3It was OK
4.0%
2Disliked it
0.5%
1Hated it
2.0%
Average 4.7
201 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Mar 17, 2008 3:16 PM

Jul 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
So folks, third OVA is out. expect sub in one or two days.

Summary:

Two big changes:
- Kinomoto was never in there in manga. why she did appear there? -.-
- A bit of yuuko's talk is cut out.

P.S. FOR ANYONE ASKING:
NO CARDCAPTORS HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH THIS. KINOMOTO WAS THERE FOR PURE FANSERVICE AS HOMAGE. SHE IS NOT RELATED TO PLOT
KinetaDec 1, 2012 4:03 AM
Mar 17, 2008 4:15 PM

Sep 2007
YAY its finally out. Me is happy.

Overall love it. Kinomoto's cameo wasnt a big deal for me. Since like what Fai already said she has nothing to do with the plot and I already knew that. Just fanservice. Though it was interesting that they decide to stick her in there.

Lets hope that they decide to make more.

Mar 17, 2008 4:39 PM

Jul 2007
Kamui said:
YAY its finally out. Me is happy.

Overall love it. Kinomoto's cameo wasnt a big deal for me. Since like what Fai already said she has nothing to do with the plot and I already knew that. Just fanservice. Though it was interesting that they decide to stick her in there.

Lets hope that they decide to make more.

overall, I hate two changes in ova.
- They took out Fai's flashback to "i wanna die"...
- Kinomoto replacing dead people - I certainly hope that it was implication that this kinomoto was "tokyo's" sakura, who got killed there, and not the one from ccs.

Overall, I am sad at censorship - we don't actually see sakura shooting anything, up until the two snakes...
And when these two snakes launch her to the wall - she falls with blood trail in manga. In tokyo revelations she...just falls >.>
And of course scene with Fai's "it'll turn to a fight" was not as intense as in manga. Also Fai was too happy when talking with yuuko
Graphically -wise sometimes faces were a bit off (mostly seen with Real Syaoran and Subaru)

On happier side - The OST usage was great and I LOVED the flashbacks this time. Its amazing that even the flashbacks to certain events beat their adaptation on TC :P
Mar 17, 2008 4:51 PM

Mar 2007
well after the fantastic ep 1 and 2 , it's a tad normal the quality of this one would drop a bit ?
I didn't mind Kinomoto , I was actually glad . but..mainly because i've been wanting to see her all this time ?;_;

now the big question is....what's gonna happen with the rest of the animation ? Only Clamp knows ....maybe I.G production knows too ? hopefully.

(made by MistaCloudStrife ^^)
Mar 17, 2008 5:01 PM

Jul 2007
kurotsuki said:
well after the fantastic ep 1 and 2 , it's a tad normal the quality of this one would drop a bit ?
I didn't mind Kinomoto , I was actually glad . but..mainly because i've been wanting to see her all this time ?;_;

now the big question is....what's gonna happen with the rest of the animation ? Only Clamp knows ....maybe I.G production knows too ? hopefully.

The sad thing was that quality animation and sound-wise was BETTER than both previous ovas, movie and 52 episodes of tv series together...

Mar 17, 2008 5:04 PM

Mar 2007
haha yeah that's probably true , but I didn't pay much attention to the soundtrack to be honest. =/

Mar 17, 2008 9:22 PM
Lead Admin
Faerie Queen

Aug 2007
I completely forgot!! :( *fidgets in seat* 1 hour until download finishes. Come on!!

Fai said:
The sad thing was that quality animation and sound-wise was BETTER than both previous ovas, movie and 52 episodes of tv series together...
I noticed that in the last episode - once I got over being so happy to see it moving on my screen, I realized how much was really lacking :( Compared to the TV series, it was up to par, but on it's own?? Still not good enough :S

And what's up with the censorship? They're not broadcasting it - they're selling it with the manga that is un-censored. I don't get it...

Fai said:
- Kinomoto replacing dead people - I certainly hope that it was implication that this kinomoto was "tokyo's" sakura, who got killed there, and not the one from ccs.
That doesn't sound good :S I guess I'll have to see once it downloads...
Mar 17, 2008 10:19 PM

Mar 2007
the one thing they removed and that I don't appreciate is the part in which Kamui attacks Fuma , only to be grabbed by Fuma and then Fuma says that his brother told him to be careful of Subaru when he gets mad .
Why didn't they put that scene >_>

Mar 18, 2008 6:21 AM

Oct 2007
Finally. I will forever love this OVA series just because the Tokyo arc is my favorite and well...you can't beat seeing Kamui and the rest of the X crew. The censorship; I got over it. I liked the sound/music and liked how they did the ending as well.
Fai said:
Yes, I wish they would have included Fai's flashback. The whole Kinomoto thing didn't bug me too much.

kurotsuki said:
the one thing they removed and that I don't appreciate is the part in which Kamui attacks Fuma , only to be grabbed by Fuma and then Fuma says that his brother told him to be careful of Subaru when he gets mad.

THAT I am very sad about. I REALLY wanted to see that scene and I don't think it should have been cut. >.< I wanted that image in color and animation quite badly. Again, I still enjoyed it overall obviously...still gets a 10/10.
IcephoenixMar 18, 2008 6:40 AM
Mar 18, 2008 6:58 AM
Lead Admin
Faerie Queen

Aug 2007
Fai said:

I understand limited Japanese, so I can't really pick too much apart -- I hear what I remember the manga saying xD But this part, I really didn't like. Is Ohkawa trying to tell us something?? Or was it I.G. that took the initiative to put it there?

It makes no sense. If they go on animating the rest of the arcs, how are they going to explain that? The only way I will accept it is if Ohkawa wanted it that way to send a message.

kurotsuki said:
the one thing they removed and that I don't appreciate is the part in which Kamui attacks Fuma , only to be grabbed by Fuma and then Fuma says that his brother told him to be careful of Subaru when he gets mad.

Yeah I missed that as well :(

The other thing is, I still can't get used to Subaru's voice. I swear, it's manlier than Mamoru's (Kamui). He's supposed to be girly :P Speaking of Kamui ... smexy as always, even if you lost your scene :( But I also love Mamoru, so that could be double bias on my part xD

And what happened to this scene: (I just grabbed it from the first place I could on the net)

This was the scene I was looking forward to more than any other. And it was so poorly done :( Where was the drama. I couldn't feel Fai's fear and anger and hurt and distrust. I couldn't feel his relief and softening and desperation as she spoke to him. And what was with that poorly executed gasp series :P

Better than Chronicles, but not as good as I expected. Will write more when I've watched it through again...
KinetaMar 18, 2008 7:03 AM
Mar 18, 2008 7:02 AM

Jul 2007
that scene happened. But we saw that scene from "far away". you know the one with Fai sobbing :P
Mar 18, 2008 7:03 AM
Lead Admin
Faerie Queen

Aug 2007
Fai said:
that scene happened. But we saw that scene from "far away". you know the one with Fai sobbing :P
I know it happened, haha. I meant what happened to the impact of it :P
Kineta said:
This was the scene I was looking forward to more than any other. And it was so poorly done :( Where was the drama. I couldn't feel Fai's fear and anger and hurt and distrust. I couldn't feel his relief and softening and desperation as she spoke to him. And what was with that poorly executed gasp series :P
Mar 18, 2008 8:34 PM
Nov 2007
I was looking forward to that scene as well. Although, yes it was there, I wanted to see Fai hugging Sakura (exactly like in the manga) shown in the OVA. But oh well. Just hearing Fai cry was enough for me.

I didnt really like the whole transformation of Fai turning into a Vampire. I was expecting shouting from him not just little grunts here and there. In the manga he is fully thrashing around and crawling on the bed, then grabs Kurogane. But oh well. It was still amazing for me. It wasnt a poor job but not what I expected either.

OH I FORGOT ABOUT THE FUMA GRABBING KAMUI PART!!!! Damn I.G for not putting that in the OVA!!! Seriously. Ok now thats two things that tick me off that they missed. The Fuma part and the Fai flashback. What the hell?!?!?

This is only a small bit of detail but I absolutely ADORE when we see Fai turning into a Vanpire in the background holding onto Kurogane and Kurogane is stroking his shoulder. It was the sweetest thing! I had to rewind it to make sure my eyes werent playing tricks on me.

I havent read or seen CCS so could someone tell me who the hell is Kinimoto who appeared in my OVA when she wasnt in the manga. When I saw that I was like, "WHO THE HELL IS THAT?! Get off my screen!"

Was it just me or did the drawing of Subaru's face look a bit "weird" at times? I dunno.

Ok, I'll stop rambling on. Over all it was beautifully drawn as expected but some parts got me down. I give it a 9.5/10.

Chii xxx
Mar 18, 2008 9:35 PM

Apr 2007
I couldn't bear to watch Sakura get hurt like that. At least we got to see her strong side. Little Sakura appearing was a nice effect as well. I just have one complaint...there wasn't enough Subaru >_<

I hope to see more like this in the future.
Mar 18, 2008 9:45 PM

Dec 2007
I really loved all the Sakura scenes, myself. They really did a good job adapting the manga to the screen in this one especially (unlike the first one, which cut my favorite Syaoran/Syaoran scene out. ;-;).

The music was great. I wish we had an OST or a single for the OVA, as there's a couple tracks in the whole production I've never heard and want in my library.

Loved this one the most, I think!

Mar 18, 2008 9:52 PM
Nov 2007
Momo-Hime said:
I couldn't bear to watch Sakura get hurt like that. At least we got to see her strong side. Little Sakura appearing was a nice effect as well. I just have one complaint...there wasn't enough Subaru >_<

I hope to see more like this in the future.

I agree with you there! If you think about it Subaru only appeared in OVA 2 for like 5 mins. That only leaves him to shine in OVA 3 and there just simply wasnt enough of him!!!

If I had to pick an absolute favouirte out of the 3 it would be OVA 2.
Mar 18, 2008 10:03 PM
Lead Admin
Faerie Queen

Aug 2007
So I've watched it again (this time with subs, yay!) and I had a few things to add to what I wrote before...

I'm glad they kept a lot of the important lines. "My one and only princess" = love <333 And they tried to keep as many of the conversations as possible.

Kudos to Ohkawa! I don't know how she managed to fit all that material into that time frame -- why couldn't it have been longer :( -- but she did a superb job!

When I watched it through again, I got really annoyed by Kinomoto in there again, but then I had this thought: spoilers for up to current chapters

Anyway, just a thought.

Otherwise, too bad they left out the info on why Kurogane and Fai were chosen for the journey, and by whom ... but I suppose they don't want too leave to many questions in case they don't animate the rest of the arcs.

Overall, I have to give it a 9/10. Parts of the animation really don't deserve it, but I'm happy I got something better than BeeTrain ever did.
KinetaMar 18, 2008 10:08 PM
Mar 19, 2008 1:57 AM
Mar 2008
WOW that was an amazing OVA.. my mind = blown! i havent read the manga yet so theres soo many questions that i have that i really need answers for.. so its time for me to get to reading yay.

and does anyone know if there planing on more OVAs or is the rest just manga from here on?
Mar 19, 2008 9:19 AM

Oct 2007
I have feared that the dénouement of this trio of OVAs would be rather disappointing considering the first two OVAs were so awesome. I also had concerns that there would not be any major battles fought in this OVA and was mostly expository dialogue and I feared that it may be a tad boring. In the end, my fears were unfounded; this instalment was just as good if not better than the other two!

I like the fact that Sakura actually gets to do something besides sleep in this episode and the expository dialogue that I feared that would be boring went rather well. Although, I found it odd to included Sakura from Cardcaptor Sakura as the ghost/figment of imagination that guided Princess Sakura back to the Tokyo building and her last thoughts of CCS!Sakura were rather ambiguous.

In any case, I really enjoyed this OVA. I sincerely hope that this won't be the last of these OVAs to come! =)
Mar 19, 2008 9:30 AM

Sep 2007
Awesome OVA, now I want season 3..
And having Sakura Kinomoto in this was so weird..
Mar 19, 2008 10:16 AM

May 2007
Frankly i quite liked Kinomoto Sakura's cameo, mainly cos i'm such a big CCS fan. It didn't really affect the story anyways.

The missing lines from Fai and Yuuko's was kinda poor, since they were sorta important.
Mar 19, 2008 11:04 AM

Oct 2006
I just watched it, it's cool I votet 5of 5 :D But tell me (I didn't read the manga, still on 100th chapter) are they planning to make something Tsubasa Chronicles again? OAV TV?

Mar 19, 2008 11:16 AM

Jun 2007
That was really cool, I feel all giddy lol. Sakura fighting her way to get that blue thing was awesome and emotional cause we never see her getting hurt or anything up to that point in the manga or in either of the two TV seasons, it was really painful seeing her get knocked around so much. BLOOD IN HER EYE DAMN IT!
ahhh, nice way to start the day.
Kinomoto cameo was nice fan service haha. Pretty :)

Mar 19, 2008 11:59 AM

Oct 2007
it was so cool!i hope will be season 3 that will contain this plut!^-^
Mar 19, 2008 12:36 PM
Lead Admin
Faerie Queen

Aug 2007
To everyone with questions about a 3rd season or next OAD series

Third Season
This will, thank god, never happen. BeeTrain made the first two seasons and CLAMP was not happy with the results (probably because they butchered it). Thus, there will never be another season of Tsubasa Chronicles.

Next OAD series
All of us fans are anxiously awaiting any news of this! xD So I'm sure once something official is said, it will be all over the place :D
Mar 19, 2008 12:58 PM

Oct 2007
Really enjoyed it ^_^ just wished there was more epiosdes to look forward to >.<

nice appearence of Sakura from Cardcaptors :D
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 19, 2008 1:47 PM

Mar 2008
I just finished watching it ... I expecting more action and drama but I still loved it ^^

Loves:
1. The animation and soundtrack is still amazing .. maybe even better than the first 2 OVAs. Superb!
2. I especially like the part when Syaoran said "There is something I want to get back.It may never come back.However,if I can protect it, I want to do so" .. so sweet. and the music was just perfect ^^
3. I didn't mind the cameo CCS Sakura. I like her anyway.
4. Sakura kicks ass! I love her here ;p

Urrgghs:
1. I was waiting for the "Fuma grabing Kamui and Subaru getting into psycho mode" scene but it wasn't included .. dammit.
2. I preferred more "explanations" .. like Fai's flashbacks...the manga was more well-told I guess.
3. Limited Kamui and Subaru scenes.

Hope they continue the anime.I give it 9.5/10
nostalgicroninMar 19, 2008 2:34 PM
Mar 19, 2008 4:09 PM
Jan 2008
Kineta said:

Next OAD series
All of us fans are anxiously awaiting any news of this! xD So I'm sure once something official is said, it will be all over the place :D

Whats OAD?
Mar 19, 2008 4:16 PM

Jan 2007
This was a good episode. Nothing great really. Just a nice closure to the arc.
Mar 19, 2008 5:30 PM

Nov 2007
It was a very good OVA.

I really liked how Sakura actually did SOMETHING for the first time.
Her journey really kept me hooked (probably because the mise-en-scène was awesome) and I couldn't stop a little cry of pain and fear each time she injured herself. This is the first time I "cared" for a fictional character so much.

As of the story, well, everything is at place, now, 50 episodes of going around and now the plot feels really launched, I'm just asking for more, since "they" can "actually" do something good out of what they've set in place.
They are neither plants nor animals.
They differ from other forms of life such as the micro-organisms and the fungi. Instead they resemble the primeval body of life and are generally known as Mushi. Their existence and appearance are unknown to many and only a limited number of humans are aware of them.
Mar 19, 2008 8:14 PM

Feb 2008
really a masterpiece is this OVA.

Mar 19, 2008 9:57 PM

Aug 2007
:-/ I just saw it and was kinda dissapointed...I thought the tokyo revelations would finish up the series...but now we have to wait and see if we have the chance to wait 104 weeks for a finale >_< (I don't know anything about the manga or anything since, to me, it is about the same as reading a book)

"The two paths of man and beast intertwine to create a spiral path! Piercing destiny as yesterday's enemies and creating a new path with these hands! The Union of Fate--GURREN-LAGANN! Who the hell do you think we are!?"
Mar 20, 2008 3:36 AM

Mar 2008
monkat said:
:-/ I just saw it and was kinda dissapointed...I thought the tokyo revelations would finish up the series...but now we have to wait and see if we have the chance to wait 104 weeks for a finale >_< (I don't know anything about the manga or anything since, to me, it is about the same as reading a book)

Yes, that's my problem, too. I can't stand Mangas, but in this case I would strongly want to know how this ends.
I started with the TV Anime S1 and it was good at the beginning, but after S1 I lost interest, because there was no real development.

After OVA Ep 1 came out I became interested again and watched S2 of the Anime, but it was rather boring (here and there some nice scenes). The arc before the OVA was a bit interesting, though.

After seeing the OVA I am really, really interested, though. Can't believe Sakura prefers that heartlessl S. over the real one, who was indirectly with her for all this time. The actions of the clone were merely guided by the heart of the real one. I am aware that ppl probably won't be sharing my opinion because they know the story further into the future than me. Maybe he won't stay heartless forever. But then again it would break my heart to see 2 "good" S. fighting over Sakura.

5/5 even the last episode was a bit more slow, but it was expected.
I don't think the young Sakura from CCS (never saw this except one or two eps) is a bad thing to see. It's a nice gimmick. It wasn't in the maga, so what?

Seeing Sakura, always being protected by everyone and never truly doing something, with a revolver shooting monsters was amazing !!! Awsome!

But even if there are more ovas coming out, they can't catch the manga with this pace, right? So we won't be seeing the rest of the story by other means than reading the manga? :(
That would be very sad.
ForeverMar 20, 2008 3:42 AM
Mar 20, 2008 4:22 AM

Nov 2007
I stopped reading/buying the manga at some point so my opinion is made up of the OVA impressions only and I think it was breathtaking.
The downside of this is that we don't know what will happen to Tsubasa Chronicle anime-wise xD (Production I.G. HAS to make more OVAs..). I might as well continue reading the manga xp.
Mar 20, 2008 5:31 AM

Jul 2007
Kineta said:
To everyone with questions about a 3rd season or next OAD series

Third Season
This will, thank god, never happen. BeeTrain made the first two seasons and CLAMP was not happy with the results (probably because they butchered it). Thus, there will never be another season of Tsubasa Chronicles.

Next OAD series

Why does the saeason have to be made by Bee train? Why cant a better company do the third season? It would make sense and make a lot of Tsubasa fans happy tht we get a weekly dose of animated nonsuck Tsubasa.
Haruhi-ism. Because the best religion comes from a god who doesn't know what she's doing.
Mar 20, 2008 8:41 AM

Jul 2007
GoldenLink said:

Why does the saeason have to be made by Bee train? Why cant a better company do the third season? It would make sense and make a lot of Tsubasa fans happy tht we get a weekly dose of animated nonsuck Tsubasa.

Copyright problems.
1) they could not name it "Tsubasa Chronicles", since that title is copyrighted by Beetrain.
2) they could not make direct and clear refferences to past events (as we saw I.G. only has shown still scenes from these events, without any implications on when it happened)
3) They can not use exact color schemes - hence the reason why "rekord clothes" looked a bit different.
4) first two seasons has a lot of stuff going against manga storyline, so people would be really confused - hell, look what happened wwith OVAs. There are still people who can't understand that "Tokyo" happens instead of episodes 43-52...
Mar 20, 2008 9:01 AM

Nov 2007
Hmm better than the last ep but still not great.

7/10 for this episode.
Mar 20, 2008 2:13 PM

Aug 2007
oh, poor sakura. She is so sweet. Only becouse she was sleeping do that.

Im still criying about that.
Mar 20, 2008 5:58 PM

May 2007
This episode made me feel for Sakura so much. I love the girl and really just want to see her happy. But knowing what happens in the manga, well, I'm just going to say quiet.

Anyway, nice OVA. Hope to see more.
Mar 20, 2008 6:30 PM

Nov 2004
I've been cheated! This is an outrage! As a fan of Fay, I am extremely disappointed that they left out the ABSOLUTELY VITAL SCENES OF HIS PAST! Okay, the story of what happened in Tokyo arc could still run without Fay being more emo then he already is. But still! His past! Fay's past is like one of the most sought after mysteries of Tsubasa, and Tokyo arc was one of the first places where we got a FIRST EVER quick and confusing flashback of his terrible past! I'm sure everyone wants to know. And Tokyo arc was when I started bagging on Fay for being extremely emo and depressed for pretty much the rest of the series. I was disappointed that he was more 'happy' then I expected, he acted like his soul had already died in the manga (except when he was with Sakura). It was such a huge contrast in the manga with how Fay acted before and after they lost c!Syaoran, since the Fay before acted happy (although he probably wasn't) while the Fay after pretty much stopped the acting and acted like how he actually is, depressed, tired, upset, annoyed, afraid, etc. Where's the contrast here? He seemed pleasant enough to Yuuko.

I need to cry over the lack of Fay flashback. And the lack of tension when Yuuko said to Fay on what he knows was and was not planned in his past (his expression was much more extreme and shocked). I also need to cry over the lack of tension when Fay says he will fight Kurogane if the guy gets in his way. There was much more tension in the manga, with Fay's vampire eyes and the fact that he has cut off his relation with Kurogane and thus will threaten him now if needed. Oh and yeah, I was also expecting more cries of pain from Fay when he turned into a vampire. It looked a lot more painful in the manga.

No more Kamui, Subaru and Fuuma goodness either. As mentioned already, boo boo.

Watching Sakura was awesome. Though I still felt for her more in the manga. Probably cause she just got beaten up more (or we saw her getting beaten up more) even more in the manga. Over here, her largest on-screen injury was getting stabbed through the leg (which is a huge ouch) but the manga had her sustaining a lot more injuries which was just shocking to watch our Princess do all that.

Overall, I was disappointed cause the stuff I wanted to see the most (anything to do with Fay) either wasn't done or wasn't done with the amount of tension I wanted. I liked the Sakura scenes, but my heart didn't break just yet. But yeah, still better then the TV series. If they do continue with Infinity arc and beyond, please tell me they will put more effort into getting the tension on vital scenes correctly, so that our hearts can actually be pounding while we watch as our previously happy group of travelers fall deeper and deeper into something that will never become as it was before.
Mar 21, 2008 2:49 AM
Nov 2007
Hey Crystal

I am a MASSIVA Fai fan as well I feel every bit of anger in your words and 100% agree with you on everything! I have already bitched about the lack of Fai in this OVA so I wont go on again about it bit I will say that I think that I.G. didnt include that falshbacks of Fai simply because they (and no one) knows yet if Tsubasa is going to be continued to be animated. Therefore to put Fai's past flashbacks in the OVA means they were DEFINATELY going to continue with the anime. At the moment, they dont have to because of they didnt add it.

Crystal

I've been cheated! This is an outrage! As a fan of Fay, I am extremely disappointed that they left out the ABSOLUTELY VITAL SCENES OF HIS PAST! Okay, the story of what happened in Tokyo arc could still run without Fay being more emo then he already is. But still! His past! Fay's past is like one of the most sought after mysteries of Tsubasa, and Tokyo arc was one of the first places where we got a FIRST EVER quick and confusing flashback of his terrible past! I'm sure everyone wants to know. And Tokyo arc was when I started bagging on Fay for being extremely emo and depressed for pretty much the rest of the series. I was disappointed that he was more 'happy' then I expected, he acted like his soul had already died in the manga (except when he was with Sakura). It was such a huge contrast in the manga with how Fay acted before and after they lost c!Syaoran, since the Fay before acted happy (although he probably wasn't) while the Fay after pretty much stopped the acting and acted like how he actually is, depressed, tired, upset, annoyed, afraid, etc. Where's the contrast here? He seemed pleasant enough to Yuuko.

I AGREE ON EVERYTHING YOU HAVE WRITTEN HERE!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 21, 2008 5:34 AM

Nov 2004
They could of put it in to tease and torture the anime-only watchers to make them read the manga. It would have been good promotional material for CLAMP to get themselves more manga readers, with or without new OVAs being made.
Mar 23, 2008 2:51 PM

Oct 2007
I was pretty much hysterical all through Fay's transformation ^_^;;
Kurogane was rather cruel! :X

It was cool of CS!Sakura to show up, but it was rather random XD
If that hadn't already been spoiled for me, I would have been like 'WTF?!' And I pretty much cringed or "Ouch!"-d every time Sakura got hurt throughout her journey! She got so messed up! =O

CUTEST LINE EVAR: "How is Seishirou-san?"
I was like 'SQUUUEEEEEE >///<'
As an insane SeiSub fan, I went a little crazy ^o^
Judging by how Kamui had been speaking of Seishirou, I assumed Subaru wouldn't openly ask things like that, or maybe even feel a little bit the same way Kamui does towards him, but apparently not! Please tell me someone else had the same reaction! XD
Icephoenix said:
you can't beat seeing Kamui and the rest of the X crew.

Soooooooooo true~~
kurotsuki said:

Agreed! No fair >:[ It would have been rather sexy to see angry vampire!Subaru animated *o* (Especially with the golden eyes and claws - it would have been a killer!)

Overall, the OVA/OAD [XD] was rather disappointing. I mean, they left pretty much everything with no resolution. I at least wanted to see the twins leave, but no! ;___;

Really, really, really hoping for more OVAs/OADs of some sort♥
Need to see Fay's past animated...! e.o
Mar 23, 2008 6:40 PM

Sep 2007
You know what's really funny? Out of Tsubasa Chronicles' first and second season and now the OVAs, this last OVA episode was the only episode I saw AFTER I had read the manga. Every time I read the manga, I would always think "Hey, this happened in this episode, it's nice they followed it, etc." And this was the only time I'd read the manga first so it was weird to watch the art come alive. I was actually confused for a few minutes, thinking "Hey, this is weird. Where have I seen this before?" =P

In any case, I am also sad they totally left out Fay's past D:

All in all, like Kineta said, after I got over the initial wow's of better animation and stuff, I realized it was quite lacking =/ Hopefully there'll be a new set of OVA's sometime soon. I want :3

8/10 though I really want to give it a 9 for the awesome battle scenes (and that one scene where R!Syaoran awakens - I just love that part).
Mar 25, 2008 5:30 PM

Nov 2007
haha scored by 1337 user
Mar 25, 2008 7:23 PM

Jan 2008
Loved it. I'm so proud of Sakura, she's finally starting to become stronger. Gotta admit, I love Clamp's sinister twist to the story. And seeing the whole X casts was such a treat.

I remember reading a poll somewhere, asking which X team is hotter, the seals or the dragon. And it was pretty tied, however most people said adding Subura and Kamui to dragon would make it hottest team. And I can't believe Clamp actually did that, on top of it, Vampire twins too!

Mar 31, 2008 11:11 PM

Nov 2007
I loved this OVA x_x so much blood =D xD really cool~

Apr 5, 2008 11:01 PM
Jan 2007
The music was so perfectly done, I don't remember ever loving animated Tsubasa so much ♥ Kudos to Production I.G. (: Hopefully they'll be animating another set of OVAs, or better yet, the rest of the series. Shame that they had to cut stuff out so that the OVA could stand alone (-coughFai'spastcough-), and I was pretty annoyed that they threw CCS!Sakura in there for fanservice -- I always thought that the symbolism behind the lost souls of Tokyo leading Sakura back was great. Otherwise, this was an amaazing OVA <3
Apr 14, 2008 8:24 AM

Oct 2007
rofl i watched this without knowing it is the 3rd OVA lol
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 18, 2008 8:37 PM

Apr 2007
I suck for only watching the last ep now.

Anyways, wow at Sakura, she was totally awesome here. New born respect for her, though overall this ep wasn't as good as the previous 2.

I sure hope they do more OAV's or something like this, it would totally be awesome. 9/10
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» watch order to link tsubasa with xxxholic

kay84 - Jan 8, 2022

5 by VampireLine »»
Feb 8, 10:13 PM

Poll: » Status poll about Tsubasa: Tokyo Revelations

KingSunWukong - Jan 9

3 by MeatBallHead_78 »»
Jan 10, 9:20 AM

Poll: » How would you rate the opening of Tsubasa: Tokyo Revelations ?

KingSunWukong - Dec 14, 2023

0 by KingSunWukong »»
Dec 14, 2023 1:22 AM

» How dark, violent, brutal, bloody, gore, emotional, sad, gritty and mature and cut content are the arcs preceding the "Tokyo Revelations" arc in the manga compared to the animated television series and the "Tokyo Revelations" arc onwards ?

KingSunWukong - Oct 30, 2023

2 by MeatBallHead_78 »»
Nov 2, 2023 6:36 AM

» Reboot?

Yuuki-Manaka - Jul 12, 2021

4 by LordYozefu »»
Aug 8, 2021 11:18 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.