes on catching up with him with the hope to get him back into "pre-tokyo state" or at least to end the destruction he is bringing to various worlds.

The main emphasis there, just like in X, RG Veda or Tokyo Babylon is that you can't escape your fate, you can't change the way things work, the only destiny you can change is your own and only if you are fated to do that.

After all both xxxholic manga and TRC manga go on the same motto "There are no coincidences, just hitsuzen

AhenshihaelAug 5, 2008 3:33 AM
Aug 5, 2008 7:20 AM

Aug 2007
@Fai: wow you're a real expert! Thanks for the clarification! A discussion is always enlightening!
Sep 13, 2008 9:35 AM

Dec 2007
erms . COOL ^^ didnt expect SAKURA to turn up ther ^^ hahas . cant wait for the next season though ~ >< hms .
because it cant be just left hanging there right ? :D hahas . weee ~ cant wait :D

Dec 8, 2008 6:35 PM

Aug 2008
I liked these OVAs. They were great in my opinion.
And I always wanted to see some stuff from the manga animated, such as the dimension-warping process and such.
I give these OVAs an 8.

Fai said:

Two big changes:
- Kinomoto was never in there in manga. why she did appear there? -.-
- A bit of yuuko's talk is cut out.

P.S. FOR ANYONE ASKING:
NO CARDCAPTORS HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH THIS. KINOMOTO WAS THERE FOR PURE FANSERVICE AS HOMAGE. SHE IS NOT RELATED TO PLOT

Is she? Well, Syaoran Li is not quite the same right? Hmm... Mixing in too many look-alike characters from their past works do have its cons heh... Mainly that it really gets extremely confusing at times... ALOT of the times actually.
I can't really know for sure yet (about Sakura Kinomoto), since I'm (was) in the same arc of the Tsubasa manga when I watched this episode and the rest of OVAs, and didn't get to that part yet. By the way, I watched CC Sakura a very long time ago (7-or-so years ago), so I can barely remember some stuff about it.

Other minor changes from the Manga I found were:
Manga: Kamui gets his hand ripped in two.
Manga: When Kurogane orders Mokona to summon his sword, Syaoran(clone), uses magic that forces Mokona summon his sword instead of Kurogane's.
Manga: In the manga, Sakura's injuries are worse. Also she falls, looses her gloves while trying to grasp at the cliff, and injures her hands (fingers) while grinding.

And many other injuries and dialogue that were either ommited or changed.
Not really complaining about it though.
Dec 9, 2008 6:37 AM

Jul 2007
Genix said:
I liked these OVAs. They were great in my opinion.
And I always wanted to see some stuff from the manga animated, such as the dimension-warping process and such.
I give these OVAs an 8.
Is she?

Other minor changes from the Manga I found were:
Manga: Kamui gets his hand ripped in two.
Manga: When Kurogane orders Mokona to summon his sword, Syaoran(clone), uses magic that forces Mokona summon his sword instead of Kurogane's.
Manga: In the manga, Sakura's injuries are worse. Also she falls, looses her gloves while trying to grasp at the cliff, and injures her hands (fingers) while grinding.

And many other injuries and dialogue that were either ommited or changed.
Not really complaining about it though.

As of the Tokyo arc of manga, putting her there had no point ;) The fact that she was put there, with her age same as in CCS series just screams homage or fanservice.

Kamui's hand was not ripped in two it was, broken in manga. Flesh still held the hand together, but you could see dislocated broken bones.

Summoning sword is more like retcon to solve a plothole from manga. Kurogane has his sword and left it by the door, remember? So how could Mokona summon the sword she does not have currently stored? :) Thus they changed the line into summoning the Syaoran's sword for Kurogane :)
Dec 22, 2008 2:41 PM
Sep 2008
It was cool see CCS in TC ,the scene is not of manga but was epic .The OVA 9/10 . Sakura = Tomb Raider xD.

Ya estoy que continuo el manga de Cronicas Tsubasa y esta muy bueno , Sakura se pone seria.
Dec 23, 2008 10:09 PM

Aug 2008
Nice... Where the hell CCS Kinomoto Sakura came from uh? I dun remember her from the manga... Well now that I read all over the thread I got it and now I now she was replaced instead of the Tokyo's souls of the dead... Um interesting... I liked it but it's kinda startling you know... I never expected her there! Overall this OVA was nice n_n

Signs,
Green

P.S.: Fai's (MAL user) is an expert 'cause he reads the manga... So then the manga should be read for all of us to be experts of Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles n_n
Jan 3, 2009 9:09 PM
Oct 2007
is tsubasa chronicle related to cardcapter sakura ?
how come in this ova the sakura from cardcapter sakura appeared
Jan 12, 2009 1:29 AM

Jul 2007
ZonSlashSykato said:
is tsubasa chronicle related to cardcapter sakura ?
how come in this ova the sakura from cardcapter sakura appeared

It is in the same multiverse, consisting of various CLAMP universes, titled as "worlds". Some of CLAMP works happen in the same worlds, while others get their own "world", their own universe. Just as stated in multiverse theory, multiverse is a set of infinite number of parallel worlds. In Clampverse case all the worlds are bound by certain set of rules - "Character", "soulmate", "death" and "hitsuzen":

"CCS", "xxxHolic", "X" and "Clamp School Detectives" are set in same world, dubbed as "Japan". It is also assumed by most of fans that it is supposed to be "our world",

Main theme of TRC is the travel through the multiverse itself. TRC mostly crossovers with xxxHolic, but some of the characters from CCS do play an important role in the plot, although mostly in non-personal manner, as elements of story or storyline background.
Mar 8, 2009 10:25 PM

Jun 2008
Finished it today, at last.

10/10

Watching Sakura as you say Crysyal, was awesome, though my heart just couldnt take anymore of her pain! =(
I was REALLY surprised that this plot was semi-alternative, because i wasnt really happy with that ending of season 2. And by some pic, i've already seen that Syaoran, so i watched the OVA. I must say that this is one of the best "turn-around"s i've ever watched. Cant wait the Shunraiki!! T_T

EDIT : First i thought, at the end of the episode 3, Sakura's right eye was red. I was like "holy &!'^3, did i miss something?"...it was just her blood lol.

EDIT 2 : Anybody, Kamui ==> Lelouch?
Mar 30, 2009 6:37 AM

Jul 2007
nasu said:

EDIT : First i thought, at the end of the episode 3, Sakura's right eye was red. I was like "holy &!'^3, did i miss something?"...it was just her blood lol.

Its a minor eye injury. Just like when something bigger gets into your eye and it goes bloody red.
Jun 3, 2009 2:58 PM

Feb 2009
wow this OVA was amazing. Also loved the sakura scenes, as well as the animation style. I'd like a remake of the series now that I've seen how good it can be. ;_;
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» watch order to link tsubasa with xxxholic

kay84 - Jan 8, 2022

5 by VampireLine »»
Feb 8, 10:13 PM

Poll: » Status poll about Tsubasa: Tokyo Revelations

KingSunWukong - Jan 9

3 by MeatBallHead_78 »»
Jan 10, 9:20 AM

Poll: » How would you rate the opening of Tsubasa: Tokyo Revelations ?

KingSunWukong - Dec 14, 2023

0 by KingSunWukong »»
Dec 14, 2023 1:22 AM

» How dark, violent, brutal, bloody, gore, emotional, sad, gritty and mature and cut content are the arcs preceding the "Tokyo Revelations" arc in the manga compared to the animated television series and the "Tokyo Revelations" arc onwards ?

KingSunWukong - Oct 30, 2023

2 by MeatBallHead_78 »»
Nov 2, 2023 6:36 AM

» Reboot?

Yuuki-Manaka - Jul 12, 2021

4 by LordYozefu »»
Aug 8, 2021 11:18 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.