Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fullmetal Alchemist
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Mar 16, 2010 6:19 PM

Dec 2008
Bastion said:
Kinda wondering why Ed doesn't do something about the 'forest fire' surrounding them, like transmuting up a rainstorm, putting an end to the threat to the town nearby and cutting off Pride's light source instead of fighting him, but I guess that would be anticlimactic.

Gotta love Lan Fan's endurance, to have gotten automail and gotten over the rehabilitation in less time than it took Ed, plus relearn to use her fighting skills. Only natural that it would have taken some pain.

Kinda wonder why she didn't get Winry to build her an arm instead of going all the way to Xing for it.
My speculation is that Ed is an alchemist and not god, he can't just make it rain or control the weather. In order to transmute something you need equivalent exchange. Besides, I doubt Pride was going to give him enough time to put it out.

As for Lan Fan's automail....I'm pretty sure Ed had offered to ask Winry for a friend that could help Lan Fan - but Lan Fan rejected the offer because she didn't want to put Ed's friends in danger. Also don't think she went to Xing to get it...
Mar 16, 2010 7:31 PM
Feb 2010
robbydesu said:
Bastion said:
Kinda wondering why Ed doesn't do something about the 'forest fire' surrounding them, like transmuting up a rainstorm, putting an end to the threat to the town nearby and cutting off Pride's light source instead of fighting him, but I guess that would be anticlimactic.

Gotta love Lan Fan's endurance, to have gotten automail and gotten over the rehabilitation in less time than it took Ed, plus relearn to use her fighting skills. Only natural that it would have taken some pain.

Kinda wonder why she didn't get Winry to build her an arm instead of going all the way to Xing for it.
My speculation is that Ed is an alchemist and not god, he can't just make it rain or control the weather. In order to transmute something you need equivalent exchange. Besides, I doubt Pride was going to give him enough time to put it out.

As for Lan Fan's automail....I'm pretty sure Ed had offered to ask Winry for a friend that could help Lan Fan - but Lan Fan rejected the offer because she didn't want to put Ed's friends in danger. Also don't think she went to Xing to get it...

Can he even transmute rain? XD

Also, I thought that it was Winry who made her automail. Isn't that the way it happened in the manga? Of course, I don't remember quite well, since I haven't read it in almost a year. :|
Mar 16, 2010 8:32 PM
Jul 2018
And I thought Heinkel was dead meat. Dammit, I'm gonna miss Gluttony. I mean, ugh.
Mar 16, 2010 10:53 PM

Nov 2008
Jesuvius said:
Awesome episode. Just annoying that already 2 females have guy names (Olivier and Chris :P)

I don't have any suggestions or comments. Every week I enjoy where FMA:B takes me

lol chris is a girl name too....it's short for christina most of the time lol xD

ragnaroks said:
Hmm the homonculi's are dying rather faster than expected, are we even close to the ending or about half of it? I don't read the manga but I assume even with most of the homunculi's dead there should be another huge scene behind it.

Anyway, eclipse subs were out for some hours and another excellent episode. Next episode looks promising when Ed's father jumps in.

lol this ep was chap 85 i believe and the manga is on 105 lol :) there's at most 2-5 chaps left :)

Julio-sama said:
Oh, and I'm guessing that they'll go with 63 episodes, right?

lol i heard that was confirmed weeks ago xP

Julio-sama said:

Can he even transmute rain? XD

Also, I thought that it was Winry who made her automail. Isn't that the way it happened in the manga? Of course, I don't remember quite well, since I haven't read it in almost a year. :|

lol no she turned down ed's offer to ask winry, well fuu did cuz they had helped them enough and i doubt they went back to xing just for automail

come to think of it does xing even have automail? lol xD
suigetsu00Mar 16, 2010 11:04 PM
Mar 17, 2010 1:03 AM

Jul 2007
The part Pride ate Gluttony was done really well. Even though I knew it was coming, it was so amazing.
Mar 17, 2010 1:16 AM
Anime Moderator
Grammar Queen

Jun 2008
AH!!!! This is so epic!!!

NoyaChan said:
Pride is still creeping me out.
This is a good thing :)
p r o f i l e đź‘€
Mar 17, 2010 2:50 AM

Oct 2008
pure awesomeness........ezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzeeeeeeeeeeeee
Mar 17, 2010 4:06 AM

Jul 2009
Great episode... Just pure EPICness!!
Can't wait for the Promised Day~

smokes said:
short ><

Pride is becoming my favorite villain of the show )))))
awesome

He's one pretty badass kid, er... I mean, Homunculus XD

Damn, I hope this anime doesn't end on a filler one like last time >.<
This is a signature.
Mar 17, 2010 4:38 AM

Nov 2007
Pride now ate Gluttony. Uh-oh.

#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net - the official IRC channel for Fate Testarossa.
Mar 17, 2010 5:00 AM

Jan 2009
pride is owning
Mar 17, 2010 9:29 AM

Apr 2009
yeah) Pride killed him not because he wanted that, but because he has °pride° xD
and didnt want to loose))
Mar 17, 2010 12:00 PM

Feb 2009
Jesuvius said:
Awesome episode. Just annoying that already 2 females have guy names (Olivier and Chris :P)

I don't have any suggestions or comments. Every week I enjoy where FMA:B takes me

Olivier is a female name, isn't it?
The male form of Olivier is Oliver.
Mar 17, 2010 12:34 PM
Jul 2018
Even though Gluttony is a Homunculus and working against Ed and such, I still felt really sorry for him in this episode, both when he was getting slashed up by Lan-Fan and when he got eaten by Pride. :(
Mar 17, 2010 1:17 PM

Dec 2008
Gluttony!!! D:
Mar 17, 2010 2:14 PM

Feb 2009
I am feel so sorry for Gluttony being eaten by Pride.
Mar 17, 2010 2:34 PM

Jul 2009
Pride is totally awesome as always =D
As for Gluttony I almost felt a bit sorry for him but if an comrade can't support you then he is an hindrance and need to be discarded, especially if that drastically increase your chance of success. It's the obvious and most logical choice really :}

Though one would think Pride should have changed his point of attack after the first few failures instead of focusing all his strikes and the same place and see them get blocked... Just entwine him from all directions like when he killed Gluttony, simple fast and easy.
Mar 17, 2010 5:15 PM
Mar 2009
Nakei said:
Yesh, I agree.

*Episode*: http://www.animebullet.com/fullmetal-alchemist-brotherhood-episode-48

Hehe, the funniest moment was when Edward got blown away XD

Well, I thought that this was a pretty good episode.
Especially the part where Pride ate Gluttony. Pretty interesting :o

lol yeah he got naded... twice?
and OM NOM NOM NOM! i just eaten fat gluttony and im still hungry! -pride! probably.

True or False
Anime + Manga = Chuck Norris / Chuck Norris
Mar 17, 2010 6:24 PM

Aug 2009
Gluttony :( *Sadface*
I really hated him the first time I watched FMA, but he really grew on me. Hes hilarious. And he even called out Lust's name, wahhh!

This episode was amazing, it just keeps getting better and better. I hate the cliffhangers at every episode making me wait a whole week to see what happens X''D Damn writers have a hook!

Loved the scene after the credits too, Nice to see that Mustang and Hawkeye are working together again :'D
<object data=http://www.stoppedxtime.com/MAL%20Sig/HTML2.html width="470" height="140"> <embed src=http://www.stoppedxtime.com/MAL%20Sig/HTML2.html width="470" height="140"> </embed> Error: Embedded data could not be displayed. </object>
Mar 17, 2010 6:24 PM

Jul 2009
This was the best episode yet imo. I wasn't liking any of these recent ones, but this one was SO awesome.
And there was an earthquake (?) alert popping, lol.
Mar 17, 2010 8:32 PM

Jan 2008
ah man, gluttony dies again. I guess that means father get's to rebuild him again. I wonder how many spare gluttonies he has laying around. Athough, I would rather he bring back Lust, at least she was nice to look at....
Mar 18, 2010 8:24 AM

Jun 2008
Jaapsneep said:
Honestly, who didn't pity Gluttony? He looked so sad when he was getting a beating by Lin. And then he gets this.

ME. Honestly what is with all the sentimentality about a fat ass stupid monster that eats people? Are you people fucking crazy?
Mar 18, 2010 9:17 AM
Jan 2010
Greed, Envy and GLUTTONY were always my favorite homunculus. Shit sucks.
Well, hopefully I won't have to see Pride anymore after next episode.
Mar 18, 2010 9:53 AM

Nov 2008
GrimWizard said:
ah man, gluttony dies again. I guess that means father get's to rebuild him again. I wonder how many spare gluttonies he has laying around. Athough, I would rather he bring back Lust, at least she was nice to look at....

pride absorbed his philsophers stone its impossible to bring him back now lol

Zephiel_ said:
Greed, Envy and GLUTTONY were always my favorite homunculus. Shit sucks.
Well, hopefully I won't have to see Pride anymore after next episode.

Monad said:
Jaapsneep said:
Honestly, who didn't pity Gluttony? He looked so sad when he was getting a beating by Lin. And then he gets this.

ME. Honestly what is with all the sentimentality about a fat ass stupid monster that eats people? Are you people fucking crazy?

lol yeah but he didnt deserve being killled by his partern....thats the only reason we feel sorry for him lol
Mar 18, 2010 12:55 PM

Oct 2007
noteDhero said:
I loved this episode. Pride is so ruthless and composed that I loved it. I didn't even know homuculi could absorb other abilities by eating the core....these are the kinds of twists that I like. There wasn't really a bad spot in this episode.

And Christmas being Chris Mustang is also very clever and cool.
Everything you said.

Normally I don't usually like bad guy but Pride is the kind of bad guy I want to root for.

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Mar 18, 2010 9:04 PM

Mar 2010
Amazing episode! I wonder what Roy is going to do with Mrs. Bradley. While I'm glad Gluttony is dead, now Pride is even stronger. Not good! D:

Mar 19, 2010 7:26 AM

Jun 2008
suigetsu00 said:

Monad said:
Jaapsneep said:

lol yeah but he didnt deserve being killled by his partern....thats the only reason we feel sorry for him lol

Are you shitting me? A crazy fat monster that eats everyone didn't deserve something that happened to him? There is nothing you could do to such a creature than doesn't deserve it.
It's seems to me that you were just shocked by Pride's ruthlessness.
Mar 19, 2010 9:05 AM

Oct 2007
Well, endless cycle of revenge is bad. But just because he was acting cute and all, that doesn't mean you should let your guard down. He is still a monster and will be.

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Mar 19, 2010 10:32 AM

Dec 2009
Poor Gluttony :( haters can just stfu.

He even called out Lust's name!!! :'(

This episode was freaking awesome (as usual) And Pride is freaking badass... now my 2nd favourite Homunculus (after Lust)
Mar 19, 2010 12:25 PM

Oct 2009
Great Episode!
O.o Pride eating Gluttony was a surprise but... Yeah! Die Gluttony! I hate you!
Oh, and i wonder what use will Mustang have of Mrs. Bradley...

Mar 19, 2010 4:08 PM

Dec 2008
I love this show, simply FANTASTIC!
Mar 19, 2010 5:35 PM

Feb 2010
Another Great Episode. I actually started to feel sorry for gluttony he seemed so helpless :'( and then Pride ate him ZOMG. Will Hohenheim have to fight Pride?
Mar 19, 2010 10:38 PM
May 2008
^ Seriously, I definitely felt a bit of sympathy for Gluttony... anyway, good episode, it passed by so quickly. I can tell that things are being drawn out in an awkward manner, but it is done so well that it's hard to be upset.
Dead Account
Please Delete
Mar 20, 2010 12:10 AM

Oct 2008
gluttony deserves to be reborn....a.hahahaha....i know thats not gonna happen though......
Mar 20, 2010 11:39 AM

May 2008
Awww D: Seeing Gluttony die almost made me cry. Poor guy..didn't even have the strength to defend himself. Pride's a little shit head. I officially hate him now. Hope he gets his ass kicked in the most brutal way >/

Mar 20, 2010 2:05 PM

Jun 2009
love pride, the way he made the logical choice in eating up gluttony was just the sort of thing i wanted to see.

Lan Fan cutting up gluttony seemed a bit overdone though. And wats up with ed's arm??? i know carbon reinforced materials are very strong but why cudnt pride cut it?? doesnt he have a shadow which can cut through anything?? havent read the manga so not sure....

Mar 20, 2010 2:33 PM

Feb 2009
Yes, I pity Gluttony ...a little

But what made him pitiful to me wasn't because he was sliced nor got eaten up.
Villains surely deserve those, though Gluttony cound not even fulfil his role as a "real" bad guy. He was not a villain at heart( or so I thought ), not with that much malicious intention.
Oh, and moreover, he was dumb, that made him look funny rather than evil.
He just did what he was ordered to and then, died. He might not( I don't really know ) want to attack ppl. He would not fight Ed&Al if he wasn't told to... errr right?

If he was not with Father, just normal homunculus ( is there any? just my thought again ) OK he might eat so/sth for food, but that's his instict. He might be able to lead a pretty happy gluttonous life without harming anyone( except his "meal" )

What's cute about Gluttony was that it seemed Lust was like a big sis to him.
And Yesss, Lust is nice to look at!

PS. I just can't stop babbling.
Mar 20, 2010 2:58 PM

Jul 2009
Although I found Gluttony to be annoying for most of the series...I've got to admit that it was really sad when Lan Fan was cutting him up, and then Pride wiped him out T__T
I'm glad that he's gone, but it was a bit of a tearjerker.

Pride is so awesome in his evilness. He's the kind of villain you love to watch!

FMA: B 10/10
Mar 21, 2010 1:06 AM

Apr 2009
t010 said:
lAnd wats up with ed's arm??? i know carbon reinforced materials are very strong but why cudnt pride cut it?? doesnt he have a shadow which can cut through anything?? havent read the manga so not sure....

I'm pretty sure I know the explanation for this (I don't remember though if the manga provided us with one): Greed's ability is the key to this. He turns organic carbon in his body into diamond (one of carbon's allotropes), which is basically one of the hardest and most durable materials you can find in nature.
Ed did the same thing: he turned the carbon in his automail (if you remember, all the carbon and stuff was added to make it lighter and less frostbite-inducing when Ed travelled to Briggs) into diamond, which Pride hints at, saying: "copying Greed now, huh?" - or something, I'm quoting from memory.
If you look closely, the moment Ed says "there's plenty of carbon reinforcement in it" while fighting Pride, they show his arm and there's a visible difference in colour between the part he reinforced with alchemy and the part starting around his elbow.
I hope I'm right, I'm gonna check it out later.
- If you believe this place holds you, it is a prison.
If you do not wish to leave, it will become a fortress.

Current icon:
Kusuriuri from Mononoke
by pana (LJ username)
Mar 21, 2010 9:15 AM

Jun 2009
Great episode, epic battle with Gluttony and Pride, it looks like the final battle is nearing :O
Mar 21, 2010 10:06 AM

Sep 2008
YES. Finally Gluttony's dead. He was always, always the homunculus that I hated the most. :| It was ironic though... that he died by being eaten. But yeah, Pride is pretty freaking terrible. I hope he gets killed off too.

Is Lan Fan alright though? The automail seemed to be giving her pain or something.

Would like to see the anime come to a satisfying conclusion - that is, a conclusion based on the manga ending. D:

The episode was amazing but it felt so short. ;_; I want moooore~
Mar 26, 2010 11:59 AM

Oct 2008
I don't think anyone noticed it . . .
But the va for gluttony and the guy who reveals the identity of madame christmas is the same guy . Random info :)
Apr 2, 2010 11:53 AM

Mar 2009
This show has turned so unbelieveably fucking childish with the way the good guys always prevail. What the hell, am i the only one who is annoyed by this? If I wanted to watch a show like this, I would pick Transformers or Thundercats or something.
Signature? I ain't got no signature! I don't need no signature! I don't have to show you any stinkin' signature!
Apr 2, 2010 7:59 PM

Oct 2008
^^^^^ sorry...id rather watch this.......
Apr 2, 2010 10:52 PM

Feb 2009
kodial said:
This show has turned so unbelieveably fucking childish with the way the good guys always prevail. What the hell, am i the only one who is annoyed by this? If I wanted to watch a show like this, I would pick Transformers or Thundercats or something.

Transformers or Thundercats lack the massively complex conspiracy and epic storytelling of FMA.

Hughes getting murdered, Havoc being paralyzed from the waist down, and Lanfan losing her arm are signs that "the good guys always prevail"? Edward effectively LOST against Kimblee when Kimblee revealed the second Philosopher's Stone. Hell, what about Bradley- when has he EVER been defeated? Ling, Lanfan, the new Greed all lost to him.

Apr 3, 2010 12:27 AM

Oct 2008
No point in arguing with him arnoldk . . . . I found kodial's comment to be one of the most childish things i've ever seen .
Apr 3, 2010 12:50 AM

Mar 2009
Hughes and Havoc getting done in were the good days of FMA. That's why I said "the show has turned into" this, it wasn't always like that, it used to be good.
And please, Ed did not lose to Kimblee, Kimblee fucked up and left and lost his henchmen and one of his stones, in the way.
All I ever see now in this show is homonculi being humiliated in battles and the good guys figuring everything out without so much as even breaking a sweat. FMA is simply paving the way for the good guys, they're always outsmarting and defeating the villains. And it's not that I like villains better than heroes, but this is getting annoying.

Prove me wrong and I don't care if you spoil it to me: Will any other "good" character as notable as Hughes, die from this point and on? Someone like Mustang, Hawkeye, Scar or Ling, a charcter of that caliber. If so, I will admit I'm wrong and spoke too soon.

And btw, good guys sacrificing themselves to get something done, don't count. Simply die because the bad guy was just that much better.
Signature? I ain't got no signature! I don't need no signature! I don't have to show you any stinkin' signature!
Apr 3, 2010 1:10 AM

Oct 2008
dont wanna spoil u man......seriously.....u dont have any idea wat happens from now on.......so plzzzzzzzzzzzzz......and i thought u liked soul eater........as far as i know.....SE is an anime where none of the good guys dies.......dont deny it....
Apr 3, 2010 1:28 AM

Mar 2009
Tch... Soul Eater is a comedy/action anime, I watch it for the lolz. I don't expect anyone of the main cast to die and don't want it either, so they can keep making me laugh to the end.

I don't watch Soul Eater and Fullmetal Alchemist for the same reasons, obviously.

Fullmetal Alchemist is drama/action/romance with a few comic reliefs. And it does not get its job well done as a drama anymore. I want more moments like Nina turning into a chimera and dying, or Hughes uncovering the conspirancy early on and getting killed for it. That's what made the series good for me and now it fails to provide me with anymore such scenes. As action and romance this anime still stands strong but as drama, it fails now in so many ways, it's unbearable.

It's as simple as this, making the villains of the anime so weak as to get done in, in every step of the way, the tension, suspense and agony have been lost.
kodialApr 3, 2010 1:31 AM
Apr 3, 2010 1:56 AM

Oct 2008
NAHHHHHHHH...THEY ARE NOT WEAK..... i know where u got the weak bit from....envy versus marcoh......to be honest with ya , envy was just unlucky to be beaten by marcoh (who is a perfect match to take down envy)..imagine marcoh versus bradley,,or envy versus edward....,,,,wat are ya gonna say then......
lust wasn't weak....dont forget , she literally screwed mustang before he got that rage thing

and about lan fan takin down gluttony in the DARK......i bet even u could have owned Gluttony if i gave u a sword and some speed boosts..( in the dark though)...its not about the weakness, its about the situation. Did pride lose , no .....did bradley lose , no......so u see my point....

to be honest with ya,,, the tension is lost mainly because u watch it once in a weak...i advice u to stop watchin the show for now...and then pick it up wen its done....then u wont lose the suspense , and agony......i hope u get my point......
lafuria_suxApr 3, 2010 1:59 AM
Apr 3, 2010 2:02 AM

Mar 2009
Yeah and IF my grandma could fly, she would be superman. Same thing happens with FMA! If it wasn't for Marcoh, Envy would have kicked ass, if it wasn't for Lan Fan, Gluttony would have kicked ass, if, if, if. But no, because like I said, FMA is paving the way for the good guys to win, and in the process making the bad guys look like wimps by getting done in all the freakin' time.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

samatar45 - Oct 2, 2009

286 by Fortvne »»
Apr 22, 4:31 PM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 27 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ahenshihael - Oct 11, 2009

296 by Fortvne »»
Apr 22, 4:31 PM

» What’s bad about this anime ( 1 2 3 )

sangonomiya_k - Nov 18, 2023

132 by Chewbaccaccino »»
Apr 21, 8:53 PM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

adamantine - Aug 16, 2009

215 by JoeyBadaSS »»
Apr 20, 10:29 PM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 64 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ahenshihael - Jul 4, 2010

965 by _dziku »»
Apr 19, 2:40 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.